It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Great Escape 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Name: The Great Escape

Genre: Adventure/Pokemon

Rating: T (in case there's mild vulgar language and mild pain, nothing too vulgar or gorey.)

Setting: In the HQ of a band of slightly fanatic scientists and trainers on a remote island off the coast of Sinnoh continent.

Plot: You are in the labs of a group of fanatical researchers who are trying to devise a way to strip pokemon of their will and meld their minds with a trainer's so that the trainer may do better in battle. All pokemon in these labs are forced there against their will, and a few trainers as well, though most trainers there are simply fanatics. Continued experimentation has left many minds broken, and it still goes on. You are a pokemon/trainer who has been kidnapped from your home and brought to the labs. You must devise a way to escape from the islands along with other rpers and let the world know just what's going on. Trainers kidnapped have been chosen because they have a special psychic connection with the pokemon around them and can communicate with said pokemon, so trainers, you can talk to pokemon mentally, but not using your mouth, get it? The benefit of being a trainer is having advanced knowledge of type weaknesses/strengths and being a bit smarter and more tactical than pokemon.

Rules:
1. Forum rules, of course.
2. You may be either a trainer experienced in the ways of pokemon or a pokemon yourself.
3. If you are a pokemon, you can be any one you want. (not legendary though)
4. If you are a pokemon, when choosing your moveset, you may have one egg move or one TM/HM move - not one of each. If you choose not to have either, that's okay.
5. If you are a human, you have no pokeballs, but may have various other items with you.
6. I'll wait a week after I post the actual rp, then start it, unless there's less than four rpers, at which point I'll wait 'till four join (including myself). Others may join during the rp, but must have a really good entrance.
7. After one week of inactivity, you will die. =]
8. This needs to last - post as much as you want, or for that matter, as much as you can.
9. While I'm too lazy to double-check if it's in the forum rules, I'll add it anyway. NO excessive gore, NO excessive vulgar language, NO explicit $3>< scenes.
10. There must be at least two pokemon rpers, and there can be no more than three human rpers. It is not necessary for anyone to be human, btw.
11. Breaking a rule will either get you a warning or get you banned, depending upon the seriousness of the crime.

How to apply wrote:
-If Human-

Name:
Personality:
History:
Hits and Misses:
Anything Else:

-If Pokemon-

Pokemon:
Name: (Can be either nickname or actual species name.)
History:
Personality:
Hits and Misses: (EDIT: Eh-heh, I guess I should adjust that - in our part of 'da world, hits and misses is slang for likes and dislikes, though I guess you could also say it's pros and cons. Take it however you please, it's just so that we know a bit more about your character.)
Level:
Ability:
Moveset:
Anything Else: (This is where you put any abnormalities in appearance.)

Here's mine for starters.

Pokemon: {pidgeotto}
Name: Char
History: Char was found by his trainer, Sammi, a nice young woman, after trying to find shelter around a mountain filled with Camerupt. He was blown off the mountain a Fire Blast to the right wing, and Sammi found him with his entire right side charred. She brought him back to her home in a pokeball and was taken care of by the entire family afterwards. He grew close to Sammi, and together they won many battles. Unfortunately, in the country, it was easy for bad things to happen without anyone outside knowing about them. Char was defeated in battle with the fanatics and taken to what he now called Fanatics' Island. Sammi's whereabouts are currently unknown.
Personality: Blunt and harsh towards strangers, Char will trust a friend with his life and would save the life of a friend without caring for his own. Becomes overjoyed whilst eating (especially insects), and is very serious when in battle. Is easy-going around friends.
Hits and Misses:
Hits: Battle, Bugs, Flying
Misses: Betrayal, Closed Spaces, Cold
Level: 35
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset:
Quick Attack
Agility
Gust
Steel Wing (EGG)
Anything Else: His right wing in noticeably darker than his left, due to the fire at the mountain. Works fine, though.

'Das my brother. >=]

Last edited by Zapheres on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Looks to be a good RP shaping up.

EDIT:Updated Hits and Misses, also slightly altered personality
BTW:This is Dougal not Finley. Finley is the trainer, Dougal is his partner pokemon

Pokemon: Gastly
Name: Dougal
History: Though technically a part of Finley the researchers at the lab somehow managed to, at least temporarily, sever the link between the two and capture Dougal, something previously believed impossible. Although they severed the link this only removed his abilities that tied directly with Finley leaving Dougal a still impressively powerful pokemon.
Personality:Imaginative, Curious, Tactical, Easily annoyed
Hits and Misses:
Hits:Quiet, Relaxation Time
Misses:Mischeviousness, Noisy People/Pokemon, Being Interuppted, "Stupid" Questions, Repeated Questions
Level:50
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Thunderbolt(TM)
Anything Else: Grey replaces the normal purple of most gastly and he has patches along his face that match the skin tone of Finley(refer to sig or avy), Can't Evolve, Only weak versus psychic, Only immune to normal, no other type resitance or weaknesses

Last edited by Finley on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pokemon:
Name: {umbreon}
History: Umbreon was raised as a wild Eevee in his childhood but soon captured by a young child early on. Due to the child's few psychological problems, both of which developed insomnia and that's when they trained. As the child grew, so did Umbreon before long the child left and took his beloved Umbreon with them. Unfortunately, whilst flying to their destination, via plane, there was a crash and only the Umbreon survived due to the hard materials of his carrier. He now roams trying to find his way back to the simpler times of his past.
Personality: Umbreon is realistic and optimistic given the situation, sometimes he can be pessimistic if he truely sees there's no way through. As a thinker, his observation skills are some to be reckoned with but often looks into thing much more than needed. He works very well as a supporting ally in teams. A battle to him is not always a battle. With his wide array of moves, he enjoys playing with the opponenets mind rather than finishing them when he could have. This sometimes lead to defeat.
Hits: Darkness, Running, Toying with people/pokemon
Misses: Hypochricy, Heat, Liars
Level: 33
Ability: Synchronize
Moveset:
Sand-Attack
Confuse Ray
Quick Attack
Double-Team (TM)
Anything Else: Due to the plane crash, most of the left side of his body is badly scarred. Although with his dark complexion, it can only be seen within a bright light.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
This sounds very interesting

Pokemon: Electabuzz
Name: Sparky
History: Once a young Elekid, Sparky was found by his trainer, Satchel, on the ground near a mountain. It is unclear why Sparky was there, because he hit his head so hard that he can't remember anything before himself waking up in a bed at Satchel's house. A bond grew between the two, and eventually through training, Sparky evolved into an Electabuzz.
Personality: Very protective of his friends, though to others he can seem very rude,
Hits: His Friends, oponents of equal strentgh
Misses: Anyone that even attempts to hurt his friends, anyone touching his scar, weak oponents
Level: 42
Ability: Static
Moveset:
Low Kick
Thunder Punch
Thunder
Fire Punch (Egg Move)
Anything Else: He has a scar over his left eye

Also, I'm leaving for vacation tommarow, so if for some reason this starts before Wednesday, would it be fine with you to elect someone to take my place for that time period?

Last edited by XRader on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Name: Kenny "Cloud" Gray
Appearance: (Coming soon)

Personality: Cloud is a quiet guy; with his classmates, he never really talked much (see below). He has a strong sense of what is wrong and right, but will rarely voice his opinions to others. Very-much not a leader; but a follower. Inside, he is a very kind person to all people, even if they are mean to him.

History: Ever since he was a kid, he knew he was different. There was something he had that none of the other kids his age had. He could see the auras of people around him. As a child, his gift flourished,but as he did, he quickly became an outcast of his classmates, because they saw that there was something weird about Cloud, and Cloud didn't like that he was being shunned. Because of this, he never revealed his secret to anyone. He knew that if he was himself, people would make fun of him and think he was a loser. So all throughout his schooling, he was a follower of the crowd. The shadow in the corner that nobody ever noticed. He had friends of course. Well, they weren't exactly his 'friends'. They used Cloud for their own personal gain, either for a joke, or to be mean. Cloud never did anything mean to them; he just wanted to fit in.

Cloud was raised in a community in which pokemon were not part of everyday lives. In fact, pokemon were not allowed in the community Cloud lived in. (The equivalent of an Amish community today, the difference being pokemon). His parents were very strict about this. even with the mentioning of any pokemon, he would be punished. Cloud grew anxious. He wanted more than his current existence. He hungered for something new, something else. But deep inside, he longed to be himself; to have everyone accept him with his weirdness. He decided that the only way he could accomplish this was to run away, to have a new beginning. One night he packed his a pair of clothes, a flashlight, a pen with some paper, and a picture of his family. He left a left a note for his parents to find, and left his 'Amish-like' community for somewhere else.

He didn't get very far. it was night, and the visibility was low because of a surprising fog that seemed to come out of nowhere. Before he knew it, the fog had surrounded him, and it was extremely difficult to navigate through the forest he had planned to escape to. After 3 miles or so of moving in a direction away from his house, he decided to stop for the night, because he fog was just getting thicker and thicker. He put his pack down and layed his head against it, the pack lodged next to a tree.

(I am assuming hits and misses are good traits and bad traits)
Hits: Figuring out puzzles, listening, Aura-seeing (Sees person's alignment, mood, etc. And n, i did not steal this idea from Lucario, I have a friend in real life who can sense auras.) Telepathy with pokemon (required)
Misses: Not very emotionally stable, no experience with pokemon, bright lights, very easily persuaded.

Anything Else: He is called Cloud because his eyes are a strange grayish color, that almost look like clouds rolling in his eyes. (Relates to aura-seeing ability). I will be sure not to overuse his aura-seeing :)

Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:31 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, everyone's characters seem okay. I hope everyone realizes that we're gonna be waking up in the lab. If someone's got a better idea, please PM me.

Eh-heh, I guess I should adjust that - in our part of 'da world, hits and misses is slang for likes and dislikes, though I guess you could also say it's pros and cons. Take it however you please, it's just so that we know a bit more about your character. I'll edit my original post to include this. Again, sorry. ^^;

XRader, I was going to start on Tuesday, but in light of this, I'll start on Wednesday. It'll give me more time to try and plan out something for the beginning. *nervous laugh*

Finley, I saw you RP Profile on the Sticky. Very nice, very thorough. ^_^

Anyways, five characters already! I think this'll work out fine. Hopefully... ('~')

'Das my brother. >=]

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I updated my first post.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:36 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I hope it's not too late...

Pokemon: Banette

Name: Reva

History: Never knowing her birth parents as a Shuppet, Reva was raised by a Lucario couple. Although no one really knows who Reva's parents were, it's a fact that they were science experiments, due to her abnormal appearance (see below). Once she evolved into a Banette, Reva left her foster parents and roams the region, trying to find out about her parents' pasts. She was often a weak Pokemon, and always got attacked by stronger Pokemon and trainers. One day, she was kidnapped by one of the "fanatics" and taken to the strange laboratory.

Personality: Reva has a motherly nature, and always tends to Pokemon in need. She's very calm and laid back, and loves exploring. However, Reva gets angered easily, and it's hard for her to calm down once she's provoked. She doesn't realize this, and attacks others without knowing what she's doing.

Hits: Reva loves dark, cold places, and before she was kidnapped she always stayed in abandoned buildings or lurked allies during cold winter nights. She also has amazing power due to her parents being science experiments, which caused her to have an abnormally high attack power.

Misses: Dark Pokemon of course. Also, many believe that she might have schizophrenia, even though she's only a Pokemon. (I'm trying to be original here, if you don't like the idea of a Banette having a mental disorder, I can edit this.)

Level: 45

Ability: Insomnia

Moveset: Shadow Ball, Grudge, Confuse Ray (egg move), and Will-O-Wisp.

Anything Else: Reva's body is a dark forest green color, and she has a silver scar over her left eye, which has caused her to be permanently blind in that eye.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:24 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

No, I meant Wednesday next week Jaze, in case anyone else decides to join and so XRader can get back from vacation.

Rockin'? ^^;

'Das my brother. >=]

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pokemon: {dratini}

Name: DX

History: DX lived a relatively normal life. His parents wanted him to not rely on them much, so he had to get most of his food and suchy on his own. His brother bullied him at home, and one day, he went away, pretending he was just hunting. He ran, wanting to get away from everything he had to put up with at home. As he was out there, however, the fanatical researchers captured him and took him to their lab.
Personality: DX is usually very kind, but he is very shy and avoids contact with other Pokemon. He also has a nasty temper.

Hits: everything not listed in misses
Misses: Anybody similar to his brother, isolation, inability to move.

Level: 20

Ability: Shed Skin

Moveset: Flamethrower(TM), Wrap, Thunder Wave, Twister

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
Hey I'm back. And one day earlier than I thought! I was planning on coming back late today and not getting on, but I came in quite early. Thanks for being willing to wait though. Anyway, I'm going to change my Avatar so you can all see the idea of what Sparky looks like. Thanks again. :D

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:47 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is level required? if so is level 100 okay?

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:18 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

((@Finley: Erm, I'd rather you not do anything as drastic as level 100, I'd say keep it below fifty, unless you have a really good reason to have it like that. And yes, I'd like to make level a requirement, for the fact that it shows exactly how much you've trained previously. =]))
((Okay, six pokemon and one human total. Perfect. And now, on Wednesday at 2:28 am (except that I'm now posting at 1:33 pm...), we at Zaph's Roleplay & Grill bring the moment you've all been waiting for...))

=====

Out in the forest near his home, a Pidgeotto had decided to have a midnight snack. And that meant hunting. Char flew majestically over the forest, trying to spy any prey that might be hiding. Anything that moved was inspected by the bird, which wasn't hard - this bird had better eyesight than most, being able to see clearly for up to a mile.

So when the Wurmple fell out of the tree, it was the bird's big chance. It swooped down towards the bug. The Wurmple heard the air stirring and looked up to see the bird's open beak, suddenly realizing its imminent doom. It cringed, but was amazed at the events that took place next. A bolt of lightning came from nowhere, illuminating the woods, and striking Char down with one hit. The bird fell to the ground, and the Wurmple looked around, searching for his savior.

A Manectric walked nimbly out of the shade of a large Pecha tree, its eyes semingly glazed over, staring off into the distance. The Wurmple, sensing everything wrong with the situation, decided against thanking his savior and crawled speedily back up the tree. As if on cue, a pale, middle aged man walked out of the brush behind the Manectric, brushing his black, semi-long hair out of his eyes, so as to properly look upon the situation. He chuckled, rubbing the head of the listless Manectric, his lab coat laying across the pokemon's side. "Beautifully done, Manny. The bird didn't even see it coming." The man then looked up towards the stars. "Ah, the efficiency we've produced out of these mindless creatures!" the man said, as if to some ethereal being. "Instinct has been purged from their minds, so that they may be truly effficient! And we're only experiments away from linking their efficiency directly to our already efficient minds." The man began to laugh. "Ultimate perfection is within our grasp!" The man threw his arms up towards the heavens, laughing in delight. Then he seemed to snap out of his hysteria, looking back down at the bird. "And you're one more experiment, one step closer to perfection. Consider yourself lucky." He then took a strange ball out of the front pocket of his lab coat. The top was striped with black and yellow while its bottom was pure white. It seemed to glow in the moonlight. He tossed the ball towards the unconscious bird, and it was zapped inside it. Shaking a bit, it finally came to a standstill as the man reached towards it, picking it up and putting it back in his pocket. The man the snapped at the Manectric, "Let's go." and walked back off through the woods from whence he'd come. "We have yet to get this bird's trainer."

=-=-=-=

In a small white room in a lab on an island off the coast of Sinnoh, there were several items of importance. For starters, on one side was a counter, nothing special about it, just your everyday counter. That is, if you didn't count the six tiny spherical grooves and the glass box-type covers that sat off to the side of them. Then, on the other side, was a gigantic cylindrical glass container, attached to both the ceiling and floor. Also attached were tubes which ran into the wall which were pouring a purplish gas into the chamber. Inside, however, was a white seat, also attached to the floor, which held the unconscious form of of a young 14-year-old boy.

On the other walls were two identical grayish doors, one through which two men with a identical black uniforms walked in. The taller man held a leather bag, which he opened upon entering to reveal six pokeballs. As he began to put them in their places on the counter, the other man tried to make conversation.

"I heard the boss is going to try a full-power experiment today." he said.

The taller man was carefully placing the balls in the grooves. "Probably just rumor. Anything that powerful might bust some piping up there." he said, motioning towards something above the ceiling.

"Yeah, and with how flabby the boarding job in this place is, I wouldn't doubt it to break through the ceiling."

"Exactly." he said, placing the glass coverings over the balls. "He'd never try something so dumb."

"Hey, he seems a bit...crazy when it comes to experimenting with the lesser privileged." he said, motioning towards the boy in the cage.

"Yeah, but these pokemon shouldn't be wasted. I don't think he'd try anything that might destroy the minds of a set as good as, say, this." he said, placing the last casing on the sixth ball. "Look. A full party of pokemon, and a good psychic specimen. This is the kind of opportunity that you have to treat with delicacy."

"Well, I'm not saying he'd to something so rash on a group like this, but maybe another."

"Eh, I still say it's rumor." the taller man said, exiting through the door he'd come in from.

"Say, what you will, but I heard it from..." As the other man followed suit and the door closed, silence once again dominated.

But only for a moment. Far away, in a room many corridors down, a man flipped a switch, and the lights of the entire lab dimmed slightly from the power usage. Above the said quiet room, water pumped rapidly through the ceiling hoses. Unfortunately, it was more pressure than the delicate black tubes were meant to handle, and soon the tube snapped, causing a fast, small, strong stream of water to flail about, immediately eating holes in the thin cardboard-ish ceiling. Water sprayed hard everywhere in the room, even in the top of the glass cage, venting out the gas quickly into the upper parts of the lab and giving the prisoner a shock of water. The blast then strayed towards the pokeballs, and in one line, it managed to hit all the glass casings, and they quickly flew to the floor or against a wall. When it came by again, the pokeballs were knocked out of their places and thrown about in the same manner.

As Char's pokeball hit the wall, he came out with a zap. Looking around, he wondered just where the hell he was, dazed momentarily by the completely new sights around him.

((If no one's guessed, we'll all be in the same room. Yeah, yeah, "how could this just logically happen?" Just be quiet and eat your pudding. =] Also, Cloud is the guy in the cage, fyi.))

'Das my brother. >=]

Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cloud awoke with a shock. He was drenched with water, and very confused. He immediately tried to stand, but couldn't. He was chained to the cylindrical container he was in. His wrists were confined by a sturdy black chain; by which his ankles were wrapped as well. He could barely move at all, let alone get out of the strange contraption. He had no shirt on, and noticed that there were wires that were attached to his torso previously, before the water woke him up. His pants were the same jeans he was wearing when he left home, and he was barefoot. He struggled hopelessly to break free of the chains, but it was no use. There was no way he could break them, he was much too weak. Soon, the water would consume him. As the water level rose quickly up the glass cylinder, he started to truly panic. He was bound soo tightly that he could not even reach the glass to try and break it.

It seemed that all hope was lost until his strange ability kicked in. A gray film seemed to cover his eyes as he saw only the auras of other beings. While in this 'super-vision' Cloud noticed an aura in the same room as he. This particular aura was a beautiful shade of blue. It was light, yet powerful. He couldn't make out the shape of the person, but nevertheless, he knew that this person could definitely help him. He yelled out to the person, begging to be saved from his chains, as it was his last hope. The whole room was filling up fast, and Cloud knew that he needed to get out.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:09 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Another hose broke loose in the ceiling, which immediately blasted Char in the face. "DGEEY!" he cried, coming back to his senses. He effectively looked at the room now, first noticing a strange glass chamber which contained a boy whom he'd never seen. He hadn't much contact with humans previously, so he couldn't be sure this one wouldn't try and eat him. But this one seemed badly frightened, and he couldn't just leave any living creature in that terror.

Another hose blew, and then another. Water was beginning to fill the room, slowly but surely. The human would die in its chamber without protection. Char glided over to the cage...

And felt a strange sensation, as if something were opening his mind. Then a barrage of thoughts poured through that opening - fear, grief, sadness, and a hope that whatever was outside could help. Char shook his head a bit, put off by the unexpectedness. He looked up at the boy again and noticed him looking up at Char, his mouth open, yelling. Unfortunately, the sound-proof glass prevented any words getting through, and so Char sought to rectify the problem. He closed his eyes, directing all his energy to his wing. Opening his eyes, he found his darkened right wing to be more grayish in color, and hard as steel. He then looked towards the glass and used a Quick Attack, ramming his hardened right wing through the glass, shattering the glass.

As he entered, he coughed a bit as his wing returned to normal, fazed slightly by the gas around him. He then looked the boy over from a shorter distance, realizing the thoughts barraging his mind were strongest near the boy. So he used the same channel to think through. Hello? Are you okay? he thought, then turned to the other pokemon, just getting out of their balls. In his own Pokelanguage, he called out "Can someone help me undo these chains somehow?"

'Das my brother. >=]

Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cloud watched anxiously as the blue-aura person got closer to him. the glass was smashed into two straight pieces, and the person entered the cylinder. Except, now, that person was not a person at all. It was a pokemon. Cloud panicked violently. This was the first time he had ever seen a pokemon in real life. Of course, he had seen pictures in magazines and such, but not like this. Not in breathing moving flesh. Cloud backed away as far as he could from the pokemon, still bound by his chains. He screamed for help, his mind so full of different emotions and thoughts, that he did not even sense the pokemon trying to contact him telepathically. The chains rattled thunderously as he writhed violently, hoping against hope that the pokemon would not bite his head off.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:02 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sparky awoke completly wet, his scar was killing, and some boy screaming his head off. He tried to rember what happened but all he rembered was getting knocked out some how. He heard some weird voices in his head but ignored them, thinking he was just crazy at the time. But then he heard another voice. This sounded all too real to him, and he turned and saw a Pidgeotto calling to him, asking him to help with chains or something. He then saw the boy chained in some broken glass container. He got up and went over to the containment area. He looked at the chains for a bit, then grabbed them and tried to rip them apart. No good, they were to strong. He then decided to use fire punch on the chains. It would have worked, if only there wasn't water spewing everywhere. Now Sparky was getting really agrivated, with voices coming threw his head very clearly now, water splashing-about everywhere, and his lack of being able to use his full power. "Stand back," he told the Pidgeotto, as he moved the boy as far away as possible, so to not hit him with his now charging thunder punch.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DX came out of the Pokeball he was trapped in, water splashing around the room. He looked around in panic, then saw an Electabuzz preparing to use an attack, a Pidgeotto, who had backed away from a human, who was chained down. Presumably, the Electabuzz was going to break the chains. DX swam towards the Pidgeotto, staying at a safe distence.

As he approached the scene, he felt a fury of different emotions - fear, joy, sadness - and it was the stangest thing he had ever felt. He was unsure of exactly what was going on.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:34 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Char stepped back, realizing the electabuzz would try a kind of elemental punch, in this situation either ice or thunder. He gave the room another look-over: The water had begun to rise further, covering up the lower half of his torso, and was rising faster as more tubes blew. The ceiling was basically gone, its pieces floating around everywhere.

Suddenly there was a knocking at the door. "HEY! What goin' on in there?!" somebody yelled. Char immediately hopped up and glided over to the door, then throwing all his weight on it. "Guys, hurry with the kid, then help me over here!" he cried as the guards tried to open the door.

'Das my brother. >=]

Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Dougal awoke with a start. He floated quickly above the rising water before looking around. He spotted the boy, the pidgeotto, the electabuzz readying....ah crap. Dougal stopped looking around and quickly flew next to the electabuzz, "Hey if you use that move your gonna electrify the water! Let's try something a little less painful for those of us not immune to electic attacks who can't fly....." He glanced at the boy and then to the chains and floated back about a foot preparing to launch a shadow ball at the chains the stopping when he realized it wouldn't do enough damage. "Anyone got a move that won't kill us all that might break the chains?"

((I updated my original post with a level for Dougal. I just checked and likely no one's move would actually be strong enough to break the chains without electrifying the water. So unless someone can think of a way to use their moves that will improve the power or something we aren't gonna have much luck.))

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DX thought over the issue as quickly as he could. His parents taught him a good deal about using his moves and battle, and what he lacked in experience, he made up with in knowledge. He soon had a plan.

"Alright, guys. If we can heat the chains up, then cool them down quick enough, we should be able to break them. I know Flamethrower, so I'll use that. Pidgeotto, whatever your name is, you should know gust, right? Use that. If we do this quick enough, we should be able to break them with a weaker move without killing us all,"

DX used flamethrower on the chains.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cloud gasped as a ball of darkness swung by him, hitting the chain. There were now many more auras in the room, too many to count. His brain was attacked by too many thoughts and emotions, and suffered from a huge headache. He fell into a state of fear as soon as another aura blew a pillar of flames straight towards him. The water was rising fast, and it truly did seem that the end was near. The water was nearing his elbows now and he continued to struggle against the mighty chains which held him captive.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

"Yeah, I'll be there in a sec!" Knowing he'd probably get owned by whatever was outside, Char looked around for a way to block the door. The room was basically empty except for water, which was now up to his head. Studying the door, he could see no way to block it off, except for a knoby thing on the handle. He remembered Sammi telling him about doors, and how she turned the knoby thing on her own door for security. He guessed it'd be worth a try. He held the thing with his beak and twisted it, then moved away from the door slowly as if something might jump out and kill him. When nothing of the sort occurred, he breathed a sigh of relief.

Gliding back to the situation with the boy was no easy task, for now the water was halfway to the ceiling. Submerging himself, he looked at the chain, which was now red hot, an realized that he wouldn't be able to cool it down quickly with a simple Gust. Then an idea sprouted. He submerged himself and opened his eyes, stinging a bit from whatever was in the water. He then tried his best use a normal Gust. Water shot up and immediately cooled the metal.

"Okay!" Char gasped, coming up from the depths. "Electabuzz, or whoever you are, break that chain!" He then looked towards the second chain, water beginning to come up around it. Thinking was rather difficult, considering that his mind was still being bombarded by waves of fear and doubt. He looked towards the channel again, and thought, as clearly as possible, Kid, you're gonna be fine! We're trying to save you! Think happy thoughts, or we'll stop, okay?! YOU'LL BE FINE! He tried to shout in his mind at the last part, since his previous contacts seemed to be having no effect. He looked back at the Dartini. "Dragon-dude, or whatever your name is, flame this chain before we all drown in here!"

((Okay, Birdknight, did you say you had ankle chains too? 'Cuz if so, then for the sake of having fun, we'll say they magically disappeared, kk? Unless someon has a better idea - we can't spend two whole pages in one room. People would stare! >.>))

'Das my brother. >=]

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:50 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sparky uncharged his Thunder Punch and ripped the chains a part. "One down, one to go," he said, "start working on the next one and I'll see what I can do about the door." He was able to slowly make his way over to the door and examine it. Then, with all his might he punched it off the hinges. "Pathetic," he said to himself, "they that they can stop us." At that, he walk back to the kid, with some water starting to flow out.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DX smiled as water began to flow out through the door. Still, water was flowing from the broken pipes, and the water was still rising, though slower. DX used flamethrower on the second - and last - chain. He quickly turned around to help break down the door.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next