It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 SMAAAASH!! and whatever 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I draw. It's what I do. Check out my amazingly geeky comics and arts on SMAAAASH!!. Updates Fridays. In fact the current one is a Pokémon comic!! :U Wow the coincidences.

Aaand I take commissions... or I would, if anyone would request anything... Pokémon are cheaper 'cause they're easy to draw and I like doin' it, so

Here are a few pocket monsters I drew, maybe they will make you happy

An embarrassed Furret

A shy Politoed

The force is with a Dewott

A Mienshao texture for Brawl Lucario

A Cleffa in a leather jacket high-fives a Herdier

One more, one more

I'll report back if I make anything major that pertains to Pokémon, otherwise just check my site if you're interested. There's an RSS feed if that suits your fancy. There's an RSS feed if it doesn't suit your fancy, too; it's not a conditional thing, it's just there

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

These are really good. It takes a lot of skill to do stuff like this. I have neither the time or the patience to do non-sprite work. And it's even harder to do Brawl textures. Welcome to the Museum!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's not Pokémon-related but I finished a Brawl stage

Candy Constellation from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror.

It's my third one so far, actually:

The second one: Bowser's Castle, Paper Mario 1

And the first: Osohe Castle, EarthBound 2 (MOTHER 3)

They're basically arrangements of 3D models already found in Brawl, scaled and stretched to the sizes I need and retextured to look like something else and put in place.

I'm not the only one who makes things like this but a lot of people out there who do just don't seem to care. They won't always animate things in the background that should be moving. They won't always do anything with how it actually plays beyond one flat line serving as the ground. It's a disappointment, things like that should be priorities.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I wish these forums supported some HTML so I could post images this broad without manually resizing 'em

Also I'm updating my comic on Thursdays now. Nothing happens on Thursdays but NOW IT DOES

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This should interest some of you

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

That's sweet. My friend downloads a lot a Brawl hacks (I play it with him at his house like every other week), and I'll have to show him your work now. Keep it up!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's a Pokémon comic. Relating to Yellow, this time.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:35 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok, that was probably one of the funniest things I have read today. (Even though it's 6:04 in the morning :P ). But in all honesty, your comic was, in short, awesome. I expected something completely different, and when it came to the final panel, I was cracking up. Good work!

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Good comics! I'm very impressed! Also, do you run SMASH?

Goodbye
"

Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That I do. I'm the palooka responsible for everything on that mess

Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The Mewtwo one made me nostalgic. :3 these are amazing!

Last edited by Lapras-X on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So what does Link want for his birthday?
Vikings!
One question: How did you come about securing a website for yourself? I have a friend who reminds me of you (his own humorous sayings have become a personality all of their own) and he is an artist as well, but he hates carrying around the 10 flash drives he has with him. I told him about SMAAAASH and he asked if I could like, send him a link and tell him how you got your own site.
Oh, and I'm signing up to SMAAAASH as soon as I get the chance.

Goodbye
"

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:36 am
THE POWER IS ON!

That favorite Pokemon of each type picture. <3

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There's a funny story about that. I've been part of The Mushroom Kingdom's community for a long time and have become a mod on the forums and get to do a few staffish things like answer mailbags and edit some things (probably more than I know). I was supposed to get a Brawl snapshot album together... uuhhmmmm..........

Anyway, a site on Kontek is something I got for that, in 2008. Originally all I used it for was uploading whatever sort of files I had and linked to 'em through 90s-style HTML. I guess it was more like a scrapbook, you could say, with emphasis on the "crap" because I was really bad. I guess I've been making comics since around then but I didn't have an update schedule and I didn't even call it a webcomic until I had about 20 of them, at which point I gave it a title and it became the main thing there. Only last year did I install Comicpress and buy a domain name. I would say time flies, but recounting all this, it's amazing to me that this has all been only the course of four years.

Long story short: I got lucky, I have a strong tendency (maybe even a fault) to do things the old-fashioned way because I don't know any better, and learned all these things really slowly. That was really unhelpful, sorry. Basically: get hosting some way somehow (I'm pretty sure GoDaddy and other places that sell domains also provide hosting if you need it), learn to use some manner of FTP client (I use FileZilla, it's free and easy to understand), and install some type of blog software or something, like WordPress. In that order.

Or if you want to keep it simple, just get a WordPress account or a Tumblr or something. In fact I think you can also buy a domain name and assign it to a Tumblr blog... So you could have super-simplicity and professionalism at the same time, if you don't mind shelling out about ten bucks to register a domain. Although I have heard terrible stories about Tumblr's populace, about how if you're a white straight male who doesn't believe he is a dragon or sphinx or toaster trapped in human form, you will be booed as the scum of the earth... I guess if you took care not to make eye contact or try to fight them you'd survive...

Lastly: You don't sign up for anything on my site, if you want to comment you just drop a name and e-mail address and throw some words at the screen.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I really enjoy your work, Skeleton. Occasionally I remember SMAAAASH exists and get caught up on reading your posts 8)

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

These are really good. I can safely attest this is on a different level, this is pro-level stuff you be honest. Your politoad beats the heck out of Ken Sugimori's

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Anthonyss4 wrote:
These are really good. I can safely attest this is on a different level, this is pro-level stuff you be honest. Your politoad beats the heck out of Ken Sugimori's

Woah. That's quite a compliment.

Have you designed any Pokes, Skel?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]