It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 World Deprived of Light~ 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"He's gonna get himself killed by willingly throwing himself into unknown situations." I looked over at Jet, "Well I'll see you at the bottom." I jumped down, feeling the wind fly past my face.....but there was something else, moisture maybe? My answer was quickly answered as the small hole let out into a cavern with a lake at the bottom. Well at least it's water.

I hit the surface and took joy in the feeling of the water. Feels different somehow. I made a small effort to swim, arms glowing, and jetted out of the water onto the small piece of land. I saw Umbra laying there and Sparky trying to revive him. "Dammit! I should of went down first!"

I ran over to Sparky, "Wait, let me get the water out of him first." I placed my glowing hands on Umbra's chest, slowly moving them up to his throat. I lifted my hands back and the water came flowing out, which I put back into the spring. I looked at Sparky, "Okay give it another try."

I turned toward where the opening of the hole was. "Let's make sure that this doesn't happen to Keyleria or Jet." I braced for whoever cam next, ready to move the current towards the shore so they can get out faster.

((The Notebook entry makes the plot sound even more mysterious and yet it explains everything. Kinda wonder who the new Dark Guardian is but I think I have a good idea....maybe.))

Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Haha, thanks redt! That's exactly what I wanted to achieve. :D))

I was a little startled at Sparky's sudden jolt of violence, thankful Trevor was here in time to save the day.

"So, you control all forms of water, huh..." I said in a small grin, quite impressed, but it again got me thinking when I eyed his crystalised hair, "...That's quite a gift, but what does it cost you in return? Before the Hollow attacked us, your hair... It wasn't like that before. What's happening to you, Trevor?" I asked, somehow knowing it was something bad.

I nodded my head as Trevor gave me the go ahead, "Thanks!" I chuckled darkly, using another weak Thunder Jolt attack.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet shrugged after Trevor jumped down the hole. "Well Jet, you got two things you can do. One is stay here and rot. The second is jump down that hole where there can be some monster that will rip you to shreds, Hell, choice two sounds more exciting." Jet then jumped down the hole and splashed into a pool of water that had some rejuvenating effect on him. He felt his mucles relax as some water current carried him to the shore, where the restof the group was located. "I don't know where we are, but I know this is no ordinary fountain."

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I looked down as I began explaining. "In my world when people are born they are taken to the Great Crystal, the source of my worlds power. The Great Crystal gives a newborn presented to it the power of one of the seven Elemental Crystals. The Great Crystal is the combination of the seven Crystals, which are: Solar, Aqua, Terra, Clear, Shadow, and Pristine. The newborns are given a certain amount of sliver's of Crystal. But I was never given a sliver.... I was born from the Great Crystal itself. I am Aqua Crystal, not human but rather a humaniod. There have been more than just me throughout time."

I can sense that there is someone else here but I don't bother looking up and just keep explaining. "The cost is nothing more than not being human in a world full of them. But I guess that can be either a small cost or a large one. I will keep Crystalizing until I'm a complete Aqua Crystal humanoid, also known as a Cryso. The more energy I use, the faster the process. Once I am complete I will be immoratilized at the age it is complete. I will also become very powerful, surpassing any master Aqua Crystal human. However, I can still die by either using too much energy and turning into vapor or by the hand of another Cryso, which both are possible."

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((She can, but it has to be done as soon as the poison sets in if it isn't then she can't remove it only staunch its flow))

"Giranimo!" I shouted as I jumped into the water with the others, feeling the pain and gaining some more use of my left arm when I hit the water. "That is an interesting story there about the crystals." I looked around our surroundings and saw nothing. "Oh well guys which way do you suppose we go?" This water has to have properties of the Light Crystal to heal my arm.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:31 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Umbra was dreaming. He had just eaten a delicious, ripe Nanab berry. As he felt nice and full, the fruit sliding down into his tummy, he felt it coming back up. He crouched over in his dream, thinking he was about to puke, but there wasn't any heaving. Suddenly, the Nanab just came right back out of his mouth, whole. As he sat there in confusion, wondering why he couldn't eat his delicious berry, he felt like he touched a charged wire. He looked around in confusion, then felt it again. He opened his eyes, and coughed up some water. There was Cryso, Spence, and Sparky, above him and looking down with concerned faces.

Umbra frowned, and his stomach growled loudly. "That was a good Nanab berry..."

He pushed himself up, saying, "Thanks for saving me. I did not know water was at bottom of hole. Umbra can't swim."

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Oh..." I murmured at the end of Trevor's explanation. I must have forgotten from the first time we met, but I could have sworn Trevor was actually a human-being. No, he was something better than that.

"I see... So you're not human... You were born from a crystal..." I crossed my arms in thought, "...Well, you certainly have a heart, I can tell that much. To tell you the truth, when I saw your body I thought you were cursed or something... But if it's your fate - then I guess that's that," I grinned, wondering what it was like, "A Cryso, huh? Sounds exciting - I want to see you become that for sure! Don't worry - we'll fight off the other Cryso for you. I think we all make a perfect team. Nothing's going to get in our way."

"Nanab berry? Wha?..." I tilted my head. This was the strangest Sneasel I had ever met.

Nevertheless, I was thankful Umbra was conscious again, but sighed after his statement of being unable to swim, "Well yeah, it's not like you're a water type or anything like Trevor here," I intelligently told him, "Anyway, don't mention it. I'm sure you'd do the same for me," I smiled.

It was true. I remembered back when we were fighting the Hollow. Umbra helped me recover when I was hurt.

I took in a breath of fresh air as I stood above the spring we fell into, stretching my arms.

“It’s amazing. I feel great. This spring healed my wounds and cured the poison all at once,” I looked and gazed around the room, “Looks like these roots here are still alive. I think it has something to do with this spring and fountain... How are you guys feeling?” I turned to the others before a voice echoed the room.

“Hello, Chosen Ones,” a woman’s voice, her words were ethereal.

I darted around.

"Over here, by the fountain..."

I turned to the fountain behind me to see the sparkling grow as it grew and grew in the boundary of the fountain until a magical-being suddenly appeared. The woman span around in laughter as her long purple hair flowed and followed around her like ghostly waves. She became still, lying afloat above us as her purple hair drifted up and around her body, a large woman with a yellow complexion of skin, her clothes revealing yet unexposed by the long strains of her hair. On a side note, she also had small, tiny delicate wings on her back which gave off a mystical vibe about her. She was very beautiful.

She smiled, “Chosen Ones picked from the Void, I am the Great Fairy. I am glad the Spring of Complete Hearts healed you. I foresee all life and nature of the planet, the Sacred Forest is my domain. Thank you for coming all the way here. Due to the Miasma the Light Shard gave off, all living things here were cursed under the influence and became soulless monsters. The Skulltulas you fought off were no exception. They were the animals I cared for after the many years, I’m sad to see them this way...”

I laughed nervously, scratching the back of my head, “No, that’s okay, ma’am! We really stumbled here by accident, heh!” I bowed embarrassingly, looking back up in a serious light, “So the Hollow was telling the truth, Miasma was what caused the people and creatures to turn into those strange things... Spirits and those Skulltulas...The trees must have been petrified by the same thing and cursed by it as well. If it’s the Light Shards that are doing this, then we have to hurry up and collect them. Ma’am, where is the Light Shard?”

“Ah yes, the Light Shard. I sealed it away in the tree’s hollow behind me, until the Chosen Ones would come to retrieve it. But I must warn you, what lies inside the darkness of that hollow is a monster created by the Miasma – that monster uses your shadows to overwhelm you... Please be careful. Here, take this. It is a special lantern that will help you find your way through the darkness...”

She cupped her long fingernail hands together as a lantern magically appeared before our eyes in a sparkle, a small golden lantern that floated toward us and into my grasp.

“When you are ready, I will open the hidden door,” she smiled as she rested her head in her palms.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Sorry for the double post my computer did something weird. Also I will probably make a second character, but his story is a little complex as is his abilities. So Ihave to simplify them a little bit.)

Jet was not all to impressed with the oversized fairy. He was also a little annoyed by Spences humbleness which was more embarassing than humble. "Whatever lady, just open the door and get this over with. This room is a little too goody-goody for me." Jet did not want to seem like a jerk, but he did not like this forest as they already encountered skeleton spiders and one member of their team almost drowned in that fountain.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Finally done.))
Universe: Full Metal Alchemist
Name: Michael Rex
Weapon: Bows, guns, swords, bombs, etc.
Other (optional): Steel armor, that has alchemy signs on it that allow them to be transmutated, on arms, legs, chest, and back.
Abilities: Alchemy. Able to transmute any material into a weapon without a circle.
Personality: A very curious person, Michael can get himself into a lot of trouble. He's very upfront about things but uses some tactics when speaking to new or people of high authority. Michael loves meeting new people because to him it's like making a new discovery. Also, he can be very persistent and will approach a problem from all aspects until it's solved.
Description: 6' 3" with a build to match. He looks intimidating but has a very soft and caring face. Has deep forest green eyes with pitch black hair, which has a natural spikiness to it. Has the standard alchemist gloves and coat. Wears a deep red T-shirt with black jeans.
History: Michael was just like every other kid. He had a normal life and a normal family until one day. He was playing near the river next his house when he felt something push him in. Michael was drowning and he knew he was going to die but he didn't. He landed in front of the Gate of Truth. Michael saw all the souls inside and before he could touch the Gate he was brought back to life by his mother. Years later, he began exerting unusual abilities that only an alchemist would know. The State found out about Michael and tried to mold him into a perfect State Alchemist by sending him on difficult missions relating to things he didn't know. He was trained to be able to transmute any material into a weapon, a rare ability for alchemists, and was taught to wield virtually any weapon. Michael was given the assignment to kill a rogue scientist, he didn't know why but he was never told anything about his missions. He was greated by Chimeras inside the front gates. Michael read about them but never thought he would ever see one, let alone two. He easily killed them and eventually killed the scientist. But as Michael was about to kill the scientist he said that Michael didn't understand how much his research would benefit the world and said that he would have his revenge. A year later Michael was walking down a street during the night when heard a familiar voice. Doctor Stevenson? He turned around to see a dark silhouette of a man. Before he could ask anything his vision blurred and he felt like he was spinning.
Questions for your character: (must include a list, a sentence or perhaps a paragraph, must be in-depth, the mere thoughts and dreams of your character(necessary story-wise to include into your history!!!))
What are you most afraid of?
Not knowing something that should be explainable.
What do you dream about?
Being the Head of the State Alchemists
What are your favourite things?
My armor
What are your weaknesses?
Being caught off guard, my own curiosity.
Who are your enemies?
Doctor Stevenson
Who is your best friend?
Angie, childhood friend. Was the one that saw Michael drowning.
What do you want to be in the future?
The greatest alchemist in history.
What kind of nightmares do you dream?
The Chimeras faces.
Who or what do you love the most? (again, desciption)
Angie
What do you hope to gain from a new adventure?
Experience and knowledge.
And finally, what would you give to return to your home world?
My ability to transmutate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((Creepy fairy face pops into my head every time I think about OoT. Eehh, their faces are so trollish.))

I picked up Umbra and placed him on my shoulder. "Now please don't get youself killed." I looked at everyone, "I think we are all ready for this challenge Great Fairy. The sooner we do this, the sooner the forest is returned to normal as well as the town."

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((If it's too complex, Paco, then I probably won't accept him, but run it by me anyway if you want. If you have a few favourite pokemon, give me a list of basic or 1 stage pokemon to me in PM and we'll choose a Pokemon for you to play. That's perfect, Redt.))

"Very well," the Great Fairy responded, "Whenever you are hurt on your journey, please feel free to come back here to heal your wounds and replenish your hearts."

As soon as she said this, she span around again in enchanting laughter and vanished in a glimmer, leaving nothing but orbs of coloured lights to wonder the fountain without her. When she was gone, the roots surrounding the fountain protracted back, revealing a mouth-like doorway behind the fountain. It then opened upwards in a small quake of the earth around us until it was finally wide open.

"Ah hahaha..." I chuckled awkwardly, "Well, she was a weird..." I climbed onto the fountain and started to walk toward the door with lantern in-hand. As I rippled the shallow water, I came in contact of one of the coloured lights, somehow bumping into it. I realised with shock that these lights had tiny little wings attached to them. Were these fairies?! The pink one I bumped into circled me again and again until it vanished in a flicker above me. I was absolutely amazed something like these even existed.

I turned to the others, "Geez, too bad I don't have a bottle. My daughter would be psyched if I brought one of these back home," I laughed, turning back and walking toward the dark opening.

Peering inside it, it was patch black. I couldn't see a thing without it. I held the lantern up, giving it to Keyleria, "Well, you can do the honours. You ARE the only one who can light this thing anyway," I grinned.

As soon as Spence said fairies, I cried in excitement, leaping onto the fountain to start chasing them playfully. One fairy even played along as I ran about the fountain. I ended up losing control and rolling forward, finally splashing and sliding forward onto my belly and into the light water. Feeling dazed, the fairy landed on my nose and I laughed. I liked this place a lot.

Suddenly, it got to me. I wished... I wished Leo was here with me. I frowned as I looked down at my reflection, picturing my short best friend by my side. A tear drop fell from my cheek, rippling my reflection in the water.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:25 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Umbra squirmed right back out of Cryso's hands, jumping around, trying to catch a fairy, but keeping sure to stick to the shallower water. As one landed on his nose just like one did with Sparky, Umbra's pupils got huge, just like a cat chasing something. As he stared at the fairy, it flew up high, too high for him to jump and catch it.

He looked over at Sparky, who was looking down into the water for some reason. He decided he hadn't played or had any fun since he left home, so he crept up on Sparky, and tackled him in a friendly way, wrestling with him. He tried to pick Sparky up and throw him further into the water, but only managed about a foot. Umbra then splashed some water on Sparky, laughing.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Getting behind Spence I looked at the fairies floating around in the fountain. "Well aren't these things cute." I looked around at the wonders of the fountain She said she could heal our battle wounds, I wonder about my arm? Still best not to worry. I walked over to the door, "anyway we going in to fight these things and get our first Light Shard?

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((From now on let's try making decent paragraphs, and the spring we fell into was what was supposed to have recovered us, just like in Zelda, and I wish you paid a bit more attention to my post a little better, Taji. :( Hope you guys are loving the Zelda references I made Spence reflect. The bottle remark and the fairy spinning around and vanishing, etc :P))

Instead of using Keyleria's fire to light the lamp, I took what was left over from the fire magic I borrowed from her and lit it with a wave of the hand. I turned to her with a grin, "Thanks again for that, Keyleria."

Umbra crash-tackling me, I didn't have time to be sad. I laughed as I splashed him back and pulled a face at him.

I looked back to the playing Pokemon in the fountain, chuckling, "Come on you little rascals, let's get going and save this forest." I liked how these Pokemon found a playful and light side to every situation.

I turned around to Spence and nodded, looking back at Umbra before heading into the dark cave with Spence and Keyleria.

Shining the lantern about, we ventured through the tree's dark hollow. When we finally reached the inner-most core, we found ourselves inside a large dark room. I tried shining the light to the floor and walls, but they were pitch back. In the very centre of the room was a lamp, a large pedestal just like the one in Hope. I proceeded to walk over. Standing up to the plate, I lit the lamp that brightened the whole room into a bright white. The floors and walls changed it's dull black to a magnificent pure white and the lamp's fire burned ever so brightly. It was as if we weren't in a room anymore, but somewhere high in the sky. When everyone and their shadows gathered around the lamp, the door out suddenly slammed shut.

I jumped in surprise, "What? What's going on?!"

Unknowingly, my shadow that the lamp had cast across the floor had risen upwards behind me, eyes a piercing yellow, pulling out his black long blade to my back.

((Dark Selves - They can't use magic or special abilities, but they can mimic your physical attacks (that goes with bullets, too, which should ricochet off each other) perfectly, making getting a good strike difficult. Everyone has a shadow to fight. But can it be possible to truly defeat your shadow? Mwahaha... Stolen off the Water Temple sub-boss in OoT.))

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Yeah you're welcome Crunchy. It was a pain but I managed to make it half-way decent. Oh and Trevor will get slightly injured but nothing that will impair his fighting, I just need something so that I can do something. : incoming special : ))

As we walked into the the dark room and Spence lit the lamp I jumped a little when the entire room exploded into light. "Spence behind you!", I yelled as I ran to strike the shadow. Out of nowhere another shadow bolcked my attack, knocking me on the floor. I looked up to my horror to see a dark version of myself standing with two sabers just like Blood Striker, only they were black.

I ran at him for a strike only to be blocked yet again. "Try and block this!" I blasted out a compressed jet of water toward the shadow. He dodged it and ran at me for a powerful strike. I raised my arms and ice rose around me as a shield, but no avail. The Dark Self crashed through the ice and landed a hard blow to my chest, sending me to the wall behind me. Ice shards littered the area around me as I doubled over in pain. My arms continued to glow from the new use of the ice shield. "That's different.", I have mumbled to myself.

I coughed a little and blood blotched onto the ground but this wasn't the normal red blood, it was different. The blood was mixed with a dark marine blue color. The colors didn't blend together, instead they were side-by-side. "Well that explains the new defense. I wonder how many new attacks I have." I stood up, wiping my blood off my face. "Come on." The shadow charged at me.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((sorry Crunch, again I sped read and missed that little bit I promise you it will happen less a lot less,and yes I am loving the OoT references as well. So for all intents and purposes my left arm is healed and I will try and edit my post later again sorry.))

I turned to my shadow self, it would have been a perfect copy of me if it weren't cloaked entirely in shadows. Well well well what do I have on my plate to deal with. "Hey you" directed towards my shadow "you are ugly." I got no response from it at all. "Very well then have it your way... HYAH!" I screamed the last part as I drew my katana, and at that same moment my shadow did as well. I slashed at it and it the same way causing a huge spark, and the recoil sent me staggering back two steps.

"You think you are pretty special huh?" I blitzed at my shadow, again it mimicking everything I did perfectly. My perfectly executed and aimed strikes were matched blow for blow, timing for timing by my shadow. I looked at its face, and saw what I thought was a smile. "Hey guys, I don't think we are fighting just any thing I think we are fighting ourselves!" I aimed a thrust at my shadow self, and it jumped on my blade and it thrust its shadow blade at me grazing my right shoulder.

((hows that for an OoT sub-boss reference at the end Crunchy?))

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:56 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Umbra jumped up, running after Sparky. As they walked through a dark tunnel, Umbra could make out runes and intricate carvings in the wall due to his good night vision. As they walked into a pitch-black room which even Umbra couldn't see in, Spence lit a torch at the center of the room. As it turned blindingly white, he saw Spence, Keyleria, Jet, and Cryso all engaged in battle against something that looked like themselves. He saw one creeping up on Sparky, and Umbra leaped for it. "No! Sparky, look out!" Just as he was about to tackle the shadow, he was hit from the side blindingly fast.

As he got up, he saw a shadow-copy of him staring at him. Umbra stared back, and puffed out his chest. The copy did the same, and Umbra glanced at the others fighting. It appeared that the shadows could do everything they could, but Umbra wanted to test that. He puffed his chest out even bigger, which the shadow copied. He puffed it out, feeling his lungs about to burst, standing on his tip-toes, which the copy somehow managed. Umbra held his breath, face turning red and grunting. The shadow seemed to be doing the same.

As both of them finally let out all their breath, gasping for air, Umbra slashed without warning. It was somehow blocked, as if the shadow knew his intentions. He threw claw after claw, slash after slash, while each one was being parried. He was slowly being worked back towards Trevor and his shadow-copy, and Umbra slipped on something.

He fell onto cold, hard, ice, with the shadow standing over him. Umbra grabbed one of the shards blitzingly fast and threw the shard at the copy, yelling "Ice Shard!", his voice echoing again strangely. The shard threw the copy of him against the far wall, and Umbra jumped into the air to finish it off, while the copy did the same.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Zelda refrences ftw!)

Jet gave his shadow self a smirk while the others fought their shadow selves. "Well, who is this handsome man. Oh wait, it's me with a darker complexion. Well Dark Jet, which is your name as of now, I have to give it to you, you copied the best. The problem is, I don't like people jackin' my style." Jet the drew out his hangun and fired at Dark Jet's chest. At the same time, Dark Jet fired his gun and the bullets collided, resulting with Jet having a shocked look at his face. Jet and Dark Jet started running sideways to the left, firing rounds at each other with bullets whizzing by each others head.

Jet and Dark Jet then put their hanguns right at each others' faces and pulled the trigger. Jet was however, was still standing as was Dark Jet. They both pulled the trigger again, but all that happened was the clicking sound of their guns. Jet and Dark Jet then through their guns at each other, resulting with the handguns colliding. Jet chuckled. "Wow, great minds do think alike." Jet then resorted to hand to hand combat as well as Dark Jet.

Jet tried for a roundhouse kick, but Dark Jet ducked it and kicked Jet in the mid-section. Jet clutched at his stomach but then caught another kick by Dark Jet. Jet followed his counter with a elbow to Dark Jet's face and added with a right hook. Dark Jet shrugged the hits off and threw a few punches at Jet. Jet blocked each blow and threw a few punches and a kick, which were blocked by Dark Jet. They traded blow for blow and Jet was impressed on how awesome his fighting skills are against himself. Jet thrusted his left foot right at Dark Jet, but Dark Jet countered the kick into a knee bar. Jet grimaced in pain as he could feel Dark Jet trying to break his leg.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I gasped as Trevor yelled for me, just ducking enough to the floor before the figure could swipe my head off, taking a few strains of my hair instead.

I rolled back, getting up, darting around to a dark replica of myself, his yellow intimidating eyes staring directly at mine. He had my long bandana, my sword, everything.

“Who are you?...” I growled, taking my sword from my back. I span it around in front of me, outstretching and tightening my grip with the handle, the dark figure did the exact same thing.

“Heh, pretty clever you. But you’re not me!”

I came running at the dark figure as he shadowed my movements. We clashed swords in a massive spark, swords locked, we pushed against one another with all our might. A sweat drop fell down my face.

I cringed, “Damn you...!” We both pushed each other back in a sudden burst of energy, after a stumble, we then started clashing and reflecting each other’s swings one by one. Each time we collided, my arms shook of the strain of the large swords striking each other, making my movements slower and slower with every blow. That sword of his was definitely the real deal.

“Damn it...” I said after swing after swing, “...Now I know how it feels to fight ME. Can’t say it’s easy...” Suddenly, the dark version of me got the better hand of me, throwing me off my feet. I feel back on my ass and slammed onto the ground a distance from him. I growled in fustration as the shadow-being walked over to finish me off.

I suddenly leapt back, bringing my sword to the air, “Oh no you don’t! Eat this!!” I yelled. Brimming with Keyleria’s fire, I struck the ground in front of me as a blaze of flames chased the dark figure and torched him.

I smirked as I chuckled, “Hahaha... Not as tough as you thought, huh? Huh?!” I stuttered in shock. The dark figure had whisked the flames away from him with a single swipe of his sword, ready for another. “Hahaha...” I chuckled sadly, “Nevermind, you’re alright... Heh, listen to me. I’m talking to myself...” I smirked again, breathing heavily. Sucking in and pulling up, I rose to my feet once more.

I was about to turn to see what Umbra was distressing about until a black blur tackled me, rolling us both to the floor on impact.

I managed to pin the figure down to be staring into the face of another Pokemon, but way darker, “Another Pikachu! Wait a minute... No, it’s me!” I gasped, the yellow piercing eyes looking back at me.

Dark Sparky immediately tossed me off to the side in my weakened state of shock. I bowled over, getting up to spark in electricity, “If you know why they call me Sparky, then you won’t be surprised by this!” I unleashed Thunderbolt on the Dark Sparky.

But unfortunately again, it didn’t seem to have any effect. Dark Sparky soaked it up until the thunder bounced from its body.

“What is it with this world?! None of my attacks work anymore!” I screamed, kicking up from the ground, “No way! Not this time! I’m not going to faint again!” The Dark Sparky ran at me in a charge as well, both performing Quick Attack into each other, again and again.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I couldn't manage to look around and check on the others, I had my hands full with my own dark self. I checked my right shoulder, it was only slightly cut nothing too deep. "Hey you bastard, don't think that you can win against me!" I growled at my shadow, then I could have sworn I heard it chuckle almost as if it were mocking me. "Ok that is it, you are going to die!" I did a blitzkrieg of a complicated series of sword strikes against my shadow self, once again it mimicked everything I did perfectly. With each passing blow it seemed that my strength and stamina was slowly being drained because of the constant clashing and recoil.

Dammit, how am I going to defeat myself. I know my own strengths and weaknesses, and how to cover them and exploit them. "I can't stand this thing it knows everything I do and how to stop me." I sheathed my sword as did my shadow self, and then we paced around each other. Splish splash, splish splash our feet went as we circled each other in the fountain. "Die you cheap carbon copy!" We ran at each other and I reared my left fist back and it was covered in red and orange flames "Fist of the Mortal Flame!" I shouted as me and my shadow self punched each other, and as our fists collided the force sent us both sliding across the fountain.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As the shadow copy charged I placed my hands on the ground and water flowed toward Dark Trevor. Ice spikes shot out of the water on the ground, closing in on Dark Trevor.

Surprised by the attack, Dark Trevor barely got out of the way without taking a large amount of damage. The shadow dodged the last ice spike but was grazed in the arm. It didn't seem to phase the shadow at all. I spread my hands wide and the water turned into fog. I concentrated the fog around me and Dark Trevor. I pulled my blades again, ready for whatever the shadow had in store.

I heard blades unsheath somewhere in the dense fog.

((I can kill Dark Trevor whenever, unless you have a plan for them all Crunchy. I was thinking about doing next time I post.))

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I fell back once again, "Ouch! Damn it..." I rubbed my backside, "That really hurt... He's really kicking my ass..."

I glanced to everyone else fighting their shadow forms. It was an eerie sight to behold. Even Umbra and Sparky were fighting what looked like replicas of themselves. Suddenly, I noticed something. Their shadows... I stood up in a realisation as I looked over mine, nothing. We were casting no shadows at all. Impossible, but now things at least made a little sense. I darted to the lamp behind my look-a-like friend, walking steadily toward me. That's it!

Suddenly, I was knocked to the ground once again as he struck my sword for the hundredth time.

I grinned darkly, but tiredly, placing my hand to the ground, "I get it now... You guys really are our shadows... I know," I pushed myself up to my feet, "You don't have to explain, I know. You're being controlled by that monster the Great Fairy told us about, aren't you?" I pulled my sword up once again, "...There's only one weakness to a shadow... The darkness. Without light, a shadow can't be cast. But you're not going to let me kill the lamp, are you?"

"SOMEONE!!" I yelled, "PUT OUT THE LAMP, DO IT NOW---!!"

Suddenly, my shadow began pacing faster, turning into a full on jolt to finish me off. It must have been because I was on the right track. I laughed, pulling my sword into a defending position. What would be revealed once the light was put out, I wonder? Still, someone would have to act fast. I didn't know how long I could last being beaten to death by my own shadow.

((That's your call, Trevor.))

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After sliding for a bit my shadow and I flipped up and landed on our feet, now eyeing each other from across the room. "Ok Spence I will try and ditch my shadow." I made a run for the lamp but was overtaken by my shadow and kicked in the ribs. I tried to roll out of the way from a shadow sword strike at me, but I wasn't fast enough and it sliced my stomach some of the damage was reduced by my chainmail still it got through to my stomach. I quickly staggered up to my feet drawing my sword. "Ok that is it you little bastard." I flared up my energy causing my body to be encased in aura of fire then I started to do a pirouette. ((Its the spin ballet dancers do on the tip of their toes)) I started to gain increasing speeds, as my shadow pitifully started to copy me only it didn't have the fire aura and was going in the opposite direction. When I reached stop speed I shouted "Tornado Inferno!" Then my aura of fire had become a small tornado which sped towards my shadow ensnared it, but it didn't kill it though it did manage some damage on it.

Blast it never stopped spinning, and since it was going in the opposite direction as me it snuffed out my tornado. I started to breathe heavily, the strain of the last technique hitting me. My shadow was looking at me again laughing trying to act like it wasn't tired, when the strain of our fight was clearly getting it. I have to get to the lamp and put it out, not just for Spence but for everyone.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet was still in the kneebar that his Dark self put him in. Jet finally managed to escape the hold after kick Dark Jet in the face with his free leg. Jet then did a back roll off the ground into his fighting stance, with Dark Jet doing the same. "I am really getting tired of fighting myself." Jet drew out his sword and lunged at Dark Jet's chest. Dark Jet parried the attack with his own sword and the the two started exchanging attacks with their swords at an incredible pace.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I heard a splash from behind me and slashed out only to be met with another pair of blades. "Gotcha." My hands began glowing and ice shards began forming from the fog above me. "Die!", I yelled as the shards flew at the shadow.

Dark Trevor lifted up his arms and the ice shattered into pieces. I looked and saw that he used the Crysal on his arms as a shield. He lashed out with his swords and cut my chest. "You son-of-a-bitch!" I ran at him for the last attack I knew would end this.

I concentrated all the fog into my hands, making sure that the shadow was where I wanted him to be. He was standing right in front of the lamp pedestal. "Perfect." The fog began shaping itself into a long spear. It solidified into ice.

"This ends now." I threw the spear at the shadow. It penetrated through my shadow and broke through the glass containing the flame in the lamp. The shadow looked at the lamp and then me. "I win.", I said as I waved slowly at it. The ice started to melt and a single drop fell onto the flame, extinguishing it. Darkness quickly took place, "Great now how are we supposed to see?"

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:27 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The room suddenly turned pitch black and our shadows vanished with it. Trevor managed to do it. We couldn't see at all, but we at least we were rid of them. I grinned, falling to my knee.

I ran straight through the Dark Sparky as someone turned off the lights. I stumbled and fell onto my face. Ouch, I was glad the lights were off so nobody could see that... I rolled onto my back to sigh.

Suddenly, a single red and yellow eye gapped and opened, priecing the darkness it stared right at me from the ceiling. I eeped, jumping up in freight. Whatever that eye was connected to was so heavy, I felt the gravity of it about to fall straight on top of me. I leapt out of the way in a scream just in time, crashing down to the floor. It shook the whole room around us.

I scurried to my feet, darting around in sparks, "Take this monster!" I used a Thunderbolt attack, lighting the darkness of the room and revealing a giant one-eyed spider in my fury. Its body and large legs black as the walls we were trapped in. Finally, my electricity was effective! It fell to its belly in its stunned state.

After almost falling over in the quake, I turned around to Sparky's thunder attack, seeing a giant spider in its execution. "I see, so the monster reveals itself..." I took the lantern from my belt and lit it up, turning the room into a barely visible state of dimmed light.

((http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/a/a5/20060815013435!FFX-2bossfight.JPG Basically that but black body, one eye in the middle of its head. Extremely easy to defeat, so use whatever you wish to give it damage.))

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:42 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next