It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Timefield Fractures ~ Rounding Off Soon 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

...Lex opened his eyes and saw himself drifting down, and he felt as though he was flying in training again. Then his senses snapped into action, he was falling from a great height, going at least 60mph downwards. He faced it. He was going to die right now. Falling into the concrete and being crushed by a ton of flaming metal.

Just then, a whoosh of light and a flash of wind forced Lex to close his eyes. He decided anything was better than being mangled in front of a crowd, and decided to jump for it. He felt himself being sucked into some sort of vortex and saw the machine follow him in, but slower, as two figures held on. He landed on concrete with a crack, and closed his eyes for the last time...

Yes, the whoosh and flash are like...anti-matter-stuff...If you don't get it, you suck. And no, he's not dead. Pah...

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry! I'll wait a while before posting another now!

Toch sat down again, at a different seat this time, so he had a clearer view out of the window. He sat, and drank his coffee, swishy it around his mouth thoughtfully. He was wondering what to do next. He had been so caught up in the excitement of realising what had happened, he hadn't thought about what he might do next.

His train of thought was interrupted by an imense crashing sound. Toch jumped, and looked out of the window, and then raised his eyes up to where the action was. His past self had just leapt through the window, and was now plummeting to the floor. He was falling at a tremendous speed, getting faster and faster all the time. He had nearly reached the floor.

Then a terrible thought strook Toch. The time hole wasn't there!! What was going on? The other Toch was about to hit the floor! Toch closed his eyes, and waited for the crash, as his past self's defeneless, brittle body connected with the tarmac-

But it never came. Instead, theer was a short sizzling sound, and when Toch opened his eyes, his past self was no longer there.

Toch leaned back and sighed. The moment of panic was over. Now he must concentrate on what to do next.

He couldn't just barge back into the building. He would be caught, and theer might not be something to save him this time. He would have to find more out about Strarvord, and what he was here for, but he had no idea how.

Suddenly, a group of guards exploded out of the Strarvord Enterprises building, and started looking everywhere for something. Of course! They were looking for him! Toch had to get out of the cafe, and away from the danger, but as he was thinking this, one of the guards spotted him through the glass, and alerted the rest of the armed men. They started running towards the cafe, guns raised, there target in their sight, and ready to shoot...

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Merlin just nodded and smiled at the people, as they laughed and joked. Or at least, that was what Merlin thought they were doing. He didn't have a clue of the language...

"Serpent's Tongue..." Merlin whispered, and tapped the base of his staff on the ground. Immediately, he could here what they were saying, and was a little worried as to the nature of this "Mack."

I think it best if we just go along with what they say, no? Merlin said in his mind. He hoped that Karaktus would be able to use his initiative and realise that he could use Merlin's power to use telepathy. BUt then again, the Golden Farish was always a step ahead, and Merlin joked mentally that he may already have learnt the art of telepathy.

With a slight note of panic, Merlin noted that his Magick was running low. Rest, food and water were the things that kept Magick going, and Merlin had little of any of them since before his battle with the Lady of the Lake.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:42 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Karaktus heard Merlin's voice in his head. It was no big deal, mind communication had been perfected by many races and he was used to it. However, he was unable to respond, so he just shrugged and stood there.

The lead soldier yelled an order at his men, and then the two travellers were led out of the village, with the troops following them. Karaktus obeyed silently. It was a good idea to keep on their good side.

As they were marching through the grass, they reached a good sized forest.

"Damn," the leader muttered, "It'll be risky going..."

"We've got firepower on our side," his subordinate replied, "Just keep on marching, and we'll be fine."

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After recieving no reply from Karaktus, Merlin decided that the Farish was unable to communicate as such. The forest they had entered was oddly cold, and even the men that had captured the Farish and Merlin were looking around nervoulsy. The old wizard could feel the presence of others, and for the first time since he had been with Farish, he felt true terror. Eyes could be seen everywhere, but when studied, they were merely oddly shaped leaves, or a peculiar pattern on a tree trunk. The group pressed on, deeper into the forest.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:32 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The group kept on moving, now practically jogging, to escape the woods. Suddenly, the crack of gunshots rippled through the air. Before any of the soldiers could react, the man next to Karaktus fell over, riddled in bullets.

As the soldiers began to shoot wildly into the forest, Karaktus grabbed Merlin and ran to behind a tree. He hid behind its cover, praying in thankfullness to the Jhall.

More bullets span overhead, and the cries of the dying soldiers wailed like an etheral chorus. Finally, the noise stopped. Karaktus peered round the tree, and found around fifty guns pointed at him. These ones did not speak German, however.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The situation was going from bad to worse, Merlin realised. He wasn't sure if he would be able to conjure up any magick at all, as his reserves were running dangerously low. And besides, he wouldn't be able to do a spell fast enough to block the bullets.

The other people warbled something in another language, and he performed the Serpent's Tongue spell again, noting how low his magick was falling. He looked over at Karaktus and raised his eyebrows. This day was just beginning, Merlin thought.

Sorry I'm not contributing much, it's just that I don't want to ruin the plot. I know it vagtuely, but will probably muck it up if I try and add to it. :)

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:31 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Raising his hands in the air, slowly, Karaktus edged towards the next tree. If he could just get in a position where he could hit all the troops, he would...

"Aller, aller!" a sharp voice yelled.

Karaktus' computer translated and analyzed hurridly: 19th Century French. The voice's owner was a tall, unshaven man in what appeared to be an officer's uniform, in that it was better than the other soldiers'.

"Listen," Karaktus mumbled, "We were prisoners of those people you just shot. We're on your side, right?"

"Why should I believe a man who travels with the Austrians?" the officer spat.

"Because, I happen to speak fluent French. Why would an enemy soldier want to learn their enemies' language?"

The officer grumbled, and barked an order into one of the soldiers' ears.

"We will take you before Emperor Bonaparte. He will decide your fate!"

Still a better fate than death, the Golden Farish reasoned. He glanced around, and saw Merlin. He kept his mouth shut, just in case.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shaking his head in the good fortunate that had fallen upon Merlin, the wizened magician quickly cast a simple invisibility spell. Though the magick required was minimal, the concentration to hold the spell was paramount. He slowly sunk down to the ground, and closed his eyes, so that he could better keep up the spell.

The others took Farish away, and Merlin quickly sent a thought message to him. Don't worry Farish, I'll come for you. He thought about the message he had said, and sent another. Actually, I will just follow. Experience tells me that you are more than capable. Merlon hoped he would see the funny side and that he did intend on saving him. HOwever, he genuinely thought that the help wasn't required...

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, it seems SwampZard (who is away at the moment), Kirke, Xaliaphous and 2x4b aren't posting+(often), so please...

<center>POST YOUR STORIES!</center>

Thanks, I need 2x4b to post before I can ;)

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:13 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Xaliaphous will not be here for the remainder of Lent.

Dunno about Kirke, though.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ark watched in amazement as the Time Hole appeared in front of Lex and the flying machine and they both fell into it. Ark looked around at the approaching law enforement officers and then at the Time Hole. It was beginning to close and he didn't have much time. He reached into his backpack and pulled out a metal sphere. He pressed the blue button on it and threw it onto a nearby vehicle. He then jumped and fell through the Time Hole. He landed on concrete with a sickening thud and blacked out.

As the Time Hole closed on the primitive Earth time period, the sphere on the vehicle expelled a shining blue light, erasing the short term memory of everyone nearby.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Toch immediatly reacted by jumping to his feet. He loooked around for a another door, and spotted one with the word "Kitchen" printed on it. He darted through it, and slammed it behind him. He looked around, and saw pots and pans and sinks and ovens and fridges, and everything else that you would expect to see in a kitchen. He also spotted another door, marked "Fire Exit". He raced for this one, and just managed to get through it before he heard the ringing of the bell from the door of the cafe.

Toch didn't waste any time. After getting through the fire exit, he found himself in an alleyway. It was raining, but there was a gang of teenagers in the alley, who stared at Toch as he flew past them. Toch heard gunfire behind him, and wondered if it was aimed at him.

Then the gunfire got louder, until he realised that the guards were directly behind him. Toch tried to dodge the spray of bullets that were being shot at him, but he had no chance. One hit his left shoulder, another is right ankle, and another one struck his hip. Toch fell to the floor, and landed in a puddle. His rucksack fell beside him. The guards were closing in. He hadn't long left. He reached into his bag. He pulled out a yellow gun. With the last of his strength he aimed it in the direction of the guards, and pulled the trigger...

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The soldiers marched for a good hour, in which time Karaktus observed them. They all had blue and white uniforms, ancient hats and strange rifles with knives on the end.

Finally, they reached an encampment of troops. Karaktus was pushed forwards through the amazed crowd, and fell to his knees in front of a chair and table. Seated on the chair was a small, yet imposing figure. His long grey hair contrasted with his youthful features. He had a regal air about him, and it was evident that he was the commander of these assembled soldiers.

"My liege, Emperor Bonaparte," the leader of the soldiers that had accompanied Karaktus spoke, "This is the prisoner of the Austrian patrol that we encountered. He claims to be on our side, yet he appeared to be quite friendly with the Austrians!"

Emperor Bonaparte rose from his seat, and replied in a harmonic Italian accent,

"Thank you, Sault," he turned to Karaktus now, "You, what is your name?"

"Jacques Marcey," Karaktus muttered, "Travelling salesman. I was selling my wares to a charming village when those Austrian bastards captured me. I serve you, my Emperor, and all of France!"

The commander stood in thought for a moment, then chuckled.

"If you claim to be a salesman, then why do you wear the cloaks of a monk? Yet, you curse far too much to be a servant of God!"

Karaktus sighed. He had known it would come to this.

"Emperor Bonaparte, you are right. I am no salesman. I am a marksman of great skill and sight. I was working for the Austrians; however, I'm sure that you can offer a far better deal!"

A roar of whispers and grumbled filled the air.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Karaktus could handle his opponents well, Merlin thought. He had followed the group, and after changing his clothes so that they matched the guards, he stood in the crowd too. Many of the frenchmen eyed him cautiosly, and Merlin figured that they must consider him old for this regiment.

He smiled at many of them, but they didn't seem to really care much.

Merlin was mainly interested at the imposing figure, this Emperor Bonaparte person. There was a great deal of respect around the groups, and the man commanded authority.

Merlin waited in the crowds for what would happen next.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:20 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The Emperor's officers fumed with rage and started yelling, but Napoleon silenced them all with a flick of the hand.

"We shall see about that," he grinned, "Bring me a target!"

A porter hurried to them with an archery target. He then walked away from Karaktus, counting his steps under his breath. Finally, when he was just on the edges of the camp, he settled the target down.

"From where you stand," Bonaparte laughed, "hit the red!"

Karaktus, without blinking, whipped his pistol out of his cloak and fired a shot faster than any of the French could notice. At the other end of the field, several soldiers exclaimed loudly. His shot had fired right through the centre!

Bonaparte clenched his teeth. He reached into his pocket and produced an apple. He swiftly tossed it in the air, and before it had even landed, the Golden Farish had riddled it with laser blasts.

"Impressive, indeed!" Napoleon roared, "We will hire you after all, if only to stop you falling into the Austrian hands! How much do you charge?"

Karaktus bowed his head, slightly.

"Nothing, except free reign of the realms, and a decent map of the area."

"It can be arranged!" Bonaparte replied.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Despite being accustomed to Karaktus' ways, Merlin was among the silent stunned. He clapped loudly when the Farish was given permission to have free realm of the lands, and quickly stopped when he realised he was the only one doing so.

Many of the french men, dissapointed that Karaktus had not been humiliated, jumped at the chance to see someone executed, and started bustling around him, and Merlin soon found himself in the center of the gathering, stood next to Karaktus.

"Sorry Farish," the wizard muttered in Frence, "I sort of gave away my position."

Merlin looked at the Emperor, and Bonaparte met his gaze with an equally as intense one.

"I travel with...um, Jacques," Merlin began. "We were fighting with the Austrians and now we seem to be under your command," he continued. "I do not have my friend's powers with a gun, but I have studied nature and science well enough to be considered a dangerous foe."

Hie mini speech was met with a withering stare from the Emperor. "And from where do you gain this knowledge that you are worthy of this army?" he asked mockingly.

Merlin, still weary from the rapid spells he had been performing, decided to show off his skills with something a little more mundane. He took out a vial of liquid, and took the stopper from the top. He then tipped a small amount on the grass, and stood back. The frenchmen, seeing the man treating this liquid with caution also took several steps back.

"Fire Drake," the old man said clearly, and a plume of fire erupted into the air. Clicking his fingers, the fire stopped, and Merlin concealed the vial within his cloak. He looked up at the Emperor to see his reaction.

If any of that mucked any thing up, just say GQ and I will get rid of it. ;)

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:51 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

"First, a marksman to rival legend, then a sorceror of old! My, we are lucky today!"

He turned to the assembled crowd.

"We have two fine allies here, men!"

The soldiers cheered, ever happy at an easy reason to have a drink later on.

"To other matters," Napoleon continued, "Tomorrow, we face the Austrian dogs on the battlefield. Get your sleep tonight, for you will face perilous odds!"

This received a hearty laugh and the troops cheered their idol.

Karaktus nodded curtly at Merlin. Thank goodness the old man hadn't gotten himself killed.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Merlin wiped his brow. That was far too close. He smied shakily at Karaktus, before following a couple of men to find out where he would be sleeping.

Merlin was more than grateful to get some sleep and after having several tin cups of water being thrust under him by the impressed French, was finally left alone, and on his own. There were two makeshift beds in the room, and he wondered if the other was for Karaktus.

The old man lay down, and closed his eyes, but could not find sleep. So much had happened in a day, and yet more time had past than imaginable. Ultimately, Merlin may be able to use this situation to finally go back in time and defeat the Lady of the Lake, and maybe even see Arthur again. But he doubted it. He no longer knew what his purpose in life was or where he fitted into it.

He waited for Karaktus to come, so that they could talk over what they would do the next day.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:05 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Karaktus opened the door of the tent. He read the expression on Merlin's face instantly.

"You're lost, far from your own time, aren't you?" he mumbled.

Finally, he sat down on a chair that was covered in maps and documents.

"I found out a bit about this. It's the latest in the Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte's campaign against the allied forces. This is one of the most decisive battles, or so go the rumours among the men."

He sighed, and took a drink from the glass he was holding.

"My computer's been going good. Now that we're in an accurately recorded time period, it can give me much more information. It turns out that tomorrow, the Austrians will lose. There's a data entry at the bottom that says that obscure myths about the battle were written down."

Karaktus showed Merlin the computer screen.

"It says that during the battle, a flash of light appeared. That was supposed to have helped the French a great deal. These accounts were lost, and the theories forgotten. They're just a side-note in history."

Pausing for a quick breath, and another drink, he continued.

"This 'flash of light' - it might be another time warp, like the two we've passed through. I don't know for sure - this is a new phenomenon, we're probably the first to encounter it."

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lex opened his eyes to a dark, quiet, moonlit street. He tried to stand up, but was forced back down by the kick of a dark brown boot with a yellow target symbol embedded into the side. Lex recognised this immediately. He tried to stumble away from this horror but was kicked in the face to keep him down. He remembered seeing Ark get dragged away by two henchmen and he was rolled onto his back and he stared at the stars for the last time...

"Lex...Leeeex....Wake up....." Lex heard the sinister voice ripple through the atmosphere, coming from no particular direction...Another sounds...Like a machine...no...bigger...He looked up, and saw something he'd never think he'd see in his entire life...

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:25 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"So, all we have to do is just take part in that battle?" Merlin asked. It was difficult to get his head round, that he might be up against forces that he had never encountered before, those that weren't from his time.

"Karaktus," the old man began, trembling slightly. "Will I ever be able to go back home?" It was so difficult for Merlin to say this, in front of this strong warrior. Merlin was older than him, far older apparently, and yet Merlin felt weaker than he had ever done so.

He looked up at the traveller's face, his own a maze of wrinkled worries.

Merlin will go to sleep soon enough, maybe in his next post. ;)

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:20 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

"Don't worry, friend. If I can find the secrets of the timestreams, then I will bring you back to your time."

He took a final gulp from the glass.

"Tomorrow, we will escape from these warmongers. Until then, goodnight!"

With that, the Golden Farish stumbled over to the other bed, slumped down and was lost to the consiouss world almost instantly.

---

Karaktus' sleep was not easy. The homesickness was not a problem - he had never really felt that he had a home to return to - but he was uneasy. To be honest, these time holes worried him. They were interfering with his mission.

Even worse was that this strange wizard and him seemed to be acquainting too well. A Farish had no friends on his crusade. He was a servant of Jhall, not a loutish trader. The sooner he could lose the old man, the better. However, Merlin appeared to be of some help; he could manipulate time, if even randomly.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Merlin was comforted by his friend's words. "Thank you," he said softly.

Merlin lay down in his bed and fell asleep instantly. THe magick that had been drained from him all that day now seeped back into him, and he felt himself bevoming stronger. The battle was just around the corner, and with it, a new destination in time.

GQ, your technique at character development is remarkable, I love the way Farish acts and, ultimately, is. I'm really enjoying this RP.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:54 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Thanks!

Morning broke, and Karaktus was woken by the sound of yelled orders and shouts. He leapt out of bed, and shook the wizard.

"Merlin! Now or never!"

He left the man, and began to run out into the chaos. All around him, French soldiers were brandishing their bayonets; at the centre of it was Napoleon himself, resplendant in his best uniform, barking commands at his officers.

Karaktus merged into a crowd of troopers making their way towards a speck of black in the distance. Looking carefully, he could make out that it was, in fact, the enemy.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next