It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Timefield Fractures ~ Rounding Off Soon 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

"Crap," I muttered in a second of loss of control.

I stared as the strange man just stood there, waiting to be shot to pieces. Half of me was happy to leave him there, but the other half reminded me of my mission: If I let him die, it made it only harder to acheive.

I readied my laspistol for a last few shots, when a slew of bullets spat forth from the turret.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Raising my staff high into the air, I cried the words of the strongest wind spell I could think of, and brought the staff crashing into the ground.

A storm of air tore around me, pulling my cloak in all directions, and I felt my power channel into the very elements, and the great dome spewed forth its attack.

I pushed my arm out, and the wind stopped the metal balls from hitting me. They were thrown backwards and landed on the ground. Why was I being attacked so? I had done nothing wrong, I had just appeared there, without knwing...

I was pure rage now...using the base of my staff, I drew the Fire Serpent rapidly, whilst visualising a crimson red. I drew upon my rage, and turned it into raw power, then into magical energy, before directing the tip of my staff at the dome.

Fire leapt from my staff and a great roaring filled the air as the sky was filled with red. The dome exploded and I was brought back to myself.

I had done it again... My rage had got the better of me, as it had done so before, during that battle with the Lady of the Lake...

I was brought from my thoughts as I heard the rapid racket of the cylindrical swords. I turned, and ran towards Farish, away from the men in their vehicles...

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:39 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The man Merlin finally appeared to have gained some sense. That trick with the shield was no big deal; any bog-standard energy field could replicate that. Still, it WAS impressive to look at.

I muttered to the him quickly.

"We need to get into a remote area. We aren't safe here."

I then saw a vehicle, parked in one of the many bays near to the facility.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lex started to walk towards the group of humans that had just approached the three, and stopped dead in his tracks as a...no, not a time hole, but something else. He saw a grey cloaked man, and a different looking human, somewhat...more powerful. He watched them retreat from a battlefield of weapons to a very classic vehicle.

"Okay, what was that!?" Lex span around to Ark and the Martian. "Was that a...time echo? I've heard they're so rare, Platimonds are like dirt compared to them. Whatever that was, it must've had some importance. C'mon, we better get out of here, the sun's rising..." And with that Lex ran off at full pelt towards a sign displaying 'Ci-ne-ma'...

:) Let's get warpin'!

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Toch bursed out into a street, and ran half way down the street. He reached a wall, and layed against it with his eyes closed, panting. He waited until he'd got his breath back, and then opened his eyes to everyone staring at him. He was in a busy street, with shops and stalls all over. He tried to ignore the staring passers-by, and looked for clues as to wheer and when he was. After deciding that there were no clues, he walked into the nearest shop. Lots of magazines with glossy covers. He stared at the nearest one, entitled "Classic Cars Monthly". On the cover was a picture of a very old looking shiny car. The headline was "Aston Martin Vanquish: Why it is still an amzing car!".

"Can I help you?" Toch jumped. He turned around and saw a man in a shirt. He had a nametag that said "Hello! I'm Steve!" on it.

"Er... no, I'm just looking." He gave Steve a smile, then had second thoughts "Do you have a newspaper?"

"Yes. We've got plenty. Any particular one sir?"

"Erm..." Toch thought "No, any will do"

"Okay, sir. Here you go. That will be $9.99 please"

"Excuse me?"

"$9.99, sir."

"Erm, can you just excuse me for a second?" Toch bent down, looking for anything in his pockets that resembled money. Something caught his eye. A piece of paper, with the words "500 dollars only" written on it. He stud up, and handed it to the shopkeeper.

"Thank you. Have a nice day!" said the shopkeeper as he handed Toch the newspaper.

Toch thanked him, and sped out of the shop. He held up the newspaper to read the date. "2079!" He also noted that the newspaper was called "New Keighley Times". He'd never heard of New Keighley before...

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

We were driving along the fields, when suddenly a light appeared again.

"This..." I muttered, "Is a bit odd..."

The light enveloped the vehicle. Time was tearing itself apart, I knew as much. A weird feeling ripped through me, and then we rematerialized. I had no idea what the date was, but I had a bad feeling...

That was when the humongous jaws tore the bonnet of the car like a piece of paper.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I experienced a similar feeling to when I had time travelled before, and the white light engulfed me, the vehicle, and the Golden Farish. It was like I was being pulled from one place to another, as if I was being tugged by someone but from the center of my body.

A flash of white, but this was more physical, teeth, I found, as the entirety of the car was torn apart.

"Farish, what have you done?" I yelled. I didn't have half the magic it would have taken to teleport through time again, it must have been him! But that made him exceedingly powerful, and I found myself wondering if perhaps it was some other force, more powerful than anything I had ever sensed before...

Don't really know what to write about the toothy thing...not sure if we are in the sea, or in a town of sorts, and I don't want to ruin the plot...again. :wink:

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:45 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I coulnd't hear anything over the din of the creature that had just attacked our car. It was gigantic, green and scaly. I had honestly never seen anything like it, not even in the holovids at the monastry. What I could know for sure was that this monster wanted nothing more than to eat us.

It wrenched the windscreen off, and was preparing to bite down on Merlin's head, when I pulled us both out of the vehicle. Leaving behind a very important piece of equipment...

"DAMN!" I swore loudly, "I left my laspistol in there!"

Seconds later, a blood-lusting goliath came stomping after us, having devoured the remnants of the ancient car. I rolled behind a rock, waiting for my companion.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Good lord, I found myself thinking. I was feeling decidedly drained after being targeted by the dome, but I still had my magick about me.

I gripped onto my staff tightly as I felt Farish pull me out of the car. I landed heavily on the ground, but thankfully, the monster was gleefully shredding the car to pieces. I jumped to my feet, and, trying to both run and keep low to the ground, followed Farish.

"This is most unlike you," I said to the Golden Farish, "not to be setting up that little device of yours." I had not know him long, but I knew him well enough to know his main form of attack.

Before I had chance to listen to his answer, I threw myself out of the way of a mangled piece of metal; evidently the monster was not accustomed to such a meal.

I pointed my staff at the monster and perfomed the most basic of spells: levitation. The monster's feet trailed in the air, and it looked down and started to screech at seeing itself off the ground. Contrary to popular opinion, weight is a factor in levitation spells, and I soon dropped it, and it landed chin first on the rocky terrain.

It heaved its great bulk up again, and it roared, enraged that it had been made a fool of.

Perhaps a different spell was in order...

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:10 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The reptilian titan was just setting into bite Merlin's head off, when I yelled at him to move. Whatever tricks he had up his sleeve, I didn't think they'd be a match for the creature.

I moved from my rock, signalled at Merlin and dashed like crazy across the plains. I looked out for a cave, desperatly...

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Farish started to run, and I started to follow. I aimed my staff behind my head, and there was a loud bang. I hoped that it had been enough to distract the collosal being, and I tore after Farish, searching for a rocky crag of some sort. I glanced over my shoulder to see the massive beast holding its face in agony. Either the explosion had worked better than I had thought it would, or it was exttremely senseitive to light. I hoped it was the former, but the latter was more probable.

We going to time jump again, or will we find a cave?! Ooh, excitement!! :D

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:33 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I wanna stay just long enough to retrieve my gun...

I found a small cave. It was damp, but it would do. I leapt in head-first, beckoning Merlin forward.

I sat down at the mouth, and took off my oxygen mask, letting my hair flow.

"So, we've jumped through time again. I've lost my weapon, and the vehicle. I don't know how to get back. What do we do?"

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I have permission from Kryten. Don't worry))

Ark followed Lex closely as he ushered the Martian forward. As they reached the building Ark ran over to a door and tried the handle. It was locked. Ark looked around for a second before kicking it in, shattering the glass and bending the metal.

"I do have a lockpick" Lex sighed.

"This is quicker" Ark said. "Plus it's a lot more fun"

An alarm went off and a box on the wall flashed red. Ark took a pistol from his waist and fired several rounds into the box and silenced the alarm. Ark walked inside, closely followed by Lex and the Martian.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry about the lack of speech again. I am hoping to get some into my next post. :lol:

Toch walked through the town of New Keighley, hoping that somehow he could find something that he recognised: something other than the voice on the end of the phone. He thought about the last time he had heard that voice, and the suffering that happened afterwards.

He turned a corner, and suddenly realised wheer he was. This was his home town: Neus Keithium! He had lived here for the first 7 years of his life, before moving south, towards the bigger cities. That would explain the voice, except...

Toch was born in the year 3096. He was now in the year 2079. How could he have heard the same person's voice, so long before he was born? It didn't make sense, unless he had heard a different voice, or someone, or rather something was controlling time travel. If this is the case, he could be in more trouble than he thought.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"I do not know. This travelling through time at a constant rate seems highly...volatile."

I heard the monster as it moved away, but not knowing this time nor the placwe we were on, I did not know the nature of the monster.

Perhaps we should lie low for a while...

"So..." I said, attempting to make conversation. "Where exactly did you say you came from?"

Let's have a little heart to heart, Farish, get to know each other. Perhaps I could open a bottle of bubbly, and - Oh! You sir, with the violin, come play us a tune! [/randomness.]

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:28 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I coughed. This strange man was rather odd, but there was little else to do but talk.

"I come from the Monastry at Sky's Edge, over the planet Nova Terra. We are a select group of Farishes, trained from birth to preach the Gospel of the Jhall to the populace. I was drawn from the bloodline Karaktus, an ancient line of missionaries. My birth-name is Shael, and my inhherited names are Forf-garanda Yu-Beel, the titles of my ancestors who traversed the warps to convert."

I paused to take out a flask of water from my backpack, and took a long gulp from it.

"I rose to the rank of High Farish once I turned 23. After a further fifteen years of training, I learnt the secrets of the Worship. Finally, at the age of 38, I was sent through the warp. It often ages you prematurley, hence the person you see in front of you."

I offered my flask to the man.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Wait, before I come in with you, I want an explaination. What are we doing here and what the HELL are your names?" Tak questioned. "I feel it is my right to know if I am coming with you, when you are shooting alarms and all that other crap."

If they don't tell me, i'm out of here, he thought to himself.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"I would explain where I am from, but to be honest, I can't really say how...I do not know what context to put it in. I came from a time where Christ had been dead for over one thousand years, and when magick is only learnt by intense training. However, I notice that from your time, you have mastered it amazingly, even manifesting it into physical objuects." I was of course, referring to the item he used to defend himself. "Where is your device?" I asked him.

In the distance the monster could be heard, but its roar was faint, and I wondered what other poor mortal had been attacked by it...

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:44 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

"It's not magic. It's technology, the true magic."

Then, I listened to the roar again.

"Also, my laspistol was just eaten by that creature over there."

I stood up, and walked to the mouth of the cave. Then, I realised that I still had my computer in my mask. The unexpected time-warp must have jarred the systems, which was why it hadn't responded immedietly when we arrived. I grabbed it from the floor and slapped it on my face. The digitized screen recognized the date as...

"BC 65, 060, 402. Location: Yucatan..."

I reeled this information through my head. Prehistory was forgotten by all except the scholars in these days. What was so important about the date? At that moment, I saw a pair of yellow eyes in front of me. I was nervous and stepped back. Suddenly, another pair appeared, followed by another. We were trapped in the cave.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

["Lex? You're under arrest..." (How cool would that be???)]

"This is Ark. We're Time Rangers. We've been sent to destroy these..." Lex put up 2 fingers on each hand. "...Time. Holes. I can't tell you anymore, it's top secret stuff. Trust me. I've been in enough trouble..." They took shelter in a nearby parking lot. They sat in a corner and started to talk again. Lex began.

"...So, I was surrounded by forty...no wait, sixty of these drooling, horrifying creatures that looked like hell themselves." Lex waved his hands in the air and made a strange screeching sound as Ark and Tak laughed. And with that, the morning sank in, and people's lives began for another day...

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Right, first things first: money. Where could he get money from? He thought for a moment, and reached into his backpack, which he was still carrying over his choulder. He reached in, and brought out a small machine that looked like a card swiper. Toch had created it 3 years ago, and it was designed to change your money into different currencies. He reached into his pocket, and brought out a couple of tokens. Tokens were smalll metal disks, that were used as currency where he came from. He pushed the smaller token into the slot. The machine started to whirr, and Toch looked at it anxiously. Would it work across time? It used teleportation to transport the money to him, but he had obviously only tried it back home. It started to vibrate, and thick black smoke plumed out of the metal sides. This wasn't supposed to happen!

Then, with a spluttering sound, a sheet of paper, similar to the one he found in the newsagents flew out of the end, and landed on the pavement next to Toch. He picked it up, and read the writing on it. It read 6,000,000,000 dollars only. "Woah! Talk about inflation!"

Okay, so he had money, but what was he to do now? Half of him wanted to get out of here, and the other half of him wanted to find the mysterious voice. He had to make a decision, and act quikely. The entire city would be in trouble if he didn't stop him.

This filled Toch with determination. This was his city, and he wouldn't let anything happen to it, even if he never found Lex and Ark, this was more important to him now!

With a passion for adventure kindling in his heart (something he had never felt before), he set off to find the mysterious voice: the sinister Strarvord!

Strarvord was a name mentioned earlier by Kryten. He has given me permission to use this name as "the voice". Thanks Kryten!!

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The eyes glared at us, and I was filled with dread. One of those random little time holes would be a welcome gift at this point...

"Fire of Uriel!" I cried, hitting my staff on the ground. A burst of fire sprung up from the ground, formnig a fiery wall that seperated us from the beings.

"This will give us some time to think," I told Faris, noting the irony of the statement.

I shut my eyes, and began charging power so that the next spell I used wouldn't fail due to exhaustion...

Sorr GQ, I didn't want to give the eyes a body or anything in case they decide to randomly become Gastly or something. :wink:

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:31 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

With the creatures being held back by the fire, I had a closer look at them. They were tall, scaly and green, like the monster that had attacked us earlier. Their yellow eyes were huge, and a few feathers were arranged ina crest on the back of their heads.

Remarkably like birds, in fact.

I looked around the cave for some kind of weapon. Anything, a stick, a branch or a rock. Looking again at the beasts, I saw that they were almost scared of the fire...

"Get me a piece of wood, now!" I barked at the strange man.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The flickering flames distorted the creatures, and I was disgusted at their appearance.

I etched the symbol of the Oak tree into the ground at the man's request, and felt the power drain out of me. I seriously needed some kind of rest. I tapped the bottom of my staff on the floor and slowly, a tree began to take form. It was just a twig to begin with, until it started blossoming, leaves erupting and great branches sprouting. I stopped when it reached the roof of the cave, and snapped a large branch off of it. I immediately did som healing magic on the tree where I had torn it apart, and the guilt that I had felt receeded. I handed the branch to Farish.

"Do not try anything too rash," I warned, but decided that my advice would probably be wasted and disregarded. Though I didn't mind as the Golden Farish seemed perfectly capable in most situations...

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:22 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I took the branch that the mage handed me. It looked reasonable enough. I snapped it in half across my knee, and handed one piece to my companion. Then, I placed my oxygen mask on again.

"If you have a cloth or something, put it over your mouth. Just trust me."

Then, I thrust my stick into the fire. After leaving it for a minute, it was aflame. A weapon, of sorts.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next