It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Psypoke's version of ESRB 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Undeadcutlet, Midnight vs Psyche, page 12 wrote:

"I'm sorry, but I have to do this," Ghost said, lowering the gun and pointing it at Serra, "for Magil."
Ghost looked at Serra, and his eyes caught her's just for a second as he pulled the trigger.

Gun Fights, Zombies, Dogfights, all of these various elements have in some way or another found their home in various Roleplays. :P

In addition, some roleplays (We'll use the Sith Roleplay for example) Naturally have some things that would violate standard Psypoke RPG rules. (It's Star Wars. Light saber fights and dogfights are implied in the very Title!) Now, having participated in a few of these "not quite correct" Roleplays, I can vouch for there being fun. but there should be some extra though put into these, and maybe some limitations too. after all, it's still a children’s board.

So. I now present my Custom Ratings Guide:

Code:
[IMG]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4108/ratingsymboleha1.gif[/IMG]

An E rated role-play should, *surprise* be acceptable for everyone on the forums. Pokemon battles: Great, no gore though. Knife or Gunplay? No go my friend. romance? Nothing you wouldn't see in Cinderella or Snow White.
My suggested restrictions: Just follow standard RPG guidelines. :D

Code:
[IMG]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2492/ratingsymbole10lj8.gif[/IMG]

The E-10+ Gives a little more leeway than E rated, but not THAT much more. The movie "The Incredibles" Makes an excellent guideline for these. minor gunplay? Okay I think, but probably limit that to only goons who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, or use less-than-lethal weapons like Zero Point energy or Tazers, and Limit the blood, or better yet, don't use any. Wiley Coyote stuff is right at home here. As far as romance goes, a few small kisses are fine for those that feel like having his/her character flirt.
My suggested restrictions: Be careful with this one, as some of the players may try to twist it outside its initial rating. Mods, Make sure the person applying to start such a roleplay is a responsible person, and check back on the status of these every now and then just to be safe. :wink:

Code:
[IMG]http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1818/ratingsymboltjx6.gif[/IMG]

The guiding guideline for these would be star wars stuff. Violence is allowed, lots of explosions are also an okay thing here. But there should be minimal gore involved. Notice that in Star Wars you only see the character get a smoldering hole punched into him after a blaster shot, with very little if any blood. Spraying blood is not acceptable even here. As far as romance, again, Use star wars guidelines. A little love story between two characters is fine, but even After Padm'e and Anakin were married the most you ever knew about the relationship was greatly implied. And truthfully, we don't need that filth on Psypoke. So absolutely NO Sleeping together!

Suggested Restrictions: These should be Advanced Role-plays for the most part. And Mods Should give the matter a deal of thought to accepting these. Is the person in charge dependable? Does the role-play skirt the line in too many places? As you play these, stay on the lookout for excessive gore, discontented players, power playing (this is a greater danger here than in other role-plays! Beware!), player getting too “mushy” and other such RPG evils. Mods should check back often or better yet, join. That way they can monitor the role-play at all times. If player think things are getting out of hand then they should PM the Game Master first, and possibly a Mod.

M rated:
That stuff does not belong here! Go find yourself another forum to post your trash on!

Now, if the Mods feel like assigning Ratings to each roleplay, that’s fine. But IMO It would be easier to just put them directly in the application. And if the mod gives the Role-play the OK then post the picture in your role-plays topic. (Pictures always make people take notice anyway.)

Well, that’s my two cents. The mods can now sticky, move, delete, add to, or do whatever to this topic. Just don’t ban me or anything… :P

Edited title for clarification Dec 21st, Edit By Darth DLA

Last edited by Darth DLA on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 03, 2007 7:01 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I think this generation of Psypokes should start USING this.

Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Just Northeast of the Almia region, at the top of the highest mounain.
But notice that few people do.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This seems absolutely reasonable, though I doubt that very many people will use this system. I think it's a superb idea though. THe only thing I can promise though is no real gory/'personal' stuff and no cus words.

Image (by Ender)

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:49 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
I myself am against censorship, but I guess I could use this.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]