It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New sig- C+C, please!! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

... And Scizor's returned. Good.
On-Topic: Uh, uh, ... I have a question to ask you. On iaza, there's a transparency thing there, I know. But how does it work? I've tried, but I don't know how to work it.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@Scizor Rules: are those characters?? If i find time, i'll try googling it later on to find out.

About the Iaza thing: I don't use it. Instead, I use GIMP, which has a way to add in transparency already. But I did take a look at iaza, so i think you just upload a picture, then click the color you want to become transparent. But this is pure speculation, so you might want to ask Magikarps_Beast or Mektar for clarification.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

How do you make things transparent on GIMP anyway? I (finally) downloaded it, but I'm so confused! For some reason, it won't let me move any objects that I selected, and I don't know how the magic wand works at all. I haven't had much Photoshop experience either, and GIMP is said to be like Photoshop. If I knew how to use GIMP well, then maybe I could make some awesome sigs like you do. (lol at the if...then format for hypotheses in lab experiments. I'm a total nerd.)

Also: rex09 is correct about the iaza thing. However, you should fill in the areas that you want to be transparent with a color that is NOT on your piece (ex. Your piece contains reds and yellows, so you should fill the background with, say, lime green. When you go on iaza, load the image, click "Transparent", click on the lime green, click the button saying something like "Submit", and ta da! You have a transparent sprite!)

Sprite Collection

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so there's a thing on the menu bar (you know, it has file, and edit, insert, etc.) that says layers. scroll down and find "transparency." then, "add alpha channel." use the magic wand on the areas that you want to be transparent; after each click, a dotted line should surround the area. Press delete. Boom. You have transparency in that area. Repeat anywhere else you want to be transparent.

Basically, the magic wand takes a certain area bound by another color, and selects it. That's kind of the simplest way to put it. Try looking up a tutorial on youtube; visuals are best for this kind of thing. other than that, just play around with it. You'll learn a lot that way.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks! I'll make sure that I remember this.
EDIT: How do you get out of the selection once you make everything transparent? Now I can't do anything else. The Photoshop project I did in computer class last year is not too clear in my memory. (Sorry if my GIMP questions seem to be spamming up your thread)

Sprite Collection

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2