It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 I Dream of Life [active and closed to applicants] 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<p align="center">Info
Those making their post later may be found during the journey, along the road, etc.</p>
Setting: U.S.
Plot: For those along the Pacific coast, life has been getting increasingly difficult. A drought struck the land, the crops died, animals have been dieing, and people have been becoming sick. As people along the coast try to live in blissful ignorance of the happenings around them, people are beginning to disappear at an increasingly frightening pace.

Our tale begins in California when creatures suddenly attack. They seem to feed only on people who are at least 18, prefering their prey to be alive for as long as possible as they eat. It is unknown whether they can realize the others are there, or if they just don't care. No one knows whether or not you're still 'safe' when you're 17. And, people certainly don't know where they came from.

Because of the carnage and pandemonium, it's been impossible to get news in or out. The only thing known by the rest of the world, that has yet to come under seige, is that something very bad has happened. The creatures are able to strike anywhere, there are winged, finned, and (seemingly) land-locked beasts.

Can these beasts be stopped before all the adults are dead?
More Details: There is a group of kids that are making their way east-ward, trying to get to D.C.. The oldest people in this small band of kiddies are 15 [who turn 16 during the RP], there are only two of them. The youngest is 3 or 4 years old. The RP begins right before the attack, none of the kids know each other originally. They all meet while the attack is going on, or afterwards along the way.
Additional Rules:
    1] You must be literate. I can stand mistakes, I can't stand chatspeak.
    2] No godmoding.
    3] No Mary Sues, I want different personalities, I don't want everyone to be nice. But, make sure you can make the character's believable.
    4] Use OOC, (()), or [[]] to show out of character speech.
    5] Use the profile I provide, delete the parts that do not apply and whatever notes I may've added. I've given you a code, use it. I will not take the time to fix it, no matter how small the issue is.
    6] You will not post until I approve your profile and open the thread for active RP.
    7] I reserve the right to edit the rules at any given time.
    8] The time stream in the RP is different than in real life. Example, even if you go to bed it is not a new day in the thread.
    9] This is a team-based RP. Simply put, this means that all the members must travel together once they all meet up.
    10] Have fun

Profile: All notes I have made will be in parentheses, remember to delete these while filling out the profile. Some areas may not be applicable to your character, please delete these. The two 15 year olds must be played, I will play the one. I will give some information on the other, then you may have free reign. This RP will not have many members [a total of 8], if you're afraid it might take too long for you to fill out the form feel free to reserve a spot.
Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (An image and/or a written description is fine.)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

<p align="center">Profiles</p>
Crimson wrote:
Character Name: Julie Apple
Appearance: Julie is an average looking girl with brown hair and warm brown eyes. She has a kind smile. She's a petite girl with a will of iron.
Personality: Julie has a strong sense of responsibility and immediately steps up as a leader in their little group. She's a friendly girl, but she'll do the dirty work to keep other people's hands clean. She has a tendency to push herself too far though. Julie can also be some-what of a worry-wart.
Other: Along with Jacob, she's taken a role as a parental figure in the group. She and Jacob get along fairly well, and don't make decisions without consolting the other. People sometimes call her 'Jul' ['Jewel'] or 'Juls' ['Jewels'].

Charly wrote:
Character Name: Axel Turmoil
Appearance: Axel has black fuzzy hair and big blue eyes, white shirt with hood, grey parker, light blue jean-short-things, black boots, and big white socks that are just pushed down.
Personality: Emotional, but doesn't like to show it. Brave only when pushed to the edge. Has a temper and will tell it how it is. Shy at first until he gets used to the people around him.

Treeckoluv wrote:
Character Name: Patrick Mulholland
Appearance: Chestnut hair that reached just below his ear, plain Poppy-red shirt, green baggy jeans, shoes are white with red interior and white socks with grey underside.
Personality: Patrick is usually quite calm, but his curiosity can get the better of him sometimes. He won't refrain frokm defending his freinds.
Other: He barely ever listens to people talking, unless he thinks he should. He can be disobedient sometimes.

Treeckomaster wrote:
Character Name:Seshu Iyengar
Appearance: Skinny, Average height, black hair w Brown (Naturral) streaks when facing light.
Personality: Kind of tempered, slightly childish and laughs to easy, but a good friend in the worst of times
Other: Likes to eat.

Kawaii Angel wrote:
Character Name: Megan Williams
Appearance: 5'1" with brown hair that reaches a few inches below her shoulders. Skinny, and kinda athletetic. Has bright blue eyes behind black rimmed glasses.
Personality: Caring and helpful, yet always follows the person she trusts most.
She is extremely loyal, and will go to great leaps to help someone she cares about, even if she is scared. Very good at rock climbing, and loves nature. Very smart and a good problem solver. Very short tempered, but hides her anger sometimes. Other times, she can get very angry and can seem scary...
Other: She can be stubborn and shy at times for no reason.

poplers wrote:
Character Name: Daisy Walker
Appearance:Petite, skinny, red hair, freckle speckled face with vivid blue eyes. Her hair is long and goes all the way down to the blue ribbon on her dress. Her dress is small at the top with a large skirt bottom, (sundress). It has vertical blue striping on the top half, and horizontal stripes on the bottom.
Personality: Has a good outlook on life. Although insecure, she tends to hide it a lot. Her talent is acting, and she is quite mischievous, the two elements together have been able to dupe her mother into thinking that she is on a math tour (running across California doing math tournaments), although she's staying with her father in Napa Valley.
Other:Her parents are divorced, she hates when people bring up Christmas, easter, birthday givings, etc. Anything to do with togetherness within the home she shuns, because her home is disconnected. Her mother lives in L.A. and her father in Napa Valley, her mother is a furniture designer for the stars and her father owns a winery and a half (co-creator).

queenofinsanity wrote:
Character Name: Alera Mason
Appearance: shoulder-length wavy black hair with self-applied purple highligts put in once her parents were attacked-in a celebration of freedom, deep blue eyes, tall, skinny and mostly flat-chested
Personality: She likes people to think of her as a tough girl-but she's really a softy at heart with a thing for kids, animals and anything that can't take care of itself. Secretly an honor roll student-although she makes a show out of pretending to have no use for school. Her parents were high profile execs that werent ever around much-she was mostly raised by the various nannys, maids, and housekeepers that her parents go through quickly. She's ashamed of this, and won't ever admit it. She'd rather keep everyone scared of her so they don't ask questions.
Other: has a mostly black mutt that's about three years old named Trouble that she found hurt near her house as a puppy. She nursed him back to health and he follows her everywhere. He's big and mean looking-but is really just a giant puppy

Sentinel wrote:
Character Name: Jacob Black
Appearance: Jacob never cared much about his appearance until recently. He wears a light grey and black striped, collared T-Shirt, and baggy, faded blue jeans. His shoes are dark grey and black Reeboks.
Personality: Jacob can be very nice, but can also be very mean when he is upset. He is very trustworthy, and makes friends easily.
Other: Along with Julie, he's taken a role as a parental figure in the group. He and Julie get along fairly well, and don't make decisions without consolting the other.

Last edited by Crimson on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:22 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Appearance: Axel has black fuzzy hair and big blue eyes, white shirt with hood, grey parker, light blue jean-short-things, black boots, and big white socks that are just pushed down.
Personality: Emotional, but doesn't like to show it. Brave only when pushed to the edge. Has a temper and will tell it how it is. Shy at first until he gets used to the people around him.

Eh, can't think of anything else right now.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Eh, can't think of anything else right now.

Hee, that's fine. Just happy to see you join.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Appearance: Chestnut hair that reached just below his ear, plain Poppy-red shirt, green baggy jeans, shoes are white with red interior and white socks with grey underside.
Personality: Patrick is usually quite calm, but his curiosity can get the better of him sometimes. He won't refrain frokm defending his freinds.
Other: He barely ever listens to people talking, unless he thinks he should. He can be disobedient sometimes.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:57 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Character Name:Seshu Iyengar
Appearance: Skinny, Average height, black hair w Brown (Naturral) streaks when facing light.
Other Form[s]:--------
Personality: Kind of tempered, slightly childish and laughs to easy, but a good friend in the worst of times
Other: Likes to eat. :? ((Nothing else I could think of))

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:06 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

((Charly, delete this later if you must))

Uh, Crimson, I just posted that 1 minute ago :shock:

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
Appearance: 5'1" with brown hair that reaches a few inches below her shoulders. Skinny, and kinda athletetic. Has bright blue eyes behind black rimmed glasses. She wears boy type pants that cut off at the knees, or Kapris, and wears either a long or short sleeved shirt.
Personality: Caring and helpful, yet always follows the person she trusts most. She is shy to people that she doesn't know extremely well, and is anti-social, as well as very quiet. Knowing some phrases in Japanese, she sometimes speaks in the language. She is a tomboy that doesn't like to be noticed, so she sometimes hides her figure in shirts and baggy/hiking pants. She hates jeans. She is extremely loyal, and will go to great leaps to help someone she cares about, even if she is scared. Very good at rock climbing, and loves nature. Very smart and a good problem solver. Very short tempered, but hides her anger sometimes. Other times, she can get very angry and can seem scary...
Other: She can be stubborn and shy at times for no reason.

((Better?))

Last edited by Kawaii Angel on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There is an issue with your profile's formatting. Unless it is fixed, you will not be accepted.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
((I edited it. Is that what you meant? Sorry about that...))

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:23 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Appearance:Petite, skinny, red hair, freckle speckled face with vivid blue eyes. Her hair is long and goes all the way down to the blue ribbon on her dress. Her dress is small at the top with a large skirt bottom, (sundress). It has vertical blue striping on the top half, and horizontal stripes on the bottom.
Personality: Has a good outlook on life. Although insecure, she tends to hide it a lot. Her talent is acting, and she is quite mischievous, the two elements together have been able to dupe her mother into thinking that she is on a math tour (running across California doing math tournaments), although she's staying with her father in Napa Valley.
Other:Her parents are divorced, she hates when people bring up Christmas, easter, birthday givings, etc. Anything to do with togetherness within the home she shuns, because her home is disconnected. Her mother lives in L.A. and her father in Napa Valley, her mother is a furniture designer for the stars and her father owns a winery and a half (co-creator).

Well, I hope I'm literate enough. :)

Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Appearance: Athletically built, so pretty muscular. Around 5 foot 7 inches. Is tan from living along the beach for so long. He has deep blue eyes and brown hair. He is wearing a white T-Shirt with a silver marking on the front. He has a sky blue vest on and semi-dark blue jeans with white and gold sneakers.
Personality: Is brave and very loyal too his friends. He also makes friends very easily, which can lead to one of his downfalls of trusting people doing to easily. His main fear is heights but can deal if he has too.
Other: His family is in D.C. with his 8 year old little sister's week-long field trip there. His grandparent's came over too his family's estate too watch him. The monsters attacked in the middle of the night. He went and saw both of his grandparents had been taken. He got together a backpack with things for survival. He's now riding his bike into the nearest town to see what's hapening.

Backpack Contents: - Flashlight
- Extra Food and Water
- Rope
- Pocket Knife
- Radios
- Compass
- Book of Maps

Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I hope I'm literate enough. :)

Accepted. As long as you make an attempt at proper grammar like you do in the FanFic forum you'll be fine.

Nidoman...

Quote:
5] Use the profile I provide, delete the parts that do not apply and whatever notes I may've added. I've given you a code, use it. I will not take the time to fix it, no matter how small the issue is.

I wasn't kidding, your profile as it stands will not be accepted unless its formating issues are fixed. Not only that, but with the way your character is...you wouldn't be able to interact with anyone else for awhile.

Edit: By the way, even if we get all the free slots filled...the RP won't start without someone playing Jacob. There is only one more free slot, and Jacob's character has very little information to it. They can add to what I've put in the other slot, and can make him to be however they want him to be. But, I'm very serious about someone playing Jacob. I wouldn't have made him if I felt he was unnecessary.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Appearance: shoulder-length wavy black hair with self-applied purple highligts put in once her parents were attacked-in a celebration of freedom, deep blue eyes, tall, skinny and mostly flat-chested
Personality: She likes people to think of her as a tough girl-but she's really a softy at heart with a thing for kids, animals and anything that can't take care of itself. Secretly an honor roll student-although she makes a show out of pretending to have no use for school. Her parents were high profile execs that werent ever around much-she was mostly raised by the various nannys, maids, and housekeepers that her parents go through quickly. She's ashamed of this, and won't ever admit it. She'd rather keep everyone scared of her so they don't ask questions.
Other: has a mostly black mutt that's about three years old named Trouble that she found hurt near her house as a puppy. She nursed him back to health and he follows her everywhere. He's big and mean looking-but is really just a giant puppy
((Yes, it has been ages. Hey everyone!))

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:35 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

NO MORE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS. THERE IS ONE REMAINING SLOT FOR WHOMEVER WILL PLAY JACOB.

Once we have a Jacob, the RP will start.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((Since noone else wants to be Jacob I will be [with Crimson's permission, of course.]))

Character Name: Jacob Black
Appearance: Jacob never cared much about his appearance until recently. He wears a light grey and black striped, collared T-Shirt, and baggy, faded blue jeans. His shoes are dark grey and black Reeboks.
Personality: Jacob can be very nice, but can also be very mean when he is upset. He is very trustworthy, and makes friends easily.
Other: Along with Julie, he's taken a role as a parental figure in the group. He and Julie get along fairly well, and don't make decisions without consolting the other.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[[Accepted, thanks for joining Sentinel. The attack will begin in my second post once most people [or if I deem enough] make their first post.]]

Julie waited patiently in line at the concession stand. All those times of waiting in the lunch line for half of the period made it very easy to be patient during the wait. It did help that she was able to escape the scorching sun that was high above the beach for a bit. The brunette wanted a nice cold drink and even if she'd been waiting for 10 minutes so far she was determined to get it.

The girl behind her sighed and mumbled, "It's like being in school all over again."

The brunette laughed and turned to the tall teen behind her. "I know, we try to escape it and it won't let go."

The blonde smiled, "I'm so glad I graduated this year. And I just turned 18 last week!"

It was clear the girl was still very excited by the idea. She did have good reason to be, after all she was a legal adult now. "How does if feel to be 18 now?" Julie gave the girl a warm smile that never faded as they continued their pleasent conversation.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Appearance: Athletically built, so pretty muscular. Around 5 foot 7 inches. Is tan from living along the beach for so long. He has deep blue eyes and brown hair. He is wearing a white T-Shirt with a silver marking on the front. He has a sky blue vest on and semi-dark blue jeans with white and gold sneakers.
Personality: Is brave and very loyal too his friends. He also makes friends very easily, which can lead to one of his downfalls of trusting people doing to easily. His main fear is heights but can deal if he has too.
Other:His family is in D.C. with his 8 year old little sister's week-long field trip there.

There you go, I guess I had to change it to 14 because of the other leader.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I tend to use my characters in first person. :)))

Megan walked outside of her classroom and walked to lunch, alone. She yawned and stretched. When She got to the table, a raven-haired girl was waiting there for me. "So, how's leadership?" She asked. "It's good, but having the class this early in the morning makes me tired." Megan yawned again, and the girl laughed.

She got up and stood in line, as Megan took out my lunch from her lunch bag. She adjusted her glasses, and ate her sandwich. The raven haired girl sat back down with her lunch. They continued the conversation, which turned into several different topics. They laughed, and soon got up, and walked around the quad area.

((Sorry. It is just harder for me to do it in third person, and I switched because I couldn't understand what I was typing and had to retype a section or two when I used third person...I'll try my best, though. :)))

Last edited by Kawaii Angel on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[[Nidoman, take a look at the forum title. It's closed to applicants, I didn't reserve a spot for you, go count the profiles in the first post if you want to. Even if there were another slot, yours wouldn't be accepted because it's STILL not formatted correctly.

Angel, I'm a fan of first person as people who frequent the FanFiction forum will tell you. In an RP it's difficult to follow sometimes, I would appreciate it if you would stick to third person.]]

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It was that time of year again. That one week of hell where her parents dragged themselves away from all their important buisness to spend time with their daughter. They always acted like she should be ecstatic to see them, as if they were important people in her life, but they were strangers, really.
The good thing about the week was that she didn't have to deal with them much anyway-they stayed on the phone for almost the entire time every year, and they always took her to fun places. This year was the beach-relatively low-key, but they were going all out and renting the fanciest, most elaborate beach house they could find. She'd seen celebrity mansions on tv that were smaller than it. And she had to say, she loved the beach. Trouble was having fun as well, and causing both parents to stick up their noses at the same time. They never did understand why she preferred him to a purebred showdog like they'd offered her instead.
They both ran in and out of the waves happily, the warm sun and water putting her in a rare good mood. SHe turned to her parents and grinned at them, waving haphazardly.
The rush of joy on her mother's face when she did so took her by surprise and she started to head over there. Perhaps it was time to have a real chat with her mother-who for once was off the phone.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:33 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Hey Jacob, we're over here!" called a larger blonde-haired boy from across the lunchroom. Jacob sidled into the seat across from him.

"How's Becky?" Jacob asked.

"Things aren't looking good, she won't even answer my calls anymore."

"Ouch. That must suck."

Jacob began eating his lunch, nodding everytime the blonde-haired boy mentioned one of his problems.

((I couldn't think of anything else. :cry: ))

Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next