It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:13 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 World Deprived of Light~ 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I continued looking forward into the darkness and overgrowth of the lifeless forest as she spoke to me. I felt silly when she said it was to protect me. I felt really stupid, knowing that I shouldn't have got caught in that kind of situation to begin with. I was better than that.

I turned to her with a grin, "Okay, it's a deal," I chuckled, "Sorry to have bothered you... I just," I looked down in a frown, "When I was young, fighting that meaningless war... A lot of people died and got hurt around me, and I didn't say or do anything about it. I'm just over that. It wasn't until I knew the truth for myself that I changed my ways. Now, I just can't stand by and watch people suffering, because, I've done it all before. And I'm better than that."

I looked to her again with a smile, "Anyway, if you really have to use it again, Sparky and I will help you out. Isn't that right, Sparky?"

The Pikachu had been walking and listening behind the whole time. Sparky ran and jumped up onto Spence's shoulder, waving to Keyleria, "You bet! We're your friends, and that's what friends are for."

I chuckled, "Yep. That's right, Keyleria, you're stuck with us," I said cheerfully, scratching Sparky behind the ear.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet walked down the path with Trevor and Umbra. He did not like this idea and did not want to be in group either. It wasn't that he did not like Trevor or Umbra,he just had bad expiriences with being in a team. Every team he has been in with his current one an exception, he was the lone survivor. It was that fact that he started only doing solo missions. The last team mission he had involved him being teamed with some punk mercenary and a beautiful girl his age.

The punks death did not phase Jet at all, it was that girls death. If she wasn't in the front...

Jet went back to reality. "Trevor, if you don't mind, I want to lead."

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:22 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So this is what it is like to have friends, it feels real nice. "I don't think that I am stuck with you, more or less bonded." I smiled and laughed. "Well Sparky and Spence trek onwards we shall into the wild blue, well technically green, but still on into the wild blue yonder." I said with a smile, and began to walk forward with new confidence in mind.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was slightly caught off guard by Jet's request. "Umm sure....I guess." I slowed down so he could walk in front. "Is it cool if I ask why you want to lead? Not anything against you but I think I'm more suited to lead than you. I'm a bit more sturdier." I lifted my arms to show the Aqua Crystal. "This stuff is stronger than any shield in existence."

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Flash back)

Jet and the Punk followed the girl as they reached the room where the general they had to kill was in. Just as the girl twisted the knob, Jet hear something triggered. He relized the door was rigged. "Get out of the way!" Suddenly, three spikes shot out of the wall behind the girl. She fell dead with her eyes staring at Jet, empty of life.
(Flash back end.)

Jet shrugged at Trevor and said in a soft tone. "I'm used to leading, that's all. I don't want to sound like I'm taking charge, I just feel comfortable being in the front."

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:01 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As we walked further into the woods, I felt a chill coming on. I felt like something was watching me. I wondered what ever happened to this place that made it so creepy. I looked up to only see dark thorn-like branches twisting around and choking each other, blocking the blue and light of the sky. I sighed, looking back to my path of composted brown and orange leafs which crunched each time I took a step, hiding any signs of life on the earth.

I stopped, turning to the others, “Well, that’s far enough,” I said, “Let’s turn back and meet with the others.”

Suddenly, in the distance behind us, something strange caught my eye. Something coiled up slowly worked its way to us twining what looked like web. It reached and outstretched its eight legs to the ground, a shiver down my spine, as dozens of more large creepy-crawlies followed slowly from the darkness of the trees. We were suddenly surrounded by an army of large black and red spiders, half my size, maybe even bigger, each more terrifyingly frightening than the last. They all had skull-like abdomens, four red eyes that pierced through the darkness and fangs that were horribly huge in size. They all looked like they were hungry, and we were their next course meal.

I stepped back in fear as the ones in front of me showed their venomous fangs and outstretched their front legs in a threating stance, ready to jump and strike me down.

“Pikachuuuu!!” Sparky used Thunderbolt on a line of them, but it didn’t seem to be of any effect at all, two or three paralysed at the max, but the shock mainly made them more aggressive than anything else. “Eck! No way!” she cried. Only one of these things was enough to eat Sparky whole.

I took a few more steps back, eyes widened, face pale white. These things, I hadn’t seen anything so... There were just too many of them. I found myself frozen at the spot.

---

Back on Jet’s path, the skulltulas had another method. Without warning, they jumped and flung down from the treetops without hesitation, landing and surrounding them as well. A skulltula had landed straight on top of Jet, holding him down and ready to bite.

((http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess/Skulltula.jpg Like that but more to my description. Skulltula’s are extremely weak to fire, freeze easily (but not defeated by being frozen), the protective skull on their backs can’t be penetrated by blades, claws or gunfire unless one of those said elements are used. This is just to test teamwork and build some relationships with characters. Weather conditions or weather-based attacks can’t be used here because of the area.))

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeesh what are those things, I never seen a spider like that on the Demon Plane. I turned to Spence and saw him terrified. Is he afraid of spiders? Still I gotta do something or we are all dead. I unsheathed my katana, still not quite ready to launch a fire attack and went after the one that was in front of Spence. In one fluid motion I attempted to stab and cut its skull abdomen, but it was to no avail. "What in the three worlds!" Worried that my blade did nothing I called out to Spence and Sparky. "blades do nothing to these things."

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My thoughts as if frozen in time and space, Keyleria's echoing words suddenly registered and reality hit me. I woke up and shook off what fear that had stopped me before. No way was I going to choke and screw up again. No matter what this world threw at me, I had too many people depending on me. Not ever again.

I took a breath, clearing all negative thoughts, taking out my blade as one spider leapt right for me. I span around, and in one powerful swing reflected it back with a loud clink to where it came from. I managed to hit it into another, but hardly made any kind of dent to it at all. Their bodies were as hard as rocks, what made these spider's shells so tough?

"Yeah, you're right Keyleria... These are no ordinary bugs. Their bodies are like steel..." I glared, back to back with her and Sparky.

Sparky jumped as she realised what Spence just said, "That's right! They're bugs! Bugs are weak to fire attacks, just like pokemon battles! Keyleria, use your magic!"

Another leapt for the bite, taking hold of my blade. I threw it off in another swipe and turned my head to Keyleria, "Well, it's worth a shot! Let's do it!" I backed up to her, sword outward, "I've got your back, we're counting on you!"

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Umbra was hanging over Cryso's shoulder, when his stomach growled unbelievably loudly. "Ungh.... Cryso, you have food?" Umbra was just about to doze off, when he heard a faint ping-pang noise from far away, like claws on claws. Just then he heard a loud screeching and a thud in front of him. He cracked an eye to see a giant spider on top of Jet, about to bite.

Umbra gasped, one of his new clanmates was about to die. He leaped off Cryso's shoulder, onto the back of the spider and began reaming at the abdomen with his claws. As he realized he wasn't even scratching it, he turned around and slashed at the head over and over. As he cut it up more and more, Umbra pulled back his fist, thought of his home and the snow, and yelled, "Ice Punch!" His voice seemed to echo strangely, but that didn't stop him from punching his icy fist directly at the monster's head. It seemed to freeze up, when he was tackled from the side by something.

He batted at the huge weight that was on top of him, and he realized it was another spider. He managed to glance around and saw they were surrounded by the huge spiders. The spider stuck one of its pointy legs right into Umbra's arm, pinning him to the ground. Umbra screamed in pain, looking for Cryso or Jet.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

One of the spiders fell on Jet but before it could bite, Umbra savedhim with a punch that froze the spider. Jet then shot it and it exploded with guts and ice. Jet noticed the spider only got killed after being frozen as Umbra slashes did nothing on them. He then noticed one of the spiders pinned Umbra to the ground, but Jet kicked it off of the pokemon. "I got your back if got mine, you freeze, I shoot."

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Jet!", I yelled as the skull spider fell onto him. I saw as Umbra slashed out at it, which was having little effect, only to use a frosted punch that slightly froze it. Well that seemed to work enough. A second spider attacked Umbra, pinning him to the ground through his arm. I started to run towards him but stopped as I heard ice explode and saw Jet kick the spider off Umbra. I heard another spider screech out as it jumped from one of the lower branches above me.

"Crap!" I lifted my arms up as a shield just in time for it to glance of the Crystal. I flicked my arm down and a water whip formed. I lashed out at the skull spider only to have it break on its back. "I hope this works." I clenched my fists and the water that was left on the spider froze. I ran at it, unsheathing Blood Strikers. I swiped the blades across it and the skull spider fell apart in chunks. Both my arms and my hair were glowing from the power surging threw me.

I backed up to Jet and Umbra. "Well at least we have a chance." I nodded at both of them with a smile, "And I intend to take every advantage!" I launched myself at the next skull spider.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Ok Spence Sparky, I will do what I can." Time for me to try this out. Switching my sword to my left hand, lightly grasping it to avoid pain I channeled the the same energy that was used to form the Dragon of the Darkness Flame into my katana. In a second the entire blade was encased in black flames. "Sword of the Darkness Flame!" I started to sweat a bit Took more energy to form this than I thought. I started to swiftly kill a small gathering of them that positioned themselves around me. "I don't know how long I can keep this going you two."

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Umbra clenched his arm in pain as Jet kicked the spider off of him. He nodded to Jet in thanks, and listened to his plan. Umbra jumped onto his shoulders, and breathed in deeply, puffing his chest up larger than he thought possible. He blew outwards with as much force as he could, while somehow the words echoed out of him, "Icy Wind!" He swept forwards and backwards, freezing as many of the spiders as he could.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:22 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I watched Keyleria's power from behind, binding her magic into her katana. This gave me my next course of action. Fire seemed to be super-effective against these skull spiders, Sparky was right.

It was now or never to use this sword's true potential. The mysterious orb which was fixed into it allowed me to reflect, draw and concentrate some magic from enemy or support. Drawing magic into the blade would turn my attacks into the same magic, sort of how Keyleria was displaying. It was the ultimate weapon against Magis. But it doesn't hold the most powerful magic, nor would it be able to hold Keyleria's DoDF magic, "Keyleria, over here! Conserve your Mana! Use another fire spell on my sword!"

"Sparky!" I turned in a rush, "Earlier you used your thunder attack and you managed to stun a couple! Concentrate on THAT!"

"Uh, right!" Sparky jumped again into action, using Thunder Wave after Thunder Wave. Each zap was successful, but the Skulltulas just kept coming and coming.

Locking with another huge spider creature, I knocked it back in just enough time to swing my sword into the air, "Keyleria! Please, lend me your strength!" I growled as I pointed the blade straight up to the sky.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet took advantage of the now frozen spiders, and shot each one, killing them. "Good job Umbra, keep freezing them and I'll keep shooting. Trevor, freeze then slash, which I see you already figured that out." A skullatah lept at Jet, but was met by his boot. "I think we could actually hold them off."

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Immediately reacting to Spence's words, I released the Sword of the Darkness Flame. "Ok Spence you got it!" I would give Spence my arm if he needed it I leaped up into the air, doing a flip over towards Spence and as I was over the blade I released a fire magic "Stream of the Mortal Flame." I released a small but concentrated stream of fire onto Spence's blade. I landed behind him, slightly out of breath "there you go Spence, show these things what you can do." Now then Spence what are you planning on doing, are you planning on copying my technique.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:45 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As I held the sword, the orb turned hellish red as the metal burst to red hot flames around it. I panted as I struggled to control and contain it, roaring a mighty cry as the flames reached skyward.

Complete, I launched the sword forward, it brimming with the flames of my new friend's magic.

"Thanks a lot, Keyleria," I chuckled confidently, looking with pride at my sword's new hot scheme, "Try not to fall behind, okay?" I grinned playfully before the first warm up. As I slashed out, it was as if the sword was roaring with this intense rage, cutting a whole skull spider painfully into two fiery halves. What was left fell burning to the ground, vanishing to smoke, leaving no trace of it behind.

The spiders scurried back out of hesitation, but scurried back into the fray just as quick. There was no end to them.

"Looks like they're not giving up, damn," I smirked, feeling myself sweat all over, either from the flames or the energy I was using, "Well, we can't give up either. Let's do it!" I rushed up to the line after line of red eyes, vanquishing them to flames left to right.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Umbra nodded as he had frozen a whole wave of them. Trevor and Jet were back to back, with Umbra standing on one of each of their shoulders. Umbra got distracted for a moment by a small pillar of fire that shot into the sky for a moment, and got tackled by a spider. Umbra deflected each of its blows one by one, but he was light headed from all of his Icy Wind attacks. No... I'm going to pass out... Umbra's parry's became weaker and weaker, until he went limp and passed out under the spider.

(Dream)

Umbra was deep in a blizzard, tracking the rather large pack of Swinub. They would rest soon for the night, which is when he would be at his strongest. He was about to cross into the large clearing that they were sleeping in, when he stumbled across a large number of Sneasel tracks. The direction they were headed was towards his camp.

(/Dream)

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"You don't have to tell me twice about that." It took me all but two seconds to get my Sword of the Darkness Flame going, and follow suit by Spence. "I bet I can kill more of these things than you can Spence!" I said challenging him to a friendly game as I killed two of these spiders.

After a minute of fighting them, I stopped using the Sword of the Darkness Flame as it was taking too much of my energy. But sadly there seemed hardly an end to the things. "Well Spence, and Sparky looks like there is alot more of these things than originally thought." Still I cannot lag behind Spence "Fireball Fury!" I unleashed a flurry of fireballs against ten of them, some missing some hitting.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I felt Umbra's weight disappear from my shoulder. I turned and saw him passed out on the ground, a skullatah preparing to bite him. I jumped from where I was and placed my glowing hand on its back. Water poured over the entire spider, which quickly froze solid. I took my blades and obliterated it.

"Gotcha little buddy." I picked him up and ran back over to Jet. I placed him between where we standed. "Looks like he passed out from all the fighting. I'll have to cover for him." I lifted my arms and water jets shot out and covered the spiders. They all began to freeze over, "Go for it Jet."

I began slashing at the spiders in front of me.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet looked at the passed-out Umbra with a sad smile. "You did good little buddy, now it's our turn." Jet brung out his own sword and destroyed every frozen spider in front of him. Unfrozen spiders lept at him,but his recation time was quick enough to repel them with his sword. He had no way of freezing the spiders on his own and knew Trevor had to worry about his side right now. All Jet could do was prevent the spider things form getting him and Umbra.

One Skullatah got close to Umbra, but Jet knocked it away with his sword. More spiders swarmed aroundhim and Jet then put his sword back inn it's sheath. He was now unarmed and at his best. One skullatah lept at him and as it almost reached his face. Jet grabbed it's legs and flung it into a group of other skuallatahs. More lept at him, but Jet kept kick them away or fling them against trees. "I could go all day! Come get some you ugly freaks!" Jet however lied a little bit. He could not do this all day without Trevor and he was hoping Trevor would not pass out like Umbra.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"PI-KA-CHUUUU!! PI-KA-CHUUUU!! PI-KA-CHUUUU!!" Sparky used up all the Thunder Waves she had, becoming lightheaded. She wobbled a bit, becoming dizzy, "Sorry, Spence, Keyleria... That's all I have... All my PP, is gone... Pi... Ka... Chuuuu---" she suddenly fell where she stood, the last bit of electricity sparking around her.

"Sparky!!" I screamed, she was an easy target for these things now.

I slashed opened the nearest Stulltula, growling as I held my sword to my back, concentrating all my might into it, crouching just a bit as the spiders moved in and surrounded me. I suddenly roared with the blade, swinging it around me into a fiery twister of Firaga, banishing and eliminating all those surrounding me into smoke. The attack over, I had completely drained the magic from it. My blade returned to normal, the orb to its swirly grey. I rushed over to Sparky, "Sparky, Sparky! Hold on!!"

I kicked back a Stulltula with my boot and picked up the Pikachu under my arm, feeling a slight jolt of electricity. I looked up with an exhausted growl under my breath, "There really isn't, there's just no end to them..." I glared.

I stood up, kicking another spider back. Another hissed as it leapt for me, I swang my sword one handed and managed to just knock it away. Suddenly, I was overwhelmed and I found myself with one on my back, its legs piecing into my skin. Feeling a slight pain around my shoulder, I elbowed it off, turning and hitting it into the darkness way back with a mighty swing.

"Keyleria!" I darted to her. I knew my battle was up. Suddenly, the ground caved in around me, and suddenly I felt myself fall into the pit of blackness, "Noooo!!" I fell hopelessly, reaching up to the last glimmer of light from the surface.

Feeling my body being knocked around by the tunnel and sliding left to right in complete darkness, all I wanted to do and all I could think about was protecting Sparky. I held her as tight as I could, under the pain my back was suffering. It felt like I was on fire.

I fell from the last of the pit, falling safely into a large pile of leafs. I didn't notice the life in the green leafs, nor the small lamps leading the way into this secret tunnel. I rummaged out of the leaves before I placed the Pikachu comfortably onto them. I stood up with a groan, using my sword as a crutch, walking a small distance to the side wall. I turned my back to it and leaned with a growl. I waited for Keyleria to come.

Hesitant at first, I slowly reached my hand over my shoulder, just on my upper back, reaching just where the source of the pain came from. I grimly realised soon why I was under so much pain, a sweat drop falling from my chin. I chuckled in pain sadly, feeling the monstrous agony quickly consuming my entire body.

There was no way I was going to give up. Not yet.

((Everyone falls into a pit into that tunnel. The tunnels forked off, so we'll eventually meet up. The spiders won't follow you.))

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Spence no!" I cried as I leaned over the pit he just fell through along with Sparky. The skulltullas were closing in around me fast and I didn't have much choice I had to jump in. "Well I guess if it must be done." I said somewhat worried, and then I jumped into the pit being surrounded by darkness.

I landed on the ground below using my knees to absorb the shock from the fall. As I followed a little trail that led from where I landed I quickly noticed that Spence was breathing heavily "Sparky get back, I can heal him." I held a blue healing flame in my hand ready to heal him.

Last edited by shinashu taji on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"These things just won't die.", I said as I hacked through several more spiders. I took a step over towards where Umbra to check on him, then the ground cracked under me. "What the..?!"

The ground caved in and I fell down into the darkness. "Watch out for Umbra for me!", I yelled up to Jet as I fell. I hit a slide pretty hard and started to slide extremely fast down. I quickly landed on a pile of leaves in a dimly lit tunnel. "Where the hell am I?" I got up and looked around, "Maybe Jet and Umbra will come after me....at least I hope they do."

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet saw Trevor fall as the ground collapsed under him. Jet was now alone with an unconcious Umbra and surrounded by spiders everywhere. "Damn,
well whatever is in that hole can't be worse than this." Jet picked Umbra and then jumped down the hole. He landed with a thud and saw Trevor as they were in some tunnel. "Where in the hell are we?"

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next