It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Timefield Fractures ~ Rounding Off Soon 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GQ, TOW, can you please slow down a bit? Others may not have enough time to read through your many posts and keep up with the story...

Oh, and could you both try to use 3rd person? 1st person is a little...not right for RPs.

"Okay, so we need to find Toch, since he could be anywhere, but ..." Lex's words were drowned out by the sound of screams coming from the floor below. He leapt to his feet and peered over the ledge. He saw people scampering and running for their lives as an aircraft, with rotating blades on the top, circled law enforcement vehicles.

"Ark, Tak, we've gotta help! Coming through time must've forced unbalance on the earth, which is bad!" Without another word, Lex leapt over the ledge and dropped onto the lower level onto a vehicle with sirens wailed. He grabbed his backpack and reached for the first thing inside. He grabbed it and yanked it out. It was some sort of...grapple.

"This could be useful in a situation like this...Hey Ark, take this!" Lex threw the backpack at Ark and aimed at the flying metal maniac-machine...

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Why is first person bad? I mean, come on, it allows you to more effectively convey emotions, without sounding like an omnipotent God that knows all about the said character.

Merlin pulled up his robe and covered his face. He didn't like the way Farish looked at those creatures, and felt himself feeling glad that it wasn't himself that Farish was looking at.

And the award for the most awkwardly arranged posts goes to....Obsidian!!!!

<s>X</s>

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

But where? He had no idea where he would be. He might not even be in the city. He might not even be in this time!

He wandered around, looking fior some clue as to where Strarvord would be. After about half an hour, he found a huge building, made out of concreate. It had smoothe walls, and huge glass windows. The building was the tallest thing around, and it dominated the entire area. It wasn't the amazing architecture that made his mouth drop though; it was the name on the top: "STRARVORD ENTERPRISES". How had he not seen this building before? Surely he would have seen it!

He walked up to the front doors: great glass panels, that opened as you approached them. He gingerly walked inside, to be greeted by a young, beautiful woman.

"Hello," offered the woman "How can I help you?" She had a pleasent voice, with a hint of a Russian accent.

"Yes, I'm looking for Strarvord." Toch said, edgily.

"Mister Strarvord is in his office. Do you have an appointment?"

"Er...no I'm afraid. It is still possible to see him?" Toch was staring to worry.

"What business are you wanting to see him about?" She asked, very efficiently.

"We used to be frie-" Toch coughed "Business partners. My name is Mr. Klang."

"Okay Mr. Klang, I'll see you up."

Toch sighed, happy that this had worked. He followed the woman up a flight of stairs, to an office, with the words "Mr. Strarvord" printed on them. Toch knocked on the door.

"Come in..."

If anyone can come up with a cool name for the receptionist, can you let me know! Thanks.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Karaktus waved his blazing stick into the exit of the cave. The creatures moved back gradually, and when they were out of sight, he dashed forwards, torch in hand, scaring the beatss away.

He turned back to the magician and remarked,

"They're gone. Want to help me find my pistol again?"

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, seen as nobody else is posting at the moment, I am going to!

Toch walked into the room, and looked around. It looked like the rest of the building. Very spacious, white walls, furniture, a glass window that made up one of the walls, and that looked out over the city.

"Can I help you?" said a dark haired man behind a desk. Toch instantly recognised the voice. "Erm.. Ms. Jlacsk, you may leave now." The woman who had brought him up smiled, and left.

"Mr. Strarvord, I have come to, er, ask you about your business." Toch lied.

"Very well. What would you olike to know?"

"What exactly is it that you do?"

"Excuse me? You're not from around here, are you?"

"No, I'm from a neighbouring city."

"Ah! Very well" Strarvord said again "Well, you see, I am the-" he held up two fingers on each hand, "-mayor of this town."

"Ah. Thank you. That is all I wanted to know. Thank you. I shall me going now."

"Can I just ask you a question? Why do you want to know?"

"I, er, was just interested."

" I don't think you were, I think you're nosy." He pressed a button on his desk, and the door behind Toch slammed, before he could get out of them. Toch ran towards the window, jumped, and crashed through two layers of reinforced glass.

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry GQ, hadn't realised you had posted!

Merlin was taken aback by the man's aptitude at removing the monsters. "Yes, of course." Merlin looked about the place. It was a vast plain, speckled with large rocks, and large animals, the two sometimes merging and becoming indistinguishable. Merlin remarked on the fact. "Karaktus, these monsters, does this mean we are on a different world or different time?"

Whilst waiting for an answer, he held the staff in the air, and closed his eyes. He pictured the item that Farish had been using, and felt a slight tremble in the staff. He put the staff back on the ground and pointed to the east. "I believe your "pistol" is in this direction."

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:17 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

"Thank you kindly" Karaktus grunted, and jogged in the direction that the strange man had pointed to.

When he got there, he met a rather unpleasant sight. It was a colossal heap of excrement. It stank worse than anything the Farish had encounted in his life.

"You're kidding, right?" he yelled to the magician.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I just read the word 'ginger' in someone's post. I laughed. C'mon 2x4b and SwampZard, you need to keep posting :D

Lex fired. A line of orange rope flew streamline into the sky and the shining, silver end embedded itself into the flying machine's underside. Lex was instantly lifted from his paws and held onto the handle of the gun. He left the floor at such speed, he had to lower his goggles to see through the splintering wind.

He looked down, which was his first mistake. He saw the world leaving him at such a rate, he felt sick. He had flown the greatest of air-transport vehicles, but had never been dragged through the air by a whirlwind machine. he eventually reached the machine and stopped with a great force. He noticed that the machine had a side door, that was open, and as he puleld himself up to see what was inside, he was hit in the forehead by a can. He caught it before it left his range and viewed the side of it.

"'Krutanium - Highly Flammable'. This stuff was banned in the twenty-eighth century...but...how did it get here?..."

Lex pressed a button on the gun he was still holding and the wire retracted and he was let down a few metres before he stopped himself. He then swung back and forth and few times before performing a flip he had been taught in his training, where he landed inside the metal monster. He heard a shout and span around to see a human charging towards him with a knife. He had nanoseconds to react...

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ark caught Lex's backpack and looked around at the law enforcement vehicles and personnel that were running around in a panic. Suddenly a couple of them turned and began firing at Ark. Ark dropped flat against the floor. He reached into his backpack and pulled out a silver rifle with bright yellow markings on it. Near the back was a glowing yellow cylinder which was spinning inside the rifle.

"What the hell is this... ?" Ark wondered aloud.

Suddenly a large shadow passed over Ark and he looked up to see what looked like a primitive flying vehicle. It had rotating blades on the top.

"SURRENDER OR WE WILL TAKE YOU BY FORCE!" Shouted the voice of a human.

Ark stood up and glared at them. Suddenly he heard the crack of a sniper rifle and felt a sharp pain in his tail. He looked and saw a hole in his tail with blood pouring out of it. He looked at the flying vehicle and saw a human with a sniper rifle. Ark raised the rifle he was carrying to the flying vehicle and pulled the trigger. A ball of superheated orange plasma erupted from the barrel. The ball of plasma melted the metal blades of the vehicle and it began to fall towards him. Ark ran towards the edge and leapt onto a roof opposite.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Toch landed on his back. He quickly got to his fett, and looked around. He was in street outside "STRARVORD ENTERPRISES". He looked around at the glass that littered the floor. He put his arm around his back to check how much damage he had taken. When he brought his arm back into his line of sight, he saw thick red liquid dripping from them. He was bleeding. With a wince of pain, he bent down, and studied a shard of glass on the floor.

Something wasn't right. Toch couldn't put his finger on it, but there was something definetly wrong.

Then it struck him. How had he fallen out of a the top floor of this building, and not been killed? He wasn't even unconcious. What was going on?

Then another thought struck him. Where was everybody? Surely guards would be running after him.

Toch decided to get away from the potential danger quickly...

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Character Name: Wololonolitunubitus Boggins
Character Nickame: Wololo
Species/Race: Hobbit
Job/Mission: To seek out new life, and new civilisations- to boldly go- where no Hobbit has gone before. [STAR TREK THEME]
Personality/Traits: Ugly, clumsy, stupid, Has bad luck. Good runner.
Appearance: Short, stubby, ugly, bald
Picture/Sprite: IT'S MEEEEEE
Text Color: It don't matter if you're black or white

Wololo, the small bald midget looked around in confusion as he saw a cup in which the water rippled in a jurassic-park style. Wololo looked around in shock as a large T-Rex came bounding towards him, roaring. A small yellow puddle began to form at his feet.
Then Wololo was running, running, screaming like a big girl's blouse. Wololo saw a meteor in the distance, a confused look spreading across his face- as he realised it was about to land on him. A small girly scream escaped his mouth as it's shadow loomed over him, and he kept running. He saw Karaktus in the distance, closer, closer, closer-

Wololo fell into a heap of excrement.

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Character Name: Wololonolitunubitus Boggins
Character Nickame: Wololo
Species/Race: Hobbit
Job/Mission: To seek out new life, and new civilisations- to boldly go- where no Hobbit has gone before. [STAR TREK THEME]
Personality/Traits: Ugly, clumsy, stupid, Has bad luck. Good runner.
Appearance: Short, stubby, ugly, bald
Picture/Sprite: IT'S MEEEEEE
Text Color: It don't matter if you're black or white

Wololo, the small bald midget looked around in confusion as he saw a cup in which the water rippled in a jurassic-park style. Wololo looked around in shock as a large T-Rex came bounding towards him, roaring. A small yellow puddle began to form at his feet.
Then Wololo was running, running, screaming like a big girl's blouse. Wololo saw a meteor in the distance, a confused look spreading across his face- as he realised it was about to land on him. A small girly scream escaped his mouth as it's shadow loomed over him, and he kept running. He saw Karaktus in the distance, closer, closer, closer-

Wololo fell into a heap of excrement.

Since Kryten can't post right now seeing as he's going to bed. He has given me permission to say this on behalf of him.

Phantum is kicked out. Mainly because that post made absolutely no sense, you posted before waiting for Kryten to accept you, and that was your only post in the forum. He'd prefer it if you get a it more experience around the forums first.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Merlin picked up a stick, and started poking the excrement, holding his cloak over his face to stop the disturbed smell from killing him. He glanced up at Farish, and motioned for him to join in. "It better be in here," the magician said shortly after rooting through the dung. "Even if it is, will it still work?"

How weird is this, I can smell s**t. Stupid Psychosomasis, or however you spell it...

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:28 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

"It's a good weapon, trust me..." Karaktus mumbled over the stench.

Finally, he threw away the stick he was holding and plunged his own arm in. A few seconds later, and he pulled it out again, this time with the gun. He fired a shot into a nearby tree.

"Good as new!"

At that moment, the smell overpowered him, and he collapsed.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Steadying himself on his staff, Merlin bent down and lifted the man from the ground. Granted, the smell was bad, but not that bad, surely...

Merlin muttered a few words that would lighten Farish with Magick, and managed to lift him over his shoulder. As he heaved the man over to some rock ledges, he suddenly looked up, distracted by a bright flash...

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:42 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Karaktus woke with a start when he heard the tremendous explosion. It rippled through the air, and vibrated through every bone in his body.

Just then, hundreds of the beasts became feral, stampeding all over the place. A flock of the bird-lizards scampered past him, completely unaware of the two confused humans.

It was then that the first meteor broke through the atmosphere.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:05 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Toch got up, and started walking quickly away from the building. After a bout a minute, he stopped, and looked behind him. Still, nobody was after him. What was this all about. He wandered back to the building, and looked up to the office he had fallen from. There was a man, probably Strarvord, wandering around the office. But there was something else. As Toch peered through the window of the top floor office, it hit him. The window! The glass wasn't broken!

Toch needed a sit down, so he looked around for somewhere suitable. There was a cafe opposite the building, and he decided to go in. He pushed open the door, and was greeted by a bell ringing. He looked up, and saw that the bell was attatched to the door.

He looked around at the empty room, full of tables and chairs. He chose a table, and sat down on it, before a man appeared behind him.

"Excuse me," the man said "have you chosen yet?"

Toch was shocked, but quickly looked down at the menu. "I would like the Bacon Butty Supreme, and a cup of..." he looked at the menu again, "Black Coffee please."

"Certainly, sir" said the waiter. He spoke with a strange accent that Toch did not recognise.

As Toch sat drinking his coffee, he saw something outside. Something that made him panic. He saw a man walking towards the Strarvord Enterprises building.

And Toch recognised the man instantly. It was him.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Merlin was thrown back by the sheer force of the impact, and dropped Karactus to the ground.

Looking into the sky, shining balls of fire or maybe even light fell from the heavens. Merlin shielded his face from the pircing light, and turned to Karaktus. "What is this? What is happening?!"

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:05 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Karaktus stuttered slightly. This was dangerous, even for him. He bashed his helmet, slightly out of spite that it hadn't filtered the smell from earlier, and also to get it to register the meteor shower descending from the sky.

"Come on, come on..." he muttered.

Finally, the computer sprang to life. He barked a command at it to identify the meteors. After a second of analyzing, the results flashed across the screen.

"The meteors are of the Shiva cloud, circa BC 67, 000, 342. First identified by scientists on-board the Montsegur as the cause of one of the many great extinctions on the original Terra. Geographical signs point the Yucatan peninsular as the sight of first impact, with..."

No more needed to be said. The Golden Farish knew what was coming next. Meteor storms could devestate a planet for millenia, and the shockwaves alone would kill almost any creature or plant.

"Merlin," he growled to the old wizard, "Can you attempt another time jump? We have maybe ten minutes, at my guess."

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"I don't think that even my magic can..." he trailed off at the look on Karaktus' face. "Of course, give me a moment."

Merlin had not mentioned the side effects of traveling through time with another person to Karaktus. He had made a mistake to have been thrown about so much in time up until now, so to summon enough energy to teleport them both somewhere else...

Merlin needed a source of energy. He looked about for a river, or a growing tree, but all was obscured by the panicking animals...

Panic...Merlin suddenly thought of a way, but it would involve great power. He pointed his staff at the onslaught of crazed animals and began feeling their emotions. Fear, panic, terror, confusion, sorrow, desperation.
He manifested their feelings into energy, and from energy into magick. It took on the form of a great light, and as the flash engulfed them, the Earth was rocked by one final blast.

Merlin tried to guide them through time, hanging onto the stream of magick. The force was too much, and Merlin mentally let go, dropping he and Karaktus through time. They could land anywhere...

GQ, as we said, you do this jump, I'll think of a good one for the next jump. ;)

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:14 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

...and they fell straight into a hay cart.

Karaktus pushed himself upwards, exhausted from the third time warp in only a few hours. He glanced around, and was worried to see about twenty people staring at him intently.

Under normal circumstances, he would have shot his way out of this, but then he noticed that there were more men running towards the cart, and they were holding guns.

"Okay guys..." he began.

"Halt deine Mund! Franzosicher!" one of the gathered women yelled.

Karaktus' computer adjusted for the language: AD 1800s German. Then, registering the architecture and geology, it reeled off that they were in Ulm, 1805 exactly.

He took another look around. This looked like a pretty serene little village, in the countryside. The angry soldiers and the peasant mob, on the other hand, were not so pretty.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thank god Karkatus has that nifty device, or it would be Merlin suddenly got a feeling that they were in Germany. How odd, he thought to himself. I didn't know this place existed.

Yeah, anyway...

I was so drained from the amount of magic that it had taken to warp, I felt that I should have stayed with the fire-sky.

The men had different versions of the guns that I had learnt about immediately after my first warp, and they were trained on the two of us. The language they spoke sounded ever so slightly familiar, but I could not place it.

They warbled in their tongue, while pointing at the ground with their "guns." I I took it to mean that they wanted to get down off of the kart, and I obeyed, jumping onto the soft grass. Mothers holding children back eyed us cautiously, and then dropped their gaze when we met their eye contact.

I looked up at Karaktus, and smiled apologetically. Raining fire was one thing, but then there was angry mob. I wasn't sure which was worse.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:33 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I was waiting for one of the other guys to post, but since this RP is being forgotten about I'll do my bit now.

Karaktus slid his gun into his cloak, to hide it from the soldiers. Then, he walked towards them with his hands raised.

"I come in peace," he drawled in a perfect accent, "Please, I mean no harm."

One of the soldiers in antique uniforms eyed him up and poked the Farish in the back with his rifle.

"They say that Emperor Bonapate has spies in the villages. You two seem suspicious... not to mention that you are both wearing monks' clothing, yet have full heads of hair."

This was followed by laughter from the other soldiers, and a grin from the leader. He continued.

"Mack will want to have a word with you both... heheh..."

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lex felt himself turn inside out, and back again. Then a blast of blue flames and a deafening roar and whoosh of wind knocked him flying out of the machine, but he grabbed and hung onto the grapplegun which retracted and allowed him not to fall to his infinite doom. The cable stopped retracting at a distance where Lex could feel the explosion of the machine, which plummeted, spiralling like a screw...

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No! It couldn't be him! Toch started to look for differences. That wasn't his hair! His was a different colour, wasn't it? His nose wasn't that long!

No, it was him, it was obvious! The man - Toch - was walking looking up at the "STRARVORD ENTERPRISES" building. Suddenly, it clicked!

When he had fallen from the building, he must have fallen through a Time Hole, moments before he hit the ground, which had somehow broken his fall, and sent him back in time, to this moment.

Realising what had happened, Toch got to his feet, and sprinted in the direction of himself. He meant to tell himself what would happen, but stopped himself just in time. He had heard of this. By interfering with himself, and changing the course of events, he could seriously damage the time line.

He decided to watch, and check his theory.

He went back to the cafe, and stepped back inside. The owner stared at him incredously.

"Can I have another coffee please?" Toch asked, innocently.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next