It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Shadows of Enigma [On break until everyone is back.] 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Rating: T (for intense violence, some blood, and minor language)
Genre: Fantasy

Setting: The future, where space travel isn't difficult, on a planet that seems lifeless.

Description: 5(or more) people have just woken up from a sleep they don't remember taking. They find themselves on a wide open prairie facing some dark woods. They all have horrid headaches, which seem to be getting worse. Eventually they began to develop abnormal abilities such as telekinesis, pyrokinesis, shape-shifting, etc. They have never met one another but they do have one thing in common..... find out what's happening and get of this planet. The planet's surface appears similar to that of Earth's. In the center of the island towers a huge mountain that overlooks the entire area.

Plot: Using your powers, you and the rest of the group must get to the top of the mountain in the center of the island. Many deadly creatures will appear and it will most likely take teamwork to fend them off. Along the way things will trigger your memories and you'll start to piece the puzzle back together.

Rules:
1 - Don't pick a super power that has no weakness.
2 - PLEASE USE PROPER GRAMMAR (unless for dialogue)
3 - No god modding, controling, blah blah, you know the drill.
4 - When talking out of character use the double parenthesis ((Like this))
5 - Most important, be creative!

Powers - Make up your own powers but give a really good description about what it can do(even if we know what it does). The limit on number of powers is 2 and the second one cannot be as strong as the first, e.g. Pyrokinesis with water bending (VERY BAD) or Telekinesis with psychic barriers (GOOD). A good starter for anyone who is stumped is Conjuring.

Profile:
Quote:
Name-
Age-
Appearnce-
Personality-
History-
Power(s)-
Weakness-
Extra- (such as fears, strengths, etc.)

Mine:
Name- Red Feor
Age- 25
Appearance- http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq15 ... f314a6.jpg
Personality- Red loves to socialize and tries to be everyones friend. He is easy to get along with but tends to be a downer sometimes. As long as he does good he usually stays cheerful. Red is a very bright person and is good at evaluating solutions to complex problems. The one thing he hates the most about people is when they don't think about other options.
History- Red grew up in a small town with his family. After he moved out he went to one of the best colleges in his state. He graduated with high honors and a degree in massage therapy and paranormal investigation. Red loved his first job as a massage therapist but eventually grew bored. He then was recruited by a governmental supernatural facility. There he learned about space travel and cross dimentional teleportation. Red was working on a mission with a few of his co-workers, they didn't know what it was for. All he remebers is blacking out and waking up in a grassy area.
Power(s)-Water bending- the ability to control water in any form using mental concentration and fluid hand movements.
Teleportation- the ability to transport through space at an alarming rate. The user can only transport themself to a place they have already been and seen.
Weakness- Teleportation deplets him of all his energy and he cannot move on his own. If cannot use his hands then his powers are useless.
Extra- Red is a very fast runner and has good reflexes. He can also shape water in the form of things that he imagines( Red has a very creative mind).

Last edited by redt on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Name- Richard Maxwell Arkwright
Age- 27
Appearnce- Image
Personality- Richard is always very protective and caring of others. He will only protect who he cares for. He can behave differently as he can be someones best friend and someone else's nightmare. In general he is cool and chilled out.
History- When he was born Richard was always very creative, he loved to create things and draw. He grew up with lots of friends and had a rather normal childhood. When he went off to university, to study architecture, psychology and physics, he met many interesting people and again it was a rather mundane experience. Eventually he became an architect and runs a branch of architecture offices.
Power(s)- Air Bending, Telekinesis
Weakness- Telekinesis is his weakest power and cannot lift extremely heavy things and if Richard tries to exceed the amount of weight his mind can carry he received a large bolt of pain.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:42 pm
I need to shut the **** up

Name : Vanessa Danielle Tortallnis (VD, Ness)
Appearance : Image
Personality : She is flirtatious, confident, a natural leader and intelligent. She is hard-working and kind, however she is stressed and constantly goes to counselling sessions to try to relieve the enormous pressure that she is put under.
History : Vanessa earned the nickname "VD" when she was shown her initials at 6. The name instantly stuck and VD became popular, beautiful, flirtatious, confident.....basically all of the first things mentioned in her personality. However, Vanessa became depressed, stressed, masochistic and panicky, whilst Ness became lustful, sadistic, and violent. She grew up with this fractured psyche, and boy did it give her troubles...
Powers : VD has none. Vanessa controls darkness as a solid thing (I will explain this further), and Ness can cause intense pain.
Weaknesses : The constant fluctuations between personality makes her extremely unstable. One minute she may be restraining someone with darkness, the next she will be toruring them.
Extra : Oh, did I mention she had MPD? <Multiple Personality Disorder???>

Interesting character much! Thanks for the reserved space, redt! ;P
{chingling}

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:54 pm
Just your average 10 year old

Name- Ace Racula (ra-COLE-a)
Age- (It's best we all be about the same age) 26
Appearnce- Red, spiky hair that is shaped like flames. He wears a dragon with flames coming from its mouth necklace for good luck. His jacket is blue with the undershirt being green with the word 'INFERNO' on it.
Personality- Always arguementative on the slightest thing, sometimes is a jerk but can make amends if it is someone he cares about.
History- Grew up as a normal child in a normal town. School, then tutors for piano. He had no time fore friends and eventually grew up to backtalk his parents and teachers because he had no one he could talk to. His parents never cared about him though they said they did. He spent most of his time either in his room or away from home.
Power(s)-
Pyrokinesis - Control of fire, can set an object on fire by thinking about it. Can shoot flames from hands by doing the same thing.
Psychic Barrier - gives user 5 minutes of invunerablility
Weakness- Water makes Pyrokenesis useless. Psychic barrier's short time and it take so much energy. It also takes a loooooooong time to recharge.
Extra- Every morning since getting powers, he stares out at the sun and says the same thing:

Mighty Sun,
Oh bringer of fire,
Give me strength to make my flames,
Give me strength to shine like you.

EDITED

Last edited by Beav232 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jag and Ching - Ya'lls profiles look great. Very nice touch with the split personalities Ching.
Beav - Pyrokinesis is a really strong power and invisibilty gives too much power to you. Basically replace one of them, e.g. Conjuring(you would have to say what) and invisibilty would be fine or pyrokinesis and psychic barriers, or whatever.
Other than that everyone's accepted. I'll start after Beav changes his powers.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:18 am
Profile WWW

Yeah! Awesome! Can't wait! Oh, and btw, thank you! =P
{chingling}

Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:03 am

It has been edited.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Come on Red! We need to get out of here NOW!" As Red looked up a mysterious girl was pulling him up from the floor, " Please, you need to get out! The room is highly unstable." He wondered why she kept trying to get him out of the room then a bright flash filled the room.......

"Wait.......!" Red jerked up, "Was that a dream? Where am I anyhow?" He realized he was sitting in an empty field and his head felt like someone was hitting him with a hammer.
Red noticed 3 others sleeping near him. He thought they were dead because they looked so peaceful but their abdominal movements showed otherwise.
Red reached over to the girl that was nearest him and shook her, trying to wake her up. "Hey! Wake up. Do you have any idea how you got here?"

While waiting for a responce Red looked around to see his surroundings. Dark woods surrounded them and none of it looked inviting. The trees looked sinister with their bare limbs entangled with one another and the random noises from the forest didn't comfort him much either. Red got up and started shaking all of them, " Come on! We need to get out of here." Just then a splitting headache hit him like a shot to the forehead. Red dropped to his knees.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Good morning, Mr Arkwright." The small brunette receptionist said to Richard as he walked into his Architecture Headquarters.
"Morning Claire, nice to see you again." Richard said giving Claire a kind nod whilst opening the door to his office. He walked into his office that was modern and designed by himself. He went to turn on his computer, it buzzed around and started to load up. The apple logo appeared but then was removed to reveal a bright shining light. "Claire...CLAIRE!!!" Richard cried out.

Ugh my head hurts
[color=#0080FF]Richard thought grasping his head. He raised his back up to try and see his new surroundings. He noticed some people on the floor, and got scared thinking that they were dead and he was next. Luckily he noticed another guy who was awake.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:59 pm

VD walked into school, smiling, walking hand in hand with her boyfriend, who just happened to be the most desirable guy in the County. She smiled. Vanessa hadn't appeared in months now, nor Ness......VD smiled again, placing her lips onto his in a moment of pure bliss....his eyes glowed scarlet and as he pulled her in, kissing her back passionately, VD noticed something was wrong....he was rougher, when he was usually gentle....instead of caressing her neck, sending shivers down her spine, he was forcing her deeper into his mouth, pushing her.....instead of wrapping his arms around her waist subtly and softly, he bound her, squeezing the breath out of her and making her constantly resurface to take enormous gulps of air....he usually casually explored her mouth, whereas now, he bit and sucked and gulped as though he was ravenous. Fear coursed through VD's veins and she tried to pull away, looking into his eyes pleadingly, and noticed finally that his eyes weren't usually the incredible powder blue with flecks of navy, that they were scarlet red with flecks of crimson, with snake-like pupils....his toungue lashed at the inside of her mouth, flicking in and out, and she saw that it was forked and dry, instead of blunt and moist....she bumped her nose into his, but she noticed that he didn't have a nose, only two slits....his face was covered in emerald scales that scratched her......

VD screamed.

And woke up.

Vanessa shook violently. She wished that it had all been a dream. She really, really did. Her head was being cleaved in two (at least, that's what it felt like), and she was hearing voices. Or was she? Vanessa looked around and saw two boys (well, they were at least in their mid-twenties), one of which was clutching his head and on his knees, and the other seemed to have just woken up.

"Hey!" she cried, "Hey, what's going on?"

((Do I have to tone it down a little or not?))
{chingling}

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(( Well I rated it Teen so you should be fine. Sorry for taking a long time to post. My internet wouldn't allow me access. ))
Red jumped up when he heard the girl's voice. He regretted doing that because his head began to throb even more.

Keeping the pain under control, Red attempted to answer the girl. "Ummm... I was hoping.....that you would......have known. God, this headache is literally killing me!"
Red looked over at the guy that was awake, " Are you okay dude?" Then looked over at the girl, " And how about you?" They looked like how he felt, miserable.
((Just waiting for Beav to wake up so I can get juicy with the story line.))

Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:30 pm
Profile WWW

((OMFG ASDF I HAD A HUGE FRICKING POST BUT IT MESSED UP AND NOW IT'S GONE. I g2g bow so this is all I can do.))

Tom seemed to never wake up. When he did, it wasn't in where he went to sleep. It was a a white, empty world. Then everything seemed to take on a more sinister look. One. By. One. When it was all done, the world looked like a living hell. Other people were there. Maybe they knew why they were here........

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:23 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((This character and his abilities are based off a motorbike. /fact))

Name: Achxes (Ache-Xes)
Appearance: Muscular body, tall, big pale blue eyes, black long spiky hair, black leather coat with white fluffy inside, hood down his back, white shirt underneath, belts, black jeans, black boots
Personality: Achxes is stubborn, ignorant and rude. Cold-hearted, he could laugh at almost anything as if he doesn't have a heart at all. With little emotion whatsoever, he pretends he does by saying odd things to the people around him, or by saying not much at all.
History: With no memory of the past, Achxes spends most of his time travelling all over the country and avoiding people, searching for the answers of his own existence. His only home is the open road. His only possession is his motorbike.
Power(s): He can craft (it flashes before him in his hand when called upon) a strange silver and black blade in his hand (resembling his bike), this blade grows and becomes stronger as he does. He can dash/fly in any direction for a limited amount of time (1 second at max, but growing stronger, he can travel by 5 seconds) avoiding the naked eye almost as if teleporting. The dash ability leaves off a flame every time unleashed.
Weakness: He can only launch himself with the 'agility' from the ground otherwise he becomes unbalanced, once the blade falls from his hand it will disappear if left alone and vanish, and Achxes will have to conjure up another one (it's something of a keyblade in a sense). Both either summoning the blade OR using the dash ability weakens Achxes and tires him.
Extras: Achxes hates crowds, Achxes isn't a good judge of character, Achxes is often mistaken for the bad guy

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(( Crunchy - Your good man. Do you want to have a wake-up story or just already be with the group? I'll wait for everyone else to posts before continuing if that's cool.))

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Achxes was driving down the endless and empty dark road of a desert surrounding. Headlight on, he tried staying awake until he could find a suitable motel. His eyes growing heavy and his head get drowsy; he swayed his head until his eyes finally caught up and shut close for only a brief second. In a panic, he opened them to see himself collide his bike head first into an approaching truck.

---

Achxes jerked up, immediately grasping his head. He thought the headache was due from the collision. "...Am I dead?" he murmured to himself, eyeing a few other people around him. They were all smaller than him.

((I was trying to find a bike that suited Achxes and that would look cool transformed into a sword. I have to find a big one though, because Achxes is a tall bulky kinda guy for a 21 year old.))

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Red heard another voice from behind him. Another person? How did we get here? Arghhhh! This headache doesn't seem as bad but it's still annoying.

Red turned around to see a very large, intimidating guy towering over him. Woah! Scary much. "No, your not dead, at least I hope were not dead. I think that were on another planet."
"What planet, I dont even know.", Red murmured under his breath ((Red thinks that he knows what happened. Everyone appearing here is no accident, they are all connected somehow.))

All of the sudden Red dropped to the ground, a flashback starting up.
People were busily at work in a lab. He saw himself standing next the girl from his dream. " Do you think that Enigma could support life Red?", she asked. "Of course. I've been researching the planets atmosphere for weeks and all of it shows the ability to sustain life." The girl looked down, a thoughtful look on her face, " Enigma...."
Red looked over at her, " What did you say?" "I think we should call it Enigma, you know because it holds so many secrets that we don't know yet."
"Enigma.... I like the sound of it. Okay from now on we'll refer to the planet as Enigma." They hugged each other, then nothing. The flashback stopped and Red looked up from the ground.

Everyone was looking at him, "Enigma. That's its name, Enigma. I think there is something about this place that I know.... maybe."

(( Everyone has flashbacks, especially when we get our powers and go deeper into the forest.))

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Poor guy, he must've been a weakling, Achxes thought before he got himself up, kneeling to the guy's body. It looked like he was in a bizarre dream, or a nightmare. His eyes flickered oddly, like in a seizure. Achxes glared, what the hell was wrong with him? Red then suddenly awoke, Achxes stood up after him as Red spoke of a name that caught his attention.

"Enigma...?" Achxes said blankly, "You know, that sounds vaguely familiar..." he swayed, looking around the world they had awoken from, glancing at the dark forest that seemed to have lead to their next destination. It was like it was calling them, it was strange.

"No roads, no bike... Guess there's only one option." Achxes started walking towards it, passing the others.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 pm

"What option would that be?" asked Vanessa. Enigma sounded slightly familiar too, but her thoughts were clouded by the awful migraine that felt like her brain was being torn in half. She began to cry.

"Does anyone have a blade?" she asked desperately, "I need to stop crying."

Tears poured down Vanessa's face as her head exploded with pain.

{chingling}

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Achxes continued walking towards the forest, hearing the word 'blade' from the very vocal young lady, "Blade...?"

He nodded his head down, not stopping for anyone.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(Beav is having computer problems and had asked me to tell everyone that he will not be around for a short while and that Redt has permission to god mod him for a little bit)

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:33 pm

"Yeah, blade. I don't even know how the fluck I got here. Let alone where it is."

Vanessa was crying again. She didn't notice the tendrils of darkness floating around her.

As she got up, the headache struck again. Everything blurred.

"Ahhhh-haaaah, ow, owowowowowowow. Sugar, bugger, arrgh, twat!" ((excuse the strong British language))

{chingling}

Last edited by *superiorchingling* on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(( Oh my god! We might be able to pull this out of the grave!))

"Woah! Did anyone else just see what happened around her?" Red got up and walked over to the girl. " There's something about this place that's causing our headaches."

Red helped her steady herself, " The name's Red by the way." He looked over at the forest, he shuddered. Red looked behind him, " Hey! There's a lake. We should grab some water and start a shelter near the shore."

(( Oh and ching you might want to use the censored smily instead of using a word that sounds "familiar" for the intense profanity.))

Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Hmm?" Achxes turned for a brief second to see the mysterious phenomenon happen about the girl, he glared.

"Well, that certainly wasn't normal," he snorted, looking on as the guy named Red directed to the lake.

Achxes sighed tiredly. Perhaps maybe he too should get some rest. He didn't show it, but the headache was putting a strain on him, too. And who knows? Maybe these characters might be able to deliver some more answers to this strange place after all. Red certainly did in his bizarre flashback, though, hopefully he didn't have to fall over and have an attack every time.

He turned back to the forest, "I'll be back." Achxes made it back to the group and toward the lake.

"Okay, I'll tag along...for now," he muttered to Red, then eyeing the young lady, "Give it a rest, will you... We're all going through the same thing."

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:27 pm

"I know, 'biker boy'. I have every right to moan about it."

Oh, wait. I'm rarely mean to people.

Ness smiled.

"Pretty good thing you're all going through the same thing, is it not? Your pain is delicious."

Ness gave an insane giggle.

{jigglypuff}

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:49 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jesus Christ.

Richard was having trouble analyzing all of his new surroundings.

The girl called Ness appeared emotional and strange.

The dude called Achxes seemed tough and a rough biker boy.

The other person who had mentioned Enigma. He just he was strange. Richard had never heard of this.

"Look you two everyone is struggling. Arguing just makes it worse. Let's just try to get ourselves on our feet. Hmm?" Richard said trying to put his foot down.

(Yay this is back! When are discovering our powers?")

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next