It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Legend's First Splices. 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So I've decided to splice or recolor. It's fun actually, the feeling when you zoom out on your work is awesome. Here are some examples.

Attachment:
Manezy.PNG

This one was my first one. Manectric and Drowzy. I couldn't get the head to look round, but it looks alright, eh?

Attachment:
Linooyena.PNG

This one is my personal favorite. Linoone and Mightyena. The red eye off of Mightyena fit perfectly. The nose, it was the most trouble.

Attachment:
Leafeon Recolor - Glaceon.PNG

This one isn't a splice, but a Leafeon recolor, from Glaceon. It was fun to do, especially when i zoomed out, I was surprised it came out so good.

What do you guys think? Care to comment?

EDIT: I also forgot, Could anyone post suggestions, so i don't get bored. o.o

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

^Link to mah shop. Click it.^

Last edited by Electric Trainer on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

they look pretty good. the linoone/mightyena kinda just looked like a linoone recolor, tho.... btw, you may want to put transparency in, if you're going to open a shop, or give these to people. just my opinion, tho. good work!!! :-D

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:34 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I can't get transparency, and I'm doing pretty well as an artist. Once I get arount to buying Photoshop, i'll be in business!

Anyway, the outline on Manezy is nonexistant in some places. Other than that, they're pretty good!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:02 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Linooyena is my favorite 1...

I like them all though but the 1 I like the least would be Manezee(Drowzee is spelled like that) & not because of the outlining Mektar mentioned which I agree with...

Oh & though it is probably harder to use then Photoshop, you could get transparent backgrounds with GIMP as well...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
I can't get transparency, and I'm doing pretty well as an artist. Once I get arount to buying Photoshop, i'll be in business!

Anyway, the outline on Manezy is nonexistant in some places. Other than that, they're pretty good!

okay, while that's true, that you don't need transparency, it's still a good idea (imo).... and as lawence codye said, you can put it in in gimp as well (just go to layers, then add alpha layer, then create alpha layer; use the magic wand on the outside color, and boom, transparency; or you could always just use the select feature to delete stuff). anyways, it's still a good job, Legendary Tamer!!! keep on doing stuff, and you'll probably be better than a lot of the spriters on this site (well, me at minimum lol)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:31 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey rex, thanks for the support, it made my day. :) I know I will continue spriting. It really is fun.

And I don't know what transparency does, so, I'm just going to keep it in it's tiny canvas in the top left corner until I figure out what transparency does.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Transparency or in other words, Transparent Background makes the background invisible when posting stuff online like for example, my avatar sprite, there was a white background on it then a black background on it & when I finally used what is known as transparency, it shows up black & when I post the picture somewhere or open the file in a program that doesn't edit say the pixels, poof the background is somehow not there...this is cause I used transparency by turning the background the RGB Color Black(R=1, G=1, B=1) which is how it works in a PNG image...GIMP does this with better results easier but by using basically the same method only with layers involved, rex09 basically explained how so I'm done here...

Have no clue if this explained it but I tried so...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I recently got some more done, here they are. Tell me how you like them.

Attachment:
Mudkihita.PNG

I messed up on the lines you call eyes. They are very faint. I forgot to fix it. -.-

Attachment:
Gulpat.PNG

Golbat + Gulpin = Awesome. I really liked doing this one. :D

Attachment:
Plusinun.PNG

Plusle and Minun fusion. It was hard to get Minun's tail to fit where I wanted it.

I have two more. Tell me if you wanna see them.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Plusinun is so so & expected but still fantastic...

Gulpat is my favorite as it is just solid execution with the way you choose to fuse the 2 together, I say they should actually make a pokemon like this 1...

Mudkihita is also very well executed in the way you fused the 2 & tbh I don't have a noticable problem with the lines people call eyes at all, that being said I do see the error though...

& of course I want to see the other 2 "for better or for worse"...I have good things in mind for how good they might look...

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:24 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Again with the outlines. Other that that, they're getting better for the most part. Do you know how to turn Draw Opaque on and off? Judgeing by Gulpat, you don't. It really helps whey you want Pokeparts to join smoothly.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok I dont know what Draw Opaque is, or how to use it. >.> Wanna tell me how?

Here are the other two
Attachment:
Charistoise.PNG

I have to admit, this one looks bad, but good enough to keep
Attachment:
Scicario.PNG

This one is one of my favorites of the patch. It was fun to make.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Legend...I agree with you on Charistoise...

As far as Scicario, it is one of the best in show...

To use Draw Opaque;

- In Paint -

1. Click on Image on the Menu Tab at the top

2. You will see a option without a shortcut command

3. Click on it & a check will appear to the left of it, you are now good to go

4. PROFIT!

This is actually basic knowledge for spriting in MS Paint so be sure to always have it on when doing your thing, it helps & I know why now...

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok... I did that. I've always had it on. O_O What does it help, anyway?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

When useing the Select tool, it makes the color in the lower right square at the bottom act 'transparent'.

PS. Will you please enter my Art Contest? I'm sick of waiting for more participants :/

Mektar out.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok I get it now.

Mektar wrote:
PS. Will you please enter my Art Contest? I'm sick of waiting for more participants :/

Yea. I'll get right on it.

EDIT: I fixed up Manezee Looks better, eh?

Attachment:
Manezee.PNG

EDIT: Here's the url to my Flickr account, if anyone would like to see my future splices/recolors:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legendary_tamer/

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

It looks much much better with that 1 thing...good work Legend...

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i really like the linoone and mightyena sprite. and after you fixed up the Manezy (or wahtever its called, sorry i didn't quite pay attention XD) it looked pretty awesome.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:48 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thank you, Magikarp. I like yours too. :D

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mektar wrote:

they way that i get transparency is through http://www.iaza.com you just upload ur pic, select trasparent, click the color you want transparent (background), then right click the pic and the url is in the properties panel. its all free all the time!

haha anyway yeah they arent bad for beginners the only advice i have is to spend alittle more time on them

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So, I'm thinking of starting a shop. I can do Eggs, Recolors, Pokeballs, Toxic, Inverted, and of course, Splices. Is that enough to open a shop?

Last edited by Electric Trainer on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:27 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yeah, but make sure nobody has that stuff copyrighted (for instance, i know how mektar does his beta inverts; but i can't due to the fact that it's his process). maybe add something that is specifically yours (like my unpopular ice sculptures) to attract attention. and a trainer card, since those are really popular. good luck!!!

Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]