It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Pokemon Island 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Roleplay Name: Pokemon Island
Roleplay Genre: Pokemon

Setting: On an island that humans have not developed yet, roughly 15 squarre miles in size

Plot: When humans find pokemon island, they immidietly try to develop it. The Pokemon there must stop humans from destroying their beloved jungle.

Application Form:

Species:
Name:
Moves:
Appearence:(state difference from standard)
Other:(Anything else you'd like us to know)

Aditional Rules:

Standard forum rules
You can't be a legendary pokemon, though ancient ones, like aerodactyl, are allowed
I reserve the right to reject you for any reason
Don't take control of the plot
Put that your character likes alfalfa milkshakes in the other section
Please only apply to use one character. People switching the characters they're using confuzzles me

My character:

Species: Tropius
Name: Xaviar
Moves: Giga Drain, Roost, Aerial Ace, Earthquake
Appearence: Leaves/wings have small, red berries at their bases
Other: An older pokemon, he has trained in battle for years. He is Known as the one of the strongest Pokemon on the island, competing only with Tor, a Skarmory, and Cerulea, a Milotic.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
Species: Absol
Name: Inarex
Moves: Night Slash, Thief, Me first, Dark Pulse
Appearence: She is smaller than a normal Absol by a lot. Also, the gray on her body is a very dark blue, almost black, and her eyes are the same color.
Other: She is serious, loyal, and determined; she is young but had been training since a young age. She is somewhat experienced, and a strategist, which helps her win a lot of her fights.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Accepted :D Let's go with 3 more people and we can start.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

-Species: {charmeleon}
-Name: Shard
-Moves: Will-o-wisp, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, and, Hidden Power (Psychic)
-Appearance: Several scars from his days of fighting, but other than that, a normal-looking charmeleon.
-Other: *Male
*16 years old
*In the years that have gone by, Shard has mellowed down a bit from his former completely arrogant self to a milder level of cockieness.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Species:Arcanine
Name:Blaze
Appearence:His fur his brighter than most Arcanine.
Moves:Crunch,Extreme Speed,Flamethrower,Flare Bitz
Other: Young but expirienced, Blaze is outgoing and thinks of himself as one of the toughest on the island. He is mostly friendly with other four-legged pokemon like him.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((You're both accepted. I'll accept more if people ask, but let's start))

Xaviar flew into the air, looking around. Pokemon were patroling the area for danger, as they had discovered strange creatures who captured Pokemon in strange orbs and used them as servants. they had one instance where it was Cerulea's Hydro pump that saved the island from being found, as it caused them to turn away without them noticing.

The day was fairly normal, and he decided to check on the younger Poekmon and their battle practice. Xaviar couldn't remember their names well, but he remembered some with unique personalities.

First up was a trip to the plains faction of the island. He looked around and saw a young absol.

"Hello." he said "How are you today?"

((Oh yeah, a faction is a section of the island. There's a rainforest, a volcano/mountain, a cave, and the plains))

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
I stopped walking and looked up to see a slightly older Tropius, and smiled, automatically straightening up. It wasn't often to see such a noble pokemon on the plains.
"Hello. I am fine, I sense that nothing should go wrong today. You?" I felt my heart go cold by hearing the today part, but ignored it...I didn't know if it was a good thing or not to have the ability to forsee horrid events...
I shook off my thoughts, and looked towards the ocean.
"Beautiful, isn't it? I was on my way back to the forests." I turned to the Tropius. I had a habit of memorizing names, especially of the noble kinds of pokemon.
Noble pokemon were those who acted noble, of course, and others who seemed full of wisdom as elders. The odd thing was that only a few types of pokemon used that type of system of respect. Absols did, but I always found myself treating everyone as a noble, and nobles as elders.
My mother always did say that I was almost too respectful, before she and my father were captured. It never bothered me to being sad, but I did think of them often. Ever since they were taken, I had trained.
I didn't think I was so strong, but younger children, (I was like a teen), always looked up at me as a strong and serious type. I shook my head again.
"I need to check on something in the forest. Then I'll make my way back to rain forest." On this island, the factions had what seemed like clans in them, I guess. It was unspoken, (I think), but everyone cared for those who lived nearby. It was like the clans, only that everyone was allowed to go everywhere, although they all went home in the end. If not, others would worry.
"So, any sign of the creatures lately, Xaviar?" I asked the Tropius.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Species: Vibrava {vibrava}
Name: Carla
Moves: Dragonbreath, Quick Attack, Bite
Appearence: Not really anything special. "It's whats inside me that counts."
Other: Carla is generally shy around new people, but can get easily excited. When she's angry however, she can really 'pack a punch'.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shard rested on his back on the sandy beach.

"Ahhh. This is the life. No worries, a full stomach, and plenty of rest."

Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
Seems fun...

Species:Murkrow
Name: Eto
Moves:Haze, Drill Peck, Night Slash, Roost.
Apperance:A typical Murkrow; dark blue-black body, red band around the tail and a yellow beak.
Other: An avid flyer, Eto has earned himself a reputation as one of the best flyers on the island. He dislikes fighting, often employing strategic maneuvers to outsmart his opponents.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mind if I join Thunder_Dude I wont steal the plot, I promise :lol:

Species: {eevee} What!? Not that Big Red Lizard dragon-thing!! :mrgreen:
Name: Dark
Moves: Dig, Shadow Ball, Bite and Quick Attack
Appearence: Fur is a deeper color of brown than usual
Other: Dark was given his name shortly after he was born. His fur was a dark chocolate like brown, Because of his appearance he's rather withdrawn even though he is treated normally in the village, he felt a bit of an outsider when he visits the other factions. He is stubborn and always rises to a challenge, he hopes one day to evolve into an Umbreon.

Hope that's good enough T_D

~Death

^Click to Visit Pokemon Cobalt^

Last edited by Deathseeker on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Can I please join your rp?

Species: Umbreon
Name: Luna
Moves:Moonlight, Mean Look, Dark Pulse, Dig
Appearence: Blue rings replace her yellow ones.
Other: She's a loyal friend, and observes other people in her home, the rain forest faction, when she's bored. She and Inarex are aquantinces, but she's pretty well known for her reliability and trusting.

~Kiki and Stella

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((My internet went down, thus my inactivity. Y'all are accepted. We are now closed to new members))

"No, Cerulea and the Feebas would see them, and I'd have no clue they were ever here. I like it that way." I said, looking around.

"Although, Tor was showing some younger Skarmory the place where they live, and they seemed to be about to launch a boat. It has a ton of those orbs in it, and we're very concerned. Could you tell people that we're going to prepare to stop them?" With that, I flew off to spread the word. Tor should be able to handle the mountain faction, and the water Pokemon would likely all know by now, but the rainforest was currently in the dark. I flew in that direction and began alerting people of our operation.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I nodded and walked back to the plains faction. I found a mother of two young Igglybuffs, and walked up to her.
"Ma'am." I said, and bowed. The Wigglytuff bowed back.
"What is it?" She asked. I looked back up to her.
"Elder Xaviar has asked me to warn others that me may have to prepare to stop the humans. Can you help me spread word?" The Wigglytuff nodded. "Of course, dear. I'll warn those in the South plains." With that, she waddled off, and I turned to take care of the Northern plains.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Carla loved being able to fly. She'd always drfept of it when she had been a Trapinch, and now she could, and it felt wonderful. She soared through the sky above the forest, when she spotted Inarex. She flew down, hoping to have some sort of a chat. As she got close, she realised Inarex looked busy.
"What are you doing today?" Carla asked from behind Inarex making her jump slightly.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I jumped slightly from the noise behind me and tensed. I then recognized the speaker and sighed, relaxing my shoulders. I turned around. "Carla, you shouldn't do that. Some day I might turn and hit you with my scythe." I smirked a little, and then looked around.
"As for what I'm doing? I met Xaviar earlier today. There's a boat launching out of the creature's turf, and it has a lot of those orbs in it, and so I'm helping him warn others to prepare, just in case they attack."
I looked away. "He's doing the rain forest, and the other elders have the seas and the mountain factions. You could help me with the Northern plains, or warn another faction." I looked at Carla.
"Afterwards, we simply need to warn the caves, and the sub-factions."
((What I mean by that is that we have to warn the areas that aren't any of the ones listed, like a snowy area or something, or ones that are half and half. Is that okay, Xaviar?))

Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Carla sighed. "You know me, I'm too shy to go warn them. There's got to be a quicker way of telling everyone... Oh, and don't go slashing everyone who makes you jump out of your skin you maniac! You could have someone seriously injured." Carla grinned, then she jumped up again and began to hover. "I think, though, that I might be more use near that boat, with the orbs on. Maybe I can save a few." Then Carla flew off towards the coast.

When she got there, she easily found the boat and bean to fly towards it, when one of the creatures appeared from behind a bush, carrying four of the orbs. When he saw her, he flung one of them at her, and a red capture-beam came out.
"I didn't think of that!" She cried, as the beam soared towards her.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Blaze woke up in the Volcano faction. "Time to visit Xaviar." Being a Arcanine he ran very quickly to the Plains where he heard Xaviar was last seen. The trip took 10 minutes. Instead he spotted an Absol. "Hey!, my names Blaze. Have you seen a Tropius go by?"

Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I grimaced as Carla left before I could stop her. "She'd better not get captured." I murmured before turning to see an Arcanine come up.
"Hey! My name's Blaze. Have you seen a Tropius go by?" I nearly resisted rolling my eyes, and hoped that he hadn't seen the results of me trying. "You know, I do happen to know who Xaviar is." I said dryly. Just because I'm young doesn't give people reason to treat me that way.
"I talked to him earlier, but he's busy. You know what? I'm busy too." I tilted my head. "Didn't you see Tor? He should have warned the mountain region by now...anyhow, Xaviar is warning the rain forest region about the creatures' activity while I warn the Plains. So yeah, he's a bit busy. If you want to help, you can help me, since I'll be meeting up with Xaviar when I finish anyhow." I concluded, and turned away, walking up to a young Ponyta and her father. I bowed, and told them about the warning.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
((What I mean by that is that we have to warn the areas that aren't any of the ones listed, like a snowy area or something, or ones that are half and half. Is that okay, Xaviar?))

((yeah, that's good, I forgot about the snowy faction. The other stuff is good too.))

I flew around to various Pokemon, warning them of the activity and telling them to continue spreading the word. The rainforest was known to spread gossip quickly, and this would likely spread in a similar way.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I walk around watching the other pokemon. As I watched, I noticed a pokemon running around telling everone something . The strange thing is she looked familiar. As I slowly walk over, I was wondering if it was really her. Not sure, I sat down as I watched her.

~Kiki and Stella

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
" Did ya hear the news?" the Pidgey asked its companion, another Pidgey, as they perched on a branch overlooking the forest below.

Blinking in confusion, the smaller of the two gazed back at its companion, imploring him to go with his news.

" Well,"adopting an air of superiority, the Pidgey continued," seems that we got 'humans' coming around, heard it from Wigglytuff. Apparently event the Elders are concerned...best to stay away or else they get you..."

" Get you? How?"

" They have these weird orb-things, I heard they can trap you in one forever!..so best to be careful...."

Unbeknowst to the two Pidgey, their conversation had been overheard by another. With a fell swoop of wings and a rustle of feathers a dark blur launched itself into the sky, startling the two in the process.

Eto was deeply troubled by what he had overheard. Humans on Pokemon Island? The very thought seemed ridiculous and yet...it seemed to be true. What could it all mean?

With a flap of his wings and a sharp swerve, Eto flew on. In the distance he could see something flying..it seemed to be a...tree? (Tropious)

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I noticed a Murkrow and quickly began to explain the issue at hand.

"We need everybody to prepare to defend the borders." I said, then flying away. I figured I had told enough people to where the entire rainforest would know withen the next half hour, so I decided to meet with Tor and Cerulea.

Tor was flying around the mountains, warning people of the activity.

"Tor! How are things going?"

"Not bad, most people know. We're done here."

"Good. The plains and rainforest factions are good, too. You go to the cave faction. Cerulea's likely done with the sea and is in the snow faction. I'll get to work on the plains again."

"Sounds good. Let's move."

With that, the two moved quickly to their designated factions.

((Cerulea can get to the snow faction because there's a frozen lake there that has holes in it.))

Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dark walked slowly over the plains to the forest faction.

Time for some practice...

He stepped amoungst the trees at the very edge of the faction, looked back to the plains then started walking in deeper and depper until the forest, until the sunlight filtering through was only a dark green glow from the canopy above.

Now this is how I like it...

He looked around himself and quivered with delight as the darkness surrounded him. Dark walked out into a clearing and found what he was looking for. The battered tree looked very dark in contrast with the trees around it. It's trunk was covered in fallen leaves. Dark looked around the clearing and stopped a few feet in front of the tree, watching it's remaining leaves flapping weakly in the breeze.

"Time to go..." Dark took a deep breath and summoned up a dark ball of energy in his mouth and launched it straight at the tree. Launching himself towards the ground as he did so.

The last of the leaves floated slowly down as the ball of energy hit the tree shaking it down to it's roots. Dark launched himself up out of the ground and streaked towards the tree at an incredible pace, leaving a blur of light behind him. Dark bashed into the tree and jumped nimbly back to his starting position staring hopefully at the tree.

Come on... Come on...

The tree made a small creaking sound and suddenly fell backwards, it's roots hanging weakly from the trunk. Dark looked at the uprooted tree in delight.

"Four days!" He yelled in triumph "Only Four Days!"

Dark danced around for a while and then stopped suddenly composing himself.

Ok Four day's is good... but I can do better... I have to do better

Dark walked slowly away from the clearing deep in thought.

(I'd appreciate it if I wasn't talked to or seen by anyone :wink: )

^Click to Visit Pokemon Cobalt^

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Carla was sucked into the orb. In a hurry to escape, she barged into the side of the wall. Rumours said you had three attempts to get out before you were stuck as a slave of the creatures. At the first smash, she briefly saw the beach again, but was still inside the orb. She soared at the wall again, but this time it nothing seemed to happen.
One more attempt. That's all. She thought as she hurled herself with all her might at the edge of the ball. And then she felt herself topple out of the ball.
The creature had got out another one to try again, but this time she was ready. She dodged the beam then fired a DragonBreath at the creature. He yelped and ran back into the woods.
Now, to get back to rescue mission? She pondered. She eventually decided she couldn't risk it, and flew back into the forest.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next