It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Legacy of Spira {Still Accepting!} 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Not to much, really. Other then Marissa and Demi suddenly showing up, we aren't dong much. I was just explaining to them what our basic goal is: Trying to fix the corrupt government, though it could hardly be considered such."

I turned to Demi.

"You said you knew some healing magic, right? What kind can you do?"

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
I walked into the room, and looked at Demi.
"Hey, sorry for interrupting. Demi, I put your things in my room. I'll take the floor. Also, as to Xaviar's question, I can heal as well." I smiled, and then looked around, my face a bit less soft and more guarded. "Where's the other girl?" I left the room and went outside, now frowning. I just had to tell Demi about her things, and then we had a new member. Again. So suddenly.
"What happened out here?!" I said, almost to a yell, when I got outside. Okay, so maybe I was a little grumpy...and tired of new recruits. I was already thinking of ways for Demi to gain my trust, but now this?!
Back in my mind, I made a note to start night guard rounds...

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

After Rinae left, I turned back to Demi.

"Don't worry, she's just in a bad mood. She's usually nice. And, while it is great that she can heal and all, having a person completely focused on healing will be best so she can focus on practicing and using her archery."

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

As soon as Demi finished talking, it seemed that the newest girl came in to stop there from being any silence in the room. She introduced herself as Marissa, and explained what happened to her just now. Of course Demi already knew, but there was no way Marissa could have known that so it didn't bother her in the least. Thats kinda a good question she has, although I've seen the remnants of the army so I have a slightly better idea of what it is. I'm still largely clueless though, but I'll find out eventually I guess.
Demi had just opened her mouth to say something back, when someone else beat her to it, and with an actual explanation as opposed to throwing out some empty words and pretending to have a clue. And then Jakub walked through, criticizing them for not working, and walking out the other door. Wait, work? What work was there to do, I thought we were just getting ready to move out in a while, and we were supposed to relax and get settled in until then. Oh well, I guess he's the focused type, have to remember that.
He wasn't gone long, or at all really, and soon himself sat down and joined them. He wanted to know what was going on, and Demi found out that she wasn't the only person who didn't know all of what was being said, despite she was there for the entire thing. And then the conversation suddenly turned towards her, letting a split second of silence go by before she realized that he was talking to her. "Oh me, sorry. Well.... Healing magic so....... Healing magic?" Demi looked confused, maybe it was because she wasn't skilled enough in it, but healing didn't seem to split too far past the basic meaning, for her at least.
Just then the first girl to talk to her earlier came and saved her from too much further embarrassment, and told her where her things were. "Aw, you don't have to....." But before she could hear Demi's pleads that she didn't have to force herself into such conditions, she was already gone and could be heard yelling outside. She seemed upset about something.... As it turned out, Demi's instinct, mostly gathered from the echos of her screams outside, was right according to.... whoever it was she was talking to. Note to self, get his name....
"I could tell, hope she gets over it soon." Demi smiled, a little pleased that she had some sort of place finaly that she could work with, but then the thought hit her. Wait, these people think I'm a full-on healer! This... could be bad. I guess I have to get real good real fast to meet the needs of the group, it'll be a nice challenge. I wonder if I can do that kind of magic without a staff the way I can do regular magic without a tome..... "I guess it is nice to know someone will be available. Pardon em for asking, but I don't think that I ever got your name."

Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Oh, sorry. I'm Xaviar." I said "You know, you don't appear to have any staffs on you. Want me to fly you into town so you can get some?"

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Xaviar huh, kind of an odd name, then again he is dragonkin so I guess its not strange at all. Demi kept her smile up as usual, she didn't want anybody to recognize that she was tired yet. Then again, why did she care so much. She tapped the table trying to figure it out but still maintaining a conversation. "Well no I don't, but its probably not necessary go into town just yet. I'm sure that between myself and this place we could whip something up for me to use. Maybe some other time we could though, maybe when I'm a little more up to it." Ah! I have to stop compromising myself like that! Don't worry Demi, its no big deal, you can cover it.... "Not that I'm feeling all that bad or anything." Yeah, thats perfect Demi. Do the most suspicious thing possible, that'll make it less obvious.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"You know, we might have storage or something with a staff in it." I said, then turned to Nero.

"Do we have storage with a staff or something in it?" I said.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Marissa eyes were scanning the room carefully Not likely anything to steal in the kitchen..I should take this situation to walk around and see what I can take "So you guys are looking for a cabin...I've been there, I know the way..." She paused They wanted to lie to me about Rezzira, I guess I'll show them what it means to trick me "The truth is, I was asked to come out here, There were some guys who wanted Rezzira dead, One was a General with cracked armor around his chest, the other, well the other just completly creeped me out, He wore full black robes, and was looking at beat up books and scripts." These guys look like they can beat the Bael easy enough, as long as they dont split up "They wanted me to lead your group into a lair of Bael located deep in Ikana Forest."

Outside, Tiram sat, waiting for the group to leave, so he could send a signal. Whats taking her for her take them

Shirn continued to study his scrolls and books, until he found one scroll in particular, Whats this? He began to hastily read the scroll This will do nicely..makes the Revenants and Entombed He heard a growl outside; What is it now? Stepping out side he saw one of his Mauthe Dogs, the beast spoke to him Our pack heard your call. Shirn thought to himself Mauthe Dogs...of course, they hunt by day primarily He held his pendant, the pendant began to shimmer, and he acted through to respond, I need a few to remain here, the rest...My "Pack Brother" is in trouble, help him The Mauthe Dog growled and ran off into the woods. I wasn't expecting a Mauthe Dog pack here this has just made things interesting

((For those not highly familiar with FE8, the Mauthe Dogs were highly, highly evasive, vicious creatures))

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I turned quickly to Marissa.

"What?!?" I screamed.

"Wait a second...a general with cracked armor and a man in black robes...It's Tiram and Shirn! Great. What are we supposed to do now, other then not walk into the trap?"

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Demi glared, she tried to not giggle and to keep a serious attitude because she knew that the situation must be quite grave. Her left foot was tapping as fast as it could, despite Demi's attempts to stop it. However she was feeling very excited at this sudden change in situation. Life's gonna be very interesting for a while, and I hope I don't get hurt too bad but eh, I'm the healer. I'll be the last to get hit so I've just gotta make sure our group stays on their feet. "Tiram, Shirn....." Demi repeated to herself, trying to figure out who these people were. For some reason Demi thought she should already know who those were, but she didn't. "I don't know what to do, I'm not that great a tactician. Though I'm pretty versed in battle stragety, I wouldn't say I'm the best to come up with the plan."

Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nero thoguht to himself. "Sorry...no...Rinae has the last one...but you can still use other magic...right?" His jaw dropped as he beard the girl's words. "W-what? An ambush!? Oh this is not good...he stroked his chin and rushed off. Tiram...Shirn....but what of the third? This is very bad...

Jkaub smirked. "The only thing we can do...spring the trap." He drew his bow and an arrow with it. "I'll alert Vice." He nodded to the other and exited the room. "Hey! Vice!" He pirked up and looked over to Jakub. "What's going on?" "It was a trap." "What was a trap?" "The girl, she was told to lead us into a trap. We need a plan." Vice sighed and looked down. "Have you told Nero?" "He's strategizing as we speak." "Good, go prepair the armory." "Yes sir!" Jakub rushed off to a large shed not far from the guild. Bad enough we're running low on supplies...we don't need to waste the good weaponry too...

Deep in the depths of Daein, a voice bellowed down the halls. "Petrine!" "Yes sir!" "Go to Spira, bring an army, and alert the King of our plans regarding Gallia." "Gallia? What business do we have with Gallia?" "Do you dare question me!?" "No sir! Sorry sir!" She hurried out of the room, her dark armor glistening in the sunlight that shone through the tall windows.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Demi smiled a bit, they had things all under control. Curses, and I was just about to mention that we should do that. Ah well, I don't want to shine too much yet. "Y-yeah I sorta can. Actually I'm a bit more comfortable with those." Demi tried to make that sound reassuring, but since it was an outright lie she could only make it sound soo much like truth. She was better with offensive magic, but she was so awkward with tomes it hardly made any difference. Besides, I'm best with non-combat stuff, like summons, and trickery, and such. Regardless, it looks like I'm gonna have to reveal my special talent a great deal sooner than I thought, wait. If I carried around a tome and pretended to use it. Yeah that just might work! Demi was hardly able to control herself, she placed her hands on her left leg to stop it from quivering in excitement. "So Nero, how do we do this, more specifically than meeting them in battle of course....."

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Marissa panicked, "Spring the trap? Are you all insane?" I can try to convince them to let me stay..then rob the group..but then Tiram will know something is going on... "Your planning to walk into a Lair of Bael and fight them? Shirn communicates with those..things using a pendant he carries, it allows him to speak too and control creatures."

In the woods, Tiram was beginning to lose his patience, If she doesn't leave soon.... I don't know how much longer I can just wait here..while Rezzira is tiring himself

In the Halls of Daein, one of the Lords approached the Black Knight, "I regret to inform you, Shirn and Tiram failed to kill Rezzira, however I have warned them, should they fail again, and they will be severely punished."

Last edited by Lyon_Pelleas on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Raz lept at Rezzira but in mid-air ducked and rolled behind Rezzira bringing his sword to Rezziras head.Go ahead block it.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:14 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Rezzira smirked as Raz went behind him, Instinct kicked in as Rezzira kicked Raz's knee, and spun his Iron Blade around his side, aiming strictly for Raz' blade hand, Rezzira ran forward and turned around, "Please, I was trained in Daeins "Game", youll have to do better than that if you intend to fight me." 1,800 kills...with that style, I dont believe it He thought to himself, again holding both blades in his Dual Blade Stance.

Tiram, growing more impatient by the moment, felt something tug at his leg, he looked down and saw a Mauthe Dog, I don't want to have to kill it, the sound will give away my presence, if that girl could just get outside already The Mauthe Dog made a low growl, and a pack of Mauthe Dogs appeared, with Gwyllgi scattered among them, The pack looked at the camp, Then howled, Ahh...Shirn Tiram Thought, Now I understand The Mauthe Dogs, still growling, and howling, began to circle the camp from within the cover of the trees.

Inside Marissa sat, worried about the situation, They plan to spring the trap...I wonder if they expect me to fight too, I'm "Unarmed" and "not much of a fighter" and they look a little low on supplies, so I doubt they will have an extra blade anyway, I should be able to avoid fighting those creatures

Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Vice watched the match intently. What's this style? His style was completely different in our fight. His attention shifted to Raz. As for him, even against Rezzira, he's holding his own. If I wasn't so old...I'd join in this. I'll just wait for later to have a 1 on 1.

He paused and slowly turned around to see a pack of Mauthe Dogs. Their growls and snarls filled the air with suspense as the got ready to pounce. He looked around to see Gwyllgi nearing the back. They must be to reinforce the hind so we don't get to the fort. One thing's for sure...we need to move out tonight.

Jakub came back from the shed holding a long object wrapped in brown paper and a filled quiver. "What the hell?" He looked around as the MAuthe Dog's circled precariously. "Nero..! Get out here NOW!" Nero perked up and ran out the door to have his jaw drop. He had three of the dogs staring directly at him upon leaving the guild. Their rabid eyes seemed to be staring right through him. "Anyone wanna help me out?"

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"...Sure." I said, running up to Nero. I looked in front of him and saw three wolf like creatures. I charged an orb on ice in my palms and shot icy blasts at them, but their speed was very good, and they dodged. I began to chase them, trying to attack.

"Even if I can't take them out, Nero's safe, at least." I said as I caught up to one and took it out with my claws.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
I looked at Vice, and tilted my head to one side, looking at the ground. "You know...there might be a plan...we could dress up the girls and I, maybe even Jakub or someone, in my robes and go into the cave, and then have the others surround the area. We could chase the Bael out...na. Never mind that." I siad, and then heard Jakub yell to Nero. I saw Xaviar run into a battle of which seemed to be him versus Mauthe Dogs and sighed.
I ran near the battle, leaned on one knee, took aim with my bow, and fired an arrow at one of the dogs.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Demi was a bit anxious before, and was regretting it now. I wanted a little time to rest...... ah! It was surprising for her when she peeked out to look, staring awed for a few moments. Xaviar rushed past her and began to do battle to help out. What do I do...... I'm sure I could get a surprise hit on them, my aim isn't good, but my predicting abilities are. Thing is, if I cast my magic right now then everyone'll know. I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. But argh, they're here on our doorstep!
Meanwhile the other girl had suggested a plan that might have worked, but apparently thought differently about it herself and simply threw it away as she went into the fray herself. Hey, maybe they don't need my help right now. Oh who am I kidding yes they do, they need all they can get if they want to survive right now. I know I can do something, but its probably best to just save the surprise for later, the knowledge the enemy could possibly attain from my assistance isn't worth the minimal help I could give.
"Gah." Demi let out as she took her head from around the corner and sat back down at the table and brushed the hair out of her face. "I can't do anything right now..... What if they get in here?" Demi cringed slightly as she thought about it. She was fairly confident she could do a great deal if given space, but if they were close enough to touch her..... Demi closed her eyes and shuddered as she tried to force the thought of having her flesh torn from her body out of her head.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

"We're under attack Raz!" Rezzira yelled, he turned to face the emerging Mauthe Dogs, he hastily sheathed his Iron Blade Two Sword Style against these...I'm not taking the chance to make a mistake. One Mauthe Dog lept at him, instinctivly he turned to the side, and thrust his blade down on the beast, making a wound across the face, the beast recoiled, but charged again. Rezzira thrust his blade again, this time missing the beast, the Mauthe Dog scratched him across his arm, as a second one bit down on his leg. Just for one hour..I'd like to go back to my old days, where rabid beasts were not hunting me He quickly swung his blade down, and swept it across his front, wounding the two Mauthe Dogs, the one biting his leg released and fell back, the other retreated and ran around wide, hoping to lunge at him again. He heard a deep growl as a Gwyllgi approached him, teeth bared. The beast lunged at him...

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Thanks, Xaviar!" Nero called as he whipped out his tome. "Fire!" A burst of fire shot from his hand as the dog lept out of the way and directly at him. Before he was hit, the dog suddenly yiped and fell to the ground. As it flailed and struggled to get up, Nero noticed the arrow just inches from its throat. "Be careful!" He nodded to Jakub and shot a few more bursts. "Demi! How are you holding up in there?"

Jakub turned to see one of the dogs lunging for him. He quickly rose his bow, blocking the bite, but as he fell back the claws dug into his arms and legs. Between the growling and snarling, a long strand of saliva dripped from its mouth into Jakub's cheek. Disgusting..! He swiftly kneed the dog in the chest and drove a bow through its side. "Damned creature..." He barked at it as he wiped the fluid from his face.

"KEEYAH!" Vice yelled as he swung his blade. It sharply cut into the dog's head with a loud crack. I hate these things... As another dove for him he quickly sheilded his face with his arm. He grunted as the blood trickled down his arm. "Get away for ME!" He thrusted his blade up through its neck and shoved it off with his foot. Looking at his arm he could see the deep bite marks and the skin surrounding it dyed crimson from his own blood.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Demi turned around, and saw that they were getting hurt really badly. The blood in particular made her very uneasy and she had to glance away. Its all my fault! If I wasn't so worried about myself and what the enemies might learn about me, then I could stop these pests. I could probably do it with barely a flick. Ok, thats a real big exaggeration but the point remains regardless. "I'm just fine! They haven't gotten in yet" I can use the tomes he has if they are like that fire one, even if barely. I'm sure it'll be enough to make a difference in this. Demi took some steps closer and looked outside to be able to see everything that was happening, and decided that she really would be needed in the fight. Her skills, although limited by the forced use of tomes, would perhaps be enough to tip the scales.
"I need a tome, where are they?" Demi said in a loud voice, not quite a yell. It was loud enough for one of the hounds to notice her and decide she was easy prey. It turned towards her approaching slowly fangs bared, causing her to freeze up in terror, incapable of doing anything but watch as it drew closer and closer at a decently quick pace. Demi almost stumbled backwards and fell, but caught herself barely, leaving her quite off balance and vulnerable to an attack.

Last edited by Magnetar on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Name: Luis
Appearance: Black wavy hair, brown eyes, 5'7", wears tight clothing and a brown vest.
Items: Stiletto
Species: Human
Class: Rogue Image
Personality: A bit of an odd attitude, but never the less gets the job done. He's the type of person who will do anything for money and won't turn his back on a deal. He speaks with a spanish accent refuses to get close to anyone.
Background: will reveal as story goes on
Abilities: easier to hide in dark spots.

Last edited by King_Kilvas on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I guess you're in..))

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It had been days; No weeks since Luis had found a good steal. His hope faded as his body grew weak. Finally, he sat against one of the mossy trees in the lush wood. Upon resting, he spied a cabin off in the distance. Well well well...what do we have here? He brushed the hair from his eye and peered closer through the brush. "This looks as though it could be promising...let's give it a shot, shall we?" He snuk closer to the cabin, keeping close to the ground and shadows before he soon made it to a window. As he wiped the dust from the glass he saw nothing but black and what seemed to be covered furniture. "Bah! Nothing!" As he back away from the house he came face to face with a rogue Mauthe Dog. "Hey there, boy..." He cautiously drew the Stiletto from behind his back and shifted into his battle stance. As more approached he could feel the atmosphere around them tense, he soon felt congested.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next