Amazing 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
So-So 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Guessing Game [PG-13] All of Ch. 9-Oct 24 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Genre: I'm not a good judge of this

Base Plot: A boarding school has been selected to test a new way of giving out 'starter' pokemon. Because there have been an increasing number of traditional starter pokemon being released into the wild or just being neglected/abused. Some professors thought that it may be that there may be a variable, such as compatibilty, that they had overlooked previously. After all there needs to be some level of compatibility in everything else, why not pokemon and humans?

These professors grouped various psychic pokemon and taught them how to read minds to find the information that would help determine the best starter pokemon for each person. To test this they selected one boarding school that at the start of the year all the freshmen would undergo this mind scan. They would then recieve an egg, picked out by their pokemon proctor and be on their way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My corner: Well, this is my third fan fiction and my first Pokemon one

Last edited by Crimson on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nice start! Its good. Maybe you could describe how jeremy looks. But I've never written a fan fiction, so you don't have to listen to me :P

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<b><i>My Corner:</i> Alrighty then, the second chapter is obviously now up and thank you Dragonite for pointing out the fact that I did not write a description of Jeremy. That just seems to be my style when I write multi-chapter stories for some reason, I give a look at the characters and then I wait until chapter two to give them a face. No worries that is remedied in this chapter.

And now I send you off with a read, enjoy, and review!</i></b>
<p align="center"><i>Chapter 2</i></p>
He ignored his friends as they chatted around him. The red head had his chin on the table and his green eyes were trained onto his Pokemon egg. It had yet to hatch, almost everyone

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wow, I'm really interested in reading what will happen next. I like how you gave Jeremy a Magikarp, hehehe. And the strange, white-eyed girl kinda creeps me out, good job. I can't wait to see what you have planned for her!

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

*laughs*
pretty good
I feel bad about mocking Magicarps in the thread, though.
*sigh*

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:54 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My Corner: Eee! I'm excited people are getting into my story! After this chapter I will have to write more, thus this quick paced update won't happen nearly as much. Like I said at the beginning I'll do my best with it though.

So, here's chapter three, it's longer X3; read, enjoy, and review!

<p align="center">Chapter 3</p>
He watched his class mates battle, he should be but his Pokemon was weak. Even his teacher said to wait until it was stronger. That just shows how weak it was, was he weak? Was he so weak that the Alakazam gave him a Magikarp? Apparently, other wise he would

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

wow I just read all three chaptersthey r awesome keep it up dude

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gosh Crimson, I hate your super-good story-writing abilities. I love this story. And the character's personalities seem very real as well.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

excelent as always, m'dear.
Keep up the good work

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:03 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Seriously, that was really good.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My Corner: Alright, not overly much happens in this chapter, but that's okay. And if you're expecting som overly amazing action story stop. I hate writing action scenes because I always think they sound fake when I write them. I tend to try to focus more on relationships, romantic and not, more in my stories rather than how many fights they get into. So if you don't mind that, then by all means keep reading. And if you aren't too keen on it read it anyway and your tastes might change a little.

I love all comments and fan work, *wink wink*. So read, enjoy, and review!Image

<p align="center">Chapter 4</p>
There were barely any clouds in the sky, he noted. Jeremy was in battle class watching clouds as his Magikarp trained. A month ago that girl had told him to research and he did. He discovered that some scientists discovered that every year Magikarp would try to climb a water fall in hopes of evolving when they reached the top. Thankfully, the academy

Last edited by Crimson on Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I really like it, you have come up with some really creative and original ideas, keep it going :)

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My Corner: So yeah, this is that whole delay thing I've been talking about. I don't forget about it, honestly...I just have issues listening to myself when I tell myself to write.

I love all comments and fan work, *wink wink*. So read, enjoy, and review!Image

I apologize for not being done, but I was too lazy to open Word up so I was typing it in here. And well...I have to go and I'm still to lazy to open Word up and save it. This chapter ISN'T done, I'll finish it when I have a chance.

Last edited by Crimson on Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

God, finally, Crimson! I've been waiting for you to get another chapter in. Thanks for not abandoning it, cause I was really looking forward to reading it ;) Finish the chapter when you have the time.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<b>My Corner:</b><i>Uh huh, I finally updated this silly thing. *dances at progress being made* Annndd I'm almost done with finals *does another little dance.* I thought of the coolest outfit, I'm going to try drawing it on Thorn/Shannon, since I haven't drawn in foreverz. Yes I know foreverz isn't a word, I don't feel like being intelligent right now. Anywho, enjoy and review. The third chapter of 'Prince of Peace' will be up soon as well as an image encyclopedia that can be found in the first post.Image</i>

<p align="center"><i>Chapter 5</i></p>
After talking to Thorn that day Jeremy felt his spirits lift, as if he were a little boy being praised for doing a great job when all he did was scribble. The red head shook his head, but he didn't think her praise had been false encouragement like all the adults had given in those instances. Jeremy heaved himself into a sitting position, after successfully motivating himself to sit up and pay attention before he fell asleep in the warm sun, finally.

Unfortunately for him, he had been so busy telling himself to get up he missed the teacher’s instruction, and to say the least Jeremy felt very lost. In fact, he was sure his brain would have melted out of his head, if it were possible, because of how confused he was. His classmates were standing around their teacher; they all had varying expressions on their faces. Some angry, some indifferent, some were like him and held a 'what did I miss' look, and some were seemed psyched about whatever the teacher said.

"Alright, the Study Class will be here in a moment and we'll pair you all up then," Mr. Miller said.

This was one of those moments he loved, when he didn't pay attention to when the directions were first given and then the teacher restated most of it in one sentence. Sure he had to figure out the specifics still, but knowing the general idea was enough for him.

And true to his word, the Study Class left their sanctuary, the school, to join the Battle Class outside. As expected, many of the Study Class were pale, and seemed to want to do nothing with the Battle Class 'bullies'. Jeremy wondered if that was just a rumor passed down from year to year by that class or if the kids really were harassed by his classmates.

His gaze landed on Jayce, whose back was to him, both didn't seem like a bad guess he decided. Jeremy tore his gaze away from Jayce, paranoid that the boy would feel his gaze and turn to look at him. The two hadn't spoken in months; Jeremy would like to keep it that way if he could.

An orange blur out of the corner of his eye caught his attention. Jeremy's head snapped towards it, and he saw his Magikarp rushing to the edge of the pool anxiously. His eyes widened, it was waiting for that girl. Jealousy stabbed him, it wasn't fair that his Magikarp liked her better than him, it'd only seen her two other times and the one time it had bitten her! It just wasn't fair!

Soon enough he saw her make her way towards the pool. She crouched and dipped a hand delicately in the water; his Magikarp began nuzzling it, overflowing with excitement. Jeremy saw Jayce looking towards her, the back of his head anyway, but as he made his way towards the fish and Thorn, he regretted sneaking a glance at his peer. Anger flashed in his eyes showing how he wanted nothing but vengeance. He looked towards Thorn and saw that she didn’t seem to have noticed. A sigh of relief washed through him as he neared the girl.

One of his friends caught his arm and asked, “Where are you going.”

Jeremy blinked and said simply, “over to Magikarp and Thorn.”

“What?” His friend looked affronted and looked over towards the two who seemed to be playing.

“We talk sometimes; she’s the one who told me how to train it while it doesn’t know any moves.” Jeremy explained blandly. He could understand his friend’s concern to a degree but this was ridiculous.

So without waiting for a response Jeremy continued on his way. Again she seemed to know he was there because she looked at him before he was in her peripheral vision. He smiled good naturedly and sat down beside her and the pool.

She began the conversation again. “Your friends don’t seem too happy.” He shrugged, feeling uncomfortable with the subject. Thorn studied him for a moment before saying, “I heard they never paired up the Study Class and Battle Class before. It seems they’re trying all sorts of new things this year.”

“Why are they pairing us up?” Jeremy asked, still not understanding the situation.

Thorn paused for a moment, thinking. “To help you and your classmates to come up with strategies and for my class to be able to have practical and real life experience.” He nodded, it sort of made sense. The Study Class typically didn’t want to fight, but they had all sorts of analytical knowledge that would be useful in a battle. The Battle Class was more on finding techniques for battling in different situations on different opponents; and only taught the basics on Pokemon.

Figured they’d try to end the tension between the two classes with their year. Why couldn’t they do it all gradually instead of just doing it at once? The human mind disliked a lot of change so it really wasn’t fair to anyone and huge problems were bound to happen.

“Shannon and Jeremy,” a teacher shouted out to them over the sea of kids. Jeremy was confused for a minute before remembering that Thorn’s real name was Shannon. “You two are paired up,” he continued.

And he continued to pair people up, having to figure out which from which if kids shared first names, truly a tedious task. Jeremy smiled at Thorn, “Looks like you’re stuck with me,” he joked. Her eyes sparkled in amusement for a minute before returning her attention to his Magikarp.

A week later and they’d begun classes together. The water Pokemon trainers were by the lake and others were by the pool. At the moment Thorn was laying by the pool with her feet in it. She had an arm over her eyes to block out the bright sun so she didn’t see Jeremy coming. Jeremy smiled, he’d gotten to know her more and his Magikarp, like she had said, had gotten stronger. He felt like laughing out loud when he saw that she actually had rolled her pant legs up and took her shoes and socks off. It just seemed comical after he first met her. But, he resisted the urge, he was planning a prank on her and it’d give him away. On the other side of the pool he’d released Magikarp and told it to go and splash her when he whistled. So there he was, out of splash range, with her Houndour snoozing, and her lying there unsuspecting. He’d feared his plan was ruined when the hound had opened an eye to look at him, but it had just went back to sleep after recognizing him as a friend not a foe.

With anticipation welling up inside of him, Jeremy brought two fingers to his lips and blew a loud whistle. It surprised the Houndour to its feet and even Thorn jumped at the perfect time. She’d been in the middle of sitting up when the splash hit her full force, getting her soaked. He fell to his knees laughing at her dazed expression, her mind raced to catch up with the recent events.

Thorn looked at him, her face as blank as ever; but he could imagine a wicked grin on her lips as she said, “You owe me a new CD-player.” He stopped laughing, she couldn’t be serious. And then she picked up a drenched and no longer functioning CD-player as she sat up and pulled off her ear phones that he hadn’t seen because of her hair.

Jeremy groaned, his prank had backfired, he didn’t have any money. He sat on the pool side remorsefully while Thorn's eyes seemed to smirk at him before getting up and getting a towel. The red-head decided that this wasn’t fair at all.

Last edited by Crimson on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wait, was she serious when she said "You owe me a new CD player?" ;P

Wow, Thorns personality is really starting to unfold. Good job.

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

YAAAY! I´ve got to sneak a peek around to catch on!

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My Corner: Oh my word. I'm finally done. *faints* Anywho, I wasn't too sure how to end the chapter. The last paragraph was pretty tough for me. Oh wellz...and I think I did another part of it pretty poorly. *sigh* Oh wellz, I suppose that's the way it goes. The point it is that Chapter 6 is FINALLY DONE and I have inspiration for Chapter 7. X3 I'm kind of excited, but I need to get going on Prince of Peace, I want to have it done by November. *faints again* Don't forget to comment!

<p align="center">Chapter 6</p>
“I just don’t get it!” Jeremy blurted out, interrupting the quiet that had surrounded the group. Thorn glanced at him curiously but didn’t ask, not that she needed to.

He continued ardently, “Am I so pathetic that I’m most compatible with a Magikarp?” He ran a hand through his red hair and kicked a nearby stone.

She frowned and said sharply, “Maybe it isn’t a Magikarp that you are most compatible with.”

Jeremy froze, absorbing what she had said. “What? But that doesn’t make sense, the mind scan was supposed to be fool proof.” He grabbed her wrist when she hadn’t stopped.

The girl looked at his hand before raising detached eyes to his own and saying, “Maybe you’re most compatible with Gyarados, they were handing out eggs. Having to give out the pre-evolution was bound to happen at some point.”

He was awe struck, he’d never thought of that. Jeremy smiled, “Yeah that may be it!” With revitalized energy he started walking faster, Thorn watched amused.

“What do you want to do tomorrow? I can’t wait for Magikarp to evolve.” Jeremy exclaimed enthusiastically.

The two of them had taken the day off from training just to have some relaxation by the lake. Well, Jeremy had gotten in the lake with Magikarp while Houdour played from the side since it was a fire type and Thorn just sat out watching but having fun in her own way. Every so often she’d add to the red head’s ramblings, making it a bit of a conversation.

The sun was setting now and they were by the school now. They would split up to head off to their dorms, which were on opposite ends of the campus.

Thorn paused for a good long while, thinking, contemplating. “I think you should hang out with your friends tomorrow.”

Jeremy scrunched his brows, “Why? Are you mad or something?” He hadn’t thought she was mad but he still couldn’t completely read her.

“No,” she responded evenly, “It’s probably the best thing to do.” Without waiting for a response Thorn headed towards her dorm.

The red head stared after her confused, he sighed. She made no sense sometimes. He didn’t bother trying to get her to clarify; she was walking away and clearly had no intention to speak to anyone at the moment. He wondered what she was always thinking about, if anything at all.

He sighed and headed off in the opposite direction towards his dorm. His mind wondering about Thorn’s strange behavior, if you could call anything she did normal.

The next morning Jeremy tried to find Thorn, but it seemed she’d been very serious about what she had said and was successfully avoiding him. He didn’t have the slightest clue as to where she was hiding.

Compelled by her rejection and her suggestion the night before, Jeremy made his way over to his friends and where they were sitting for breakfast. He jovially greeted them and took his customary seat. “Hey guys, how’d you sleep?”

The boys looked surprised for a moment before smiling back. “Horribly, my Gastly had to use hypnosis on me.” One of his friends, Bryan, said with a wry grin. “I just couldn’t get to sleep.”

“I know what you mean; I was way too hyped up.” The red head said with a laugh.

Bryan remarked good naturedly, “I don’t think I’ve ever heard of you being so excited about the weekend Jeremy.”

Jeremy gave a wide grin and said, “It wasn’t the weekend that made me all hyper, it was what Thorn said. She said it may not have been Magikarp that I was most compatible with.”

His friends’ good cheer died a little at the mention of Jeremy’s partner; but, Bryan quickly covered it up. “How does that work, the mind scan was supposed to prevent mistakes.”

His smile widened, “That’s what I wondered until she explained it. She said I may be most compatible with Gyarados but they were giving out eggs so I ended up with its pre-evolution.”

A look of dawning realization entered Bryan’s eyes. “That makes sense. I suppose it should since she’s in the Study Class.” He laughed awkwardly, wishing to drop the subject.

The day went rather smoothly; but, Jeremy couldn’t help but feel like something was off. His friends were all acting so…distant and got really weird when he mentioned Thorn.

“Gastly just learned Spite.” Bryan said during dinner.

Another said, “My Machop learned Focus Energy a while ago.”

“Spinarak knows Scary Face, Poison Sting, and String Shot.”

The more Jeremy listened to his friends’ progress the more discouraged he became about Magikarp. It was just so weak.

He stayed quiet, having nothing notable to say. Oblivious to his forlorn demeanor, Bryan asked, “How’s Magikarp doing? Has it learned anything?”

Jeremy shook his head, looking down at his dinner and picking at it. “What do you and…Thorn do then? How do you train a Pokemon with no moves?” Bryan said her name so bitterly, as if he resented her entire existence.

Ignoring his question Jeremy snapped, “Why does everyone hate her?” Why did they? Thorn had done nothing but be bizarre self. She’d done nothing but mind her own business, never causing trouble, never getting involved except once. And that was because he hadn’t been able to do anything for Magikarp to keep it safe from Jayce.

Bryan bristled, “She’s messed up. There isn’t something right about her. How are we supposed to act about a girl who doesn’t look like she’s even on Earth half the time?”

“That’s because she’s lost in thought? She’s easily bored.” Jeremy argued back.

His friend replied sarcastically, “Tell her us normal humans are sorry we’re not interesting enough.”

The red-head didn’t know what to say. She was one of those people you had to get to know, or you’d never have a chance to like her. “Magikarp’s gotten stronger, it may not know any moves but we’ve been making it work hard to try to get stronger.” He got up and left for his dorm.

Houndour was lay by Thorn who was sitting on a bench by the pool the next day already when Jeremy came storming over. He let Magikarp out and into the pool. It swam around happily and Thorn got up and walked over to it. She kneeled down and let a hand into the water to greet it, her face adorned by a small smile.

As he watched her the anger he still felt towards his friends surged from within and he yelled. The red head ranted, “Why were they acting so stupid?!”

He didn’t have a chance to continue because Thorn cut him of coldly. “How did you expect them to react to being ignored for two weeks?”

“What?” Jeremy sounded surprised, his anger frozen.

Her pale eyes met his, “You didn’t even notice. It’s been two weeks since the project started. You haven’t paid attention to any of your friends since then.”

His mind raced, it had been two weeks already? It felt like the project had just started. “It doesn’t matter,” he sputtered trying to force himself to remain angry, needing to feel like he wasn’t the one who was in the wrong. “They had no right to say anything about you.”

“Jeremy,” Thorn said sharply, her eyes hard and cold, showing a glimpse of her inner strength. “I don’t care what they think about me. I know who I am; I refuse to let their opinion change my view. And you shouldn’t care about what they think of me. Their opinions don’t matter to me, they mean nothing to me. The only reason I wanted you to be around them yesterday was to try to save your friendship. Getting into an argument with them over me was one of the most idiotic things you’ve ever done.”

He was speechless, her voice was so cold. This was a side he had never seen; this Thorn was hostile yet firm. He had known she never felt the need for people, but her complete dismissal of them still shocked him. She was his friend of course he’d care, even if she didn’t think that he should.

Her voice cut through his thoughts again, “But your resentment toward Magikarp and refusal to accept it are by far the least intelligent things you’ve ever done.”

His head snapped up and their eyes locked. She was small and probably fragile, he knew that; but, she terrified him. In that instance her eyes were so cold that it froze the air around him. Jeremy’s breath caught in his throat, he thought he’d figured her out for the most part but he knew now that he had only scratched the surface. The thought of what he’d discover over time about her scared him almost as much as her freezing eyes and voice. How did the Pokemon do it? How did they make the ice melt to make her soft smile come out? He’d envied them for their ability, but at that moment he dearly wished he were a Pokemon. As her eyes froze his heart, he wished he was a Pokemon that could melt the ice and make her happy.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

“I don’t care what they think about me. I know who I am; I refuse to let their opinion change my view. And you shouldn’t care about what they think of me. Their opinions don’t matter to me, they mean nothing to me. The only reason I wanted you to be around them yesterday was to try to save your friendship. Getting into an argument with them over me was one of the most idiotic things you’ve ever done.”

Okay, now I pretty have the Idea of how Thorn really is with this.

As for the chapter itself... well, I´ve gotta say there have been earlier ones with more content, I think there wasn´t that many things in this chapter and may be that is why it looks... normal and short.

I hope to see next installment sooner or later, and I hope next one will have more emotion, action, noir, or whatever you would like it to have.

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It’d been over a month since Thorn had glared at him. He didn’t have the nerve to go see her afterwards, too afraid of her cold restrained fury. The day afterwards he had seen her waiting by the pool, but he couldn’t go there, he couldn’t be near her. He couldn’t stand those eyes.

Jeremy watched Magikarp as it swam up the river as fast as it could, working as hard as it could. He hadn’t the courage to go near the pool anymore, so he didn’t know what to do to train it. Magikarp did, it kept doing what they had with Thorn; it needed no direction from him. Self-loathing welled in him, why was he such a coward where she was concerned? In reality he knew why, he knew she was right and that she always meant what she said. Her honesty scared him, the eyes that showed him her distance from people, her lack of needing human contact, terrified him.

His Magikarp suddenly sped off down the river, away from him. Jeremy’s eyes widened and he chased after it, calling it. He ran and ran until the pounding sound of the waterfall reached his ears. How could he forget? His Magikarp wasn’t skilled enough to handle a real waterfall, it’d get hurt!

“Magikarp!” He yelled, panicked. He could almost see the waterfall. And then his heart froze. It knew, his Magikarp knew, Thorn was standing there on the edge of the waterfall. Cold jealousy welled within him, why did it care so much about her? Why did it always choose her over him?

He fumbled for Magikarp’s PokeBall. He was not going to deal with this, he’d gone a month without those eyes and he was determined to go more. He was closer and he could make her out more distinctly, but his stamina was waning. Magikarp was full of adrenaline; it was racing full speed ahead to get to her. He pleaded for anything to interfere, begging for anything to keep Magikarp and Thorn from reuniting.

Suddenly she whirled around, looking toward the forest around them. “Vine Whip!” The cry he remembered too well resounded in the forest. He watched in horror as her eyes widened at the impending vines came towards her and her alone, her Houndour no where in sight.

They hit her in the chest, knocking the wind out of her and her off the edge of the cliff. “Thorn,” He yelled! He was sure that she would have screamed had she any air in her lungs. Jeremy didn’t even notice the look of pure shock on Jayce’s face, he hadn’t meant to knock her off of anything.

As she fell it was like in slow motion, Magikarp swam after her even faster. It jumped out of the water and off the waterfall it began to glow. As it too went over the edge its body elongated and a terrifying roar resounded through the forest. The birds flew from the trees to get away from the wrath. Jeremy stopped at the edge and was joined by his friends and a panicked Jayce who watched her hit the water’s surface, losing her wind again. They watched her swallow the water, her face showing the pain she felt. They watched as Jeremy’s glowing Pokemon dived into the water after her. They all watched petrified as the Gyarados broke through the water with a surge, Thorn in its fierce mouth. They watched it gently place her on the ground trying to get her to respond.

“Jayce you’re insane!” One of his friends, Adam, yelled Jayce was too shocked to speak. He released his Pokemon, which had evolved only a few days before.

“Ariados use string shot! We need to get down there now!” The spider spun its web quickly, and lowered itself and trainer down the cliff and to the ground. Adam raced towards her, not even looking at the Gyarados. Jeremy and the others atop the cliff watched as he pushed against her sternum trying to get her to cough up the water.

They watched as she came to, sputtering, and as she rolled onto her side still coughing. They watched as Adam rubbed her back soothingly. They watched as he picked her up, and draped an arm across his shoulder, and an arm around her waist. They watched as he slowly made his way towards his Pokemon, and as the three ascended.

Jayce finally managed to speak, “I didn’t mean for that to happen.”

“It doesn’t matter what you meant, she almost died!” Adam yelled.

Jeremy was transfixed on Thorn though. He had known she was small, and he had known she was physically fragile but seeing it was totally different. She was soaked and panting, trying to catch her breath. Thorn couldn’t even support herself yet, she was completely relying on Adam. She looked so small and fragile at that moment, that he suddenly knew why she’d received a Houndour. She could be strong, but she needed protection, if only from herself. She needed something that wouldn’t abandon her, like people did. And so, and so, she got one of the most loyal Pokemon out there. But it hadn’t been there for her today, where was it?

“I’m going to set you down by that tree,” Adam told her gently, and did without waiting for the response that would never come.

She leaned against the tree trunk and almost instantly there was a familiar red beam of light. Her Houndour released itself and was lapping at her face, terrified for what had happened to her. As she caught her wind she weakly looked at her familiar and gave it a small smile.

“I’m alright,” she whispered to it over an over, for it never believed her. Jeremy tore his eyes away from the sight. His gaze traveled down the waterfall to where his Gyarados was staring up at him. It had evolved for her; it had gone to her rescue. If she had needed a loyal companion what did he need? Why did he need a Magikarp?

He summoned his Pokemon into its PokeBall before returning his attention to Thorn. She was paying her thanks to Ariados, telling it was very brave. It seemed to glow under her attention.

Her gaze shifted to meet Adam’s; her eyes were soft as she stared up at him. “Thank you.” She said softly before a small smile blossomed. Jeremy’s breath caught in his throat, he never thought he’d see the day she smiled at a person. Yet there she was, smiling her soft, warm a smile meant solely for Adam.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:09 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Amazing Crimson,like always.I do think that you need to bring a bit of Jeremy getting attacked by the battle class though but who needs to listen to me?I dropped MY story.

Tue May 22, 2007 2:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My Corner: *Le gasp* What's this, an update? Such horror has never been seen before! Anywho, not too long and not overly exciting but Chapter 9 looks as though it'll be more 'action packed.' Which will probably be more appealing to you all, *shrugs*. Who knows I may even get some comments.

<p align="center"><i>Chapter 8</i></p>
“Jeremy,” her detached voice broke the silence that loomed over the lake. He had known she was there, behind him. How could he not know when his Gyarados looked like it was about to jump out of its skin in joy? He didn’t turn to look at her; he hadn’t been able to look at her since she nearly drowned. She had made him such a coward; her confidence had snuffed his certainty in life.

“You need to,” she began but he cut her off, whirling around to look at her.

“Get over whatever it is right? Don’t be so predictable Thorn.” He seethed.

Those eyes of hers narrowed a fraction, “I don’t know why you’re being such an idiot.” She spat out the last word, “But I don’t feel like failing because my partner has been avoiding me for a month.”

He blinked. They were failing? How did she know something like that? She continued, explaining everything to him. “My teacher came up to me today and told me that if we didn’t start working together we were both going to fail.”

The red head shook his head, this was insane. Why couldn’t life be simple for him? “How do they know if we are working together or not?”

She raised an eyebrow at him, “My teacher’s Swellow flies over the forest everyday and reports back to him. It’s seen us separated for about two weeks now to my knowledge.”

He gaped, a Swellow? She noticed something as insignificant as a Swellow flying overhead when they were in a forest. He rubbed his face tiredly; of course she would, it would be normal to do otherwise.

“Fine,” He said defeated, “Where do we start?” His Gyarados had been ignoring him for days now; it refused to listen to him.

She seemed to relax, almost as if she were expecting more of a fight out of him. “Meditation.”

Jeremy stared at her in disbelief. “We’re going to meditate? What good is that going to do? That’s a waste of time.”

Thorn walked towards the lake’s edge and Gyarados leaned down for her to stroke the scales upon its face lovingly. “You are going to meditate for however long it takes. And it will do the world of difference. I doubt you’ll be done today, so it’ll stretch over some time.”

“And what will change,” He asked irritated?

The pale eyed girl didn’t bother to glance at him as she continued to grace his Gyarados with affection. “You will change,” She said cryptically.

He ran his fingers through his short red hair. “I happen to like myself a lot Thorn.”

“That’s a good thing, but some parts of you need to change if you want Gyarados to listen to you.”

The red head sighed. “So how am I supposed to meditate?”

The girl finally turned away from the water pokemon, giving him her full attention. “Find a spot and sit down. Make sure you can sit there as still as possible for a long time.”

He narrowed his eyes, “How long is ‘a long time.”

She answered cryptically, “That all depends on you.”

The boy huffed and went to the edge of the clearing. He sat down at the base of a trunk and got comfy. “Is there anything else, Thorn?”

She put a hand in her pocket and walked over to him. Thorn pulled out her hand revealing a rock the size of her small palm. The rock was set down in front of him. “Focus on that, this way I can make sure you don’t fall asleep.”

This is so boring! He thought exasperatedly a while later. She couldn’t have picked a more boring subject to look at. Jeremy knew she was playing with her Houndour and his Gyarados. He had tried to sneak glances at them, but she always caught him. So, he was trying to dutifully sit there and meditate. But, he was itching to move; he wanted to do something fun.

Suddenly he blurted out, “Thorn this is stupid. I don’t see why I have to waste my time with this stupid rock.”

Her quiet and even voice answered back, “You sat there for half an hour; I’m impressed I thought you’d give up sooner. And what do you have to do other than sit there and stare at that rock? Get mad at Gyarados when you try to train and it won’t listen to you? Now that would be productive.”

He sneered, “It’d be better than this, it’s a stupid rock how’s it going to help me?”

“Such harsh words, what did the rock do to deserve that treatment?”

The boy blinked, “The damn rock didn’t do a damn thing. You’re forcing me to do this; it’s all your fault!”

Her pale eyes were half-lidded and he swore he saw amusement flashing through them. “And what have I done?”

His hands were thrown in the air, “You’ve done it all, and you’ve practically stolen Gyarados from me. You’re better at training than me. And you,” he turned angry eyes to stare into hers. “You always make me look the fool!”

Her eyes widened marginally, momentarily, and he could practically see a dark smile on her demure face. While her face was neutral and controlled, Jeremy could practically see the dark smile and amusement flashing across her eyes. It was like she was laughing at him, drinking in his fury and turning it into her joy.

“How…” She paused searching for the perfect word, “How adorable.”

Gracelessly, Jeremy got to his feet. Anger swelled within him, here he was angry at her and she was calling him adorable. That just wasn’t right!

“You’re all angry at me because you can’t see your short comings.” Thorn began, wicked delight dancing in her eyes beneath hooded eyes guarded by long black lashes. “I have one thing you don’t, something you need if you’re going to get Gyarados’s cooperation.”

Angrily the teen spat out his answer, “And what’s that, a lack of human decency?”

“As stimulating as that would be, no, you lack patience.” She felt like she was in some cheesy movie, what a horrible feeling.

Slack-jawed the red head stared at Thorn in disbelief. That’s all? How on earth was a rock going to do any good with patience?

Irritated by her, he decided to sit back down and think of ways to get that smile in her eyes turned upside down. Grumpily the teen resumed his task of staring at the innocent rock that still sat right where Thorn had left it.

“Jeremy,” came Thorn’s soothing voice.

He broke out of his trancelike state and looked up at her startled. “What?”

There was a bit of triumph in the girl’s eyes but he decided not to comment on any of it. She didn’t need more of a self-inflated ego. Her voice broke through his mind again, “Time to go.”

He blinked and looked at the sky; sure enough the sun was beginning to set. “I think we’ll start with some basics tomorrow.” Thorn said easily.

Jeremy lurched to his feet, his legs stiff with holding one position for so long. “Huh?”

“You’ve been sitting there for hours, being very patient. I think you can handle the basics of training a pokemon with moves tomorrow.”

She was actually taunting him with that damn patient crap. That irked him, what right did she have to do that?

Thorn turned and simply walked away, not bothering to look back at him or Gyarados. How did she do it? How was she so brave when she nearly died less than a week ago? When were people worthy of her smiles? Adam was apparently, or at least he had been that one time. Jeremy wanted that smile. He supposed that wasn’t so strange. In a dusty and often times ignored recess of his mind something was strange. What did unnerve him, when he would rarely acknowledge it, was that he wanted her smile all to himself.

Last edited by Crimson on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:42 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I was so disapointed when I saw your sig.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'll take that as an 'I really liked it' comment, LOL. XD

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next