It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 pokemon, the next generation. a DMed RP 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Prolouge: you wake up from your bed in your house in Tajo town, on the continent of anosa. your mother tells you that proffeser pine has called you to his lab.
(basically a Pokemon GB/DS game with new pokemon)

trainer profile:

name:
apperance:
background:
the sooner you post the sooner you get to pick so HURRY UP!

your mission: collect all the pokemon and defeat the elite four!

Rules: i decide what pokemon the characters encounter, when they evolve, when they level up, wether they hit, snapping out of confusion etc.

no: spamming, flaming, double posting, arguing with me, godmodding, most of the usual rules etc.

•Battles: -Battles may be against wild pokemon, NPC's and their pokemon, and other RPers.

all RPers are in control of what his or her character does and says. I will ensure the pokemon follows orders as best I can. However, a pokemon may be disobedient, scared, too injured, unable to hear your character, etc.

-Condition changers (freeze, paralysis, burn, poison, and sleep) can happen to none or all of the RPer's pokemon in a battle. However, a pokemon can only be suffering form one condition changer at a time.

-If an RPer is battling another RPer or if an RPer is in a gym battle and other RPers are waiting to take on that gym leader and the RPer goes without posting for 48 hours they automatically lose the battle. This is so one person doesn't have to wait forever because someone got bored with the RP.

-MOST IMPORTANT PART TO KNOW WHEN YOU BEGIN THIS RP: PEOPLE WILL LOSE BATTLES. Especially if you are up against another RPer.

-The area you fight in is simply the area you are in when the battle begins.

-Pokemon cannot fight if they would be unable to in that area.
For example: Seakings cannot fight on a street and charmeleons cannot fight in the middle of the ocean unless it is on top of a large enough pokemon or ship.

-I will be in control of all actions within the battle except for what RPers' characters do and say.

•Moves: -Whether a move is physical, special, or other is based off of the Fourth Generation's formula.

-Moves must be issued in the thread. I will not use any commands that are given to me via PM. However, RPers may try to disguise their command by saying it differently, such as backwards or as numbers. I will do the best I can to decode it, but be warned: if I can't understand it, the pokemon won't be able to either.

-Only moves that the pokemon can learn via level-up and ONE(1) egg move will be permitted before TM's or HM's are obtained or tutors are met. Do note that, technically, TM's, HM's, and tutored moves are considered egg moves.

-each pokemon may only know 4 moves at a time

-Any attempt to do an illegal move will result in a penalty, see below.

-Although moves may be learned by a pokemon, depending on how strong it is will affect its ability to control and aim the move. For example, a squirtle will not be able to properly aim a hydro pump attack nor will a munchlax be able to properly use a body slam or have enough coordination to use facade without extensive practice.

-Other TM's and HM's, as well as tutored moves will be able to be used if and when they are obtained by your character, provided the pokemon you want to use them on is compatable with it.

-Odds of moves hitting or a secondary effect working will be determined by me

-Move accuracy also depends on, but is not limitted to, distance between the pokemon and its target, how injured one or both are, how quickly they can move (an aggron has to get pretty close to an electrode to land a physical move like mega punch), and conditions of the area where the pokmon is/are.

-Stat changers are up to 6x or down to x/6 like in the game.

-Moves will not be cut and dry as they are in the game so use your imagination when it comes to attacking. For example, if a pokemon gets directly under a flying pokemon and does stone edge, the rocks will go up and then come back down giving two chances to hit.

•Obtaining Items: -Items will be obtained by finding them, receiving them as payment for doing a task, trading one item for another, buying items, and various other methods

•Difficulty: -How hard or how easy the RP is for your character will depend on how your character acts. If you have him or her act as if they're always on the ball and can over come anything, they will generally get difficult problems and tough & imaginative opponents. If you have him or her act like a newbie trainer, they will generally get simple problems and weak & simple-minded opponents.

-The difficulty is also effected by who your character is around. Both other RPers and NPC's will make the challenge more and less difficult.

-How difficult your character has it in the RP also affects how good their pokemon are. As long as your character can accomplish his or her tasks, the greater the difficulty means the better your pokemon become and it also means that he or she will receive better items and rewards.

•Breaking the rules: Some people may get carried away and forget the rules once in a while. They may do something like control their pokemon or its attacks, so here are the penalties (All penalties will be followed with an explanation of why they were issued).

Inside a battle:
-1st and 2nd time: The move will fail, even if it is something like harden, it will fail and your opponent will have a free shot to do their move, which will hit/work along with all its secondary effects.

-3rd time: The pokemon your character has out will faint.

-4th time: Your character loses the battle.

Outside a battle:
-Varies. Consequences may include: Embarassing things happening to your character, having items stolen from your character, or NPC's refusing to help or interact with your character.

Credit goes to daveshan for the backbone of these rules.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:17 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

apperance:Tall and skinny
background:Came from Jhoto

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

TOM:
you walk over to pine's lab as your mother told you he needed you for something(at least i assume you will). "ahh tom come here" hte proffesor called, a tall man with a black goatee in his early 30's. "i need someone to help me complete a record of all the pokemon in anosa. i'll give you this (holds up poke-dex) and a pokemon to get you started, plus some pokeballs in order to make your collection grow. what do you say?"

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:55 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

"Of course sir!" Tom replied. "What's my first Pokemon?"

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(click to enlarge) "so which will it be?"

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:19 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

"I'll take Croakachar." Tom said with an akward face. He didn't really like any of them. "I'll nickname it, Drago."

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Appearance: Long Blonde Hair put in a ponytail. She wears a black short sleeve shirt with jeans.
Background: From Kanto, Cinnabar Island

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:30 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

He didn't really like any of them"

(sorry)

"you look, umm... dissapointed." I do have another one if you'll give me A- ahh! seiru! give me second tom. you overheard what i had just explained to tom hear did you not? anyway choose one if you desire. wait here tom i'll be back. umm... out of curiosity what sort of pokemon do you like?"

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

" Yes, sir, I heard. I'll take the Splashopotamos." Seiru politely said.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:07 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Apperance: Messy black hair, red-and-white striped polo shirt, and Red shorts...
Background: Shy around people, yet brave in battles...

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"treecko? OH! thats one of those hoenn pokemon isn't it? well i'm sorry to say i don't have one but maybe this will be to your liking." the proffesor went and grabbed a pokeball of his desk, and released the pokemon inside. "this is a preky. they're agile and enjoy swinging on vines in jungles. if you don't like it I have some more pokemon.(i'll post a picture in a few minutes)

edit:[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5796/prekyti9.th.png]

(imagine it as if it looked good)

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:10 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Tom's face lit up. "It's so cool!" Then he turned to Seiru. "Do you want to travel with me? The more the merrier!"

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Name: Liz
Appearance: Same as Avatar.
Background: Liz had never really liked Pokemon until her best friend moved away. She felt very lonely and suddenly felt the urge to have a close companion.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"good i'm glad you like it. Ahh! liz joshua did you hear us? pick a pokemon if you like. once you've done that you can head to calusun city. it gets a little bit swampy over there so be careful. OH and here are 10 pokeballs for each of you. good luck!" (thats it! no more RPers until these guys are done beating the 'leet 4)

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:55 pm
Profile YIM
Fails at life
Fails at life

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"I think I'll go with Heftizard, if that would be alright with you..."

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Yea, I'm perfectly fine with that." Said Joshua. "Can I have the Splashapotamus?" He asked. He loves water Pokèmon....

(Lol...I might make some...sooner or later...I'll have to do it on paint though...Poor..grass starter..it wasn't chosen! :lol: )

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"well... because seiru here chose splashapotamus that means that you're left with crockachar. but i do have a water pokemon in the back somewhere. let me just find it..."

"here it is!"

so its either this or crockachar. whadya say?

(tom, seiru, you guys can go ahead and start on the way to the next town if you want)

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Sorry, I'm working on a little spriting guide... :cry: )

"Sure, why not! It's pretty cute!" Said Joshua. He rushed to follow the others, while stuffing his Pokèballs into his bag...

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"so i guess you'll all be traveling together? well thats just splendid. have fun! oh and here take this with you!" he handed them all town maps. "as you can see, in order to get to the next town you head east out of the city and through the marsh. anyway go make me proud!"

so on the way do you want to look around for pokemon or get there as soon as possible? is there anything you want to do before your departure?

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Before Liz left, she decided to go talk to her mom. She showed her her new pokemon and finally left. She could still see the other three ahead of her on the path, but as it was getting darker, she was losing her vision.

She finally took Heftizard out of it's pokeball and hopped on it's back. She then ordered it to run fast to catch up with the others. She didn't want to be left too far behind.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next