It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 PokeMorphs RP 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Show me what you've got, Leo!!"

Leo pokemorphed into his Pikachu form, a dark little eyes shooting a glare in Sarah's direction as electricity violently crackled from his red cheeks... There was nothing he could say or do now... He had to fight her, and she had to fight him... Nothing around them mattered or was more important enough to them... It was like they were in their own little world or universe... Their background could have easily just been empty, nothing happening at all, nothing there to distract them from one another as they readied for battle... It was impossible to stop this battle, it was simply unavoidable... <SARAAAAAAH!!> Leo charged his entire body for his first attack.

"Hmph," she smiled, throwing the two pokeballs onto the field. It was Sandslash and Starmie, "Let's give two a try, shall we?"

<Two?! Hah! You think that will stop me... you're sadly mistaken,> Leo smirked wickedly. He noticed these were new pokemon since their year split, either previously caught and trained or given to her by Elemental, these pokemon would act under her orders without her even uttering a word... Despite telling himself it would be a cakewalk, he was unsure he could morph between Sparky and Bulba, while at the same time switching to his human self before the next morph, quickly enough... It was be a dead giveaway weakness... But what if...? Could Leo morph between pokemorphs simultaneously...? He glared. Leo had to give it a shot. The only shot he had was to use both his pokemorphs to cover both their weaknesses and type disadvantages...

The two pokemon, Sandslash and Starmie, both ran and glided toward Leo and into combat, <NOTHING'S GOING TO GET IN MY WAY!!> Leo cried, erupting into a Thunderbolt which flew toward Starmie. Sandslash jumped in front of it, completely nulling the attack ineffective. Leo cringed, giving a deep breath, <Moment of truth...> he concentrated hard on Bulba... Please, please, please, please work...

Not a second later, Leo awoke in his Bulbasaur form. He gave a chuckle of success, <Hehe, heck yeah!> throwing Razor Leaf at both of the opponents. The Sandslash used Dig, quickly diving and burrowing itself underground as the Starmie dodged completely, spinning to the right of Leo.

Sarah grinned, speaking softly to herself, "Yes, he did it, but can he apply it in battle to it's potential..."

Leo's Bulbasaur eyes followed the Starmie closely, too closely. Before he knew it, Sandslash burst from the earth below him and belted Leo skyward. Leo grunted in pain as he flew up in midair only to have Starmie ready an Ice Beam attack. Leo morphed into Sparky, Quick Attacking, into the Starmie's face and Thundershocking before it could chance an Ice Beam. Jumping from it. Sandslash lept up, swiping with a Slash. Leo morphed into Bulba, parrying with Vine Whip. Starmie charged an Ice Beam, Leo morphing into Sparky and Quick Attacking around the beam as Sandslash dodged as well. Both Sandslash curled up as Starmie used Rapid Spin at the same time, knocking Leo in the back, <Gah!>

Leo fell to the ground, the Pikachu thumping onto his back. He growled in pain.

"Finish him. Sandslash, Earthquake. Starmie, another Ice Beam--"

<Crap!> Leo swore, darting up as he saw something fall too close for comfort his way! He boosted his speeding using Agility, leaping in slow-motion out of the way as Sandslash crashed down at Leo's previous spot, quaking and uplifting the ruptures of earth. Barely rolling out of the way, Starmie caught up and hailed another Ice Beam. A sweat drop fell from his yellow head as he was chased by it, he screamed, <That's it! No more!>

He jumped up, the force of his boost sending him flying higher. The two pokemon looked on. Leo spun around, morphing into Bulba. The bulb on his back started to gather energy.

"Sandslash, Dig! Starmie, Ice Beam!"

<Hah!> Leo morphed back into Sparky, suddenly falling back to earth at fullforce, <I got you! Sparky's Ultimate Attack! Volt Tackle!!> he cried, the Pikachu erupting into a ball of lightning and firing toward the Starmie. The Ice Beam was no match. However... Sandslash appeared! It jumped up, covering Starmie at the last second, <No!>

"Sand Tomb! Starmie, Protect!"

As soon as the Volt Tackle connected, an explosion was felt all over the city of Viridian. BOOM.

---

Pant... pant... pant...

As soon as the sand left Leo's yellow body from taking more damage, he fell to the ground, his Pikachu morph almost fainting. The Sandslash and the Starmie returned to their master. Leo panted in exhaustion, sighing in frustration as he morphed back into a human, fully recovered...

"Damn you..." he glared, gritting his teeth, "Next time..." Leo's lack of experience meant winning was almost completely impossible... but he had to try...

Sarah simply gazed down at him, Farquahar watching in amusement by her side.

---

Leo landed to the ground in Pikachu form, sparks flying into the air. This time, Sandslash and Starmie fell crashing behind him, completely unconscious by the Volt Tackle Sparky unleashed. Elizabeth gasped, "You knew... You knew my every attack...? But how?"

Leo turned towards her, morphing back into human form. The bandana he threw to the wind before the battle, he kept instead, tying it around his forehead again.

Elizabeth gazed before suddenly smirking, "I see... This is a part of your dream. Isn't it? You're being tested." Everything in the world freezes suddenly.

Leo gasped, taken completely by surprise, "What?!" How did you-- ???" Their voices were the only sounds existing.

"Hahahahahaha," she laughed, "Well, this IS your dream.... You're desire was to beat me instead of losing. The advantage was yours to begin with, so you won. In the real world, you know I'm unstopable." Leo cringed, gritting his teeth. "That's right, brother... But to pass through the gate, you must show your heart is true. Not simply win a pokemon battle out of pety rivalry," she smiled to herself, closing her eyes, "You, of course, remember when I hit you in Diglett's Cave. You wanted to use pokemon in order to take revenge. Do you still think that way?"

"...We'll use pokemon just like them if we have to!"

Leo glared, his heart filling with guilt. His head lowered, "...Of course not. I know better than that. Pokemon are not tools of war or revenge. If I did, I'd be no better than the man standing next to you." Farquahar smiled darkly, simply staying silent the whole conversation.

Elizabeth nodded her head with a smile, "Good, I'm glad. This conversation is really between yourself and the me inside your heart. You experienced great guilt for that, and you think it may be a reason why I left you when I did. But now that you've confessed to it, the weight on your shoulders has loosened. Has it not?"

"Yeah, I guess..." Leo shrugged, "...I've always wondered if that was the reason you left to begin with. Did you turn evil because of me? Or was there another reason? I don't know... I wish I was talking to the real Elizabeth though. Not just the dreamland one. ----"

Elizabeth smiled.

---

Leo found himself back in Ilex again with all the others. He turned, "Guys, are you alright?"

<Good, you all made it.> Edward exclaimed.

Leo nodded to him, "Not much longer to home now. I can feel it."

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Just doing a quick post here...))

Once the forest finished materializing, the rest of the group started appearing around me. The Lucario was happy we all made it, and Leo asked if we were alright.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." I said. "But man, that was a really good feeling." I paused, and without a response with the group, I told them what I meant. "You know, about correcting a memory. It made me feel better morally."

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
"What would have happened if we didn't "make it"?"

I slowly resumed my human form as the forest finished fading back into place, eyeing the Lucario warily. "Aye, let's get a move on."

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:23 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Leo turned to Seth, giving a nod, "Yeah," his eyes drifted, "...But it's all a lie. We can't change the past. Knowing we could've changed something that happened and reliving it... That's just cruel." Leo sighed looking to Cassie and asking himself the same question. He turned back to Edward hoping for a response.

Edward paused, the aura turning visible in his right hand. He waved it about. Tiny spirits illuminated all around them, like fireflies, "This realm is full of pokemon souls, spirits. Drifting, dreaming... They're what makes this realm. It is the pokemon who tested you..."

"Of course..." Leo thought aloud, "The same feeling from the caves... It's here, too. They were full of ghost pokemon as well. But it's way more intense. This place... It's like a sea of them. But... They're all good, right? No chance of them attacking us, right?"

"That's right," Edward went on, "These pokemon won't turn into ghost pokemon, the ones you had all encountered in Diglett's Cave or Dark Cave. They live together as one. If you had lost, Cassie, and your dream was full of hate and revenge... Those souls would have considered you a threat to the realm, your soul would be pulled from the body you reside in, and you would have to send the rest of your days here, forever."

Leo gasped. To think, if he had killed Farquahar in his dream, he would have... His heart sank.

"There's a reason Crunchy guarded the gate for all this time. It was to protect travellers who unknowingly had to partake in this trial. You should consider yourselves proud. It means you each have a heart that millions if not billions of pokemon can trust. The strength and kindness of a heart is considered to be the must valuble thing a pokemon trainer can ever have."

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I listened to the explanation, but my heart did an impossible double-thump when it registered one of the implications.

"So that means... my parents' Pokemon that were killed defending us... Are they here, too?"

Achilles, Samy... Melody the Gardevoir... Brego and Isaiah, Father's Salamence and Absol... Mother's old Arcanine, Huan...

Before I could blink I was back in my Froslass morph, looking at the masses of spirits around us, hoping to see my old companions and friends again.

<Are they....?>

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:05 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

<It's possible...> The Lucario answered, <But you'll be pulled into the white world again if you look for individual souls in this sea of souls...>

"Don't do it!!" Leo turned, looking up at Cass in her Froslass morph, "It's too dangerous to do it alone! You might not make it back!"

<It's true... There's no telling if there's a path back for you if you search for them. If the realm was destroyed and the spirits were set free, however... Perhaps, then...?>

"Let's just... get a move on," Leo looked down sadly, "I'd like to see everyone I've lost as well, but... Come on."

---

Leo began to move forward, the spirits flying overhead. As they walked, the forest, the world they were inside turned black and white, the colour from the realm vanished. There were lights overhead. And buildings... Leo's eyes blurred, tears falling.

"No... No way. This isn't... My village!!" Around them, people, pokemon, buildings, the civilisation Leo called home was here. People walking with their pokemon friends walked by them in crowds, all wearing the bandana of Ilex Leo had. Everything was here as Leo remembered. "But it was ruins!!" Leo gritted his teeth, sharply turning to Edward, "What the hell is going on around here?! --- What...?" he was interupted as he spotted long lost friends he had only but forgotten about, his heart pounding, "Luke, Sam, Karl... H-Hey!!"

The three of them stopped, looking to him blankly, "Uh, yeah. That's us. Who are you and your friends?"

"Huh? It's me... Wait..." They were still kids. Leo was older than them... "N-Never mind."

They all looked at each other, shrugging. As they left, Leo frowned. This place... this was the home he had before Elemental or whoever destroyed it. Before it was all burnt down to ruins. Did the pokemon souls recreate this village...? A timeless Ilex Village...?

Suddenly, somebody thumped into Cassie. Thump!! "Hey, watch it lady!!"

"Dylan, excuse yourself!!" his big sister walked over, pulling him back by the ear.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!!"

"Sorry about my little brother... Dylan's always had no manners. I'm Elizabeth. And you are...? Wait, you're here to see the Elder of the Village, correct?" the two kids had dark red hair, both wearing bandanas. The girl had a cute looking Pichu on her shoulder. She looked kind, a good natured young girl. The little brother was a brat, however, as he hmph'd and pouted. Leo gulped, hesitating to turn to see the two kids. Did she just say her name was...?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Leo said how the fact that we couldn't change our memories, but had to relive them, was cruel. <Yeah, you're right. It did hurt too. Katya... That shouldn't of happened. Ever.>

The Snorlax explained what happened and why in greater detail, that it was the spirits of deceased Pokemon bringing us back in time, like I guessed. We started walking further into the forest, following Leo. Then, I saw something I'll never forget. We saw a town, living their lives like it was just another nice day. "Uh, Leo?" I said, "I thought you said this place got destroyed." Leo didn't hear me. He was calling to a group of kids. They came over, and responded to Leo. I don't know how they can't be real if they're talking with him. I thought. But then, I noticed something. Leo called to all the kids, who looked around eleven or twelve years old, by name, but they didn't know who he was.

That confirmed my suspicion. These kids were ghosts, frozen in time somehow, before the place was attacked.

A kid kept walking, disregarding us completely, apparently, because he walked straight into Cat. "Hey, watch it lady!!" He said. Then, a girl came out of the ghost group to talk discipline him. She was older than him, and looked about a year older than me. Grabbing the boy by the ear, she pulled him back to the rest of the kids, calling him Dylan.

"Sorry about my little brother... Dylan's always had no manners. I'm Elizabeth. And you are...? Wait, you're here to see the Elder of the Village, correct?" She said. When Leo didn't respond in a few seconds, I look at him, only to show that his face seemed like his brain just short-circuited, and all he was going to say is, "Uhhhhhhhh......". It was probably because this was Leo's sister. I decided to ask.

"Um, hey. You said you're name is Elizabeth, right?"

"Yeah, nice to meet you. What's your name?" I was about to reply, but then I thought of something. This girl is Elizabeth. If she's Leo's brother, then where's Leo? The only other person here with Leo's red hair was Dylan, and his name wasn't Leo. Everything confused me all of a sudden. It was so confusing, in fact, that I forgot I was talking to someone. I realized Elizabeth was staring at me, waiting for a response for probably twenty or so seconds. "Uh, Seth. My name's Seth. Sorry about that." I felt my face turn about the shade of red as the girls hair. Elizabeth laughed like she thought I had a crush on her, which didn't help my whole face thing.

"Ok, then!" she said, with another laugh. "So, why'd you ask about my name?" I looked at Leo, and shook his shoulder, which seemed to at least partially bring him back to reality. "How 'bout Leo answers this one, I think he would want to know more than me."

((Ok, so I 'm just going out on a limb here when I say Dylan is Leo. :lol: Also Crunchy, if that was too much gming there on Elizabeth, I can change it. Just wanted to make a longer post is all. :D))

~Neil Peart

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<Oh..... All right, then.>

I gave up on the endeavor, turning and shedding the Ghost's form reluctantly.

"... it would have been nice to see them again. To thank them."

I yipped in surprise as the kid ran into me, folding my arms and glaring down at the boy, before frowning when his sister addressed me.

Elizabeth... and a Pichu... This can't be a coincidence.

"Um, yeah, we did want to see the Elder... I'm Cat. Nice to meet you."

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Hey, we all know about redt and shina, but where'd Rex and tt go? I guess school is hitting hard or something. Anyway I'm guessing Crunchy'll move the story on when needed. Just thought I'd say something about it, since the topic was on my mind.))

~Neil Peart

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Hey, about who you were impersonating back there... Sarah's real name is actually Elizabeth. When we left Ilex, we agreed to use false names, because we were on the run, afterall... The name Leo's false as well... Since Elizabeth betrayed us, I wouldn't be hard to guess she doesn't need to hide her identity anymore... That's why the people know her as Elizabeth, and Elemental. I worked that out from the policeman... Anyway, I just thought you should know."

<A false name?> Cassie turned her head to regard him as they kept walking. <Then if you don't mind me asking, what is your real name?> ...

Seth shook Leo gently from his state of shock. Everything was just so overwhelming right now. The two kids behind him were... definitely Elizabeth at a younger age, and of course...

"Dylan!!" Elizabeth slapped him on the shoulder, the boy rudely making faces at the lady who supposedly bumped into him instead of the other way round.

Seth was making conversation with Elizabeth, when, "How 'bout Leo answers this one, I think he would want to know more than me."

She looked over to him, Leo still reluctent to turn around. "Hey, you," Elizabeth said, a small grin.

Leo sighed deeply, turning slowly. She had walked over. At the same age, she was still taller than him. Leo got slightly ticked off, "Darn it!" he swore.

"Darn it?"

"Yeah, you're still taller than me. It's depressing!" he chuckled sadly, hand ruffling the back of his hair as he looked down, trying to avoid eye contact.

"...Hey, do I know you? If I wouldn't know any better, you and Dylan could be twins."

Dylan and Leo looked at each other, turning and crossing each other’s arms in a grunt, "No way!" "Nah uh!"

She laughed, giving him a smile, "So, what's your name?"

"It's..." Leo found the words hard to come by. When they changed their names, they were on the run. It was the hardest time of their lives. Dylan, and this Elizabeth, would eventually one day have to go through that event. He couldn't find the heart to say it, "It... doesn't matter. Listen..."

"Yeah?"

"No matter what happens, I... No... You're not the right one to say this to..." Leo shook his head, "Don't worry about it!" he pulled up his head, full on smile, trying to hold back the tears, "It's alright! The Elder's that way, right?!"

Leo walked over to Dylan, "You look after your big sister, alright?!” he wanted to tell himself more, like; I know she's hard to understand, but... As long as you stick together, everything will be fine, trust me. Listen to her, alright? Stop being so stubborn and angry and upset all the time! The world doesn’t revolve around you. Think about other people, other pokemon’s feelings before your own for a change. Because you’ll regret it when everything leaves you because of your hatred... That’s what he really wanted to say.

"...I've always wondered if that was the reason you left to begin with. Did you turn evil because of me? Or was there another reason? I don't know... I wish I was talking to the real Elizabeth though.”

She spoke emotionless, until she uttered, "...Go see my brother. He's heading in the direction of Ilex... I'd follow, but I'm not worthy. He'll need his friends." A sort of compassion took over, a seemingly rare occurrence.

Leo wondered if she meant not worthy as in she would have failed the trial and died having entered the gate. Or maybe, she really meant what she said, and abandoned everything including her home, or rather, what was left of it.

Dylan poked his tongue out cheekily as Elizabeth grabbed him again, “Let’s go. Class is starting anyway. We can all go together,” she laughed. Leo nodded, waving to the others to follow. It was strange, being chummy with Elizabeth. There was really another side to her after all.

---

An old man with grey and spiky hair was writing on the chalk board. Kids all around Leo and Elizabeth’s age walked in and sat at their own tables. It was a pokemon class. Everyone in the village, because they all lived with pokemon, were exceptional in the subject. This class was perfecting and finding those hidden talents. Leo and the gang followed them inside. As the teacher turned to greet them, Leo was left with a warm smile on his face. To think, after all the discipline and detentions... Elder was still the one he was fond of seeing the most.

“Oh, visitors today?”

“So, we heard you’re the Elder around here…” Leo grinned, gazing around the room of drawings of all different pokemon. Admiring his own work more or less.

“Yes yes, call me Blue if you prefer,” he chuckled, eyeing Leo’s bandana before squinting at the Dylan sitting down after him at his desk. He was already up to no good, leaning back and forth on his chair. Blue looked back to Leo and his friends, “Say, mind if we go out for a bit? Follow me. Class, get out your books and read from where we last left off.”

As Leo turned to follow him, Elizabeth called out, “Hey!”

“Yeah?” Leo turned for a moment.

“I hope… You get to say what you feel, what you really feel, to the person you need to say it to. Good luck.”

---

Blue lead them all to a courtyard. There was a monument there with a large blade of stone somewhat stuck in the ground. Apparently it was the famous trainer’s. The one who could look inside a pokemon’s heart. Everyone who lived in Ilex Village may have been descendents from that Pokemon Master. That was the legend anyway…

Blue turned, a glare shot straight at Leo. He jumped. “Travellers, You’re from the outside world, are you not? From outside this realm and time. And you’re Dylan, five years older if I’m correct.”

Leo was completely lost for words, “--- But, how?”

“Hmph! Don’t take me for a fool, Dylan. Your red hair, your eyes, that bandana you bear. I’m sure your sister had suspicions as well, but this meeting being near impossible in any other circumstance… But I digress. In this timeless world, I am the only afterimage of the deceased Elder that has an awareness and consciousness of the realm. It’s obvious you travellers have come this far seeking answers to some of your questions.”

“This,” Axel held the Cube in front of him.

“Ah, I see. So, you are the Pokemorphers. I guess that also explains a lot. So you have met Bill, I presume…”

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I followed Leo and the rest quietly, trying to banish the host of emotions brought on by seeing my parents' now-dead Pokemon-- my childhood caretakers, playmates, companions, and occasional battle partners-- alive and well again. Equally troubling was the kid who appeared with the younger Elizabeth. Was that really Leo? Or should I say, Dylan?

The Elder's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and I folded my arms as I eyed him warily. Years of living on the streets had left me with a profound mistrust of strangers and this man was no exception, Elder though he might be. "Travellers... You might call us that, aye."

Axel held the Cube out and I eyed it for a moment, reflecting on all the joys and sorrows that little piece of technology had brought us. "Yes, we are Pokemorphers. And yes, we met Bill... before Elemental captured him. I don't suppose that since you're a spirit, you'd be able to tell us if he's okay...?"

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As we followed Elizabeth to the old school, Leo looked pretty happy to see all this again.

Then, the Elder took us outside, at shot Leo a glare. He knew we were living and that he was dead. He knew that everyone here was dead. And he said Dylan was Leo, and that we've talked with Bill about being PokeMorphers.

It was a lot of information to take in at once. "Yes, we are Pokemorphers. And yes, we met Bill... before Elemental captured him. I don't suppose that since you're a spirit, you'd be able to tell us if he's okay...?" Cat asked.

It was a good question. If Elemental had gotten rid of Bill, this Blue person might be able to tell.

"Yeah." I agreed with Cat. "What happened to Bill? I'd really like to know."

~Neil Peart

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22