It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Left 4 Dead: Devil's Swamp [Started!] 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Sounds like a good idea, what with me having dress rehearsals for my play. Everyone can make one more action, then we'll wait until later this week to resume. Sorry for delaying fun even longer. :( But it seems to be starting very well, I think!))

"Thanks a million, Charles," panted Locke. "You've got dead aim... I might've been shredded by that Smoker had you not interfered."

Slowly, Locke stood up.

"No way that bastard's catching me off guard this time...but Charles is right. There could be a horde any minute. Hurry up and get that junk outta the way!" hollered Locke.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Do not worry I have had a tetanus shot recently... I was just overwhelmed by the weight of the thing" Taji stated as wiped a little blood off his hand. "Do not worry about it happening a second time though" Taji started to move the junk out of the way quickly but carefully "Makes me wonder how long do you think that smoker was standing in the doorway? Think they could be developing some kind of strategical mindset or something?" Taji stated. There I go again always questioning and pondering crap, of course they won't be developing past a very primal state of mind.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:21 pm
Just your average 10 year old

(I'm back!)

"That maybe the case Taji. We have to assume that the smoker heard our plan and more infected are at the bottom of the fire escape." Tom looked out the window, nothing was there yet, "It's clear for now, let's hurry!" Tom began his descent down to the ground.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:39 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Whew! My musical is done and over with, so we may resume at full speed! Let's get going everyone! :) ))

Dusting himself off, Locke regained his composure.

"These things do seem to have a sense of strategy at times," started Locke, "but they're still primarily driven by their instincts. Regardless, we have to get going."

Locke followed after Tom down the winding staircase.

"Watch your backs! Tom and I will plow forward."

Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

Tom was already on the second flight when Locke came out. He waited for him to catch up. "Let's go. We have to assume that infected are scaling this place and have it out for us." There was an infected at the bottom of the fire escape watching them. "Company coming!" he said as he shot it with the pistol.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"To all the glory of God in heaven" "Come on guys we have to get this junk out of the way so we can get out of this place" Taji practically screamed, with a nervous tone in his voice. Taji was moving and shoving things out of the way at a much more hurried pace, then he saw something "Guys I see the window of the fire escape, but it might take a minute or two to reach it"

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:37 pm

(The window is clear and me and R_R are going down it.)

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((I think this all kinda got jumbled and we skipped a lot, but in interest of this actually moving forward I'll just continue where Beav left.))

Charles was just climbing out of the window when he heard the all to familiar shouts and screams of a horde.

"Way to signal in or doom for us," Charles shouted at Tom, "We'll have better luck surviving if we hurry and get off of here before they're on us.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:37 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Dammit to hell!" shouted Locke. "We're in a terrible spot to face an army... Charles is right. We have to get down!"

Scrambling on his old legs, Locke started running.

"Get a move on people! Unless you want to make us dig up some early graves!"

Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:47 pm
Profile WWW

"Throw some of that sharp stuff at 'em, just don't hit us!" Tom was right behind Locke, who was worried about fighting an army.

"Get your lazy butts down here!"

Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((R_R said I could join.))

Name: Ross O’Donnell
Profession (before the Zombie Apocalypse): Subway™ Franchisee

Appearance
Body type: Fairly average save for the powerful legs.
Hair: Brown, flipped up and parted on the side
Eye color: Deep Brown
Face type: semi-narrow, with brown stubble (not much time to shave recently)
Other physical features: Recently acquired scar on left knuckle
Clothing style: Usually wears blue jeans and a polo, a polo-sweater combo, or a black turtleneck sweater.
Speech style: usually quiet, except when it is necessarily to convey important information, or when alone with a friend.

Personality
General demeanor: Can be rather melancholy at times, but with occasional bright days.
How he/she sees himself: fairly intelligent, introverted entrepreneur, a Jeffersonian, a quiet man of philosophic joys.
Best qualities: can be quite intelligent and innovative, sometimes a downright genius.
Worst qualities: Doesn’t work very well with more than one or two other people at a time, any more than that and he tends to shut up and keep his thought to himself.

Weapons
Primary Weapon: Mossberg 500 Tactical 12-gauge Shotgun
Melee Weapon: ATAX Survival tool: http://www.survival.com/atax.htm (<-- Not trying to Godmode with that, I just thought it looked cool. I can pick a different one if you want.)

Background:
Origin: Ross O’Donnell was always very interested in American History, and the philosophies that led to the founding of America. In college he chose to take Small Business Management as a Major, hoping to start a business or franchise to earn himself a piece of American Prosperity. Shortly before he managed to earn enough money to open his own business, somebody broke into his house and stole a significant chunk of change from Ross’ personal safe. The police managed to capture the thief and return his money, but Ross had learned his lesson. He joined the NRA, Purchased a concealed carry permit, a home defense shotgun, and Took a Tactical Training and Self Defense course.

Melee Weapon Back story: the ATAX was a rather interesting case of having too much time on one’s hand. He found it one day at an outdoor sports retailer and was so amused by the odd design that he bought it. Unsure of quite what to do with the oddly shaped tool, he placed it on the mantle of the gas powered fireplace in his Library and forgot about it, that is until one day when an Infected caught him reading unarmed. Ross wasn’t wearing his pistol, and his shotgun was stored in the gun case “where it should be.” Not knowing what else to do, Ross hastily looked around spotted the ATAX sitting on the mantle, untouched since the day he bought it. The rest is of course, history.

Quirks
Favorite food: BLTs
Favorite place: in the sofa in front of his fireplace, with a cup of raspberry tea and a good book.
Pet peeve(s): Welfare Recipients
Least favorite season: Spring (puddles, mud, and unpredictable weather.)
Worst memory: High School

"Had to go and get yourself separated didn't you."
Ross muttered quietly to himself, cursing his bad luck.

He had been scouting ahead a little bit, as it had been his turn to be point man, and had thought the others were behind him, but apparently not. From what he could tell, the others had rushed into one of the buildings.

He didn’t know where they were until he heard the rattle of a nearby fire escape. He had thought it was an infected bumbling around at first, but then he heard the gun shots. As the first of the infected starting moving towards the fire escape, Ross was thankful he was well hidden.

After a moment he emerged from his cover, checked to make sure his shotgun was ready, and ran as quietly as he could towards the ally where the fire escape was. After a moment he peered around the corner and saw two solitary infected making for the fire escape. Their backs were to him, so at least he had the element of surprise, not that that was much use against these things, but it bought him an extra second to aim his first shot.

Boom! Chu-chuck!

The first blast caught a zombie right in the back of the head, knocking it off its feet as Ross Chambered another round.

Boom! Chu-chuck! Boom! Chu-chuck!

The second zombie took two blasts, before succumbing to the effects of the shotgun.

But Ross could hear more coming as he rushed towards the fire escape, trying to load another round as he ran.

“Get the hell down here! I’ll hold them as long as I can!”
He screamed at his teammates, the sound of rushing zombies growing louder.

Reaching the foot of the fire escape, he turned and shouldered the shotgun.
“Please hurry…” He whispered.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:12 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Ross! Good to see you old boy!" shouted Locked from above. "Just hold your ground a little longer... I'm on my way down!"

Almost stumbling over the railing, Locke ran down the rusty metal staircase to meet up with his teammate.

I'm gonna feel this next morning...

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:10 pm
Profile WWW

"Need help Locke?" Tom went back up and helped Locke down the stairs. "Leave none behind. Remember?"

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:12 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Helping old people down stairs? I thought you were a cop, not a boy scout!" chuckled Locke. "Thanks all the same, though."

Turning back, he raised his hand to his mouth.

"As soon as you all are done with shooting practice, I suggest you start coming down one by one!"

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:41 am
Profile WWW

"Well next time I'll leave you and let the infected catch up to you and eat you alive." Tom returned.

"Here, let me put it in Spanish for you: El GET YOUR BUTTS DOWN HERE!!!"

Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As Charles reached the bottom of the stairs he let off three more burst from his smg, each taking down an infected.

It was then that he began hearing the gurgling noises that signaled in a boomer. At first from far a way, they got louder as the impossibly fat infected got closer.

"Everybody watch yourself, we got a boomer on the loose."

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

With immence relutance I have to leave this RP. Bye thank you for a good experience although I have made hardly any posts I am glad I took part.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Since Jaguar is no longer going to be roleplaying with us, that leaves Lewis without a player. My friend (and some of your guys') Theolithical expressed interest in giving RPing a shot, so I offered him Jaguar's previously occupied slot. Thus, Theo will be taking control of Lewis so he doesn't have to suddenly die now. ;o

Theo told me to let you guys bear in mind that he's still somewhat new to RPing, so let's do our best to help him along and give him a good RP time. :) Thanks everyone!))

Locke grimaced.

"I hate Boomers... disgusting blobs of bile..."

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

((Hey all, I'm Lewis now :3. I'm not going to get too involved in situations for now, but I'll still try. )

Lewis cautiously went down the final flight of stairs.

Why am I even here? I should have just stayed in the safe room.

Despite the negative thoughts, Lewis maintained a somewhat positive facial expression. He slowly lifted his submachine gun above his waist only to fire aimlessly at a small group of infected. As he heard the news of the Boomer, he backed up a few steps.

"I'd better use my ammunition more sparingly in case that Boomer is succesful with it's attack. We will need all the firepower that we can get."

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:33 pm

((Hi theo))

"A boomer, joy. All that means is more Infected on our doorstep." Tom looked aorund for anything that can be used in a bomb. He saw the beginnings of a Molotov Cocktail: a beer bottle, paper, and a box of matches. But no gas. He picked up the stuff and asked "Anyone see any gasoline? We need some for a Molotov."

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:52 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Err I forgot to mention Beav, Molotovs come already complete for use. Just makes it easier for the flow. And I forgot about it again when I replied, so... yeah... flaming_fox covered it this time though, so it's all good. From now on though, any Molotovs and Pipe Bombs we find will be complete and ready for use.))

Last edited by Registeel_Rocks on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Your going to need some more juice to ignite anything with that set-up. Take this."

Charles reached into his ragged suit coat and pulled out a stainless steel flask.

"Its filled with 100 proof rum and should be enough for one molotov. I was saving it for later, but I guess its now necessary for there to even be a later."

((OK, had to make changes. From now on I still have my suit coat and yes I know I created an item out of nowhere. It was necessary in order to fix an obvious mistake. Besides its only believable somebody in Charles' position would become an alcoholic from the stress anyways.))

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:12 pm

((kk))

"Perfect. I'm going to need cover when I light 'em up. Anyone scared or Boomer juice?"

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(( *Goes with it*)

Lewis gave a brief nod to Tom. He stepped forward and shot at the infected advancing near the group of survivors.

"I can see it coming out of the shadows!" Lewis exclaimed. To aid the others in finding it, he shot a few bullets in the general direction that the Boomer was coming from.

Oh come on. I can't hold these off forever, throw it now or we're dead.

Last edited by Theolithical on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Tom lit the match, but it got blown out. HE tried again, nothing. Third time's a charm and he threw it and lit the boomer up. *WOOSH!* 'Gwahhhhh' it cried as it started to burn.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next