It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Viral Secrets (The big climax is here!!) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Ok so Steel_Eel please don't god mod. You controlled my character to a minor extant and made up more infected pokemon, which the scientists don't have. Sorry to be like this but it's kinda a pet peeve of mine.I'm only one who can control characters to a certain extant, unless you're given permission.
rex- You're accepted. You can just be in the lab with everyone else if you want. You don't have to make a story since we're starting to get into it.))

Daniel looked at Massimo, "It's nice to meet you Massimo. I'm Daniel and this is my wife Rachel." Rachel walked up and shook hands, "A pleasure. We both agree with your idea of the virus being a mutation from the Pokerus Virus, due to the fact it's just a more extreme version of it." Daniel spoke up, "But we think that the virus affects the entire brain along with the DNA strands. Allowing the pokemon to use moves that it couldn't normally use. We need to get the source of the virus so we can make an antidote."

Red walked over and shook Massimo's hand. "My parents also believe that the virus was man-made. I just want to find a way to make an antidote and end this epidemic." He looked at the Pachirisu image, "We can't allow this to spread worldwide."

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((thanks redt!! i'll just start off in the lab then...))
Everyone seemed like they were buzzing with energy. I was wondering how in the world we were going to stop this monstrosity. The Pachirisu.... Whatever had happened to it, it wasn't normal, that was for sure. I looked around, deciding to talk to other trainers and figure out their thoughts on this.
"...can't allow this to spread worldwide." I heard this sentence, and, looking over, figured that this must be the trainer I had heard about at the Pokemon center, Red. He was the son of the researchers. Deciding this was a good place to start, I walked over.

"Sorry to interrupt, I overheard the last bit of your conversation. My name is Axel. Now, I was wondering, why do you think that it's man-made?? Pokerus can generally be unstable, which is why it can modify the strengths of your pokemon. Couldn't that give it the ability to mutate like this as well?"

Last edited by rex09 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Cassie's eyes narrowed as she watched the projection of the Pachirisu-- unbeknownst to her, her Lucario mirrored her expression almost exactly as the young woman turned to listen to Daniel and Rachel, gaze flicking to the young man with the Vaporeon as he finished his sentence.

"... can't allow this to spread worldwide."

"We most certainly can't." Cassie muttered under her breath, moving closer to the scientists and politely addressing the woman, Rachel, as her husband seemed occupied.

"Pardon me, Ma'am, but could you give us more data on where the viral outbreaks have been seen?"

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Red turned to let the newcomer join the conversation. "Well from what the research I've done has told me, it wasn't the Pokerus Virus itself that mutated the pokemon. The pokemon that had the Pokerus Virus didn't mutate...even after the virus left their system. Plus the Pokerus Virus has been around since the beginning and never showed signs of causing this behavior before. Someone or something must have altered it manually, the virus couldn't of evolved within three days on its on."

Rachel cleared her throat, "Trust Red on this. Because of his research we understand that the virus doesn't effect genetically unstable pokemon as bad as normal pokemon." She looked at Vaporeon then resumed speaking, turning to the girl. "We have no exact idea where the outbreak happened except that it occurred in the Windworks area and Pastoria City area. We have always heard that they have found an infected Wailord in off the coast of Iron Island. So we can only assume that there are infected Water Types swimming near Iron Island. They have it contained though." She turned back to the group, "Now we must get you all prepared for the journey. Red if you wouldn't mind taking them to the storage room?"

"No problem Mom. Follow me please. Tony will help you get what you need." Red walked down a corridor that led to a sliding door. After hitting a few numbers on a key pad the door slid open to reveal a room full of items, bags, and 5 PC's. Tony was standing in the middle of the room, "Here are some packs. You can pack anything you want in this room."

((You guys can pick anything you want, no more than 15 items please. This includes Pokeballs(no Master), held items, and standard items. You can also get your favorite color pack yay! Oh and you can swap out any pokemon if you changed your mind on who you want for your team.))

Last edited by redt on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Well, this is quite a collection of pokemon items. What the hell did you guys do, steal it all?" Grinning wolfishly, I began to load up on items.
"You know, if we really want to do this right, we should all just take five pokeballs, then designate who'll be responsible for various supplies, like, food, and water. What do you guys think?"
Thinking no farther than that, I grabbed a blue bag, five ultra balls, six Full restores, a quick claw, a blackglasses, and two pieces of mail, in case we needed help. I figured if they accepted my offer of dividing up responsibilites, I could always just repack.
((btw, if you guys don't like that idea, then just ignore it, and i'll stick with the above items; i was just curious what we were going to do about food and stuff))

Last edited by rex09 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Cassie already has a bag, as I wrote in the original post... no extradimensional space in it though, just a regular trainer's pack. Contains mainly berries, a few normal Pokeballs, and "human supplies". )

"Windworks and Pastoria City..." Cassie murmured, plotting the location on a mental map. "And Iron Island too... that means it may either have spread to Pastoria from Iron Island via infected water Pokemon, or vice versa..."

As the young man, Red, led them to the storage room, Lucario let out a few soft, sad barks, and his trainer nodded. "I know your dad came from Iron Island, 'cari... it's okay. We'll find out what's wrong and stop it, I promise."

The trainer scooped up a black pack, walking among the shelves with her Lucario close behind, eventually selecting a few items and putting them away neatly.

Items taken:
2 Net Balls
3 Dusk Balls
5 Full Restores
1 Hyper Potion
1 Black Flute
1 Blue Flute
1 Escape Rope
1 Leftovers

"So, where do we go first?" Cassie looked over at Red curiously.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Assuming that nobody had heard me, I looked around while everyone else got the rest of their items together. I noticed that one girl, like me, was already done; she had a lucario by her side. I decided to walk over and introduce myself, considering the fact that we would be on the road for a while.
"What's up?? My name's Axel. I'm from Canalave. And you are....?"

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie turned and smiled at him, brushing back a piece of dark hair as she zipped up the pack, offering a hand to shake.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Cassie Taylor, from Celadon City. This is Lucario."

The Pokemon let out a polite bark and nodded his head to the other trainer.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I graciously walked over and took a brown pack, and filled it with essential items. Five Full Heals, five Hyper Potions, and five Revives. "I will take on the role of the healer I guess, still I would recommend taking a few healing items for yourselves."

"I heard of the infected Wailord, if this is true then it can't be ruled out it won't spread to the other regions fast enough or it could even be in the Sinnoh water supply." Hmm a manmade virus what if this is some new criminal organization that has sprung up and is making themselves known in a bold way? I looked around and couldn't help but think that these two scientists know more than they just shared.

Just now taking a notice of Axel I went over and offered my hand "Nice to meet you Axel my name is Massimo Francisco."

((Redt what do you have planned in the ways of food? Are we gonna get some from the lab or are we gonna be staying at places that provide it to us? If not then we should probably get some basics here like bread and water. Also are we getting sleeping bags and such with said packs?))

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie looked to the side at the newcomer, her Lucario letting out a second quiet bark of greeting. "Massimo, is it? Hello, I'm Cassie Taylor."

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

"I need supplies." I thought as I moved away from Eric to follow Red. I grinned and exchanged a glance with Sable when I saw all the Supplies Sable had joined me a few mintues ago, Claydol in tow. I sprinted over to the items, and began taking supplies.

Items taken
2 Timer Balls
3 Dusk Balls
5 Full Restores
1 Hyper Potion
2 Escape Ropes(Wait until you see what he does with them.)
2 Pokedolls

Sable had grabbed extra and was running around with it, a huge grin on his face. I smiled and stooped down to pick up one of the escape ropes I had grabbed. I tied a lasso, and looked around for Sable. I spotted him near a girl with a Lucario. "Watch out, Gal." I called to her cheerfully. "Gotta a naughty little thief to snag." I gauged the distance, and hurled the lasso. It got around Sables leg, preventing him from running. "Gotcha." I breathed, and pulled it tight. Tight enough so it was firm, but not cruelly tight. I walked quietly towards Sable, knowing he couldn't escape me. Upon reaching Sable, I grabbed him and held up by one leg. "Now look here Sable, I ain't got time for your thief routine,so when I count to 3, I will undo the lasso and you had better put that stuff where you found it in less than two minutes, or I am gonna tie you up and get your Pokeball, and you will miss the fun." I drawled. "Understood?" Sable nodded. "Good, and remember, no asking Claydol for help." Sable nodded. "One......Two.......Three!!!" I undid the knot and Sable dropped to the floor, landing on his back, but he got up and was off, grabbing stuff he and dropped and putting it back. "That trick always gets him to move." I grinned.

Thanks to Legendary Tamer for the Trainer card and Egg of Darkrai
Thanks to Rex09 for the sprite of Sable and Kassie.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((sorry for the late reply Lady Miir and Shina, had to take care of something))
Cassie and Massimo both seemed like good people, and able to take care of themselves. Just the kind of people that we needed for this adventure, if that was what it was going to be.
"Pleased to meet you, Cassie and Massimo. Oh, and of course you too, Lucario!!" I smiled and shook their hands, then petted Lucario.
"Well, it seems like everyone has their pokes out except me!! So, I'm gonna let mine join the party!! Come on out, Miten!!!" With that, I let my Mightyena out of his pokeball. "Don't worry if he barks a little; he's all bark and no bite, but he's useful for things other than battling." Miten sat down and began panting, with a curious puppy look in his eyes.
I turned to Cassie and Massimo. "So, do you guys know where we're going? I mean, keeping it a mystery is fine and all, unless we're actually supposed to find the source of this virus!!" Sarcasm aside, I was genuinely curious where we were going first. I was hoping for Iron Island, but to be honest, I couldn't figure this out....

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(that's fine, rex09. :) )

Cassie looked down and chuckled as the Sableye shot past her with a mischievous giggle, before being snagged and pulled back by a lasso made from an Escape Rope. "Gotcha, I have a couple Ghost types with me too..." She raised a slightly impressed eyebrow at the young man, clearly the Sableye's trainer. "That's quite a creative use of an Escape Rope."

Lucario let out a pleased bark as Axel greeted him, before a smile spread over his muzzle at the sight of the Mightyena, and Cassie herself smiled. "My father used to have a Mightyena, named Sugar. She's back at home guarding the baby Pokemon-- best caretaker we have." She crouched to offer a hand for the other canine Pokemon to sniff, before looking up at Axel seriously.

"I think we'll either be going to Pastoria or Iron Island first, to see the situation and trace the infection back to its roots. I wonder who could have done this though? And why... other than world domination, of course." The young woman managed a wry laugh at her own statement.

Last edited by LadyMiir on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((do you mean rex09?? btw, gotta hit the hay after this, so... g'nite))
"Pastoria, huh?? Could be interesting to see how this is affecting the safari zone pokemon. Since many of them are from other regions, we can see what it would be like if this spreads. On the other hand, I would like to see what kind of damage a Wailord with this virus can do... But either way, I agree with you in that we need to find the source of this- and fast. What are your thoughts on this, Massimo??" I turned to the older trainer, wondering what to expect from his answer.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Sorry, edited ^^;;; Goodnight and see you tomorrow! :) )

Cassie shuddered slightly, the mental image of the deranged Pachirisu's eyes still in her mind. "I would -not- want it to spread, particularly to any Legendary Pokemon. Can you -imagine- what Hoenn's Groudon or Kyogre could do in that state? Never mind Hoenn, think of the Dragons of Sinnoh, infected by that virus..."

"Likewise for the Wailord... their Water Spout is already very dangerous, and if we didn't have a Pokemon with Water Absorb, or -several- at that, I'd be very wary of approaching it."

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((I'll explain the packs via Tony.))
Red grabbed a dark green bag.
Items taken: 5 Ultra Balls
3 Full Restore
1 Mystic Water
1 Miracle Seed
1 Dragon Claw
1 Scope Lens
3 Max Revives

Red walked over to the group, who was starting to get to know each other. "I'm Red for those of you I haven't met personally and this is my Vaporeon." Red gestured toward his pokemon, Vaporeon nodding at the trainers. "He doesn't vocalize much but he gets his point across."

Tony walked over to the group. "Ok so your packs come with some benefits that was already prepacked. In the front pocket there's a weeks ration of food for each but I hope ya'll will come across a town at some point. In the side pocket there is a card that allows you to buy anything you need. Just show it to the person in charge of the place you're shopping at."

He flipped Red's pack over. "There's a bottom zipper that has a sleeping bag and a tarp. The packs also have GPS locators in them and these will show you exactly where each other are." Tony tossed everyone a watch-like object. "It even tells time.", he chuckled. "The color of your dot is the same as your pack. And that's all I have for you guys. Head back to the main lab for transport to your location."

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I acknowledged Cassie and greeted her thusly "its nice to meet ya Cassie." I turned to Axel "I think our first order of looking into this is by going to ground zero of the first reported case of this virus to get as much info on how it happened" I paused a bit "of course that is just a quick opinion and by no means a fact, just something that I would do when investigating something like this." Turning back over to Cassie "any Pokemon legendary or not gets a power increase to frightening levels, though a Caterpie might not be scary alone, but infected with this virus it could be." I cleared my throat of something that got into it "also I don't think I would be using a Water Absorb ability against a water attack from an infected Pokemon on the chance it might infect it as well." I then proceeded to follow Tony out to the main lab.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cassie frowned thoughtfully and nodded. "You have a point... So I guess if we run into any infected Pokemon, our only options are capture or run. I'd rather not kill them unless I have no other option..." She nodded appreciatively at Tony as he explained the pack's properties. "Most convenient, thank you."

Lucario barked quietly in a hello to the Vaporeon, before following his trainer back to the main lab, flexing his paws slightly in a habitual movement.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Red and the rest of the group walked into the main lab, his parents talking close and quietly. They quickly moved to the table once the trainers walked in.

Daniel walked over, "Tony gave you everything you need?" Red nodded his head. "Good. Now let's talk about where you're going to go. We believe that you must investigate the Pastoria area. We think that's where the origin may be due to the Safari Zone." Rachel walked up, "You'll be taking Jeeps since the terrain is rough and muddy. I would prefer that the more experienced ones drive." Rachel smiled sincerely at the group.

Daniel and Rachel gave Red a big hug. Daniel resumed speaking, "The watches that Tony gave all of you also can be used as communicators between each other and the lab. After I gave the watches this update chip of course." Daniel put a chip in each watch, the screens lighting up after the chip was put in. "Good luck and I hope you find the point of origin." Rachel hid a tear, "And please be very careful and watch out for each other."

Red looked at his parents before going out the door. "We'll be okay." He headed out into the sunny day, Vaporeon walking closely. He turned to the group, "Well we have two Jeeps at our disposal and I can drive these things no problem. Anyone else know how to drive one?"

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I raised my hand, "I know how to drive, but I'm not sure what Pastoria's laws allow for. Perhaps Massimo can drive?" I returned Miten to his ball, and took out Pitto, my trusted Pidgeot.
"Those watches help us find paths and each other, right? Well, maybe Pitto here can watch for obstacles or wild pokemon along the way. I'll ride on her back, and tell you guys if there's anything dangerous to look out for." With that, I mounted Pitto, and got ready for the trip ahead.
((I might not be on much today, so if you guys advance the plot, redt can godmod me for today as necessary))

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:35 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I took out Coco's Pokeball, and threw it. "I ain't got time for Jeeps." I yelled as I mounted up. "I am gonna be up in the air as well." I looked around for Magnus. "Sorry Magnus, you gotta stay in your Pokeball." I muttered as I returned him. Sable climbed up behind me, grinning as usual, while Kassie climbed into the back of one the jeeps. "Your with me Claydol." I yelled as Coco took off. Claydols eyes flashed, and it floated up towards me, serene and calm.

Thanks to Legendary Tamer for the Trainer card and Egg of Darkrai
Thanks to Rex09 for the sprite of Sable and Kassie.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:08 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Could I join? And could you catch me up?

Name: Raiden

Appearance: Image

Personality: Laid back, loves to have fun. Likes to go to the Battle Frontier often. Can get competitive.

History: Raised in Mauville, he looked up to his grandfather, Wattson. When he was ten, Wattson and Raiden's father taught him how to battle. He grew fond to electric types, then caught a electrike. Then he adventured the Hoenn, getting all the badges. He has made friends in every region, but chooses to stay with his home region. He now gets anywhere he wants riding on his Manectric.

Pokemon:

{manectric} (always following Raiden)
Name: Thor
thunderbolt/quick attack/thunder/thunder fang/discharge

{ampharos}
Name: Flash
flash/thunder punch/thunder/discharge/thunder wave

{jolteon}
Name: Jolt
quick attack/double team/thunder/discharge/thunder fang

{electabuzz}
Name: Lecta
thunder punch/discharge/thunder/swift/charge beam

{luxray}
Name: Thunder
shock wave/crunch/thunder/charge beam/discharge/thunder fang

{raichu}
Name: Storm
iron tail/quick attack/thunder/discharge/slam

^Link to mah shop. Click it.^

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Legendary- I'm sorry but I have to say no. The profile still isn't any better and I'm moving on with the story.))

Red jumped into the driver seat of the Jeep that had the Kabutops in the back. He looked up at Axel, "That would be great if you could." He then turned his head up to Jack, "I need you to help Axel scout the surroundings. Both you and Axel need to keep in touch with us via communicators."

He looked at Massimo and Cassie, "Can either of you drive the other Jeep and the other ride passenger? We need someone to in case one of them breaks down and not everyone can be in the sky if we get attacked or find something."

((Yeah after this post I'm switching Red's character to first-person now that I'm not controlling so many people. Third takes a little more time to write.))

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"No problem Red" I said as I jumped into the drivers seat of the other jeep. "It has been a little while since I have been able to go off roading." I started to get a feel for the Jeep and it's interior, I needed to be quite comfortable, "if you guys run into any deep fog up there just let me know and I can send my Yanma up there to use it's Defog." I turned to look at Cassie "well then you ready?" Oh man I can't wait to see what this thing has got in it.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

" I'm ready! Let's get to Pastoria!" I exclaimed. I was ready for anthing that stood in my way. I jumped into into the Jeep and prepaired for the trip to Pastoria. I checked my sachel, told a few jokes, and sat in the bouncing vehicle. "So what's Pastoria like?" I asked. "You've never been?" Said Red, "It is located in a muddy area that... Well, it's hard to describe. I guess you'll have to see for yourself." This made me anxious. After about 6 years, I couldn't wait to explore more. I almost forgot what I was here for in the first place.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next