It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Legacy of Spira {Still Accepting!} 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Shirn stepped outside after hearing his Mauthe Dogs growling, "Who's there?" He glared directly at the stranger, but held his pendant, Do not attack just yet, if he becomes aggressive, attack "What do you want here?" The Gwyllgi in charge of the Mauth Dogs responded to Shirn If you think it is wise, but call back my brethren if things are looking badly...I do not want to loose too many Shirn clasped the pendant harder, a pulsing energy surged through him, in his eyes he watched the Mauthe Dogs fight the Mercenaries..althoug they are wounding the group, it is not looking good. I will call them back soon

On the battlefield, Rezzira barely managed to escape both attacks, but had no chance to retaliate. The Gwyllgi ran wide around and lunged again, as the Mauthe Dog did the same, in the opposite direction, Rezzira swung his blade horizontally cutting and knocking both back. Both retreated momentarilly and lunged again, the Gwyllgi missing the bite, but managing to scratch Rezzira as he countered. The Mauth Dog however, was struck by the blade full on as it swung by the Gwllgi, The Mauth Dog fell to the ground dead.

Tiram watched Rezzira silently from his cover in the trees, If only I had enough time to get in there...I could have a quick kill...

Marissa watched from the doorway If I could somehow steal Shirns Pendant..then all those creatures could listen to me...

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Luis smirked to himself. Saved... "Why...me? I'm but a simple traveler just loooking for some business. If you should need any services...it'll be my pleasure to execute them." He bowed low as a devious smile krept onto his face. As he rose he began walking. "Afterall, I've a very trustworthy man...for the right price." He raised an eyebrow at Shirn and ducked his head, causing a shadow to overcome his face as he shot a glance at Shirn's pendant which glistened brightly in the sun's light.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Fire!" THe dog was blasted away from Demi as Nero rushed to help her up. "Here, use this one." He hadned her his Fire Tome and reached into his cloak for another. He found only one -- Thunder. Nero gulped as he took the tome and held it out in front of him with an open palm. He looked to a group of dogs and pointed. "Thunder!" A bolt of Lightning shot across the field, striking the dog's leg. It yiped loudly and fell as Nero gripped his wrist. Just..a bit...more...

Jakub batted the dogs using his bow. To his disdain this did little to no damage. "Come on! I can't even perform close range combat!' He continued swiping as more piled up around him. "This can't be good..." He gulped as he looked around for support. Before he knew it, the dogs seemed to be all over him. They soon got him to the ground and began scratching and biting him viciously. "Help!!"

Vice looked over wearily at the group of dogs. "Jakub...!" He gripped his sword hard; His opposite arm covered in blood from the bite. He quickly made his way over to the dogs and started sweeping away at them. It seemed as thought he more he killed, the more came back. Vice was soon batted out of the way by a much stronger dog. As he stood, his vision focused onto a much larger, stronger dog than before. A Gwyllgi... Vice held his blade shakily as the dog growled, dripping more of its saliva onto the ground. Sorry Jakub... "Come on...Give me your all..."

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Demi was horrified as the beast lunged at her, but her fear turned to shock as a blaze of fire went past her and threw it away ike a rag doll. Nero came up to her, his voice snapping her out of her helpless trance. "Oh, thanks....." Demi hastily grabbed the fire tome and began frantically translating it to something she could understand. After several seconds of seemingly staring at it, she smiled a little, half-amazed that nothing had attacked her yet. Then again, she had ducked back into the house to study it.
I hope I can use this thing well enough. Don't exactly trust myself Demi turned the corner and ran outside to find that one person, the archer who she noticed was particurarly serious, on the ground being mobbed. It looked like one of the others tried to help, but got distracted by something much more threatening. Demi concentrated for several moments, infusing her magic and using the tome as best as she could. Overall, it was... passable for Anima, as long as you didn't actually look too long. It created an abnormally large flare that knocked several of the hounds away, and caused the rest of them to jump out of the area. Unfortunately, it might also have slightly charred the person she was trying to save, but that was a minor detail. There, hope that helps....
Demi was paying way, way too much attention to her spell, so when she came back to reality after the casting, she got knocked over onto her back violently by one of the Mauthe. Seizing the oppurtunity, it swiftly jumped on top of her afterward and howled frighteningly right in her face, preparing to force a powerful bite into her neck.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jakub jabbed one of his arrows deep into the dog's neck before it quickly dropped from Demi. He panted as he bled very badly from his arms and chest. "Thanks..." Vice glanced back and nodded knowing he could fight easier. He swung his blade at the animal only to have it catch it in its mouth. Another of its heads then bit his arm. Vice yelled in pain before the dog let go, recoiling in pain. Nero stood behind him, arm extended. "Vice, are you ok?" "yeah, kid...I owe ya big time..." He used Nero's shoulder to hold himself up and made his way over to Jakub and Demi. "We can't win this one...on our own..." Vice looked around, lazily swinging at the dogs.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Shirns' voice became if possible, colder than normal "Two things I must note, ONE, these are my companions, and TWO if you ever so much as consider coming near my pendant, I will have far worse things than these Mauthe Dogs at your heels." He gripped his pendant again, allowing the surge to pulse through his body, Through the eyes of one he saw a young child athis ones a pup, harmless..leave her be The Mauthe Dog replied, This Pup used massive flames Shirn paused for a moment thinking on what he heard...Keep her alive...I want to call you all back anyway, I dont want to loose too many of your pack to sensless fighting with that he focused his mind onto the Gwyllgi on the field, Return to my cabin. The Gwyllgi howled, echoing around the region, the Mauthe Dogs went for one last hit each and fled. Shirn turned his focus back to Louis, "On to buisness though, I have a job for you, there's a man named Rezzira, I want him dead, and I want proof of his death, this job is being assigned by a General of the Daein Military, which should give you an idea of the...price for this job. Take it or not, either way, unless you need something else, stay out of this area, its not safe with my Mauthe Dogs roaming the area."

Rezzira blocked the last attacks against him, and walked over to Demi, "Are you ok?". Marissa from inside sat waiting, They left...did Shirn recall them? No...It wouldn't make sense to

Tiram watched as all the Dogs fled into the woods, What is Shirn planning...

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It was ready to strike, and Demi flinched, shutting her eyes tightly and out of sheer surprise putting up no resistance at all. Then, she was saved yet again, this time by the one who she had just helped out a second ago. The beast fell off of her and to the side from the arrow lethally stuck in that precise spot in its neck. It was two or so seconds later that Demi opened her eyes and realized that the beast wasn't any threat to her anymore. "T-thanks." That was all she could get out as she shuddered from the second close call in the same minute. "I'm just worthless in battle this way...." She muttered under her breath, as she attempted to cast another spell but kept having to dodge out of the way without being able to concentrate long enough to do anything. I have got to figure out how to do a quicker spell with this. I mean, I could use my legit magic.... but......
Demi moved over to the rest of them, tired from all the moving and dodging around, but not nearly enough to stop fighting on completely. Demi scrambled behind them, trying to get some spare breathing space for herself after almost being eaten a third time but still on the ground and shocked. Only escaping because for some reason it backed off for no noticeable reason. "Yeah, they're simply too much for us right now. We need some sort of plan, something to...... Hey, I've got it! We retreat to the doorways and force them to fight us one at a time, from not being able to all fit or have room to dodge. C'mon, we need a narrow pass to funnel these things throug.... hey wait, they're retreating?"
She was just standing up and had noticed the long howl echoing around the area, signaling their withdrawl. About then one of the others came over to her, but he looked like someone she might have seen somewhere before. "Thanks.... Yeah for the most part I'm fine. No real harm done, but sadly I can't say the same for the others. We really should help them before they decide to come back. Glad you asked though." Demi put on her usual smile, trying to make it seem that she was fine when she wasn't at all. This time at least she had the relief that she was still alive from all those. Well, that was fun, sort of. A ot more thrilling and terrifying than I thought, but its fine. Strange though, after that fire thing one after the other was on me, they must have at least some awareness that I could do it again given time. Meaning.... they know basic tactics at a minimum. Might be a problem in the future, at least I know not to underestimate how smart they are.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Raz stabbed one of the dogs in the face then turned and decapitated another one. He yelled to Rezzira. "Hey, if you thought I waz easy, I'm just merely sparring with you to check out your new style. I'm expirimenting too!"

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
((I wasn't here for all that, so I'll just pretend that I was somewhere...fighting... ._.))

I muttered quickly under my breath while holding my arm and sighed as the pain disappeared. I looked around the battle field, and noted the two most injured: Vice and Jakub. I ran to Nero, and handed him my book.
"Get someone to use the healing spells. Some are a really high level, but I can't use those." I then looked around, and saw one last "dog" run into the woods.
"Wait...they wouldn't retreat on their own...someone sent them here..." I said to myself. Suddenly, I was filled with rage.
Who...Shirn? Who else would try and kill us with beasts such as foul as this?! I gritted my teeth, and, after looking around to see if anyone was staring at me, I ran past the battle field, which was covered in blood, and found the blood trail of one of the beasts.
My mind thought of the possibilities quickly, and I shook my head in anger.
As long as I can follow them... I thought, and then ran after the trail up the hill, fast enough that no one would be able to stop me by time I got into the trees, if they saw me.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nero looked down at the book oddly. "Me? Why me? I can't use healing magic..." He sighed in frustration as he put the book in his cloak pocket. He quickly made his way to Rezzira. "You know these guys, right? Why are they retreating so early?"

Vice and Jakub sat by the wall of the guild; Both breathing heavily. "What the hell....was that...?" Jakub gasped as he wrapped his wounds.
"Don't know...but I'm just lucky that Gwyllgi left when it did..."

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Luis mocked a salute at him. "Whatever you say...boss..." He smirked turned away from the pendant as he was warned. Not now, then... he looked down at the Mauthe Dogs carefully and cautiously watched the Gwyllgi. "So...this 'Rezzira'...where is he?" He gripped his Stiletto and drew it as though he intended to execute the job here and now. "I like to get my work done fast and efficiently." Just so that I can get paid...fast and efficiently. His mouth grew to another smirk, which hid in the shadow covering his face yet again. "Hell, I'll serve you his head on a platter if it'll give me a little 'bonus'" He chuckled to himself as if drifting off, but soon re-entereed the situation. "...Well?"

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:47 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Shirn looked at Luis carefully "About half a mile away from here, is a mercenary outpost, and also take this so you know what he looks like." He hands Luis a picture of Rezzira, "Be carefully...he's skilled." Shirn watched as the Mauthe Dog pack returned to him, the injured coming in somewhat slower, with some healthy ones nearby, holding his pendant he began to speak to them, send your wounded inside, I have some Herbs to help them, once I get the signal it will be time for us to move out the lead Gwyllgi responded we will follow

Tiram watched the girl follow the trail of blood through the woods, he came out from a tree, after they were out of the camps sight, "Hunting for something?" he said as he brought one hand to one of his Silver Blades.

Rezzira walked inside, using cut cloth as a wrap for his wounds, "Vice, I advise we prepare to leave sooner than you first wanted...they know we are here, and the longer we stay, the worse things will come....If Ashnard is in league with the King of Spira, likely we will have larger fights on our hands"

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Raz heard Rezzira."I say we can take them, don't drag this on. If we run, they will just follow us and eventually kill us." He took out his Killing Edge. He looked at Vice."Your the commander, what do we do?"

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
I stopped mid-run and whipped around to meet the voice. My eyes widened when I saw who it was, and I smiled sarcastically. I held up my hands in mock surrender, but kept my wrist knife hidden near by.
"Don't worry; I don't want to fight. I am simply following the dogs. I wish to kill one." I said, telling part of the truth. I knew he was in the enemy, but I could stall as long as I wanted to. The trail wasn't going to disappear on me...

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((For those who still aren't sure what's what, you can use this:
http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/art ... romote.gif ))

Vice looked arolund at the wounded, and then back to Raz and Rezzira. "...We move...we rest up for the rest of the morning, head out this afternoon, and take shelter tonight at an Inn. Only Jakub and I are criticall wounded, so it seems, and we can hold our own out there." He looked around the battleflied carefully. "Where's Rinae...?" Jakub coughed heavily. "She took off...up where the dogs retreated." "Why didn't you stop her!?" Jakub shrugged. "It wasn't my problem...hell i don't even know the girl, what do I care if she dies?" Vice sighed. "Jakub..." "Yes?" "You're lucky I'm too hurtt o smack you." the two laughed lightly.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Luis looked at the picture with curious eyes. So that's him, eh? He nodded as he put the picture in his back pocket. "You got it, boss! I'll be back in no time." He then slinked off into the shadows and made his way down a long path, making sure to keep close to the ground. He head some soft speaking ahead and ducked behinda tree, hiding himself well. "Well, well," He wispered to himself. "Who do we have here?" He gave the picture another look and glanced at the two people; Neither of which being his target. He payed close attention to the general. Must Daein that Druid was talking about... He put the picture back and carefully made his way around them, trying as hard as he possibly could not to make a sound. Once close enough to the guild, he perched himself up in a tree, peering down at them all. They look wounded...good...but there's too many...I'll have to wait until nightfall so I can gain some cover... He leaned back against the tree from atop the branch he was sitting on. I'll get back to that Druid once I take care of this guy...

Last edited by King_Kilvas on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I smirked at Tiram, but stopped when I heard something crack. I looked around, and stopped at the area behind Tiram, my face showing confusion. Suddenly, a leaf dropped, and even though I tried, I couldn't hear anything. I frowned, and looked at the blood trail, then Tiram, and then to the way I came from. Hmm...probably a monkey or something...

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Raz turned around. "I'll find her,go, I'll catch up." Raz followed the blood of the dogs and soon came upon Rinae and some creepy guy. "Is this some family reunion or what." He turned to Rinae. "Is this a friend of yours? If not I'll kill him." Raz took out his Killing Edge.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I gave Raz a look of disinterest as I moved to stand beside him. "Be my guest." I said and motioned by bowing and stretching my arms out as if leading Raz to Tiram. I walked a little bit behind Raz, and looked around at the trees.
"Did you hear anything on the way up? I thought that I heard something, and I have this feeling in my gut..." I held my stomach area. "And I know it wasn't the food, no matter how bad of a cook...wait, when did I eat last?!" My face showed temporary horror for a minute before returning to normal. I gave a small, "Never mind." And looked at Tiram.
"Who are you again?"

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Tiram laughed, and spoke without turning, "Boy, you couldn't handle Rezzira, I know you cannot handle me, I was professionally trained by the legendary Black Knight of Daein for several years." Returning his focus to Rinae he spoke, "Your after the trail, I suggest for your own safety you return to your group, if you follow the trail, it will end with Shirn...we only want Rezzira, I prefer no other innocent lives taken, Shirn however, will kill all who stop him from reaching his goal." He put a tighter grip on his sword, and slightly unsheathed it, "And as for...I believe Rezzira called you Raz..if you want to fight, you will only end up hurt like Rezzira did." He walked past Rinae and stood between almost as if intending to block the way. "However, you may do as you wish."

Shirn walked into the cabin, and grabbed Herbs to help the wounded, Worry not, I have someone who will lure the group into a pack of Bael, once I have gotten the word they have left, we will take a shortcut, and meet up with the Bael, as two packs, we should win easily, and perhaps I can find some other things to aid you The Mauthe Dogs sat, licking their wounds before and after the Herbs were ground into a paste and applied. The uninjured Mauthe Dogs and Gwyllgi remained in the surrounding area to protect their wounded.

Rezzira looks around the group and says."What are we going to do about that girl I saved earlier, She's unarmed, and likely just a civilian...It may be too dangerous for her to stay with us."

Last edited by Lyon_Pelleas on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The one that was experienced in healing came over to where the rest of us were, but soon left saying she had to go somewhere for something, Demi didn't really get much of it. Is she joking? I really think she expects me to heal everyone. After all, I'm the only one with any sort of experience with recovery arts, albeit microscopic...... Demi just stared as moments later some of the others got into some sort of fight about the incident of the healer getting away from them, and the danger she is getting herself into.
There was very little for her to do, and nothing for her to say right now. Of course she thought she should be helping, but how? so she remained silent, learning a little more about their demeanor while doing so. The weather go a lot colder and windier again, but barely enough to actually notice it. Demi knew though, largely because she had to keep brushing the hair out of her face and holding her hands together to conserve warmth. It was announced that they were going to stay for the rest of the morning, and prepare. So, hold the course and do the exact thing we were going to do? Fine by me, at least it was easy to remember.
Of course, another point was brought up, what do we do about the one who is a civilian? Its not like she'd be able to defend herself on her own without our help. Then again, I'm weak and tired, about the same way right about now. I don't know what to do, but I have to sy something, enough being quiet. "I'm not sure, but if the plan is to stay here for now, then we can just try to protect her. I don't know about later, or where we will drop her off, or if she wants to join us, but that can be sorted out easily. First off, we should figure out if she has any battle experience, it would be helpful to know if she could defend herself partially on her own in the case of an attack. I'm probably not the one to ask about the rest of that stuff, but I think now would be a good time to figure it out. Where did that one girl go off to anyway? Or more specifically, why?" Demi shuffled her feet a bit, she was partially anxious, but also a bit unnerved by the previous events. True, she had seen many fights, but the operative word is seen. She was never in much real, legitimate danger that she couldn't talk or trick her way out of. The reality of live combat left her kind of jittery, and she was doing her best not to let it show.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Raz turned to Rinae. "No, I did not hear anything and the other are looking for you, so I suggest you go." He turned to the creepy guy. "And you, I wasn't even trying against Rezzira, so you know nothing about me. It doesn't matter who trained because you will end up like everyone else, dead." He took out Killing Edge. "You go first."

Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I nodded, and shrugged. "Fine. I'll go. See you there, or else." I added with force. My face had turned from non-caring to serious. I hated it when people I even barely knew died.
I started to walk back, putting my thief's guard up immediately.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Tiram called out to Rinae, "Save your friends life..if he will not listen, I will have no choice but to end him." He fully unsheathed his Silver Blade and stared into the eyes of Raz, "I am against ending innocent lives, but if you persist, you will leave no choice." He reached his other hand into a bag, and held a Light Rune, "As a soldier, I assume you know what these do."

Rezzira walked into the common room and sat down What am I doing here..She saved my life, I should at least repay the favor He turned around and walked into the forest, following the trail of blood.

Marissa sat in the common room, thinking to herself Nothing of value to steal...I have to find where they keep their treasures She stood up and began to walk around in search of Vice. Maybe I could "Help secure belongings"

Shirn, finished patching his wounded Mauthe Dogs felt a strange energy from his Pendant, a voice called out to him, "You have been calling for aid Master Kintalis?" Shirn held his pendant and replied, Lord Kintalis has passed the Pendant on to me, General Shirn, and yes, I have been calling for aid The voice replied Master has fallen? Either way...his son now wields the Pendant, so I shall follow your call. Shirn still wondered what he was speaking with, but said, Might I ask who this is? The voice replied, Master's favorite Aid, Sylans Shirn paused, after a few moments he remembered who...and what..Sylans is, I am grateful for your aid, yet I will not need it just yet, I must wait for my prey to enter Ikana Forest The Sylans replied I will be waiting in Ikana Forest for your call.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Luis was stirred out of his trance as he heard footsteps below. He quickly shifted his body and took the picture out of his back pocket to look at it. Once he glanced down as the person passing by, it was too late. All that he could see was the back of their head. He looked around and soon found a thick stick. He snapped it off of the branch and threw it against the opposite tree, causing a loud snapping sound. Once the man turned Luis saw that it was the very same as before. He smirked to himself, Gotcha and quietly climbed down the tree and snuck ahead beside the brush. He layed himself carefully on the road and groaned loudly, hoping to be noticed.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next