It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Creature of West Borwich Bog 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This is going to be a Narnia/Pheonix and the Carpet style Roleplay. (Genre: Fantasy)

Storyline
*Five* children have been evacuated to a small cottage in West Borwich. Completely bored in the house, they decide to go exploring in the woods and bog near the cottage. When they become lost, they find an area which they are sure is not on the map, and then something of a legend rises from the bog... And this RP is about the adventures they have.
The RP will start from just after the train has left the station

Characters
- 3-6 RPers, for the 3-6 children in the story.
- All characters are in the same family, which will be the Taylor family, unless someone thinks of a really good name.
- All characters can be no younger than 6, and no older than 15. Characters should be at least 9 months apart, unless two people want to be twins.
- A variety of ages, personalities, and appearances please. If I think your character is too similar to another one, I'll ask you to change it.
- Make your characters realistic. It's 1940's Britain. Also, we're a middle class family from Britain.

Form
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Characteristics:[/b]
[b]Apperance:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

General Notes
I'll post here any notes on pausing the RP or anything.

Check you've read the relevant stickies and general forum rules before posting.
------------------------------
My character (To be honest, I don't mind if you want me to change him so you can use his characteristics/age/ect. So feel free to use these and I'll edit my character)
Name:Dominic J. Taylor
Birthday: 5th May
Characteristics: Dominic is that quiet boy no one notices. He does joke about alot, but only around his siblings. He's quite clever, but not too smart. He is terrified of anything to do with the world war. He loves reading.
Apperance: Small and Short. Brown hair, and hazel eyes.
Other: n/a

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:30 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey can i join? Here we go.

Name: Drake Saros
Birthday: July 13th
Characteristics: Drake is very outgoing. He would give his life to help someone else. He enjoys sports, and is very skilled in the academic field
Appearance: He is tall, has black hair, with a long white streak down the left side. Drake is also muscular.
Other: His parents died when he was five, and now he lives with the Taylors. (Revised)

Last edited by Redsteel13 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Redsteel...read the description. We are all in the same family. And we do have parents.

Name: Benjamin (Ben/Benji) Taylor
Birthday: June 21
Characteristics: Benjamin is a very talented boy by all means. But the problem is, he's lazy. Ben excels in sports, does fairly well in school if he tries, and plays a number of musical instruments. He loves sarcasm and jokes around a lot. What he says usually gets him in trouble.
Apperance: Tall, medium build, blond hair, blue eyes.
Other: Benjamin found a stray dog when he was 12. But he knows his parents wouldn't approve so Ben hides the dog who is a golden retriever puppy named Streak.

(I hope the dog thing is okay.)

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I Changed it , I changed it. That better POE

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
This looks interesting. The "thing" that rises out of the bog, is it the Boogeyman?

Name: Alex Taylor
Birthday: June 21
Characteristics: A pessimist by nature, Alex can find the worst case scenario in any situation. This, combined with his sarcastic and often rude remarks have often gotten him in trouble. He has a good heart under all of his complex layers.
Appearance: Medium height, slim build with dark brown/black hair and pale washed out green eyes: the complete opposite of his twin.
Other: Nothing.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:04 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Should we start soon. There is Four people.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Diamond55000: That should be fine barring that I_X accepts both of us. :P

Redsteel13: None of us have been accepted yet. So no we shouldn't start. And noticing how quickly (a couple of hours) spots have filled up we might want 4+. :)

Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

gotcha'

Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Poe and Diamond are both excepted. And the dog :)

As for Redsteel, I've got a few problems with your application. I am going to be very picky about this, I'm afraid.
For starters, I googled the name Drake, because I've never met anyone called Drake, the only real life Drake I've heard of is Drake Bell (Drake and Josh). The google results say it's a very rare name, so it'd have been even rarer 60 years ago. So I really want a different name, something more common.
Secondly, I wanted everyone to be in the Taylor family. Period. Full Stop. Whatever you want to call this '.' punctuation mark. no adopted children.
Thirdly, from the simple post "gotcha'", I get the impression you may not be fully literate, something I really want for this RP.
Finally, the fact you joined today, and you only have 5 posts, worries me, because I'm not convinced you'll keep actively posting throughout the RP.
So unfortunately, you aren't accepted :( I would have just asked you to change the first two, btw, I'm not going to decline anyone for slight profile problems. But the second two, particularly the fourth, worry me.

As for starting, I'm going to give everyone an chance to apply, so I'm going to leave sign ups for at least 24 hours. Also, I think we need at least 4 RPers, and at least one female character (prefably two). If someone wants to have a boy with dominic's personality though, I'd be happy to change to Andrea Taylor.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
Well, I'm bored, and I've never been a girl before XD .

Name: Samantha Taylor
Birthday: August 3
Characteristics: She is a strong-willed girl. She is a tomboy from growing up with 3/4 brothers and because of that she is also very competitive with all of them. But she is still a child, so she doesn't fully comprehend grave matters or why she should obey her brothers. But she is a bit envious of Benjamin and tries to copy him at all times, she is a bit more obstinate towards him too.
Appearance: She wears overalls a t-shirt and a cap to try to look more like a man whenever she can, unfortunately her parents/nanny/otherguardianincasetheydon'thaveanyofthose usually forbids it. She has blond hair and brown eyes. She is fit and surprisingly strong for a 9-year old girl; a result for trying to always keep up with her brothers.
Other: She prefers being called Sam and says that Samantha is "for grown-ups only".

Not overly original, but I needed something simple.

A bit more than 24 hours, but I hope I'm accepted. :D

Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

*contemplates whether he should enter this RP as he is in 4 others*

ugh... I like the plot soo much (note: Narnia is one of his favourite book series)

I cant help it... I'm applying (limits himself to 5 RP's max), Inta, feel free to refuse me because I'm in multiple RP's, and if I don't reply in the RP for a while, feel free to kick me off then too :D

Name:Daniel Taylor (we all have the same last name... :shock: )
Birthday: December 16th (I'm an outlier :))
Characteristics:
If eldest: Is very fond of his little sister (Samantha) though can be annoyed when she disobeys Alex, himself or any grown up (She doesn't get along well with Ben so I see no point), tends to be a bit of a leader but rathers being equal with his brothers and sister(s). He is rather intelligent and logical and plays a number of instruments (With his bro, Poe, lol rhymes...) and tends to have to defend his brother when in trouble.
If not eldest: Is very fond of his little sister (somethings just dont change...) but is rather troublesome and cheeky, often ending up with getting *insert elder sibling here* in trouble. He loves practical jokes and has ended up in a lot of trouble as a result with his brothers Ben and Alex.
Either: Has often found himself stopping Steak from being found out and
Apperance: Tall, Strong, Well built, has short black hair and blue eyes.
Other: Nothing

I'll edit the 'if eldest, if not' thing out after the RP starts, if I'm in of course :)

~Death

^Click to Visit Pokemon Cobalt^

Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DeathSeeker: Your accepted.
And we begin :O

Dominic was the first one in to the carrige on the train. He sat in the corner by the window, on the seat facing to the back of the train. He opened his bag he was carrying, and got out his book. He opened it to were the bookmark was and began to continue the book from where he'd last finished. He looked at his watch, to see the train was going to leave in 2 minutes. The door to the carrige opened again, and in walked another one of his siblings. He knew he was going to be critisized for not opening the window and waving goodbye to their parents. He didn't want to, because it'd be too upsetting. He turned back to his book.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't realise I hadn't accepted Dunsparce yet. Your accepted, don't worry.

Last edited by Inta Xonem on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
The warning siren blasted off, reminding the passengers to board the train as soon as possible.

Dislocating himself from his mother's smoldering embrace, Alex gave her a small smile and stepped back as the rest of his siblings said goodbye. Giving his mother and father one last mischievous smirk, he darted into the crowd that was boarding the train.

Steam hissed and the crowd jostled forward. Wavering through the crowd, Alex caught sight of quite a few wallets and handbags. He contemplated whether to "borrow" one or not but decided against it. He could be caught and kicked off the train; the risk was not worth it. Instead he pushed and showed his way onto the train and wandered down the walkway, maneuvering his way past old ladies and surly men.

Wandering onward, he continued to search for the compartment that his parents had reserved for himself and his siblings for the journey; 17B.

He finally reached his destination a few moments later and glanced into the compartment. Dominic was there, with his nose buried in a book. Nothing strange or new about that.

Pulling open the door, Alex stepped into the compartment and sat down in the window seat opposite Dominic. He briefly observed the platform before turning his pale green eyes on Dominic and wondered how Dominic had gotten to the compartment so quickly, before he realized that he hadn't seen him saying goodbye earlier.

"You know...you should have said goodbye,” He mused in a quiet voice," the way mom was crying you'd think we would never see each other again..."

The last part was uttered in a dark and strangely foreboding way.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Benjamin had just finished giving his hand a handshake when he saw Alex get on the train. Quickly he walked over to his mother and gave her a hug and a peck on the cheek.

"Bye, Mother," Ben mumbled, "I sure will miss you while we are away."

With a last good-bye, Benjamin darted onto the train in search for the compartment they had reserved.

Hm....what was the number again? Ben thought to himself, It was either 7A or 17B. I guess I'll check both.

So Benjamin walked down the aisle to compartment 7A. He slid open the door in hopes of finding his siblings. But there was no one in there. So Ben walked further down to compartment 17B. When he slid the door wide open, he saw his little brother Dominic and his twin Alex.

"Dominic why didn't you say goodbye to Mother or Father? Mother was bawling because she didn't see you." Benjamin hated when his mother was upset. Then Ben turned to Alex and asked, "Are you ready for this, Alex? It's going to be a great adventure."

((I'm sorry if this is bad. This is actually my first RP...not counting some dumb ones that I joined randomly and never posted in.))

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Considering the plural from IX, I assume their father is there.))

Sam was trying hard not to cry. "I have to be strong, like Ben; I mustn't cry. Still, she couldn't stop her miserable facial features as she hugged her parents goodbye. "Now, Sam, remember..." Her father had squatted down to talk to her, "Obey your brothers, but also be strong for them, they're good boys but occasionally," he gave a quick side glance to his wife and a brief half-smile, "a man needs a woman to kick him into shape." Sam gave a small smile at that, "Yes father." she said. "Good girl, now you better go get on that train." "And take care, Samantha." Her mother added through her tears. Sam nodded and walked slowly towards the train and up the stairs, much like a condemned man towards gallows. When she had broken free of the jostling crowd inside she headed away from their reserved compartment, she had no desire to be with anyone at the moment. Instead, she found an empty one. She managed to hold back until the train started moving, but then, she couldn't keep it in.

She curled up, and cried.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Eldest is last to say bye... so sad.. :cry: )

Daniel smiled slightly as he watched Samantha walk slowly off. He turned to his parents looking rather grave.

"We will see each other again mother" He said as he hugged her.

His mother smiled slightly through her tears.

"Yes... yes, we'll see each other again.."

Daniel gave her one last hug and turned to his father.

"You know what you have to do Daniel" his father told him rather shortly "Take care of your brothers and sister, bring them back home safely"

"I will, we'll all be back home before you know it"

There was a brief moment of silence. And both moved together and hugged.

"Take good care of yourself too son" He said quietly

Daniel couldn't remember the last time his father called him that. After a moment he nodded gravely to both his parents and moved through the crowd. He felt the steady gave of his parents on his back as he disappeared into crowd. Daniel climbed into the train as the last warning hoot was sounded. He glanced once back at his solid faced father and weeping mother and boarded the train.

Daniel walked down away from the carriage, in order to get some food for his siblings, he heard the stifled sound of crying in one compartment and guessed it was Samantha. He sighed and walked straight down the carriage knowing that she wouldn't want to be disturbed.

War's aren't good for anything

(And Poe, I'd say that's a lot better than most first time RPer's, and you might want to bring streak out of hiding soon)

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The train set off. Whilst his three brothers waved goodbye to their parents, Dominic realised Sam wasn't in the carridge with them. He decided to go and look for her. He put down his book, and went to look for her. He walked halfway down the corridor before he found her, curled up in the corner of an empty carridge. He opened the door quietly.
"Sam, are you OK?"

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Daniel felt the train come slowly to life and leave the station. He picked up the parcels of food he had bought from the bar and walked back through the the train. Daniel stole one last glance out of the train onto the city that he realised mightn't exist when he got back. (Are we leaving London, or some other major city??)

Daniel walked down the carriage wondering whether he would truly see his parents again.

(Sorry for the pretty bad (and soppy :D) post, I'm just going to wait till Dunpsarce posts before intruding on the others)

Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sam froze when she heard her brother's voice, "Oh no, one of them has seen me.". She quickly wiped the tears from her eyes and sat up. "I'm fine Dominic, let's just go back to the carriage." She didn't want to snap at Dominic, she wasn't as competitive with him as the others, and she was too sad right now. Sam got up and walked towards the door, thinking "I can hold the rest in until we get to the cottage.".

Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:59 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Daniel walked quickly through the space between the cars, shutting the door quickly behind him. He shivered and rubbed his arms. The wind whipping around the train was as cold as ice. Daniel walked quickly down the car towards the carriage, glancing quickly into other carriages filled with Children. Daniel stole through the car looking for Sam.

He found the carriage and saw Dominic talking to her through the frosted glass window. He saw Sam get up and walk towards the car door. Daniel stepped back and waited for Sam to leave the carriage, hoping to talk to her after she got out.

Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((We were in London. I was sure I wrote that somewhere :( )

Sam seemed to wipe something off here face. She paused for a second, then said "I'm fine Dominic, let's just go back to the carridge." Dominic left, and spotted Daniel outside of the carridge. He looked like he wanted to speak to Sam, so Dominic just went back to the carridge without them.
When he got into the carridge, he picked up his book and began to read again.

MEANWHILE ON THE STATION :O!
(Beatrice is our mothers name, unless you want her to be something else)
Beatrice was crying. She might never see her children again... no, she couldn't thing like that. But why hadn't Dominic said goodbye? Then she noticed a small piece of paper sticking out her purse. What's this? she thought.

Dear Mother,
I don't think I'll be brave enough to say goodbye tommorrow, because I think it would be too upsetting, so I wrote you a note instead. I know I'm going to miss you alot, and I hope that I see you again soon. You can come and visit us, right?
- Dominic

Beatrice smiled, and the took her husbands hand and they walked off the station.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(It sounds like an old woman's name...Oh, I know that this is you're RP, but both Poe and I addressed you directly only for you to walk off. I died a little inside :shock: .)

Alex had remained impassive as the awkward silence ensured as Dominic continued to ignore him and Ben, who had just come into the compartment and gave Dominic a lecture. He couldn't help but smile slightly as Dominic walked out of the compartment, abandoning his book on the seat.

The compartment door slammed shut as Dominic walked off, leaving Ben and Alex alone.

Another moment of silence was shared by the two before Ben declared, in an excited tone, how the trip would be a great adventure. Alex gave him a pointed look that seemed to imply something between agreement and vague discontent. Ben was quick to catch the look and return one of his own, a slight frown, seeming to question Alex.

The almost telepathic conversation between the twins continued as they regarded each other, facial expressions changing from time to time, eyes locked on each other. The scene was strange and to any passerby would have seemed like nothing more than a staring contest, but it was in fact an almost conversation. The twins had always been able to read each other flawlessly, maybe that’s why they were such good partners in crime when it came to pranks. Their father had often joked about how the two should join the circus and show off their talents for a quick buck.

It was during the strange conversation that Alex once more experienced a feeling of dread and he shivered involuntarily. He wondered if Ben had noticed his discomfort, before he could ask the compartment door opened and Dominic walked in once more and buried his nose in his book.

Shaking away the uncomfortable feeling, Alex adopted his best 'I'm bored' look and turned his attention back to the window. He knew that the rest of his siblings would be arriving soon.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((Sorry Death reminded of this yesterday. I had totally forgoten. :o))

Benjamin was seriously offended when Dominic just ignored him and walked out.

That boy needs a talking to when he gets back, thought Ben. After Dominic had left Benjamin noticed Alex giving him looks. Without a word Ben seemed to understand how Alex was feeling. Thus starting a conversation that seemed telepathic.

All of a sudden Alex seemed to have given a shiver. He's feeling uncomfortable, thought Benjamin. But before Ben had a chance to respond to this feeling Dominic walked in.

"Dominic why did you ignore us earlier? If something is wrong Alex and I will try to help."

Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sam followed through the door after Dominic but paused when she saw Daniel. "Oh no, how long has he been there?" She thought fearfully. She didn't think that Daniel would tease here too much for it but what if he told the others she had been crying...

With these thoughts in mind her voice was a bit sharp as she said, "What is it Daniel?".

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Inta... you do realise that in your previous post you wrote three brothers.. even though I was at the opposite end of the train :| )

Daniel lifted one of his eyebrows.

"Why the sharp tone Sam?" Daniel asked with a slight grin

Daniel pulled out some food from one of his bags and handed it to Sam.

"Are you alright about all of this" Daniel asked knowing full well that she wasn't "You know we'll see mother and father again..."

(Btw, you can make the food whatever you like, but make it realisitic, :wink: )

Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next