It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 The Hermit of Infinita Forest 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is slightly based off of a forum based RP I play on another site.

The kid stumbled through the forest, frightened, alone, and hungry. He ran as fast as he could, and, after much tripping and stumbling, arrived at a clearing. It was oval in shape, and had thee trees in the shape of a triangle in the center of it. He looked around. This was nothing like anything he'd ever seen. Then he heard an explosion and turned to see a house on the outside of the oval. The explosion blew a hole in the roof, and a middle aged man clad in hiking boots, jeans, and a red flannel shirt ran out, coughing and wheezing. The boy immediately sensed a lumberjack. He'd heard stories of their cunning and sly tactics. Or was that ninjas.....never the less, he looked at the man, who tripped over a rock and face planted. He writhed about, coughing violently. The rock unfolded two arms and floated up. A Geodude! No way! A second explosion blew out another portion of the roof. Then he stood up.

"Rakkin' frakkin' chemistry....that's what I get fer fiddlin' with what ought not be fiddled with...."

Then he saw the boy.

"Oy! What're you doin' here? This is private property! Get outta here!"

"S-sir...I'm lost....in this forest....I......"

The weak voice trailed off and the man looked up and arched an eyebrow. He walked inside and grabbed a Pokeball before opening it.

"Hydro Pump, Sheila."

The immense red Gyrados began blasting water at the smoldering portions of the house. He walked towards the boy, who now had been reduced to a small heap. He warily poked the boy with the toe of his boot.

"What do you want?"

He was half talking, half crying. The old man flashed back to the day Professor Oak had given him a Chimchar at the Infinita City Pokemon Convention. He smiled fondly and helped the kid up.

"Return, Sheila. So, kid, what're you doing all the way out here?"

He wiped is nose on the sleeve of his shirt.

"I just got my starter from the Convention and I wanted to catch up with the other trainers and I guess I'm lost..."

They walked towards the house when a Pidgeot carrying an Infernape on its back.

"Ah, Flying Rat, Sparky, I see you've returned. How was your excursion?"

They nodded gravely and perched in a tree.

"Those Pokemon...they're yours?"

The boy could not believe it.

"Yep. I don't think it's right to restrain them in a Pokeball. I prefer to let the ones that can roam free roam free. But some of them, like Sheila, can't live outside of a Pokeball where there's no water."

They walked up some old steps, which were crumbling from the years of abuse. They passed a few Tangela hiding in the flower beds, and two young Nidorino wrestled playfully. A Snorlax lay near the edge of the clearing, and a group of Pidgey rousted atop its rotund belly. The boy noticed more and more Pokemon. He looked up and saw a Hypno standing in a yoga like stance high atop the house's chimney, one foot resting on the knee of the other. The one footed position looked precarious, and made the boy nervous. He was amazed by the variety of Pokemon the man had.

"So what starter did you choose?"

The boy fumbled about on his belt for a Pokeball before holding it up proudly.

"A Mudkip!"

The man stopped, and saw the massive Swampert send a powerful blast of water at his Infernape, he could see Jack and the others look on in terror, the chaos enveloping them all. He and Locke, side by side, taking on that traitorous bastard. He shook the thought from his head. It was a long time ago, and he should have forgotten it by now. Yet he could not.

"Mister?"

He spun around and examined the little Pokemon.

"An excellent choice! Although you might want to start using one of these."

He pulled a bandolier off a wall and handed it to the boy.

"This'll make it easier for you to access your Pokemon."

He continued to walk, and then the boy saw it. Through a massive hole in the wall, he saw a hallway lined with shelves, and on those shelves there were hundreds of Pokeballs. Each one had a Pokemon's name inscribed in it. The boy could not help but be impressed.

To be continued. Yes, I know Prof. Oak never gave out any Chimchar. In our RP, all the Professors converg on Infinita City (part of a made up region) once a year to dispense all the different types of starter Pokemon to various people.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]