It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 In Light of the Darkness (Accepting! Read first post please) 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Roleplay Name: In Light of the Darkness

Roleplay Genre: Action/Adventure/Fantasy

Rating: Image for violence

Setting:
Medieval Europe-ish

Plot: Several young adults become tired of the small island they live on, and for the first time in years, decide to leave it. Disaster ensues, and they are caught up in an epic war between the Men and the Elves.

Additional Rules: Not too many. The plot will be made up revealed as we go. You CAN have more than one character if you think you're up to it, but I wouldn't do it if you're not very experienced.

Send your profiles to me by PM and I'll tell you if they are acceptable. Then you can introduce yourself once you're ready.

Also: Your class DOES define what you can do. Be sure to read the abilities first, THEN pick.

Ye Olde Profile wrote:

Name:
Appearance:
History:
Personality:
Race: (Not picky, but be ready for an explanation if asked)
Class: [http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_V_Jobs](From here, please)[/url]
Generic capability: (from 1 to 10, with one being a civilian and ten being nearly invincible)
Other:

And my profiles:

Name: Vincent
Appearance: This guy

History:
Vincent was raised on the island, growing up knowing he wanted to be a Black Mage. He finally started to study it at the age of 14, and has been trying to find out where he can learn more.

Personality:
A bit of a hot-head. He has difficulty controlling his new powers, and becomes nearly unapproachable sometimes because of it. At the best of times, he is caring and strives for perfection. At worst, he is a total sociopath if angered further.

Race: Human
Class: Black Mage
Generic capability: 5
Other: None

Name: Lawrence Paul

History:
Paul moved to the island at the age ten when his family lost their estate to the king. He became friends with Vincent, and has been helping him with the boat for quite a while now.

Personality:
Extremely patient, especially with Vincent's fits. He always tries to understand all sides before passing judgment. Is not afraid, however, to fight in self-defense.

Class: Knight
Generic capability: 3
Other: Is capable of surviving a fight with Vincent, due to his Guard ability.

-------------------

Jaguar's Nobody's Profile:

Name: Loretta Danielle Petal

Appearance: This girl

History: As soon as Loretta could talk all she could talk about was becoming a Sorceress. She loved putting on Sorceress clothing and really getting stuck in. She began studying at a young age and her knowledge is a force to be reckoned with.

Personality: Loretta loves books and generally reads alone, she is also very creative and loves to sketch. She is normally calm and relaxed, quite petite and delicate, but get become extremely moody and easily tempered. Being quick to judge is one of her worst qualities.

Class: Sorceress
Generic capability: 6
Other: Loretta is a fairly skilled gymnast.

-------------------

St. Jimmy's profile:

Name: James

History: James grew up as a knave with his mother, father and two brothers. One of which had left the family long ago for war and the younger kept to his own. James and his father worked the fields from dawn til dusk to feed the family alone. Although poor, he still remains happy with the basic things in life not knowing the evils of wealth.

Personality: James sees himself as one of a lucky nature. Although poor, things come easy to him. He's optimistic and easy going. He often makes jokes to light up a situation and will do anything to help out a friend. Unknowing to his parents, James has also made a habit of stealing to help with their finances.

Race: Human (is subject to change if necessary)
Class: Thief
Generic capability: 4
Other: He has a soft spot for animals and is a remarkably fast runner

-------------------

Crunchy's profiles:

Name: Isaac

Appearance: Long black spiky hair, green and yellow garments as clothing, black boots

History: Isaac lived all his life on the island. His mother and father were killed on the mainland in the war when he was very young, too young to remember their faces. His mother’s dad, Isaac’s grandfather, cared for him in his home on the island since then. He raised him up to be a caring, strong and spirited young man. Passed on to generation to generation, he would soon be passed down the Will of the Summoner, which would then grant him the ability to summon powerful mystical beings.

Personality: Kind, caring and spirited, expect Isaac to be the one cheering everybody on

Class: Summoner
Generic capability: 7

Other: Isaac is capable of keeping up with everyone, (aka, jumping, running, suitable strength) but not as fast as a Thief, nor is he as strong as a Knight. Having being gifted with the Will of the Summoner, he is able to perform the Summon ability. With this ability he is able to call Summons, one at a time, to fight the enemies alongside Isaac and his friends, this being, each one has a limit to the time they can stay on the earth and will be reverted as that time is up or Isaac sends them away. When Isaac is gifted, he is able to call upon Level 1 Summons, as he develops throughout the story and grows stronger, he will be able to call upon Level 2, 3, 4, and then finally 5 Summons.

Name: Leo

Appearance: Small, blonde ruffled shortish hair, large pointy ears, big red hat with a large white feather, red cape, big brown boots

History: Leo, being the only Elf on the island, has had a pretty rough life. He was an orphan, the only child on the island without a family. He doesn’t know where he came from, but he was told a basket drifted him onto the shore when he was only a baby. He dedicated himself to the magical arts he grew up with as he was picked on and bullied by the humans of the island.

Personality: Quiet, moody and harsh, try not to expect a lot out of Leo

Race: Elf
Class: Red Mage

Other: Being small, Leo is capable of crawling into tight places and being thrown to reach otherwise too high to get to areas since he’s so light weighted. When he wants to be, he can be a rather helpful ally to have. Being gifted with Level 3 Black and White magic, he can really turn the tables in battle, or not.

Note, that these guys are NOT KNOWN about to the others quite yet.

-------------------

Well? Submit profiles already!

Last edited by Spiritombs Nightmare on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sorry for double post. Inconvenient.

By the way:
Blue = Vincent, Red = Paul.

Vincent, Paul, Loretta and James admired the boat they had built. Despite all their skills, it had taken months.

"Finally!" Vincent said. "We get to leave this piece of rock!"

"It's not a 'piece of rock'," Paul said. "It's our home, too! But we do get to leave it now."

"Whatever," Vincent shot back. "Anyway.....The wind appears to be going in the right direction. It's about four nautical miles to the mainland if I'm correct. At least, it should take a few hours to get there; assuming the wind doesn't betray us. We'll need to get our stuff and say goodbye then. After that, it's all ours."

The four teens went in their respective directions. Vincent was soon back at his house. As usual, nobody was home. They knew he would be leaving though; he scribbled a note and left it on the table.

He went up to his room. It was fairly packed in with his personal library. He'd have to leave most of it behind. He carefully picked out a few of them and stuffed them into a sack. He also took a knife from the shelf and tucked it into his belt. He stuffed a loaf of bread into his sack, and was on his way back.

All o' y'all! You may post now!

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James walked back to his house slowly. He wanted to leave, but wante to savor his time with the family. His elder brother was home now, making them able to pay the taxes so that James could leave. He walked into the small house as his father greeted him. "James! How've you been, lad?" "Ok, the day's nice." "It is...will you be leaving then?" The two looked at eachother. "...Yeah." "Mmm...tell your mother...she worries, you know."

James walked into the other room as his mother basically tackled him. "You can't leave!" "Mom...I'll be fine." She sighed and let go. "At least Matthew's home and safe. Take some bread, will you?" "Of course." He walked toward the back of the tiny house to his room and took a satchel of money from a small table. Other then a table and his bed, the room was virtually empty. He looked around with a sigh before turning to walk away. James gave his parents one last hug and his brother gave him a friendly punch in the arm before handing him a dagger with a shining, purple sheath. "The war had its benefits...take good care of it Jimmy." James smiled at him. "Thanks." He walked off out of the house and headed back to the rest.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

We have a NEW PLAYER! Go see Crunchy's profiles above.

Hmm.... Four magic users and two physical. Hmmmm...

Paul walked slowly to his house. He was greeted by his mother.

"Are you sure you'll be okay dear?" She asked. She asked that a lot.

"I'm fine, Momma," Paul answered. "If I can't beat something, I'll bet Vincent can."

"But..."

"And Loretta. Another good magic user."

His mother sighed. "You're right. But I'm still worried. There are things even magic can't defend you from."

"Momma, I am FINE," Paul protested. "I know there's a war. If we get caught up in it, it's not because we left. They would have come and gotten us anyway. Besides, who wants to spend they're whole life here?"

"....Off you go then. I've already packed your things for you."

Paul carefully opened his bag. A loaf of bread, a hunk of cheese. A lump of soap even.

"And, here," she said. She took the family sword down from the mantle. Paul's eyes widened.

"Your father died with this sword so we could live here," she said. "I hope you do not meet the same fate."

Paul took the blade carefully. He'd used it many times before, but knew it was never really his. Now it was.

"I'll take care of it. And it will take care of me," he said.

"Goodbye son," his mother said, a tear streaming down her eye as she hugged her son.

"Goodbye Momma," he answered, and went out the door.

Last edited by Spiritombs Nightmare on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((You might have to edit that post of yours. Nobody knows Isaac or Leo yet. Also, thanks for letting me join. I was thinking of making a similar roleplay or fanfic once Team Midnight was over.))

A fit young man with black spiky long hair down his black pulled the giant weeds from outside the front lawn of a small forest hut. This mystical hidden place lay deep inside the forest of the island. As the sun beat down on the shirtless lad, he tossed the weed away, looking up at the sun as he rested his arm upon his head to shade his eyes. He soon wiped it away as the sweat followed, continuing to do his chores.

Inside the hut, there was a giant old man resting in a rocking chair. He snoozed and snored like there was no tomorrow, until suddenly his routine of snoring stopped. He woke up in freight, grumbling almost gibberish until he quickly calmed down. He was in a cold sweat. His face serious, as serious as you can get, he quickly called his grandson, Isaac, inside.

Isaac, now dressed and fitted with his green and yellow Summoner Garments, stood in front of his old grandad, poised and ready for anything. “What is it, Pop? Not more chores, is it?” Isaac gave a tired drop of his arms.

“No, Isaac. I’ve brought you in concerning your destiny, my lad.”

“Destiny?” Isaac stood back up firmly. Something inside Isaac sparked up. This is what he had been waiting for his whole life.

“Yes. It is now time. Just as your mother and father, you too must finally leave the island. Something very terrible is to happen very soon, and you, among with many others, must journey together and fight this evil that will shortly fall upon the earth. Do you understand?”

Isaac dipped his head, but courage overtook him when his grandfather asked, “…Yes,” Isaac responded.

“Isaac, I am so very proud of you. You’ve shown me much dedication, courage, and bravery over these past years, and you have completed your training. You remind me of both your dear mother and your late father, and I’m sure they’re watching over you with as much pride as I have in you. Isaac, you have memorised the scriptures passed down from our family for generations, have you not?”

“Yes, I have,” he nodded, looking down in a faded smile, “It got tough at the very end though. I’m not sure I understand it all. Bahamut, Phoenix, Leviathan…”

“Do not fear, young Isaac. You will in due time,” he took an old rod from behind his back. This rod was once used by summoners in ancient times. “Isaac, stand very still. I will unlock your sleeping power. We call this power the Will of the Summoner.”

Isaac gave a confirming hum, nervous as all heck. His grandfather placed the rod onto the head of his hair, pausing for a fraction as he closed his eyes.

“Isaac, close your eyes and listen to your heart.”

Isaac softly breathed in and out, doing just so. As he listened to his heart, he suddenly became calmer. He then felt something awaken inside him, like it was just sleeping all along. He reopened his eyes to his grandfather, they both had smiling faces, but when his grandfather started to tear up, Isaac felt sad.

“Do not frown, Isaac. I am full of joy. This day reminds me of the day I awoken the Will inside your mother. Isaac, remember all the things I have taught you. Be happy, and bring light to others around you.”

Isaac nodded with a smile, “I will, Pop. Thanks for everything. I’ll come back once my journey is over, I promise.”

With a packed bag over his shoulder, and a Summoner’s Horn branded around his head, he waved his grandfather off as his grandfather smiled back. Isaac turned to run through the forest, disappearing from his grandfather’s sight.

After Isaac was completely gone, his grandfather quietly remained, just looking out. His body was fading away. He no longer needed to stay. As a gentle wind blew through the forest, he echoed his last words. “I’ll always be watching over you, too.” He disappeared.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Jag is on vacation, and said I could god-mod him for a bit.

Yellow = Loretta until he gets back.

Loretta walked slowly back towards her house. It's odd, she thought. Seems only yesterday, I was eight years old and thought I'd never want to go. Funny how I doubled in age overnight.

She walked through the village, taking in everything there one last time. She went slowly so as to savor it.

She looked at the fishers in their boats, patiently watching their nets. She saw the shepherds in the field, tending their sheep. She saw the young children, running through the streets. She saw the tide, slowly working towards the shore. She saw the birds in the trees, chirping. She saw everything there was to see, knowing that anything else would never be quite like it.

In spite of all this, she did not notice her house rising up to meet her. It seemed to materialize right inf ront of her, where previously there was nothing.

She slowly opened the door and poked her head in.

"Shhh..." her mother said softly. "Your brothers are asleep."

Loretta nodded. She slowly crept around the corner into her room.

It was rather bare. She had fewer books to study as she would like. She had frequently borrowed from Vincent. She scooped them all up and put them into a bag.

I have just noticed something. Each and every one of us was given a physical weapon, or in Isaac's case, mystical ancient powers right before leaving.

In my defense, Vincent did not ask for his. He technically stole it.

Loretta went back outside with her mother. She felt a sudden emptiness. She didn't want to go now. She knew that if she wanted to continue her studies, she would have to go. There was no denying it. Yet, inside, she wasn't sure it was worth it.

"I guess this is it then, isn't it?" Loretta said at length. There wasn't much to say.

"Yes," her mother replied. "I miss you already. Did you pack enough to eat?"

"I did, Mom," she sighed. "I can take care of myself, you know."

"I know," she replied. "Someday, perhaps you'll be where I am. Then you'll know how I feel."

Maybe, she thought.

"Off you go then," her mother said. "There's not really anything else I can do."

They hugged one last time, and Loretta walked back to the boat.

Then you'll know how I feel, she thought.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Once Isaac was free from the forest and back in civilisation, the town of the island, he felt sadness and homesickness creeping up over him. Grandpa always needed him for chores. He hoped he'd be alright without him.

Isaac walked through the town, seeing all these new faces surrounding him. Because he never really left the forest, he was kinda nervous about the whole thing.

Nevertheless, he continued until he was to reach the sole thing he was looking for, a sign or something. Thinking of the sea, he continued on toward the docks.

Reaching the docks, he saw a crafty little vessel, a boat that looked like mere children handcrafted themselves. It looked pretty solid and sturdy, and it looked like a whole heap of effort was put into it.

Isaac crossed his arms. He felt odd, like there was no where else he could go. Maybe this was his destiny.

Isaac made up his mind. He'd wait here until somebody came.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:08 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm not sure how you want to go about doing this, so I'm going to try and leave it open ended for you. Feel free to god-mod Vincent allowing Isaac's and Leo's boarding and even the leaving of the boat itself. I want to hurry this along.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Sigh, there is such a thing called interaction. Fine, I'll do it.))

Vincent and all the others met up with Isaac not too long ago after he waited. Not ever seeing Isaac before on the island, he exclaimed he lived and trained deep in the forest for this very moment and asked if he could come along, and after some words, they shortly agreed to let him join and board their ship.

Once everybody was ready to leave, they pulled the rope in and set the sail up. Straight away, the wind caught it and pulled them sailing courageously out to sea. Many islanders waved them off as they disappeared into the beautiful horizon. What danger awaited them across the sea? Nobody knew.

Moments later, when the island was not anymore in view, they decided to snack. Walking around the ship, they found a stowaway. A small child who was sleeping under a red and white feathered hat. This was Leo, the lone elf.

Tah-dah~

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thank you!

"Well," Vincent started. "It IS a bit startling to have an Elf aboard this unexpectedly. But, still, a Red Mage IS appreciated. I don't think any of us know any White Magic."

I'm going to keep an eye on him though, he thought to himself. Never can be too careful.

Meanwhile.....

Introducing The Big Bad number 1:

Name: King Deladrios
Appearance: This guy plus pointy ears

History: Not much is known about the Elf King, except that he is one of the most powerful Geomancers in the world. He somehow possesses the Earth Orb, adding to that power.

Personality: Deladrios is kind towards Elves, but is hostile towards most others. Is unkind even to his elves if they tip him off. In short, he's a mean and unhappy person.

Race: Elf
Class: Geomancer
Generic capability: 10

Other:
Black = Deladrios. Also, he tends to use a wide variety of classes, but prefers magic-users. ESPECIALLY Geomancers when he can get them.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND IT!?!"

"I-I-we-we're trying our best, Sire," the poor elf sputtered. The king's rage could terrify even the bravest, himself included. "Our magi are searching everywhere! We'll find it soon enough."

"Your best is not good enough. You Blue Magi are worthless," the king continued to rant.

The Blue Mage in question was shocked. He dared not try and counter though; Deladrios was angry enough. "We'll double our efforts! We'll find them soon enough!"

"You had better," Deladrios answered. "Or the order of Blue Magi will rue this day."

"I understand, Sire," the mage replied. He turned and left.

What item is wanted? Three guesses!

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Yay! King Soren! XD))

James stood in the back, peaking over shoulders every now and again. "An elf...how'd he get there?" He squinted. "A Red Mage too..." Hmm...a spy? But for what...Ugh, I'm probably just overthinking again.... "What's you're name anyway?"

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"I dunno, guys..." Isaac whispered to the others, "You can't exactly judge anyone by appearance..."

This elf, however, was as short as his temper. "Shut up!!" he blew up, after quietly sitting in the corner, as they were talking amongst themselves. He had enough.

"Okay, okay. I'll talk! You see, I hate your pitiful island you call a home! Too many bad memories! The harassment, the exclusion, the humiliation!! I had to get off it somehow, and I was desperate, and all the other boats were the fishing ones! And hell if I knew how to drive a freakin' boat. Listen, don't worry. I don't like you, and by the end of my little speech, you won't like me either. As soon as we hit the mainland, I'm outta here! So kindly avoid talking to me until then, and I'm sure we can peacefully avoid any conversing or hassle whatsoever. Do I make myself clear? Okay, good. Also, if any of you such as make a smartass remark on my size, expect to be swimmin' with the fishes!!"

He swang around as his red cape followed, his back now to the travellers. He bluntly looked down at the water below, "Aaaand my name's Leo. But I expect nobody cares about that."

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

What's that Jimmy? "King Soren"? Come on, help an uncultured swine out.

"Ah well," Vincent sighed. "I had hoped we might be able to assist you further."

Hehe, he says we wouldn't like him, he thought. I think I have a soul mate here. He can get a point across. He isn't afraid to. And he can back it up too. The very sort of guy you want on your side in a fight. He paused his inner monologue.

I don't think there's anything to worry about though. If he starts to like us, all the better. If not, it's five against one. There's no harm in him being here if nobody does anything stupid. He sat back and closed his eyes.

Meanwhile....

Introducing Big Bad number 2!

Name: King Dareck

History: Dareck was a simple foot soldier in the previous king's army. It was eventually discovered, much to his surprise, he was really supposed to be the ruling king. He has been doing so for twenty years now.

Personality: King Dareck is benevolent, but uncooperative. He tries to do what is best for his people; sadly, this is not always what he thinks it is.

Class: Knight
Other:
Green = Dareck. He is currently trying to swell his army so as to better defend against the Elves; in particular, he is looking for magic users of all sorts.

"What do we have so far this month, captain?"

"Well, Sire," the captain started, "We've gathered an extra hundred swords, give or take. We've also hired two mercenaries; a Black Mage and a Red Mage. Both very powerful, or so they say."

"Keep looking for magic-users, then. Try and find some sea-faring folk as well; we need an arm on the ocean. It is also imperative that we find archers; we seem to be rather short on them since our last battle," he commanded. "Especially find Blue Mages, If we can take the enemy's magic, all the better."

"I'm not sure blue magic works that way, milord, but I will search for them none the less." He bowed and left the room.

We have established our two main monarchs. Both are searching for something.

Why does that sound so typical?

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

An elf? Well stranger things have happended. I guess. He is so short. Shorty. Shorty-poo, Shortcakes, Mini. This red mage I'll have to watch. White Magic is different to me.
Loretta could have gone on for ages thinking of names for the litte elf. He didn't seem amusing. Which made it all better. She didn't want a smile to give it away.

(I'm back...totally Jet Lagged though. Sorry for short post it is 3:21 here. Anyway who is this red mage?)

Last edited by Jaguar on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((The picture, it's of Soren from Fire Emblem - and the other is Grael *smart moment* Great game))

"Heh..." James lookeda t it with a squint. I can hardly see the damned thing... He rubbed his eyes and yawned. Sea faring always made him tired. James left to go out to see over the edge, mesmerized by the crashing waves. I hope we land soon...

Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As the Red Mage grumbled away to himself, Isaac gave a quiet chuckle and left to lean over the railing by Jimmy, looking out to the horizon.

"We're sure away a ways from the island now..." Isaac murmured, frowning, "I'm kinda homesick already... I hope Pop's doing okay..."

Suddenly, the boat bashed into something and the great tremor made Isaac fall to the deck. The whole ship then suddenly stopped, and then, got yanked slightly back and towards the water. Suddenly, a giant squid-like monster emerged grasping the ship with its eight large tentacles from underneath the ship and onto the deck. It was ready to pull the ship under.

Isaac gasped, quickly scurrying to his feet.

((I think this roleplay called for it, the first boss battle in our epic saga! Up to you, Nightmare. Make this a group effort so anyone gets a shot at attacking it. </battle music>))

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ack! Kraken!

"Aaww great...." Vincent muttered. "Glad to be me today. Lightning!" He held his hands out as the bolts shot from his hands toward the squid. It roared in pain as they surged through, with Paul's sword accompanying them.(Think Force-Lightning.)

"Lightning! Lightning! Lightning again!" He was getting tired; this thing was tough.

Magic users! Start! Your! Castings!

And stabbings as the case may be!

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Yeah...I'm gonna miss them alot." The ship yanked back as Isaac was thrown to the ground. James looked up in wide eyes. "K-kracken!?" When the tentacles embraced the boat he pulled his dagger and immediately started stabbing into the thing's arms. Unfortunately it didn't seem to do much but that didn't stop its blood from running. "Damn...these things are tough!" James ran back and grabbed an armful of rocks. "I could really use some magic right now!" He threw the rock as hard as he could at the titanic monster, the lucky ones connecting.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Isaac watched as three of his friends tried desperately to defeat this monster. Isaac clenched a fist in front of him, "Okay then, this is my Will... Remora!!" Isaac ran into the fray and slid into the middle of the deck and between the tentacles. He closed his eyes in urge and outstretched his arms into the air, several blue orbs with symbols formed into the sky, twisting and landing imbedded into the ship in a circle around Isaac.

Suddenly, several mystical piranha flashed and jumped from the water and chopped into the squid-beast, constricting it from attacking his friends. Isaac watched from the sidelines and jumped back, "Let's finish it!"

Leo looked up, tilting his red hat upward in curiosity, watching the performance the humans were conducting, quite notably the former Black Mage. Leo stood up in a silent sigh, "Okay, I guess I'll help out... Just this once..."

Leo jumped beside Vincent, "Watch this for size!!!"

Suddenly, Leo pushed his arms and hands in a constricting and forceful manner, yelling out, "Thundara! Thundara!!" Two second most powerful thunder spells cast and landed onto the beast accurately. Leo's clothing and cape were shot upward as a power surged through his body, slowly floating to the ground as he took a breath before taking another shot, "Thundara! Thundara!!"

((That's the most power you can get out of Leo. Red Mages can only learn the second-most powerful spells, so Leo won't be able to learn Thundaga later on like Vincent will. Still, Leo has a good shot because Red Mages can double cast. http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Final_Fantasy_V_Jobs, if you guys wanna check it out and your jobs. It's a pretty cool site.))

Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:08 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ahh. Good idea. I was just making stuff up as I went.

Vincent stared with wide eyes as Leo started casting. Second level spells? of COURSE! Why didn't I think of that!

Not about to be out done, he started casting his own spells:

"Poison! Break! Thundara!"

As the spells sank in and the lightning bolts came, Vincent smiled and admired his work.

Gotta go now.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Nightmare, bosses don't usually get petrified. If you don't know what the spell does, don't use them at all.))

The beast groaned and moaned with each of Vincent and Leo's thunder strikes, furiously throwing its tentacles about the ship's deck.

Leo got knocked away by one of them, flying a distance away backwards and colliding into a board, finally smacking down to the deck.

Isaac ran over to help him up. It looked like Leo was grazed a fair bit.

Leo growled as he looked up at the beast, cursing his name.

As Vincent's shot a misguided lightning strike at a weak spot, its one giant eye opened revealing its greatest weakness of all.

"There! You see it?! One of you speedy-speed your way around those arms of his and thrust your blade into it!!"

((I'll let Jimmy or Loretta handle the finishing blow because they're quicker than what everyone else is.))

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James gulped as he clutched his dagger. I can do this...! He darted across the boat, immediately dropping his remaining rocks. He sped passed the raging tentacles and rose his knife up straight before launching himself into the eye, thrusting the dagger down into it. It roared and moaned loudly before the tentacles slowly sunk back into the water and it's giant head sunk slowly away. James took his bloodied dagger and wiped it across his pants before sheathing it again. He turned to the others and held up a small spike. "I got one of its horns..."

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Nice one, Jimmy!" Isaac cheered, giving a smile and a thumbs up. Thankfully, they had escaped danger, for now.

Leo grunted, placing his hands onto his stomach. He used Cure as a light green gently healed his wounds and he went down to sit by the water, "You guys were lucky I was around..." he muttered to himself.

The boat began to pick up wind again and it sailed back on course.

((By the way, Happy Late Birthday, Nightmare, hope you hope a good one. :)))

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:47 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Crunchy wrote:
((Nightmare, bosses don't usually get petrified. If you don't know what the spell does, don't use them at all.))

I know that; Vincent doesn't.

And thank you! :)

Vincent sat down with a sigh, taking deep breaths. That had been tiring; he wasn't sure if he could even keep awake.

"Remind me ... Paul, to find .... a White Mage ..... When we hit the mainland," he gasped.

Especially considering how much mana that used, he thought. I have got to learn Osmose some time. I hope there's a library somewhere.

"What about this spike?" Paul asked. "Could I see it?"

James handed him the horn carefully. He looked at it carefully. "This looks like it might fetch a shiny penny. Let's hold on to it for now," he declared as he gave it back to James. Then he took a cloth out and wiped of his sword, and sheathed it. He looked around him. The boat appeared to be okay, though the sail was torn on the edge. Beyond that, it apparently came out unscathed.

"All's well that ends well, I suppose," he said to himself, and laid down on the deck.

Buh bye.

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Don't let this die! Please?

This is what, five now that I've got?

Name: Joro
Appearance: http://i31.tinypic.com/2us8riu.png

History: Joro's past is hard to tell; his own accounts are very unreliable. He claims to have come from the sky, and refers to his "mount", "Clair", supposedly a cloud, as the one who brought him down to earth. Kind of.

Personality: Has a (very) short attention span, and is also slightly insane. He tends to mimic anything nearby at regular intervals, if you can call anything about him regular.

Race: Mime
Class: Mime
Generic capability: Depends
Other:
Yellow = Joro. Why yes, that IS a gunblade he's holding in his left hand. And yes, he will be using it and the whip. And no, the other characters aren't supposed to know what it is.

Paul leaned over the side of the boat. He always seemed to get seasick on these journeys, and the odd fish thing hadn't helped any.

He saw something big and dark colored dart down under.

What was that!? he thought. "Hey guys! I think there's something else in the water!" he shouted.

The dark thing seemed to grow as everybody ran over to the side. Then it started to lighten; it was not a fish.

It was a little kid.

He swam up towards them for all he was worth. Paul reached down towards him; he was just within reach. He grabbed his arm, and heaved him on deck.

"Ack! Faugh, hoy!" he said, spitting out water.

"Well that's the last time I try to mimic YOU, mister fish!" he shouted indignantly. He looked around at the people on the boat.

"Oh, hi!" he said.

Vincent frowned at the young boy. What a loon, he thought. Here he nearly drowned, and that's what he says!? 'Hi'? Whatever happened to thank you!?

"Who are you, and what're you doing in there?" he asked.

"My name is Joro! I was um... uh...." he trailed off as his head tilted up towards the sky. He suddenly spurted, "Lookit THAT one!"

Vincent turned to the others as Joro started jabbering.

"What do y'all say then," he said. "What do we do? I say we throw him back."

"Now Vincent!" Paul chastised. "You should know better than that. The LEAST we could do is get him back to shore. I don't know what's wrong with him, but he doesn't deserve that!"

Yes, he IS important to the storyline. Give an opinion anyway.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next