It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Beings of Death>>Advanced Roleplay 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
Roleplay Name: Beings of Death

Roleplay Genre: IDK, whatever we make it. Probably fantasy or sci-fi. I'm trying to mix them, watch out!

Rating: Probably Image due to the themes (demons!) and the possibility of genocide.

Setting: The remnant of the Earth after World War 12, humans have made way to the ancestors of their mutated forms and ghosts. It is a bleak wasteland except at the borders what's left of the sea where giant nuclear rain forests and salt mountains exist; the wasteland in the hot climates is active volcanic land with boiling geysers everywhere, in the cold it is freezing desserts.

Plot: The Earth is in ruins, humans have finally destroyed the world and themselves in one mighty swoop; all that's left is the last ancestors of the mutated humans, their ghosts, the angels of earth, the servants of death (reapers) and demons. Despite millenniums of turmoil the Earth has finally regained a fragile ecosystem from the few plants and animals still left, even new animals, like the salt mite, have showed up. The future, if not bright, exists for life on this forlorn planet. But now, spirit-beings from another planet have finally arrived-centuries late-to destroy what they consider a mess. These spirit-beings are called Uni and they consider themselves the "junkmen" of the universe, they are the ones who destroy solar systems with no hope for life, leaving black holes in their place. Since Mars was destroyed after World War 7 and Earth seems to have no hope to them, they are here to implode the Sun. But first, they are destroying the last remains of life on Earth so no resistance can be met and to calm the aura pathways (that flow through the universe) near their implosion spot, they are stronger that way. This story starts when the Uni first arrive and make known the first stage of their intentions by killing off one of the few tribes of mutants. The demons have joined them as it is their goal to disrupt the "balance" of the world, the reapers are mostly neutral but somewhat against other beings taking their job, the angels are against and the mutants and their ghosts are mixed.

Now it is up to a small band of these beings (excluding the demons) to form and stop the Uni, but they have the Devil against them, it won't be easy. Will they succeed or will the solar system be destroyed? That is yet to be decided (seriously, I may kill the world off and move the story to a changed sequel).

Additional Rules/Notices:

You must be a reaper, angel, mutant, ghost or demon.

If you are a demon you must go against the protagonist group.

You cannot be an Uni at this time.

You may only have one character per side, at least at the start.

You may do pretty much whatever you want with these characters, but generally I define the charecters fighting styles as following:
Reapers: Physical fighters with spirit weapons and etc.
Angels: Special fighters with control of the elements and etc.
Mutants: Super powered and deformed humans basically, go crazy.
Mutant ghosts: Ghosts can fly and pass through physical stuff, unlike their mortal forms they can only have one other power. You can make these based off any fantasy character in you imagination if you want.
Demon: They fight like Lucario, kind of special, kind of physical.
Uni (when/if they become available): To be determined.

Due to how easily this can be abused I will only allow advanced role players.

I don't care what you are, you can die and you can get injured like a mortal.

Everyone can see everyone else in the absence of the effects of an ability.

If you make a mary sue out of an angel I will beput a dunsparce {dunsparce} - very angry :evil: .

No godmoding, literally-in your message- or figuratively.

At least include the following about your-if you read the rules. character, but feel free to include more:

Quote:
Name:
Appearance:
Species:
Abilities: (powers)
Personality:
Brief History:
Side: (only necessary for reapers, ghosts and mutants)

All rules of the forum and forum site apply additionally of course.

My profile(s):
Name: Jonathan Lok
Species: Angel
Appearance: He takes the form of a human on earth. Brown, strait, short hair. Mexican/South American skin color. Green/Blue eyes.
Abilities: Control of any solid in a radius of 6 feet (2 meters) from his skin. Can fly in a strait line perpendicular to the gravitational force or descend, he cannot ascend, so he can only fly from how far he can jump off of something. Able to immediately analyze and memorize the fighting style of any being.
Personality: He is generally light hearted and boisterous, but if the situation is dangerous then he becomes very serious and severe. He has become very worried recently though, because the situation is a bit past danger.
Brief History: When he was alive, he was a solder in WW12; so he knows the fray of battle. At 1300 human years of death, he is young for an angel. He has been on Earth all his time as an angel and so is a bit more concerned about it’s fate then the other angels; also, he has not seen as much destruction as they have so such mass genocide is more serious to him. During his time as an angel he has worked on stabilizing the volcanic land gradually, trying to make it more hospitable for life. When he heard about the destruction of the mutant tribe he was shocked, he knew the tribe fairly well. Right now, he is trying to find some way to stop the Uni from killing more innocents.

Name: Blackclaw
Appearance: He is a bit taller than the average human when stretched up to full height, he has black spines the size of hairs covering his body, except for his spine which has a ridge of large spins that goes over the middle of his skull to the top of his head too. Underneath his skin is gray and bumpy. He takes the appearance of something resembling a human, but his face is more snake-like and he is more hunched over to be mistaken for one. He also looks starved with his belly pulled taught against his rips, but in reality he always looks like that. His hands and feet are a bit larger and contain black claws. He has no hair and has blue eyes. (A bit like a large, black, spiny, Smeagel/Golem)
Species: Mutant
Abilities: He is able to manipulate the spines/hairs covering his body and his claws to stand strait like a porcupine, he is able to make them longer to an extent and able to shoot with the speed of a 50 caliber bullet, and regenerate them immediately. He is incredibly strong and fast, his instincts are so inherent with his mind that he has reactions that are unmatched to any being. His spins are made of very hard keratin so if he keeps them laid back he has something of an extremely flexible shell. He can reflect light with the shiny reverse side of his spin/hairs so that he can become almost invisible.
Personality: Ruthless and self-absorbed. He interacts with his comrades in a matter that would think he had a personal grudge against them, the only exception is when he is coordinating in a hunt. His few interaction with his enemies is actually a bit more friendly-sounding, if you ignore the words He is a bit insane (as a lot of mutants have become) and thinks of nothing but death and pain for his enemies.
Brief History: He lurked the salt mountains for 200 years, preying on whatever he could; it was the only place and thing he ever loved. Eventually, a group of mutants drove him from his home in order to claim the hunting grounds. Thus, he has turned to hate all mutants and sleeked their destruction. Eventually, the demons twisted him to think that all other creatures were the enemy and he served them for 50 years, rising in the respect of demons. He is now an honorary demon and, although there is no formal military system applied to non-demons, most other demons at least respect him. He has joined the Uni with the demons in hopes of destroying all his enemies, even if it destroys himself in the process. He is now something of a general for the growing mutant army.
Side: Antagonist

Last edited by dunsparce on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:15 am, edited 10 times in total.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sounds interesting:

Name: D (I'm very inventive as far as names go...)
Species: Reaper
Appearance:
Reaper form
Human Form: Caucasian, Fairly Tall, Slim Build, Black Hair, Black eyes, wears Black Jeans, Black shirt and Black Jumper
Canine Form: (though D's version would look have a different expression) Very strong physically, very speedy, though very weak to ranged attacks.
Can only change between forms every half-hour (a lot of posts or something like that...)
Abilities: Able to create and/or summon weapons in an instant, he can generate a maximum of two weapons at a time and only simple weapons (swords, daggers, scythes, no guns... I hate guns...) can teleport short distances
Personality: Is very independant, self-reliant, works alone and despise's the Demons
Brief History: When he was a human he was a soldier in WWVII, he was a ruthless killer and destroyed anyone in his path, once even his own General, after which he was outcasted from the army. He then joined the opposing army to seek revenge. He was killed in battle when his former allies recognised him and set upon him. Ever since he bacame a reaper he has become much more secretive and stealthy, after learning from his army experience.
Side: Against the Uni (Down with the university!)

Edited again, :lol: and I know why you chose {dunsparce} as your username, DUNSPARCE FTW!!

~Death

^Click to Visit Pokemon Cobalt^

Last edited by Deathseeker on Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Deathseeker wrote:

For the History, are the reapers also human remnants, so do I have a human history, or do I just exist as a reaper?

~Death

Whichever you want. A human history will exist but weather or not you want your character to "remember" it or even if you want to include it is up to you.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Dunsparce, this sounds like one of the best RPs ever.) (Forget the telekineisis.)

Name: Jet

Species: Demon (I love being the bad guys)

Appearance: 6 foot 5, his body looks like it has black armor but it is his skin. He also has razor-sharp claws. His face looks like a dragon skull. He his pretty strong.

Abilities: Has retractable wrist blades (like Baraka from Mortal Combat) and has the abily of teleporting . he also carries a serrated sword.

Personality: Jet is a ruthless demon with great abilities. He is cold-blooded and despite not being one of the strongest demons, he has his intelligence and abilities. He also doesn't trust Unis, thinking they may backstab them. He is too confident sometimes which causes life-threatning mistakes.

Brief History: Always a demon, Jet rose through the ranks of the demon army. His quick rise made some demons jealous making his life harder than it should be.

Oh, now I see, {dunsparce} Your clever, too clever...

Last edited by paco25_007 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Your profile seems fine but I have seen your past role playing participation, it isn't especially encouraging, you seem to have a bit of a problem with "winning" the rp and m/bary sues. I want you to make sure to focus on making the story interesting, not on having your character come out the best. Also, keep in mind that this is going to get a bit "deep". And about the telekinesis, anything near range of the "Phoenix" of X-men 3 is a big no-no.

Oh, and I need a brief history; I meant you don't have to include a human part to it, not skip the whole thing.

Providing you apply those you would be accepted. You're not now because I need you to read the rules very closely and edit your post accordingly (this latter goes for you too Deathseeker).

P.S. Sorry for the lecture, my rps are important to me; and this one more so judging from the range it can be abused.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's fine Dunsparce, I'll give myself a bit of histiry, and I'm planning on putting some restrictions on my 'weapon summon'. I was also wondering if my character would be able to transform into a canine form (kinda like Arcanine) but can only change forms (through any of the tree) once every half-hour, (which is of course quite a number of posts)

~Death

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That's good, you can do the canine thing, just one problem: you still haven't read my RP's additional rules closely enough. Just pm me once you figure it out and edit accordingly. That's all both of you guys need to do to be accepted, you're both missing the one crucial element.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ah, ok I got it now, I'll edit it into my character.

~Death

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Goody, you're accepted Deathseeker.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So... do we start now or wait for more applicants, I might be able to get more applicants if so

~Death

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

We'll start tomorrow afternoon (est) but more people can apply after that, if you can get applicants then please do. I was hoping on getting three more.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Please excuse the double post, I just want everyone to see this.

Now we begin, anybody who wants to can join at any time before the climax. We start out before the tribe has been massacred and before any of the protagonists meet.

Blackclaw for me is underlined, I suggest all antagonist characters do the same.))

Jonathan stood on the crevasses edge, looking into the chasm below. It had been two days since the reports of strange spirit beings had first come in, he hoped that they were really heading towards this place. If there really were other spirits coming, he would have to know their intentions. Jonathan sighed; nothing for it, he would have to go into the cavern. Jonathan lept of the edge. When he had counted to three he stopped his descent and drifted over to the side. "Might as well visit the Hornies tribe while I'm here." he thought. He had good relations with the Hornies, and Jonathan was hopeful; they seemed intelligent enough to actually start a society. He reached the side and began walking along the crude path into the side of the chasm.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Two days earlier.

Blackclaw hissed at the demon approaching him, it was rude for a stranger to enter another's territory without an offering, even the demons knew that. But this demon was completely devoid of meat. The spikes on his back rose, he would have attacked by now if not for the deformed scar on the demon's forehead; he was a messenger for the devil, and he may have important news. The demon stopped eight feet away ((two and two thirds a meter)), just out of arm's reach, and began. "I carry a message from the destroyer and lord of all to the human morph called Blackclaw, are you he?" Blackclaw growled and nodded. "Very well then, the message is more of a recruitment. The destroyer has received word of a race intent on ending life on this planet, and he has ordered all earth-bound demons to assist them, as well as any allies besides those. You, Blackclaw, are ordered in accordance with this to depart to the west canyon to help with the first strike. Failure to do so means one thousand years spent in the inferno." Blackclaw thought about it for a minute, end of all life? If that included his many enemies here then he supposed it was all right. And besides, he wasn't planning on serving the devil as a mortal much longer anyway. "Fine then, is there anything else?" he said. "The destroyer has nothing else for you, no." the demon replied. Blackclaw rolled his eyes, all of this nonsense with calling the devil the "destroyer", this guy was obviously a newbie. "Bye then." the demon said and started walking away. Yep, defiantly a newbie, turning his back like that. Blackclaw crouched and sprung at the demon, not making a sound. Blackclaw stabbed him first in the spine so that there would be no struggling, then he stretched his arm around and reached for the demon's throat.

Last edited by dunsparce on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(ugh... I had written a MUCH better RP post, but my computer suddenly shut down and I lost it all... )

D walked slowly down the ruined street, his velvet paws making no noise on the dusty, uprooted pavement. He looked around at the some of buildings still towering above him and at the yawning gaps. He had been wandering these ruins for a week now, wondering what had compelled him to venture back to his place of birth.

D stopped infront of the largest building and strode up to the door. He placed his paw on the door and felt something behind it. D took a few steps back and charged straight at the door. The door and the tables and chairs behind it went flying towards the far wall at the end. D walked slowly onto the building, his Canine body forming down into a smaller human body. D glanced slowly around to room, he looked at the the skeletons laying mangled on the floor and atop tables.

D walked swiftly over to the door leading upstairs, he tested it with his hand and felt that it wouldn't budge. D held his hand out stared at the door as thick black smoke appeared hand, running his arms length out of his hand. The smoke cleared suddenly leaving a long gleaming sword in his hand. D rose the sword and slipped it in through the space at the side of the door. He pulled the sword down sharply, snapping the rusty lock and cutting right through the bolt on the otherside.

D pulled the door open, moving out of the way as a skeleton fell beside him, smashing into a messy pile of dusty bones. D looked up the dark stairway. He lifted his sword and the blade suddenly shone out brightly, lighting up the far corners of the foyer. The reaper stepped over the mass of bones that was a skeleton and walked slowly up the flood lit stairs, wondering if this building was going to be any different from the rest.

(If anything in that post is too bad or anything, tell me and I'll edit it straight out)

Last edited by Deathseeker on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
This looks fun; let’s hope that it doesn't die within the first few pages. Anyways, here I go...

Name: Yagami
Species: Reaper
Appearance: Typical flowing black cloak with pale golden eyes. Fairly tall and slim, the dark black cloak gives him a very predatory raven-like appearance. (Human forms/history is not necessary, correct?)
Abilities: His major abilities center around the concept of dreams. He is like a leech in the sense that he feeds and thrives on the dreams of those around him, the more horrid and intense the dream the greater the taste. While the opponent is in this dream state, Yagami can influence his dormant mind and essentially trap them in the dream. The downside of this ability is that, much like a heroine addict, the more dreams he consumes the greater the lust to eat more. His taste can never be satisfied, making him a vampiric dream eater.
The second ability is that of illusion casting. Fairly simple, the illusions he casts are not real in the physical sense of the word, rather they are intangible and affect the psyche.
Personality: Fairly sardonic and secretive, he sees no great value in friendships and has trust issues.
Brief History: He was a psychiatrist who specialized in dream therapy when he was still a human. The majority of his past life is a mystery, even to him. He has no definite clue as to who he was, the knowledge lost somewhere in the dark crevices of his mind. (Memory lose)
Side:Protagonist.
Other: He is weak to close range combat, preferring instead to cast distant attacks.

(If anything looks wrong, let me know.)

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
I'm sorry but I really don't have the time to go over every little detail at the moment, I have a Civics exam tomorrow that I haven't studied for...Anyways, just point out my mistake and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet stood on top of a ruined building looking at a burning city. Two demons stood beside him as bodyguards. Jet looked at one of them. "Are all of the mutants in this pathetic city dead?"

"Yes sir, all of them." replied the hulking demon.

Jet nodded. "Good, both of you leave me be now." Jet said in cool tone.

"Sir, there is a messenger for you." replied the other guard who was exiting.

"Very well." Jet turned around to see a tiny demon. "What is pitiful message, you pathetic waste of my time."

The messenger quaked in fear and stammered. "The Ruler of All wa-a-ants you to assist a race that is wa-a-anting to de-e-stroy Earth."

Jet walked towards the pitiful wretch. "Fine and next time don't stammer." Right as the demon bowed and was about leave. Jet replied. "Too bad there will not be a next time!" Jet stabbed the demon in the back with his serrated sword and then broke it's neck. "Why would the Ruler choose you as a messenger?"

Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jonathan strolled along inside the Hornies enterance tunnel. "Hmmm..." He thought, "It looks like the Hornies are out hunting, it's rather inactive here." But something was bothering him, he had already passed the place where the outer rim of the tribe lived, he should have met the guard there. "Must be a big hunting party." He guessed. But there was still something strange...

Jonathan walked a few more miles ((kilometers)) and then he suddenly stiffened. He had reached the secound rim, where the Hornies generally fought, trained their pups and otherwise lived; but there wasn't anybody there. "Strange, by now I should have encountered at least one of them. The always like challenging me. But there's no one here..." he thought "Where could the be?". He continued on, running now; he had to find out what was happening.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Earlier that day.

Blackclaw grinned into the deep crevice. The west canyon, an what a place for bloodshed. Then, he heard a noise behind him. He whirled around and saw a demon sneaking up on him; he hissed. Suddenly the demon straightened up from his stalking. "Sorry Blackclaw, I had to try didn't I?" the demon asked. Blackclaw just growled, but did not spring. "Idiot Basaka, always trying to get rid of me." he thought. "You leading this mission?" Blackclaw then asked. "No," Basaka grinned "we both are." Blackclaw winced, he hated working with this guy. "Most of the troops are down there." Basaka continued, "Why don't we join them?" Blackclaw grunted and then they both started climbing quickly down the edge.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

D walked slowly up the dark narrow stairs. He looked up at the very slight slither of light filtering into the stairway through the only window that hadn't been destroyed. He reached the top of the stair and pushed lightly at the blast door blocking his way. The door was jammed and wouldn't budge. The reaper stepped back and shot his fist out at the door amazingly fast, throwing the door back until it hit the wall.

D looked around the inside of the building. He remembered when this whole city was bustling with people, before the destruction of Mars, before the nuclear assualts, before the reapers. He walked over the skeletal remains that had fallen out from under tables. He walked around untill he found another set of stairs.

D walked up the stairs and destroyed the door at the top. He found himself in a large lobby area. The place was perfectly preserved. The velvet carpet under his feet was still soft. The chairs were still sound. D looked around the room suspicously. There was no sign of decay, or rotting, every detail was perfect.

He raised his sword and walked across the lobby. Glancing around at the still room as he went. He brought his sword down on one of the doors. The door fell away and he walked in. The room was perfect just like the other one. The light filtered lightly into the room.

What in the world is going on here?

(Dont you just love suspense :wink: )

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]