It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:06 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Quest Against the Mad King (sign-ups closed for now) 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((YEAH!!! Go for it, Shina. I'm pretty sure Edoc'sil has more slots open.
@Edoc'sil: Yeah, that would make sense. So much for being foster-brothers, lol.))

That night, I dreamed...

Valian and I are soaring over the clouds. It is night, and a million stars twinkle in the sky. I look up, and trace the constellations and far-away spirals in my mind. The beauty of the scene brings a tear to my eye. The moon, shining silver and bright, makes Valian's scales glimmer, almost as thought they were covered in frost...

Suddenly, Valian swerves to the left, crying out in surprise and anger. A monstrously sized dragon emerges from the clouds, flapping straight up. The wings, some thirty feet from tip to tip, are strong; scars criss-cross the thin membrane, distorting the light that would normally be coming through them. The dark red, almost black in its hue, created an effect as though the dragon was covered in shadows. It roared, flames flickering in its nostrils. A mad gleam shone in its eye, and I knew a fight was coming.

Rising above the dark dragon, Valian and I let loose a battle cry; a stream of fire twenty feet long appeared in front of us, Valian's expectation for a fight making the flames burn ever hotter. The dragon responded in kind; on his back, there sat a great warrior, almost the size of an Urgal. Somehow, though, I knew him to be human. The Rider wore black armor, all spines and razor-edges; in his hand, a sword matching the color of his dragon glinted brightly. The Rider silently pointed the sword at us - and the next thing I knew, Valian and I were falling through the air, losing altitude rapidly.

The larger red dragon came down, and grappled with Valian. But Valian's size and strength were dwarfed by the immense dragon, and a claw rended Valian from tail to collarbone. I cried out in anger and shared pain, and brought Oxius around to attack the black-clad warrior. But he blocked, then slashed downward - and I woke up.

I sat forward suddenly, the death of me and Valian in the dream still fresh in my mind. Sweating, I looked around, checking to see if there was any danger. But there was only Dusan and Beroan, and the fire, and the sounds of the forest. I shook my head, then rose and walked over to Dusan.

"Morning, I guess. I'll take the watch now; you go ahead and get some rest." Without waiting for a response, I sat down on a tree stump, and thought about the dream.
((EDIT: btw, that's not meant to be redt or anyone else, really. just pretty much filler, lol))

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I luv inheritance cycle books.

Name: Kuson
Race: Human
Sword Name: Adurlas (after Adurna which is water)
Dragon Name:Heiroz
Color: Yellow
Personality: aggressive but laid back around familiar faces, he can't shut up if he starts talking about dragons and magic and all that
Appearance: sandy blonde hair and blue eyes, African American, broad shoulders and build.
History: He was born in Dras Leona and secretly aided the Varden using his own spy ring to spy on Galbatorix's men and officials, but when eragon and his dragon set fire to his home, he fled down the Jiet river and found his dragon egg there, it hatched and his adventure began...

I'm like, famous on CoD WaW. My username? It's God of Cod

My DPP team as of now
{blastoise} {charizard} {sceptile} {scizor} {snorlax} {raichu}

Last edited by Arceus101 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
(@shina: go ahead, set up! and I don't mind, Eragon has messed up Alagaesia, like Galbatorix did, so it wouldn't be too big a problem! :twisted: )
(@arceus: I don't know whether redt is officially gone or not, so red and it's shades are.... on hold. Also gone are black, blue, and green.)
Dusan had been stressed with little to eat or drink lately, so he just collapsed on the ground, already snoring. Beroan snorted in amusement. "Sleep well, little one."

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The sun began to come over the horizon. With it, Valian rose, and stretching like a cat, greeted me. Morning, little one. I take it you slept well? I nodded. Some strange dreams, but nothing I won't get over. Come on; let's wake up Dusan and Beroan. I walked over to the sleeping elf and his dragon.

Gently nudging Dusan, I said, "Hey, rise and shine. We need to get moving so that a random patrol won't find us." Valian raised a claw and patted the remnants of the fire; they quickly went out, and Valian buried them under some soil. I got up, expecting that Dusan probably had been resting lightly, as all elves do, and began to put Valian's saddle on, pack our bags, and check my wards and weapons.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Dusan blinked the sleep out of his eyes wearily, and waved his hand over his face, casting magic to wake himself up. Dusan leapt up. He checked Kveykeya was secure and patted Beroan. "Now, we finally have a chance."
"Little one, we always had a chance. It has only increased." Beroan's eye sparkled. He to was feeling optimistic. A warm breeze blew across their faces.
"Even nature is on our side," Dusan remarked. "Yes," he said aloud. "that's a good idea." Beroan stretched his large leathery wings and stretched out one limb at a time, including his tail.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After I finished packing the saddle, I yawned, stretched, and did the 2nd level of the Rimgar. After I finished, I leaned against Valian and asked Dusan, "So where are we going?? We're in the right mountain range, but I'm not totally familiar with what kind of ways to learn magic we'll find here. Do you have a specific place to go??"

Valian yawned, stretched his wings a little, then added, We could always try going to Carvahall. Supposedly Roran Stronghammer started it back up after the war. It could hold some clues as to Eragon's weaknesses. Failing that, we could at least stock up on supplies and hear of news from the new Empire.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:10 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Edoc'sil wrote:
Dusan blinked the sleep out of his eyes wearily, and waved his hand over his face, casting magic to wake himself up. Dusan leapt up. He checked Kveykeya was secure and patted Beroan. "Now, we finally have a chance."
"Little one, we always had a chance. It has only increased." Beroan's eye sparkled. He to was feeling optimistic. A warm breeze blew across their faces.
"Even nature is on our side," Dusan remarked. "Yes," he said aloud. "that's a good idea." Beroan stretched his large leathery wings and stretched out one limb at a time, including his tail.

okay i changed my color to yellow.

My DPP team as of now

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(accepted then)
Dusan shifted. "If Roran still supports his brother, than he may be able to drive us out. There is that risk, even if we do have the advantage of magic and dragons. But... I don't see any other choice."
"Do not underestimate the strenght of a dragon," Beroan rumbled. Dusan smiled. He was right. Roran would have no chance against the four of them, no matter how skilled in human to human combat he may be.
"So, next next stop: Carvahall?" Dusan asked.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:08 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Edoc'sil wrote:
(accepted then)
Dusan shifted. "If Roran still supports his brother, than he may be able to drive us out. There is that risk, even if we do have the advantage of magic and dragons. But... I don't see any other choice."
"Do not underestimate the strenght of a dragon," Beroan rumbled. Dusan smiled. He was right. Roran would have no chance against the four of them, no matter how skilled in human to human combat he may be.
"So, next next stop: Carvahall?" Dusan asked.

(as a good chance to meet up with the other characters straight away, ill start my posts in Carvahall, you're free to "meet" me and include me in the post when you get there, i don't rly have much time to post this week.

My DPP team as of now

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:15 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

[color=#8040FF]((Sorry its taken so long to make my profile, been busy with school work and my current project lately. Anyway here is my profile.

Race-Dwarf[full blooded]
Personality-Very aggressive. Loves to fight, but extremely loyal to those he deems as friends. Temperamental to an extent, can be ticked off very easily but most of the time keeps his temper under control.
Age- Middle aged for a Dwarf [Edoc I forget how long Dwarves live so if you can point it out to me how long they live that would be extremely helpful and I can edit this.]
Color of Dragon/Sword-Purple
Name- Belor Ovak
History- Was around at the battle of Farthen D

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Welcome to the RP, guys! And aren't dwarves one of the races that live for a really long time, like the elves?? If so, they may not have a set lifespan....))

I nodded. "Yup, but that's a good point. We don't know where Roran's allegiances lie, so he could be a potential hazard." I looked up at Valian wistfully, coming to a peronal decision that was... unfavorable.

Turning back to Dusan, I added, "And we may have to leave the dragons in the Spine while in Carvahall. All the villagers know from the war what a dragon looks like; we would stand out too much. And your stealth spell won't work, because they would still leave footprints behind." Valian nodded sagely. This is a wise choice. If you prefer, Dusan, as I would, I think Beroan and I should watch from such a high altitude as to look like birds. It will be difficult, but at least we could be there at a moment's notice. I grimaced at my own stupidity. You're right. I shouldn't jump to such rash conclusions. Besides, what would I do without you to watch my back? Valian snorted, a small plume of smoke rising from his nostrils. Get yourself killed charging into battle, most likely.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:57 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Kuson awoke to the sound of crunching, and shrugged off his waking dreams. The crunching noise turned out to be Heiroz tearing the bones out of a large doe that he had caught. Ahh and the mighty rider awakens from his immortal slumber. It was an old joke between them. Ugh well somebody ate too many sheep last night. Kuson thought. It was another regular day at Carvahall. Carvahall was the home of a spy ring dedicated to overthrowing Eragon's regime called the Steel Fist. They transported supplies and messages by horseback to the nearest Elf city, Osilon and other areas. Today Kuson was going to fly to Therinsford to neogotiate trade with an Urgal Herndall, or tribute ruler, Nar-Fardoek. It was going to be a long day...

My DPP team as of now

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:33 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Kuson knew everyone thought Eragon had turned evil, but could it have been someone elses doing. Or maybe a magical item had driven him insane. He had been surprised to learn that his cousin Roran had fled north to Ceunon with his wife for fear of his sibling. He shrugged the thoughts off as Heiroz landed in Therinsford.
Nar-Fardoek was waiting for him...

(just wanted to suggest the idea, because I rly liked eragon.)

My DPP team as of now

Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:47 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(@shinasu: somewhere between 100 and 300. I'm not sure. :b Also, accepted, and abut how he came upon the dragon: from what I know, you can't 'work' to make it hatch; the dragon seems to know when their destined Rider is there.)
(arceus: two things: 1)please don't double post; if you have more to say, just edit your original. 2) the way the story is going, Roran is in Carvahall, which he started up again to fulfill his promise to Katrina, and as far as the magic/item theory- we'll see when we get so far as to worry about it.)
Dusan nodded and said a quick spell, turning his features more human; mainlly rounding his ears and eyes, grimacing at the strangeness of it. "We should rest and eat well tonight, to replenish our energy in case things get a bit ugly."
Beroan nodded slowly, agreeing with Valian. "That would be the safest thing to do."
Dusan quickly went through his personal list of spells he would use, should there be a fight involved.
(just a reminder: all 12 words of death are BANNED)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((wait a minute, didn't we just wake up?? why are we resting again?? O_o I'll keep writing as though we did just wake up, but if I'm wrong I can edit later.))
I climbed aboard Valian. "So, what are we waiting for?? Let's goooooo-" Suddenly, Valian pumped his wings, once, twice, and we were rocketing up into the sky.

It had been a while since Valian and I had flown together; the cramped forests of the Spine weren't ideal for it, and to fly above the canopy could mean instant death by magician or Urgal tribe, so we had stuck to the ground. The simple elation of flying among the clouds was exhilirating; I laughed and whooped. Then I remembered that we were on a mission to overthrow Eragon, and that we were flying towards his cousin's village. Subdued, I quickly uttered the spell of invisibility that Dusan had used to hide from me. Valian quickly disappeared from beneath me, and I suddenly realized that this would be a nauseating way to travel.

Valian noted, If you get sick, we can always just land and have you and Dusan walk, while Beroan and I fly invisibly; it bothers me none. I was glad for his concern, but wouldn't hold up the mission. Thank you, but I'm sure that I'll get this eventually. Or at least I hope so. I shrugged, then laughed at the fact that it was a pointless gesture while invisible. I reached out to Dusan's mind warily, then communicated, When we get to where we can see the village, let's land, alright?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(Oh yeah, I forgot. XD)
Dusan jumped on to Beroan, who leaped in to the sky.
"Of course," he answered.
The rush of flying was great, and Dusan hadn't felt it in a long time. Beroan either, so he was testing his abilities in the air at every possible opportunity.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Flying was the greatest thrill possible to man. Or at least that was the thought I kept having as we flew westward. But if everybody could experience this, would it be as special? I shook these thoughts off; I knew that I was content to be one of the privileged few to be able to fly with a dragon.

Nerago, Dusan, I think I can smell smoke. We must be getting close to either Carvahall or a hidden Urgal village. Do you want to set down and explore, or fly over just to make sure?
((blargh post; better stuff in the future, lol))

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(same here. I have to go and I haven't RPed in a while. XD)

Dusan hesitating before replying. "I think we should fly over. If they try t shoot us down, we can deflect the arrows with magic."
Beroan grunted general agreement

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Well, then, I guess we're going for it...." Valian abruptly dove, folding his wings to his sides as he did so.

Even without being able to see Valian, the rush as gravity was left behind was exhilirating. I let my hands loose, enjoying the feeling of free-fall -- then pulled them back in when the wind resistance nearly pulled them out of socket.

We broke through a layer of clouds, and the village came into view. It was relatively small; I couldn't see many villagers about, and only a couple of pens for farmstock. Not wanting to attract too much attention, I used my mind to speak to Dusan. Can you tell if those are Urgals or humans?? We're too high up, and my human eyes can't tell. It was rather surprising; usually my senses were better than a human's, but maybe it was a temporary lapse. Or something like that.

((sorry for the long wait; I honestly couldn't think about how I wanted to handle that little bit, lol))

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dusan peered closely. His vision was blurred, or so it seemed. When he looked away from the village, he could see perfectly clearly. "Magic," he growled. "We've got to be very careful. Because of it, I can't tell what is- or isn't- there."
Beroan looked and saw it was true the humans, Urgals, or whatever creature had cast it. he felt danger and swooped back up above the cloud-line. "Should we rethink our plan?" he asked.
(that happens sometimes. XD)

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((have you PMed any of the other players?? I know i've seen redt log on at least once, and shina's on pretty regularly, so... maybe it's time to bring them back in?? *shrug*))

I cursed as Valian rose back up above the clouds. I looked at Dusan and Beroan, then thought back, I don't think that many Urgal shamans would have reason or ability to do this; I believe we've found Carvahall. Unfortunately, I can't think of another way to do this; I think we need to proceed with our original plan, and land in the forest. Valian stretched his wings a little, then added, If we stay closer in, then Beroan and I can easily come to your rescue. Whatever is obscuring our vision can't affect our comings and goings, or the villagers would have a hard time getting supplies to their homes and farms. This made a great deal of sense to me, so I scratched Valian's neck scales in appreciation of his draconic wisdom.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dusan nodded and Beroan agreed, but why Carvahall wanted to not be seen from above clearly- he could easily make out a general town, but no people or precise objects.
(begh I have to go. I'll send PMs, but no time to write a better post.)

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((ok, np))
We decided to coast along for a few minutes so as to get closer to a forest near Carvahall. As we set down in the forest, I began to undo my leg straps. I slid down to the ground, then began to take out supplies I would need to disguise myself as a traveler. I donned a large cloak, which hid my sword and belt full of supplies. Valian stretched his wings, then quickly curled up to rest. It was such a short distance, but all the altitude changes have worn me out... We need to fly more often, Nerago. I nodded. Don't worry, buddy; we will.

After putting on a hood, packing a backpack full of supplies that a traveler would have realistically, and starting a fire, I turned to Dusan. "So, you ready to go make ourselves known to the villagers of Carvahall??

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Just making sure, I'm the dwarf/human, rex09 is an Urgal human, edocsil is an elf, and redt is a human?

Ys I edited my character I'm part dwarf descent, which is why my characterwill use the dwarf language (I thought this up to get around the ancient language only during magic rule, but my character will say things like barzul or whateveraa

My DPP team as of now

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:09 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((yeah... this kinda died after the site reboot. Edoc hasn't been around recently, and neither redt nor Shinashu posted anything other than their profiles. So... I'll wait to see if Edoc comes back to this; if not, then it's done, unfortunately.))

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next