It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Realm (See Map of Realm. First Post) 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
Rinae looked around, watching people while sitting on a bench. She sat erect and properly, and wore an expressionless...er.....expression. She noticed a man sit next to her, but she did not turn to look at him. He seemed to want to say something, but could not. Finally, he snapped.
"Do you think that the king of this land is a tyrant?" He blurted out, and I looked at him, surprised. I thought about it for a moment, turned away, and nodded. The man sighed, as if a heavy load was taken off of his shoulders. Then, he started to think of something else to say to advance the 'conversation'.

I spun around in my spinny chair, then rested my head on my elbows on the computer desk, chuckling at the man's attempts to say something. I watched him and other players on screen with a smile, wondering what was to come next.

((Do we have visors to wear like on .hack//sign? Because that would make more sense...or is it like runescape? (If you know what that is...)))

Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
((I'm guessing, from Eon's post, that I have been accepted, right?))

I folded my arms, uncomfortably waiting for the game to load. Finally, the title screen popped up.

Now grinning happily, I registered my account name and password. Finally, the screen flashed to the inside of a building, which was filled with other new players.

My guy, a young fellow with gray hair, appeared on the screen. Bane, I had called him, after the name my friends called me. And so I settled down to play.

Bane cast a whistful eye around the trading post, taking mental notes on the positions of other new players, who were all excitedly talking about the games realistic looking environment.

As Bane approached the front desk, where a computer AI had been programmed to clean the various weapons and items, he overheard pieces of conversation from a group of warriors crouching in a corner. There were three meng; one with leather armor and midnight black hair, one with spiky blonde hair, a small axe, and a wooden shield belted across his back, and a sinister looking figure in a black cloak, the hood pulled low over his face.

"The King has become too power hungry. He needs to be silenced; permanently." The black haired warrior directed the comment at the cloaked figure.

"You do realize that if his guards overhears us, we'll all be thrown into the dungeons." His blonde haired companion seemed anxious, throwing nervous looks over his shoulders to make sure nobody was eavesdropping, like Bane was.

The cloaked warrior said nothing; he merely listened, as if weighing his options. Then he spoke, in a voice so quiet Bane had to strain to catch what he said. "So, you've called upon one of the best assassins known, to do the work you are too afraid to do yourself? Not only that, but you're offering an impossible target. The King is paranoid about his safety. I'll do it, but I require one million gold pieces."

The warrior with the axe gaped at the cloaked figure, and said, rather loudly," Are you joking me! That's way too much. If you think that we're going to-"

"Quiet!" Hissed his companion. He was staring at Bane, who had looked over when the shouting started. Motioning for them to follow, the Cloaked figure led the two warriors out of the trading post.

Bane shrugged off the conversation, which had awoken feelings of resentment towards the so called "king", and walked up to the front desk, where the AI continued to clean weapons. Bane glanced at him, and said," Hello, kind sir. I require a weapon."

Reacting to his voice, the AI jerked up, and said, with a rather emotionless voice," I have much to offer, if you have the money to pay for it."

Nodding, Bane said," Show me. What kind of weapons do you have?"

The AI continued to stare at him with empty eyes, and said," I have much to offer, if you have the money to-"

Suddenly, the AI glowed bright white, then disappeared. From the shadows stepped a short man, who wore an all white tunic. Across the chest of his tunic, the words "Official Game Officer" had been printed out in gold letters, and above them was a golden crown. The official symbol of the Regime.

"Sorry about that", the Officer said," We're still working some of the kinks out of the system. What did you need?"

Bane scowled, and said," A weapon. But do you think it's smart to interfere with the gameplay?"

Hopping behind the desk, the Officer began opening various desks, and pulling out different kinds of weapons; a sword, an axe, a flail, a war hammer, and a crossbow were just some of them. As he did this, he continued to talk. "Oh, we try not to interfere. It's just that sometimes it's unavoidable. Here, look at these. They're all within the starting price range."

Bane studied the weapons. He didn't like players who used projectile weapons; he found it unhonorable. He prefered to take his enemies down up close, to let them know who had just killed him. And he wanted something that required a strong arm....

His eyes fell upon a dangerous looking spiked mace. Perfect. "I'll take this one." Bane picked it up. The weight felt good in his hands, something solid. It felt right, like it belonged there.

"That'll be fifty gold." The Officer held his hands out.

Bane coffed up the required gold, then attached his new weapon to his belt.

The Officer turned to leave. "Wait!", Bane called," Who's going to run the Trading Post?"

"Another AI", he answered," One that is better programmed. There was a problem with the last one. We forgot to add the human quality coding. Actually, this is the last time you'll see one of us. We're completely withdrawing from the game. All mistakes have been fixed. Good luck to you."

With that, the Officer disappeared, leaving behind the same AI that had been here in the first place. Except this one had emotion on his face. One that Bane recognized. Anger.

"I don't remember you purchasing that weapon, kid. That'll be fifty gold."

Bane blanched, then turned and ran out of the door, while the Shop Keeper yelled," Thief! Somebody stop him!"

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
The man continued to ask me about how I felt about a tyrant, while I kept nodding. Sure, I didn't like the way that the king sounded, but I would have thought that the man would have gotten that by now. Suddenly, he stopped talking, and sighed and stood up. He watched behind my shoulder to see king's guards headed this way. I looked questioningly at the man, who looked scared. He then smiled, shook my hand, and left as the guards passed me, muttering 'Good days'. I nodded, looked at where the man had disappeared, and opened my hand. There was a note that said 'Read later, away from the public eye'. I nodded, and put it away. He had given it to me while shaking my hand. I got up and walked around.
I was walking next to a weapon shop, watching a conversation with a man and the shopkeeper, when the shopkeeper disappeared and another man appeared after the man had paid for a weapon. I jumped when I head a yell. "Thief! Somebody stop him!" I looked at the door questioningly, and opened it for the man to run out. Apparently, the AI man hadn't seen him pay. I saw guards approach, and tried to make them pause with my hands, trying to tell them that the man was innocent, but my own language came from my mouth. I sighed, and put my head in my hands, and then pushed the 'guilty' man away from the approaching guards, and yelled something that sounded close to 'run'. "RANE!" (Raw-nae)

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
Bane didn't know what the girl said, but knew that she wanted to help. So, he ran.

Shouting at him, the guards gave chase, trying to catch the 'guilty' Bane. Silently, he cursed the stupid Officer.

Suddenly spying an open wooden door, Bane grabbed the girl's arm and pulled her inside, the shut the door.

Heart fluttering, he pressed an eye to a small hole near the bottom. He could just make out the leggings of the guards. They seemed to have lost them.

"Know which way he went?", the first guard asked, scratching his head in frustration.

"Hell if I know. All I saw was some odd girl in a white and red robe trying to stop us, then yelling something at that thief. They must be working together."

The first Guard began pacing, and said," Well, I last saw them come down this alley, so they can't be far from here. Let's start banging open doors and going through people's houses."

Bane held his breath, hoping that some miracle would happen and they didn't start searching the different houses in this alley.

The second guard seemed anxious, and said," Are you sure that's such a smart idea? The people of this town have already been complaining about the Regime; the last thing we want is for them to have an opportunity to get some of us decommissioned."

This made the first guard stop pacing. "Alright. We'll have to tell the Shop Keeper we caught the theif, but he had already gotten rid of whatever he stole. That'll get the stupid AI off our backs."

The two guards set off for the shop.

Bane exhaled, relief flooding through him.

After making sure the cost was clear, Bane cautiously opened the door and stepped out into the suns fading light.

He turned to the girl, and said," Thanks. You really helped me out back there. I'm Bane. What's your name?"

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I nodded the 'welcome', and pointed at myself. "Rinae." Hey, at least I could say names. I pointed at him, and struggled with the English language. "You?"
Looking outside, I pulled a kunai from my small container, and opened the door slowly. I looked to both sides, ready to run, but closed the door immediately after seeing someone round the corner. I sighed, and leaned against the wall so that the two of us could see out the hole. I made it slightly bigger with my kunai, as well.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Bane also peered out of the hole. From around the corner walked an old man with a scarred face and short gray hair. He wore nondescript robes, and leaned heavily on a crooked walking stick.

The man helding a letter in his hand. He was apparently reading it. As he came closer, Bane shifted, trying to get a better view.

But his movement must have made some kind of noise, for the old man stopped, and peered around the street. After a few seconds, he said," I know you're there. If you are a spy, come out quietly and I will not destroy you. If you're no friend to the king, then all I'm going to say is this. The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

After a few more seconds, Bane, to Rinae's apparent disapproval, through the door wide open and said," We share the same enemy, for I'm dogged by the King's guard around every corner."

The old man grinned, and said," Well, then I guess you may be interested in joining the Resistance? We're an army dedicated to stopping the King in his tracks, and freeing this land."

Bane frowned, and said," A recruiter? In the midst of a town controlled by the king? You are a brave man, even in your age."

The old man laughed, and said," I'm Groll. Just Groll. And, yes, I'm a recruiter working for the Resistance. So, you're being chased by the guards? Well, I'm not going to ask why, but I know it'll be hard for you to leave without alerting them. So, you must follow me. I'll be able to get you out."

Hesitating, Bane turned to Rinae, who had cautiously come out of the room they had been hiding in, Kunai in hand. "Rinae, you might want to consider coming with us. The guard are after you, too. It's no longer safe here. And Groll seems sincere. So, what do you say?"

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I nodded. Sighing, I pocketed the kunai, and felt the letter in my robe's inner pocket. I sighed again, then tried to ask for the man's name. At first, I couldn't find out how to put it correctly in terms of charades, and Bane wasn't getting it, so I finally sighed, and cleared my throat. I pointed to the man leading us. "Groll." I then pointed to myself, my eyebrows raised, and talking slowly. "Rinae." I then pointed at Bane, and looked at him expectantly. I moved my head in a way suggesting that I didn't know what word to use that he should be saying. I looked at him questioningly, then slapped my forehead. I pointed to myself. "Rinae." I pointed to Groll. "Groll." I then pointed to him again, and moved my head in an asking manner. I hoped that he would understand this time.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Bane struggled with Rinae's strange way of communication.

"What are you asking? Do you want... to know my name? I told you; it's Bane. Is that what you're asking?"

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I sighed, smiling, and nodded. I scratched the back of my hand with my hand, embarrassed. I turned back to Groll, and took out the letter in my pocket. I opened it, and looked in surprise. It was written in the language that I only understood and spoke. Or, that I thought only I did. The guards earlier had looked at me as if no one had had the same language as me. I read the letter, and considered telling the others, until I got to the bottom and it told me not to tell anyone. I sighed, and put it away.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(( Just so you know, it will take more than an assassin to kill Raznor. He must be killed in a Death Match, one on one. Also, whoever mentioned the Dark Temple, that doesn't exist. ))

There was a loud blurt of trumpets and a drum line, and soldiers began to move into formation. The main gate to the town opened, and an man with long gray hair, black and silver armor, and piercing green eyes entered riding a black horse.

"All hail General Gorrix," said the soldiers in unison.

Two soldiers, dragging a man in by his arms came in front of the General.

"Your mightiness," said one of the soldiers, "We caught this one pick pocketing many of this towns guards."

General Gorrix emotionlessly came down off his horse and stood in front of the man. All of a sudden, his face beemed with enjoyment.

"Well, well, well," said Gorrix, "If it isn't Iko."

Iko looked up at him. Iko had a dark blue sleevless shirt on and orange pants. His hair was a very dark blue. On his back was a staff looking weapon, a sharp blade located on each end. He remained silent.

"So what is the Resistance after now?" said Gorrix, "Sending you on another pointless mission, maybe get some info? It's a shame. A fine warrior like you working for the likes of them..."

Iko stared fiercly at him, "The likes of them? What has happened to you, Gorrix? Have you forgotten where you come from? Gorrix, the once great Resistance General?"

"Enough," take-" Gorrix stopped short. His eye caught a glimmer of gold in the surrounding crowd. It was Iesho's sword.

"You, boy," said Gorrix, "What have you got there?"

Iesho nervously stepped forward and presented his sword.

"Impossible," said Gorrix, dumbstruck, "Where did you recieve that weapon?"

"A... man... in an alley..." said Iesho, "He wore all.. bl.. black, and I didn't catch his appearance or name."

"Curse you Groll," said Gorrix, "Curse you and wherever you go."

"Groll?" asked Iesho.

"A Resistance fool. We've been hunting him for years," explained Gorrix, "That sword, the one he gave you, belonged to a great foe of ours. It would be a waste, that you, someone with so much potential, would not be a soldier for the Regime. What do you say?"

"Well, erm..." replied Iesho, "I'm not one for taking sides..."

"Raznor does not forget those who do him well," said Gorrix, "Nor does he forgive those who cause him trouble..."

"Leave him alone, Gorrix," said Iko, "He is not interested in your games. Now if you will, I really must be going, I-"

In a flash, Iko was free from the guards grip and his staff has in his hands. With one quick swipe, both guards vanished in a swarm of pixels. Iko darted into an alley.

Iesho took his chance in the chaos and ran too. Not far down the alley in which he ran, a hand grabbed him and pulled him into a corner. It was Iko.

"You're coming with me," said Iko, plain and simple.

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"So, how do you plan on getting us out of the city?", Bane asked Groll, who had led them down another cramped alley.

"Well, first we've got to meet up with a contact of mine. Then, we're going to smuggle ourselves out as part of a shipment of food bound for the mountain village. Actually, it's going to be... erm, 'diverted' by a couple of Resistance soldiers, who are going to take it to the Resistance encampment." Groll said all this very fast, his eyes darting around, glancing at every door, window, and shadow.

Catching on, Bane said," Well, we'd better hurry. Where is this contact of yours?"

Stopping, Groll moved aside a dusty sheet, revealing a small entrance to a tent. "She is here."

Moving inside, he motioned them towards the back of the dusty tent. It was crammed with all sorts of odd items; old books, long staves, a random assortment of mirrors, and some old pots. Bane wrinkled his nose in distaste. "What kind of contact lives here; a gypsy?"

"One like a gypsy, but with worse luck." The speaker detached herself from the shadows, and walked toward them. It was an old woman, who wore a colorful dress, large, round earings, and heavy bracelets made of iron.

Groll bowed to the woman, and said," This is Iroda, one of the head witches of the resistance. She has aided us main times, and continues to support us."

Smiling at Groll, Iroda said," Groll is too kind. So, what do we have here? More recruits? You'd better slow down, Groll, or your going to recruit the whole town!"

Face turning serious, Groll said," Yes, more recruits. But, I'm afraid we've worn out our welcome. It's been planted Iroda. And they know I'm here now, so you're going to have to smuggle me out. Along with these two.", Groll motioned to Bane and Rinae, and continued," These two are wanted by the Guard, under false charges of Stealing and aiding a felon. During these dark days, you know they will be punished with death."

Nodding, Iroda motioned for them to follow her outside. Leading them out of the tent, Iroda moved over to a medium sized barn, and opened the door. Inside were two tired looking horses, and a rickety old wagon. "I was going to take these sacks of grain up to the mountain village, since the Regime has recently cut off food shipments to them. I stole these sacks from a nearby grain refinery, which was being supported by the King's spawn."

Grabbing three empty sacks, she threw them to the group, and said," You're going to have to hide in these. Hurry up, I want to leave in a few minutes."

Sighing, Bane, Groll, and Rinae climbed into the back of the wagon, and pulled the sacks on, obscuring their entire body. Then, Iroda tied the rope, sealing in their heads. They now looked like a couple of lumpy sacks, which could easily be mistaken for sacks of potatoes.

Iroda climbed into the front, and snapped the reins, setting the team of horses on their way. Settling down in the back, Bane prayed nothing would go wrong.

Last edited by Ghost Writer on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Again, do the users see in the game with a visor like in .Hack/Sign, or do they watch from the monitor?))

I laid down in the bag, and wore a small hole into it with a kunai. I looked out, and had a perfect view of the road behind us. I sat/laid still and calm/relaxed my body, so that the bag wouldn't move.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(( No, we just see through the monitor ))

Iko lead Iesho in a hurry, keeping a tight grip on his arm.

"Let go of me!" yelled Iesho, "Right now!"

"I am not your enemy," said Iko calmly, "I am doing you a favor."

They came to the inner side of the wall surrounding the Trading Post. Iko moved a stack of barrels, revealing a tiny hole in the wall.

"I'll explain when we are a safe distance from the city," said Iko, crawling through the hole. Iesho did the same.

Outside of the city, Iesho caught his first glance of Realm beyond the city. There were plains stretching as far as he could see. A good distance ahead of him, Iesho saw a river, with numerous rafts sailing down it.

Iesho then looked East, and saw mountains, stretching far to the north and south. In front of them, there was a small forrest.

"Hurry," said Iko, "Into the forest."

After sprinting for a couple of minutes, they went into the outer edges of the forest.

The sun had gone down now, and they were sitting in a small clearing.

"Please," said Iesho, "Tell me what's going on here!"

"As you wish," said Iesho. "You are familiar with Raznor, correct?"

Iesho nodded.

"Well, he is not as great as people claim. He is a tyrant. His army controls every town, city and village. His goons are always assaulting innocent players for fun without fear of being punished. Anyone who doesn't pledge allegiance to follow his Regime is labeled as a criminal. I am a member of the Resistance, the small few who dare to oppose him. Many of us were located in the Trading Post today, not just to recruit new players to our cause, but to possibly catch word of Raznor's plans. Recent information has told us that he is after some sort of weapon, yet we do not know what it is.

"You see, the Resistance is in a paranoid state, after the capture of Riku, our second in command."

"Wait," interrupted Iesho, "Couldn't he just respawn?"

"No," said Iko, "They haven't killed him. They keep him trapped on the Prison Island of Brogthor.

"Enough talk. We are heading to the Resistance Base, a vast city located deep in the Eastern Mountains. It is a long way away. We must make it to Newingfolk, a city located just on the outer reachers of the mountains. There we will reach a save point, and can restock for our journey."

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
The man perked up and watched from the shadows a scene, a parade of guards came in with a prisonner, but after a few minutes the man ran off with somebody else.
"Oh great, the Regime's going to scout the area any minute now! We have to get out of here! Oh, by the way, my name is Dingora." He signaled for Recide to follow as he quickly used the shadows as cover and dashed past the city gate, Recide closly on his tail.
they kept on sprinting towards the mountains were he said the Resistance base was, with a dense forest guarding them. Shortly after the sun went down, they arrived at the edge of the massive forest. Though Dingora stopped and looked to the side at the two men whom they saw dash away from the guards earlier. He walked up to them and began speaking to them. "Iko? Kinda lucky you should be feeling for escaping that situation." Ouut of curiosity Recide walked up and listened to the reaminder of Dingora's words.
"You get a recruit? Or is he there someone else who happened to follow along?"

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Dingora," said Iko, "Have you any word or sight of Groll?"

"Not since we entered the city this morning," said Dingora, "Why do you ask?"

"The sword has been handed down," said Iko.

Iesho was confused, "This sword? Why did he give it to me? What's special about this blade?"

"That sword belonged to a Moderator, the last to be destroyed by Raznor," explained Dingora, "Groll recovered it, but not before Raznor could curse the blade. You see, as long as Groll was in possesion of the sword, his power would decrease. If he threw it away, the curse would not lift. He had to give it to someone new. Don't be alarmed, for you are not cursed. The curse was broken the second he gave it to you."

Iko stood up, "Enough talk. We must rally with Groll in Newingfolk. From there we will make our way back to the Resistance. While the sun still sleeps, we must make our way in secret to our destination. Newingfolk is still far off, but we must make haste."

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
(I know. Since it's a game, the person tried to trick Sirog into thinking it could be recharged and be super powerful, so Sirog woud think that the man was nice and join the Regime. It's actually just a sword used by Regime members. This is commonly known as "scamming".)

Sirog stared at the Blade in disbelief.
"Wow, he's pretty generous! Maybe I will join the Regime!" He said. A guard heard what Sirog said and aproached him.
"I overheard you, you want to join the Regime?" the guard asked. Sirog nodded.
"Well, I'll bring you to the general. We will see what he has to say." said the guard. Sirog followed the guard to a man who looked slightly enraged.

"General Gorrix, this man wishes to join the Regime." said the Guard. Gorrix examined his blade.
"I see he already has the sword, then we will bring him to the recruitment base. We will see if he is worthy." said Gorrix. Sorag gulped.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lethargically I watched the monitor. The bar on the loading screen slightly increading now and then. After a good 10 minutes the screen flashed with colors.

"Hello welcome to Realm. King Ranzor welcomes you." said a soldier next to Seth
"Who is Ranzor?" Seth asked puzzled

"Ranzor is the mighty ruler of all of Realm. He is the strongest and remebers those who do him well."

"It sounds like Ranzor is the one to be with then." said Seth

"As of now you are in a town known as The Trading Post. It's a place where you may buys all kinds of things, for a fee of course. That is why, courtesy of King Ranzor, you shall recieve 100 Zen. Now please be on your way I have mnay other new players to greet." the soldier then walked of.

100 Zen to spend on anything I'd like. Well first I'd like some clothes!

Down the street to his left, Seth saw a store with a man selling, what could only be clothes. He approached the seller.

"How much for these?" He indicated a baggy pair of light brown pants and a small, sleeveless, dark green shirt.

"I usuallly charge 100 Zen, but since you're a new player I'll give them to you for 50."

"Alright." reluctantly Seth handed the man 50 Zen and picked up his clothing. Immediately he put them on. Ah, they suit me well. Now to buy a weapon. He continued to walk down street after street looking for a weapon shop. Eventually he found a shop with just the right sword. He went inside the shop. It was a rather gruesome store. He then grabbed a, balck greatsword with a ruby encrusted into the hilt. He waved the sword around, it felt good in his hands.

"I'll take this one." he said the the AI handling the shop.

"That'll be 80 Zen please."

"What? Can I please have a discount? I'm a new player."

The AI didn't speak for a moment. "Well okay I guess I could give it to you for 50."

Seth handed the AI the last of his Zen. But he felt fine since he finally had a decent sword. Seth then walked out of the store, and back toward where he had started.

^_^

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(( I'll take some time to explain the land of Realm a little better ))

[i] Realm, a vast, virtual land filled with dangers and beautiful scenery. Most of it is covered by the Great Plains of Realms, broken only by a few low hills and some rivers. The main three rivers of Realm are the Coziac, the Rowana, and the Durmen. These three rivers provide the main mode of transportation in Realm. Various rafts and ferries carry goods and people. The capital of Realm, Aggamon, is located at the crossroads of the three rivers, about 100 miles from the Ocean. From there, the rivers form into one Mighty River and flows out into the Ocean.

Realm is split into five main regions: The Mountains, the Desert, the Plains, the Barren, and the Coast.

The Mountains are located in the far East, the closest settlement being Newingfolk, located just on the edge of the foothills. The Mountains are peaceful for the most part.

The Desert is down south, where the Zura make their home. The Desert covers almost the entire southern Realm, and is filled with brutal in game beasts. Located south beyond the Desert are the Deathly Heights, an enormous mountain range the serves as the southern border of Realm. The Programmers placed thousands of savage beasts here, and anyone who has entered has not lasted for more than a minute.

The Plains, as I've already said, cover most of the central part of Realm. Many towns are found here, including the capital, Aggamon.

If you continue far West beyond Aggamon and the Plains, you will come to the Coast. There are three main port cities. The southern most is Sierran, and off the coast of its ports is the deadly Island Prison of Brogthor. The next coastal city and the biggest is Cascarade. The city does extremely well do to the Mighty River connecting it to the rest of Realm. The northernmost Port city is the icy harbor of Icthor, which is about as far north as people are willing to go.

See, the Northern stretch of Realm is reffered to as the Barren, which is largely unexplored and uninhabited. It is home to wolves and other beasts and is snow covered all of the time. Unknownst to many, a single town exists in the far northern Barren known as Glacia. Many mysteries surround the Barren.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((I'll join, if you'll allow it that is. Maybe i'll help breathe some life back into this thing.))

Name : Ookami
Appearance : ((Look at siggy & avatar. Pretty much a Toshiro Hitsugaya duplicate.))
Faction : Regime

P.S. Is there magic in this RP? Just curious.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Name:Singe
Appearence:Brown hair,Brown eyes,
Faction:Regime

Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As for the magic question, there is to a certain extent. Nothing like Harry Potter, or magic that can kill in move.

To learn magic is very difficult, and you have to find a teacher. Magic is similar to Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(( I see. If you find i'm doing something wrong, let me know. Also, one more question. Most games have a 'noobie' area. Where is that in Realm?))

Ookami whirled around on his chair, waiting for Realm to load. His friend had told him about it, and had warned him about a certain faction, though he couldn't remember which one. He had a tendency to forget things like that. The screen of his laptop flared to life, the colors and scenery blending seamlessly. He made an account, and spawned near several other new players.

A guard immediately approached him, and handed him 100 zen. "Welcome to Realm. This here is the Trading Post, where new players can find the basics. Many players never return here after leaving, due to the area being mainly for new players. Have fun, and let the adventures begin!"

Ookami thanked the guard, and wandered through the streets of the Trading Post, unsure of what to buy. Maybe a sword, or maybe a mace? Maybe a big warhammer... He decided to buy clothes first, and stopped at the nearest clothing stall.

He asked the clerk if he had a black robe and a white vest, and the clerk handed him some clothes in exchange for 60 Zeny. He exited store, and continued to walk through the crowded streets. He decided to take a shortcut through an alley, but came to a sold wall. He prepared to turn around, but a corridor formed to his left. How odd... he thought, but curiousity conquered, and he decided to see where it led.

He soon found himself standing on the door step of a store located on a near empty street. He walked through the door, and found the shop owner sitting in a chair behind his desk. "Welcome, to the Weapons Emporium. How may I help you?"

"What kind of weapons do you carry?"

"Any kind imaginable; we have maces, swords, and many others. Would you like to have a look around?" Ookami didn't even hear him. He was to busy looking at a staff with a blade on one end. There were runes etched into the wood, the blade colored a solid black. He pointed at it, and asked how much it cost. "The weapon chooses who it wishes to be wielded by. For you, how does... 40 zeny sound?"

He handed the owner the money in exchange for his War Staff. He put it on his back, and walked out. "Now where to..." he whispered to nobody but himself.

((There's nothing oober about the staff, just the way it looks.))

Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Sweet, i got Realm".I then put the game in and watched the monitor. I was so exited i now had the most talked about game out there.

Suddenly a guard approuched Singe"This is Realm.Go to the Trading Post with all the others." "Whatever," Singe then went to the Post after the Guard gave him 100 Zen. "I'm going to need some clothes that look good." Singe then heade to the Clothes Stall."I'll take these brown pants,white shirt and black vest ."

"That will be 40 Zen."

Singe then headed for the weopons. A scimitar caught his eye and was going to get before hee noticed a nice looking longsword. Singe grabbed and found suprisingly light. The handle was silver with a nice grip and a strange black stone at the end of the hilt."Nice."Singe went to the seller.

"60 Zen,the sword also comes with this dagger." The dagger was made with the same design but the dagger etched in the hilt but Singe could not make out what it said.

"Why are you selling these finely crafted weopons this cheap, It should be more than 100 Zen."

"Let's just say im being nice and just make sure your on the right side."

Then Singe went to one of the guards."How can I join the Regime.

'The guard replied"Come right this way."

Last edited by paco25_007 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(( Hmmm I see some more things I need to clear up.

When it comes to joining the Resistance, it is a matter of bringing the player to their leader, and a small amount of testing to see where you lie.

As for the Regime, you aren't simply brought up to a General like Gorrix or Raznor, no. You talk to a guard about it, and you are brought to the Training Camp, located on an island far to the West, off the coast of Cascarade. There you are put through training, such as arching, swords, any other weaponry, etc, and are trained in the way of a soldier, learning ranks and formations and stragedies. You are put through brutal fights and tests. It's no walk in the park, but you get superiority over normal players, and most of the time you are wearing your Regime Armor. You reachthe Training Camp by taking a raft down the river to Aggamon, the capital, then taking the same river to Cascarade. There you disembark from your raft and board a ship, which will take you and other trainees to the island. I think I'll make a map of Realm later. ))

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Please get on the raft to Aggamon, Once you get there go on the raft to Cascrade. Someone else will tell you where to go from there. Good Luck, you'll need it. Ha hah!" Singe then got on the raft to Aggamon. A huge city which had the right to be called the Capital.Singe wanted to explore but wanted to get to the Camp first.After resting he went towards Cascarade on another raft. "i need to get some food" Singe had been on his raft for days and was out of food .As Singe finally landed on Cascarade he was going to run to the nearest Inn but suddenly a powerful hand grabbed his shoulder and was yanked back.

"Are you headed to the camp?" Singe turned to see a huge Regime soldier, he was intimidating but Singe stood his ground.

"Yeah,why"

"because you need to get on this ship first.'

""Can I get some food first?" the soldier brung out a small slice of bread from his bag.

"Here is your food. If your going to be a soldier your going to have to eat like one! Now move!" Singe then got on the ship heading for the Training Camp.

Last edited by paco25_007 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next