It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 World Deprived of Light~ 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I looked up to Keyleria with a pale smile, "Don't bother, Keyleria..." I turned to show her my back, falling my blood-soaked coat to the ground leaving only my black tank top. As well as the claw marks the spider used to grab on to me, there was a distinctive large bite mark on my upper back. It felt like I was in hell. I turned back to lean on the wall again, putting my sword to my back. It was useless to try using it. I didn't have the strength left to carry it let alone wield it. I had no idea how much venom was injected into me.

I turned my aching head to the cavern's tunnel, my vision becoming blurry. It looked like it leaded somewhere. Somewhere special, maybe toward the Light Shard, I thought.

"Keyleria," I looked back up to her with a faded smile, "Don't worry about me. I'll be alright. Just, you'll have to help us down there. Do you think you can do that?" I chuckled in pain again. After it subsided for awhile, I made her an offer, "If you can, I'll tell you a secret. I promise," I grinned. Sparky was still unconscious, but it looked like she just fainted.

I think the only thing that was holding me together was my will. I didn't know how much longer I could last, but we needed to get to the end of this tunnel. That was my feeling. I wasn't going to die, not today.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Ok Spence I can do that, and you better tell me that secret" I said chuckling slightly He reminds me so much of Master Shin so strong and courageous. I retracted my healing flame. "Well then Spence lets get going."

I took the lead heading off towards the direction that the Spider went of too. I hope we don't encounter anymore of those spider things while we head off into that direction.

I got this feeling that Spence was afraid of something, maybe it was the spider things so I decided to ask. "Spence, if I may ask a question are you afraid of spiders, or any other form of bug?"

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:25 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I took a few steps off the wall, feeling a bit shaky.

"Ahaha, afraid of bugs?" I laughed, "Nah, nothing like that. The reason I hesitated up there... It's because... Well... I haven't fought in over ten years. Over those years I've lived pretty peacefully... I guess what I'm afraid of, is---"

My legs suddenly gave way, becoming too weak to support me. I fell to the ground, flat on my face, "Oof, ahaha---" I chuckled lightly, trying to keep my mind off the pain, using my arm to forcefully push myself from the ground, "Sorry, Keyleria... But if you don't mind, could I use you as a crutch? It's just until we reach the end of the tunnel..." I breathed deeply and heavily, "You might have to... Pick up Sparky, too..." I chuckled.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Spence I don't mind at all if you use me as a crutch." I walked over to Spence with a smile on my face. "Well even if you haven't fought in ten years, you did great up there and against that ghost thing from the other day."

As I reached Spence and Sparky, I picked up Sparky in my right arm and cradled it as if she were a baby and leaned down offering my left side to Spence. "Ok go ahead, lets make this journey to the end of this tunnel using each other's strength." Using each other's strength, teamwork. I guess this is what true friendship is maybe even something else.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Thanks, Keyleria..." I reached up and Keyleria helped me to my feet, my arm over her back, I placed some of my weight onto hers. I looked out to the distance of the tunnel which veered off.

"Using each other's strength... Yeah, let's go, Keyleria."

I looked down with a bit of a frown, "As I was saying, what I'm afraid of... If we die in this world, we won't simply wake up on our own world again... Age said he would die, and return to the void... If we die, it's over. There's nothing left," I cringed in thought, "...I have a daughter back home... If I die, then she won't have not only a mother, but a father either. I guess over the years, I've devoted so much of myself to that girl, that my battle-instincts of that of a soldier died long ago. It's not that I'm afraid of death or anything, it's just what I'm leaving behind."

"There's her. Then there's you guys. Because I'm not a soldier anymore, I just feel like I'm letting you guys down. You fought so hard and bravely, while I got caught off-guard and almost devoured."

I sighed with a smile, "I honestly have no idea why I'm here. I fought my battle long ago. In this world I'll just drag you guys down."

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As I listened to Spence I was shocked to hear that he had a daughter. Wow I never knew. "As you already know Spence, I had to live most of my life without parents and I won't lie its very hard." I said something to Spence I never thought I would say. "If you die here, and I live I will go to your world and take care of your daughter and forgo my life in my world, its virtually not valued at all there."

I was cradling Sparky, and walking carefully as to not trip into any holes that might be hidden. "I am scared too of dying in this world, but I just feel like this is something I must do, saving this world and preventing Age from dying I mean."

Trying to cheer Spence up now, "hey my master once told me 'a warrior never loses the instincts they have, they just misplace them'". Watching the twists and turns I mentioned one last thing to Spence "besides you did great back there, and if you fight with all your heart you won't drag us down and besides everything will work out." I said with a smile.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"A warrior never loses the instincts they have, they just misplace them..."

I took these words to heart. I would live by them, and continue to fight with all my heart, for them, for my family, and for myself, just as she said. I smiled.

"I will," I said calmly, "What you said really meant a lot. Your Master is a very wise man. Thanks for cheering me up."

I looked on as Keyleria curved through the passage. I groaned as my whole body began to burn in pain again. We eventually reached another hole in the tunnel. It didn't look like it led to anywhere, so we continued going down the main direction with the brighter lamps. Suddenly, we heard something behind us. Voices from the hole we walked by. Was it Jet and the others?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:03 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Umbra slowly, painfully came back to consciousness. He had only fainted once before, and it was not a pleasant experience. The scent in his nose told him Jet was carrying him, not Cryso. He cracked his eyes open to see they were in a cave. Umbra looked up at Jet and murmured, "How long?" He felt bruised on every part of his body, every movement hurt. His arm burned, he looked down at it to see a huge puncture wound in his left arm where the spider had stabbed him.

As they began moving through the tunnels, Umbra's better hearing picked up on voices, his head feather twitching. He slipped out of Jet's arms and slinked ahead, scouting out who it could be. He saw their small tunnel converged with a larger, main tunnel, and there was bigswordman, Keyleria, and Sparky. The bigswordman looked hurt, while Keyleria was holding Pikachu and bigswordman up all by herself. Umbra called back to Cryso and Jet, yelling, "It's alright! Bigswordman and Keyleria!"

Umbra ran up to Keyleria and held his arms up, "Give Sparky. I hold her."

Last edited by Adversity on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Thanks Spence, he is probably the wisest being I have ever met in my life." Smiling at him now "besides cheering up gloomy friends is a part of friendship, or so I have heard."

Noticing the the voices from behind I saw Umbra, wanting to hold Sparky "hey Umbra, I don't know if you can hold Sparky, maybe you should ask Spence." Turning to Spence "well should I let Umbra hold her?"

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I looked over at where Jet landed, "I was just asking the same thing." I heard Umbra mumble something then jumped down from Jet and wander into the tunnel. "Wonder where he's going." I followed where Umbra left the small tunnel.

As I came around the corner I saw the others. "Guys!" I ran over to Spence and Keyleria. I looked at Spence, "I'm guessing you ran into the same thing we did. Here." I reached into my pack and pulled the piece of bread that Keyleria gave me when we got here. "I was saving this in case we needed it in emergencies."

I ripped some of it off and handed a piece to Spence and Umbra. "It probably won't completely heal you but it should restore enough energy." I put the rest back into my pack.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Jet, Trevor, Umbra. Good to see you're all okay," I chuckled sadly in my state.

I looked down to Umbra in a cold sweat, speaking to Keyleria, "Of course. Umbra wants to protect Sparky, too. Don't you, Umbra?" I grinned cheekily at him, "But you know, my name's not 'Big Sword Guy'. My name's Spence."

I was given the pinch of bread from Trevor. I ate it with as much satisfaction as I could, "Thanks Trevor. It was probably a good thing we split up... We would've had to deal with even more of those things altogether. We might not have even got away like we did."

I patted Keyleria on the shoulder to show I was fine, standing on my own two feet. The bread healed my wounds a little and recovered my stamina, but the poison was still taking hold of my body. I didn't tell anyone, but I was dying in there. My only shot was finding the Light Shard. That's what I thought.

I turned away from the group, walking limped down the main corridor, focusing on our main goal, "...They may be pieces of light from the world's heart, but what spawns from the power of the shattered pieces are dark, that's what the Hollow said... Do you guys think those spiders were because a Light Shard was in this area?"

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"All right, I handed Sparky over to Umbra." Relieved of Spence's weight, I was able to move more freely. "You know, those things probably would have ended it for us if we were all together." I decided to sit down for a bit, carrying Spence after fighting wore me a bit.

"Spence I think you are right, those spiders could be here because of a Light Shard in the vicinity." I stretched out a bit on the ground. "So Jet, Trevor, Umbra what do you guys think of that little theory?" I imposed innocently.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I pondered on the thought for a bit. "Ya know, I don't think they came from the Shard rather then the Shard being here is the result of the way they look and act. Think about it...This entire forest is pertrified because of the Light Shard. It's only logical to think that the spiders were mutated or enhanced by the Shard's power. But to answer your question, Spence, I do believe that the Shard has to be nearby. The closer we get, though, the more dangerous and aggressive the creatures."

I looked at everyone else, "But that's just my idea. You guys could have a completely different outlook."

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet was glad everyone was back together in their group. He was also glad Umbra was back to health. There was one problem and that was Spence. He could see in his eyes that something was wrong, he just did not know what it was. Jet then turned his attention to the theory of the light shard. "I agree with Trevor, I think the ight shard has to do with transforming the creatures of the forest and the forest itself."

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Umbra gasped as Keyleria dropped Sparky into his arms. Sparky must have been eating too much cheese lately. He set Sparky down on the ground and sat next to him. Umbra looked up at Spence and said, "Yeah... but you have the big sword? So... you are bigswordguy, yes? But Spence is shorter. I call you Spence."

Umbra ate the bread that was given to him and his bruises felt better. It no longer hurt to move, and his arm stopped bleeding so much. He looked up to the group and said, "Ether. Sparky needs Ether, no PP left. Sparky is fainted." Umbra listened to the conversation, and asked, "I am small, I go look for light shard? I go find it, and bring back here. I am small and fast, and it is dark in here. I like dark." Umbra smiled a devilish grin.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:15 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I fell to grasp the wall in the dark, clutching my chest with a silent groan. I didn't want to alert the others.

"No, Umbra... This time we're going together," I had my back turned to them.

"I think Trevor is right, too... Remember the spirits that created the Hollow? And remember how he said that the Miasma or whatever you call it transforms people into monsters? Maybe, those spiders were actually---" my body screamed in pain, but I remained silent as ever, "...Nevertheless... Whenever you guys are ready, let's get moving. The answers are down this tunnel. I can feel it..." I glared down the passage.

I started to walk, taking the lead. I was going to survive no matter what.

((Any takers to make another profile? I just want to add a little more diversity, if you know what I mean. Something like a Lucario or a Naruto character would be just fine, or anything else you can think of. Once you make a profile, post it, and I'll PM you of how they enter.))

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Yeah Crunchy I can take on an extra profile, I think I will make it from Shaman King I will get to doing that later))

Something is up with Spence, he stopped in mid sentence for a split second. Maybe I'm imagining things. "I concur with Spence, we need to go together with this one." I got up following behind Spence, I turned to the others "well guys are you coming or not?"

((again I will take the extra profile, gonna be from Shaman King gimme a few hours to come up with a decent profile.))

EDIT NEW PROFILE

Universe: Shaman King
Name: Nico Asakura ((if you don't want him to be related to the main character's family Crunchy it can be changed))
Weapon: Bowstaff
Other (optional): Ability to manipulate wind, comes from the Ultra Senji Ryakketsu.
Abilities: Just your standard type of Shaman from Shaman king, his spirit ally is that of a spider monkey from the Amazon. Uses his oversoul like Joco ((http://shamanking.wikia.com/wiki/Chocolove if you don't know how he does it)) he does it through a monkey's eye he had implanted in his right eye as his medium. By doing this he gains the strength and speed of a monkey and allows him to better use his monkey style kung fu. Also has the abilities of the Ultra Senji Ryakketsu though not to its full extent. His mana is about 125,000. Which comes from the Ultra Senji Ryakketsu. ((Ultra Senji Ryakketsu is a powerful book of spells written by Hao Asakura, gives good power if you didn't know))
Personality: Hotheaded always thinking he can beat any opponent with his Shamanic abilities when fights are near and towards most other selfish people, but otherwise very calm and giving. He always wants to be the hero so others don't steal his glory, or get hurt. He truly cares for the people that learn that he isn't always a jerk. Also wants people to learn that powerful shamans are needed throughout his world.
Description: Wears a cloak given to him by a Patch officiant during the Shaman fight ((follow the link for a picture http://shamanking.wikia.com/wiki/Silva_ ... Officiants the first picture of Silva you see that is the cloak.)) Underneath it he wears his battle clothes which consist of a red silk vest, and silver silk kung fu pants tied with a red silk sash. When in oversoul mode he gains some monkey like features, such as monkeish teeth and hair growth along his arms and chest. When not in over soul mode, he has longish brown hair with bangs coming down past his eyes and going to down to shoulder length and blue eyes, is 6'0" and is of average weight.
History: Was born to one of the most famous shaman families in the world the Asakura. He trained hard to understand the shamanic world and its powers for most of his life. He was always liked in school but never developed that many friends due to his hotheaded attitude. However he met his closest friend which happened to be his fiancee Itho, ((the Asakura family has a history of arranged marriages)). She saw through his hotheaded attitude and they quickly became friends.

As the years went by Nico and Itho trained as shamans, him as a standard one and her as an Itako ((shrine priestess)) he learned skills as a shaman, and learned form the Ultra Senji Ryakketsu. When he turned sixteen he decided to go travel the world alone to develop his own Shamanic abilities. He landed in the Amazon Rainforest he spent a great deal of time dealing with the native tribes that lived in the woods. One day a few months later bulldozers came to destroy the tribe he was staying with at the time, using his abilities he stopped them from destroying the tribe. As thanks for his bravery the tribal shaman granted him honorary status in the tribe and their guardian spider monkey spirit.

A month later he returned to Japan where he was warmly greeted by his family and Itho. He then began training to use his new spirit by using integration and oversoul techniques. When he turned seventeen he once again felt the need to travel and grow even more powerful as a shaman. So off he went, but this time he landed himself in China. As he traveled throughout China, he met a monkey style kung fu master trapped under a rock unable to get out. Promising Nico the ability to learn the martial art he saved the poor man. Thus he began his training. After five months of training an evil Dàoshì shaman ((one that uses sutra's to control corpses)) who used the body of an old monk. After a long fight Nico's master determined he longer needed training so Nico returned home and was given his bowstaff as a parting gift.

During his welcome home dinner a comet appeared in the sky signaling the Shaman Fight is close at hand. The winner of the Shaman Fight gets to become Shaman King and become one with the Great Spirit. During the months coming, he met his Patch officiant to test his abilities against to see if he is worthy of participating. His test was to land ten consecutive blows against him in ten minutes. Three minutes into the fight he managed to do so and was given clearance to the fight. Impressed by his aptitude the Patch gave Nico his cloak, and he proudly wears it.

Three months later on the way to America to the Patch village, many Shamans decided they didn't want another Asakura to win the fight so they decided to try and stop him everyone failed. When he arrived at the village he had a reputation of being a tough fighter, so many slunk away from him. It was there that he teamed up with two good friends, Eric and Sonya, that weren't afraid of him so they could participate in the next round of the fight. Which was only two months away. However he met an evil man named Titho who wants to become the Shaman King and use the Great Spirit's power to make himself the emperor of the world. He swore to kill Nico, as he is the only one who can stop him.

What are you most afraid of? Not becoming Shaman King
What do you dream about? Becoming the Shaman King.
Who are your enemies? Titho (arch villian), evil Dàoshì shaman.
Who is your best friend? Fiancee Itho
What do you want to be in the future? Becoming the Shaman King
What kind of nightmares do you dream? Losing Itho and Eric and Sonya
Who or what do you love the most? Fiancee Itho
What do you hope to gain from a new adventure? More Mana and spirit allies
And finally, what would you give to return to your home world? Anything.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((That's awesome Shinashu, thanks. I'll allow you to have the last name of the main character, though Nico won't know him personally. I hope those abilities don't shadow our characters. Adversity is on his way of creating another profile, too, of a Lucario. I'll PM both of you when he's done. Paco and Redt, you guys feel free to make one more if you wish, but if not now, can be introduced into the roleplay later. To make it easier to read each characters posts if you have two, my advice is to use different fonts for each character, but make sure the colour's clear and easy to read. I've been slacking off Sparky for while, perhaps because of first person to third person I used seperately for each, but I'll start to become more active with her just as I have with Spence to make an example.))

"Uhh... Gah..." I woke up beside Umbra, I got up on all fours to wearily look around. It didn't look like they we were in the forest anymore.

I looked around the group curiously. Everyone was back together again, but how exactly we escaped the bugs didn't become a major issue in my mind. I was only grateful to be alive rather than ask those silly unimportant questions.

I turned to Umbra, "So, where exactly are we you think?" I asked, sitting myself down next to him. This must have been the second time I fell in battle, I realised, feeling a bit miserable, "I feel stupid... I fainted back there when we were fighting... Usually, I don't exhaust myself of all my attacks to breaking point... This new world must just be taking a toll on me. How about you, Mr. Sneasel?"

I was glad I had at least one pokemon to talk to.

My ears perked up and I saw Keyleria but a distance away, probably following Spence who went on ahead, "Uh, yeah! Coming!" I ran over and jumped onto Keyleria's shoulder. I think she was my favourite out of the humans.

I decided to use the tunnel's wall for guidance so I didn't fall over again. I didn't want to show everyone that I was weak. I was once a soldier after all.

I suddenly came across a large stone wall blocking the path. It was surrounded by many brightly lit lamps along the wall toward it. I could tell something inside here must be kept sacred. The wall was white, decorated by what looked like a swirling picture of a tree and a woman with tiny wings in the mist of it all. A large round indent on the wall circled from the ground and above me. I had never seen a doorway exactly like this before. This round stone must be pushed and rolled aside, I thought.

I balanced myself away from the assistance of the tunnel wall to stand upon the door. I placed my hands on the right of it and tried to pull it towards me and roll it to the side, into the wall. But it was no good.

I sighed tiredly, taking a few steps back in sadness. The venom made me too tired and weak. I was completely useless, which was what I was afraid of from the very start.

"Someone..." I shrugged, glaring to the ground, "I... I'm too weak from the bite."

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Universe: Pokemon world, undiscovered region
Name: Bone (Lucario)
Weapon: He carries a slim wooden staff with him everywhere, two and a half yards long.
Other (optional): ---
Abilities: He can sense the emotions, pain, and to a certain extent, the next actions of those around him. These abilities become stronger the better he knows them, so for example he can sense that an enemy is angry, but he could tell for what reason and how angry a close friend was.

Personality: Always calm, he keeps control of his emotions. He tries to be jolly most of the time, but his heart is not with it. His whole life he has been waiting for something to happen, but he doesn't know what. In short, he's bored with his life, and is ready for an adventure.

Description: Basic Lucario, can speak English/Basic/Human

History: Bone lived in a small, mountain village. The people of the village built him a shrine, believing him to be a legendary spirit. Bone has meditated in the shrine since he was a baby, and the townsfolk would come to him for advice. He would interpret the stars, dreams, and signs for them. He was taught how to fight by a Blaziken who was in the town visiting with his trainer. He did not know how he came to be in the town, but the townspeople took care of him and left food at the entrance to the shrine every morning.

One time, a lone Mighteyena wandered into the town, frightening all the townspeople into their homes, while a small child managed to make it up the mountain to get Bone. He told the child to stay there, and jumped from his shrine. He landed right in the middle of the town, across the road from the Mighteyena. He adopted a fighting stance as it charged, jumped, and tacked him to the ground.

He managed to shove it off of him, and held his hands at his sides, he charged up a ball of energy, yelling, "Aura Sphere!" The ball of energy pushed the Pokemon to the edge of a cliff, where it hung on only by it's front paws. Bone reached down and pulled it up, sensing it's emotions. He realized it was going to charge again, but too late.

Bone was pinned to the ground, with the Mighteyena closing it's jaws around his throat. Bone looked around, struggling for something to get the Mighteyena off of him, and grabbed something long and slender. He jabbed it into the dogs' ribs, making it howl with pain. He kicked it off the cliff, onto a lower ledge before it could attack again.

As Bone walked back into town, feeling good about himself, he heard a horrible moan, and crying. He walked down the street toward the sound and saw a mother cradling her dead son, bite marks all over his body. She looked up at him, tears rolling down her cheeks, and Bone quietly gasped. He had told this woman a few days ago there would be a death in her future, and she didn't believe him. She started screaming at him, accusing him of this being his fault, until some of the humans brought her back into her house, consoling her.

Bone ran up the mountain, feeling horrible. This was all his fault, he should have been nearer so he could protect them! He grasped the staff in his paw, swearing to never let them down again.

Questions for your character:
What are you most afraid of? Bone encountered a terrible omen when interpreting the stars. He kept it from the townspeople, but he knew that the mountain they had built their village on was not a mountain, but a volcano. He couldn't bear to abandon the people who had cared for him his whole life, and is silently waiting, unwilling to force them to leave.

What do you dream about? Abstract shapes and wisps of color, random sounds and occasionally a sign for him to interpret.
Who are your enemies? He has a loathing for Mighteyena ever since the incident, he also dislikes Stantler which trample through the village and down the mountain frequently.
Who is your best friend? The Blaziken who taught him how to fight.
What do you want to be in the future? He wants to protect the townspeople, remaining their guardian.
What kind of nightmares do you dream? The volcano exploding, watching helplessly as lava overrun and consumed the town, people fleeing but unable to outspeed the lava.
Who or what do you love the most? He loves the town that he watches over, enough to die for it.
What do you hope to gain from a new adventure? He is desparate for adventure, he hopes to gain new friends, new skills, and most importantly, wisdom.
And finally, what would you give to return to your home world? The town will always be his home, and he will return, no matter the cost.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Umbra looked at Sparky. "Umbra does not know. Umbra's attacks do more in shadow or cold, but I have not seen cold or dark yet. I am not very good fighter, I am sneaky." Umbra grinned. He was glad there was at least one other Pokemon in their group, and decided to take a nap on Cryso's shoulders. He had been watching the bigswordman who called himself Spence and whispered into Cryso's ear. "Something wrong with Spence. He is hurt, poison saps his strength."

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet witnessed Spence's failed attempt at moving the door. Spence claimed it was the venom and that was most likely the the reason. "I got the door Spence, just rest a little bit. You don't need to wear yourself out after those bites." Jet moved to the door and placed his hands on it. He then then pulled the stone towards him. The stone was heavier than Jet thought andhe groaned from the weight of the door. Then with a with as must strength as he muster, Jet rolled the door into the wall. "Damn that was heavy door," Jet chuckled. "I probably pulled something. Trevor, your helping me the next time we see those doors."

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I turned my head toward Umbra and whispered to him. "I kinda figured there was something wrong with him. But we can't do anything for him now. Hopefully the Shard can heal him."

I looked over at Jet and laughed a little, "Well maybe you should've asked for some help instead of tackling the entire thing yourself. But at least you got it open. If there is another door I guess I'll have to move it on my own and show you up." I smiled over at him.

I turned to where I faced Spence. "Do you think you'll be able to make to the Shard? There has to be another way to get the poison out other than hoping that the Light Shard will cure you."

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I could heal him with my flame, but I will wait to offer it to him when I can truly tell that he is dead. "Anyway, it can't be helped we need to get to the Light Shard anyway." I looked at Spence and acknowledged to him that I would only help him if he asked it of me. Taking the lead into the threshold of the stone door "anyway lets go."

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:47 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((I didn't know Keyleria could cure poison.))

I grumbled when Jet managed to get the door open. How useless was I now. Trevor turned to check up on me. It was true, the Light Shard probably wouldn't heal me. I glanced at him, glaring back down.

I started to mumble, "No... It's not like we can go all the way back. There's nobody to help us. We're underground in the middle of nowhere. And I know, it most likely won't heal me, but looking for this damn shard is the only thing keeping me going right now..." I gave Trevor a quick smirk before looking forward and walking inside the white stone archway behind Keyleria.

In the small room, there was a single stone white platform in the middle of it, and a hole at the centre going straight down. Four lamp posts were fitted at each of the corners. I grabbed the edge of the platform and pulled myself up, walking over to kneel by the hole. I looked down into it, but I couldn’t see a thing.

“I guess this is the only option we have... We got here by a hole, so, should we jump even further?”

I jumped off Keyleria’s shoulder to sniff around. This place was unusual. Why make a tunnel if it’s only going to lead to a dead end? I hopped up upon the stone where Spence had been kneeling and stood to look up at him for a bit. I guess he wasn’t feeling too great. I wondered how he got bitten. His powers seemed to wipe the floor with the skull-spiders, and he was so confident, too.

Suddenly, something caught my nose’s attention, something in the air smelt familiar, just like Umbra and I... I gasped, darting to the hole, “The smell’s coming from down there! Let’s go!” I charged up and jumped down the hole without a second thought.

I reached out in shock as the Pikachu jumped right in without hesitation, “Sparky, no!” I growled, standing up, “No time to think now...” I looked down the possible endless hole to nowhere, “Hope Sparky knows what she’s doing...” I leapt up in a grunt, falling, falling, falling.

---

I fell, fell, fell... Suddenly, splash! I must have been in a body of water. I swam to the surface and gasped as I finally hit air, I looked around for something to grab hold of and saw an edge. Swimming briefly I climbed out in a scamper and shook myself of the water, puffing my fur back to its fluffy state.

Turning my attention, I looked around the magical and mysterious place in awe and wonder. In the room made of white stone, in front of me was a gigantic mystical fountain with brightly lit lamps all around it, and behind it what looked like part of a large tree that must have grown all the way out to the surface world. Those roots curved and vined along the side of the fountain, as if protecting it. It looked like it was pretty healthy compared to the surface trees, a nice shade of brown and green. I turned around to notice I actually fell into a deep spring. The water felt so good and full of life, it actually recovered my HP and PP to full, and I didn’t even realise it. I felt great, more than great! I looked back to the fountain, eyeing something beginning to sparkle in the centre of it. My eyes glimmered in amazement. I loved this magical place.

---

“Sparkyyyyy, I’m coming!!” I called as I fell further and further into darkness. Suddenly, I saw a glimmer of light under my feet.

“Waaaaahhhhh!!” I cried as I finally hit the bottom in a huge splash, I immediately sank to the bottom, I tried swimming upwards, but I just didn’t have the strength anymore and my body ceased up. I was going to drown, what a way to go, I thought as I blankly stared upwards. My body was falling into the deep blue as I began to count how long it would take until I completely lost all of my oxygen.

Suddenly, something happened in there. The pain I had to bare was suddenly fading rapidly. I touched the back of my back, the wounds, even the poison injected into my body, they were miraculously fading away. I gasped to accidently swallow and choke on a mouthful of water. I screamed underwater as I panicked and swam up as fast as I could to fresh air with new found strength.

I jumped up from the water, gasping in air until I could breathe normally again. Calming, I sighed with a smile, again touching where the wound originally was on my upper back. I wasn’t imagining things, it really had been healed. I swam around for a bit realising this was a spring. The large room around me was complete of white stone and live tree roots growing around us. I started to float on my back for a few seconds or so, taking in this peaceful atmosphere with a relaxed face. I made it, I was alive, I thought.

I swam over to the edge and climbed out, dripping of water. As I walked over, I discovered Sparky gazing over the fountain. I stopped to stand side by side with her, gazing with her at the sparkling the fountain was illuminating.

Before I could examine it closely, I heard a splash from behind me in the spring. I turned to see who it was.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

(I don't know if the 'turning around to see who it was' was supposed to be mine or taji's new character, but Umbra's jumping in.)

Umbra smelled the same thing Sparky did, getting ready to jump in after him.

Umbra looked over to Cryso and Jet mischeviously. "Race you down!" Umbra jumped right off Cryso's shoulders, directly into the middle of the hole. He could see very well in the dark, and he knew he was falling, falling, falling. He looked down and saw a glimmer of light, which momentarily blinded him. As he looked again and saw water, he started screaming as loud as he could. "Umbra can't swim! Umbra can't swim!!" Umbra mistimed his fall and took in a big gulp of water, choking. He flailed his arms and legs, unable to do anything. He couldn't stop kicking, it was an instinct.

Umbra couldn't stop flailing, he felt his arms and legs break the surface a few times, but then he fainted.

Last edited by Adversity on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:10 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((No, you were right in assuming it wasn't a new character. I should've made that clearer, sorry about that. I'll PM you, Shinashu and Redt the details for when they enter at a later time, promise. Also, read the first post quote of the Notebook and tell me what you guys think, of course your characters probably won't learn of the pages till a later time, so it does give away major spoilers. It's my creative way of linking all worlds together. I thought it was pretty clever. :P))

My ears perked up as screaming from the spring wailed and echoed through the room, "Umbra!" I turned red cheek and ran over to the spring passed Spence and jumped in after the Sneasel. The Sneasel was sinking to the bottom pretty fast, but paddling my feet as hard as I possibly could payed off and I managed to get up under him, taking him by the arm over my head and swimming back up to the surface.

As I reached the surface in a gasp of breath, Umbra was still unconscious. I swam toward the edge for help and pushed Umbra onto land. I sighed, climbing back up. My fur was all wet again.

"Whoa! Great effort, Sparky!" I ran over to help pull Umbra in, "Damn, looks like he's unconscious... Sparky, I hope you know CPR."

I flared up as my fur and tail shot up in a cringe, "No way! No way, no way!!" I waved about frantically at the thought. How gross, putting lips on a Sneasel!

I suddenly charged up, instead using a jolt of electricity to wake the Sneasel.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:02 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next