It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 *new* Pokemon Sprite Wallpaper Creator v3 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokemon Sprite Wallpaper Creator V3

The Pokemon Sprite Wallpaper Creator has had it's biggest update yet!

View it: http://p.fuzzicode.com

Dedicated Sub-Domain - The Pokemon Sprite Wallpaper, due to popularity, has been given it's own subdomain at http://p.fuzzicode.com.

Gird Based - Version 3 presents a new 'kind' of wallpaper, Grid Based. Instead of randomly placing sprites all over the page, Grid Based wallpapers are neater as it uses the Menu Sprites and Overworld Sprites.

Tiled Wallpapers - Tile rips from the games can be used as wallpapers on Grid Based Wallpapers.

Latest Sprites - All sprites from Black and White 2 have been included!

More Sprites - Now, you can have Pokemon face backwards. Also, Grid Based wallpapers have the option of using Menu Sprites and Overworld Sprites!

Re-Written Pokemon Selection - Now, selecting what Pokemon you want to appear on the wallpaper is easier than ever! Just check the checkbox next to the Pokemon you want to include it!

Optimized Code - The wallpaper has been re-coded, it should operate a lot faster now.

If you like what you see, please share with your friends! The number of views this thing gets motivates me to add more, cooler features.
All comments, feedback, suggestions should be sent using the contact form hyperlinked in the footer of the website.

Thanks Again!

View it: http://p.fuzzicode.com

Screenshots:

Last edited by Greffer on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Welcome to the Psypoke Forums, Greffer, hope you have a nice time here!

After trying out this nifty gadget a few times, I can now give my opinions about it:
Firstly, thank you very much for putting much effort into creating this unique gadget and sharing it with all of us! :)
It's quite user-friendly and easy to use (I love how it even detects my screen size) yet provides much freedom for customization - shininess, size, color theme, etc. The results are quite satisfactory for a random generator!

Some suggestions I can think of are:
- A preset for all legendaries, not just trios
- A "Types" filter, like the existing "Regions" and "Colors" ones
- If you're willing to take a step further, the ability to use sprites from other versions (e.g. HGSS sprites, RSE sprites)
The only other thing I can think of is placing shiny Pokemon into different color groups than their normal counterpart, such as shiny Luvdisc in the yellow group, but that is way too much trouble to worry about now.

And...that's all I can think of now. Thanks again!

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:36 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ShinyLucario wrote:
Welcome to the Psypoke Forums, Greffer, hope you have a nice time here!

After trying out this nifty gadget a few times, I can now give my opinions about it:
Firstly, thank you very much for putting much effort into creating this unique gadget and sharing it with all of us! :)
It's quite user-friendly and easy to use (I love how it even detects my screen size) yet provides much freedom for customization - shininess, size, color theme, etc. The results are quite satisfactory for a random generator!

Some suggestions I can think of are:
- A preset for all legendaries, not just trios
- A "Types" filter, like the existing "Regions" and "Colors" ones
- If you're willing to take a step further, the ability to use sprites from other versions (e.g. HGSS sprites, RSE sprites)
The only other thing I can think of is placing shiny Pokemon into different color groups than their normal counterpart, such as shiny Luvdisc in the yellow group, but that is way too much trouble to worry about now.

And...that's all I can think of now. Thanks again!

Hi ShinyLucario,

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate the reply!

I added a preset for all legendaries as of now :P
I am working on a Types filter, but it's taking longer than expected, but it should be up by the end of this week

Also, I originally planned to have sprites from all games, however, most sprites I found had white backgrounds, instead of transparent ones,
and since I'm not much of a designer, I don't know of an efficient way to remove them all.

I actually ripped most of the sprites from Psypoke, the BW sprites had transparent backgrounds,
but those of the earlier games did not, so I limited it to BW sprites for now (until I can find transparent background sprites)

If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Thanks again

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Umm... I want to actually start to do stuff like spriting and all that, but everytime I click the link, I get something that says 500 Site not found or some stupid thing like that. It says I have to contact the webmaster. I just want to know how to make it work.

Goodbye
"

Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Samurott wrote:
Umm... I want to actually start to do stuff like spriting and all that, but everytime I click the link, I get something that says 500 Site not found or some stupid thing like that. It says I have to contact the webmaster. I just want to know how to make it work.

It seems to be working for me

I recently updated the website, so try this link

http://fuzzicode.com/projects:pokemonSp ... perCreator

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok. Thats frigging amazing! It works. Thanks, Greffer!

Goodbye
"

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hi there Grefer, as for your white-background sprites problem, I'll suggest this site: http://www.dragonflycave.com/sprites.aspx - it also states that you can freely use the sprites!
I haven't tried out all the packages yet, but at the very least R/S and HG/SS (and B/W) ones are fully transparent. Note that D/P ones have two frames in one image and might not be usable for you.
Hope this helps! ;)

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ShinyLucario wrote:
Hi there Grefer, as for your white-background sprites problem, I'll suggest this site: http://www.dragonflycave.com/sprites.aspx - it also states that you can freely use the sprites!
I haven't tried out all the packages yet, but at the very least R/S and HG/SS (and B/W) ones are fully transparent. Note that D/P ones have two frames in one image and might not be usable for you.
Hope this helps! ;)

Thanks, I'll implement those sometime soon

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Man, this thing you made is epic. Next we need to use it in one of it's useful ways.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Shadowy traner wrote:
Man, this thing you made is epic. Next we need to use it in one of it's useful ways.

Thanks for the compliment :P

I'm in the progress of implementing sprites from different games and implementing Types.

If you have any other requests, feel free to ask :)

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Can this be used for color splicing, perhaps?

Goodbye
"

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokemon Sprite Wallpaper Creator has been updated to v2

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:09 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

can you make costumized pokemon into a wallpaper?
that would be awesome

My Sprites are at the following please comment/advise so i may get better
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=30219

Wed May 02, 2012 1:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

bump.

I've updated the Pokemon Sprite Wallpaper Creator.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

wow nice. could you make a forum banner setting like thing? you know like wallpaper but banners :) . i do like it very much :)

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

azul wrote:
wow nice. could you make a forum banner setting like thing? you know like wallpaper but banners :) . i do like it very much :)

I guess that would be possible, but the image url would be incredibly long.

What you would do is create a banner with the appropriate settings first, then copy the URL of the image that is generated at the bottom to use as a banner.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Bump.

Added screenshots.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:59 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Quote:
Hey guys, the Pokemon Sprite Wallpaper Creator has been updated yet again. Check it out: http://redd.it/16r9lb

^ This was the OP of a new thread Greffer made, but making another thread is unnecessary, and I therefore merged it with this one.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]