It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Making of Seresta: Part 1 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Here is a fan fic I am writing in dedication to my rpg and to explain how the region in which the rpg takes place originated.

Quote:
Chapter 1: They're coming!

1000 years ago...

It was cold in the night... Jaffar ran as fast as he could through the Frost Forest. The whole bottom half of his body was numb in the cold snow. "I got to make it..." he thought. "I got to make it!!" he screamed out loud. No one was in sight. He must make it to the Frost River Town to find Shelter, but all he could think about was, "they're coming!"
Two hours later, Jaffar had made it through the Frost River Town and was making his way through route 303, he was not as cold, but still very, very cold. He saw an old man standing in the snow, shoveling it. "There's a house, I must be getting close to the river town" He ran over to the man. "You have to get out of here, something terrible is going to happen if you don't. Get your family, definitely your Pokemon, and follow me!" Said Jaffar in a quick, and dazed minute. "What's the rush?" Asked the elder. Jaffar was already speaking right after the short question. "They're coming, They're coming!! We have to leave before they get here!" "My children are sick and need help, they can't walk through the cold in the middle of the night." stated the old man stubbornly. Jaffar left, knowing the old man would not risk the lives of his kids and wife.
Another half-hour passed and no-sign of the River Town, Jaffar was uneasy, knowing that they were coming. But who were they anyways, that is what Jaffar was going to find out sooner then he thought.

I hope that was enough for one chapter. The later chapters get longer.
Speaking of later chapters, here's 2 and 3 for ya.

Quote:

Chapter 2: Fight in the Night

Jaffar made his way through a mile of frozen shrubs and plants, avoiding going through wide plains. The path made was covered with snow, so he couldn't find his way through route 303 so easily. Another ten minutes had past, Jaffar suddenly heard a feint beat of wings. They were getting closer, Jaffar was running with all of his speed now, trying to outrun whatever was following him. The sound kept getting louder, Jaffar knew he had to face whatever was coming. "Come on out Charizard!!" Jaffar had unleashed the massive beast from the Pokeball. Jaffar climbed on Charizard's back, but it was too late, the followers have arrived and were flying towards them.
One of the King's loyal friends was flying towards them on a violent Zapdos.
The massive electrical bird erupted with several bolts of lightning at once. "I found you traitor!" Charizard flew between the thunder bolts hurdling towards them with amazing precision. "I left for a good reason, Marcus!" Charizard shot back a burst of flames which Zapdos dodged with little effort. "Your gonna have to do better than that disloyal one!" Marcus shouted with a glare that would make a Salamence nervous. Zapdos unleashed another round of thunder, only to be thorn back by a quick and nimble, seismic toss. Zapdos tumbled to the ground with Charizard following it downwards. "Was that good enough for ya?" Jaffar yelled with an obnoxious sound. At Jaffar's command, Charizard shot a quick fire spin, surrounding Zapdos and Marcus in a ring of fire, but they would not be able to get out so soon with Zapdos having an injured wing. Marcus shouted something back, but Jaffar was too far away and couldn't here the end of the frustrated comment. "Come back her- -------!!"

Quote:

Chapter 3: The Awkward Silence

"Come on Charizard, just a little longer." It was freezing, I could tell we were nearing the Frost River Town. Charizard couldn't last much longer in this temperature, I had to give him a rest. "Charizard, put me down now... return and have a good rest buddy, you deserve it." Wait, I saw lights in the distance, we're almost there, I need to hurry.
I rushed into the town, it was morning and little Swinub's were crawling around with the Snorunt's. I walked to the center of the town, and at the top of my lungs, I shouted what I have been trying to tell the old man. "WE MUST LEAVE, EVERYONE WAKE UP!" In about ten minutes, everybody was standing at the center of the small ice village. "A young man ended the awkward silence. "who are you and why are you here?" "My name is Jaffar and I'm here to get you all out of here because all of your Pokemon are in danger." The bustling crown was chatting quietly about the odd statement for a few minutes, and then a young women, about Jaffar's age, came out of the crowd. "The man has honesty in his voice, we must assist him with his quest to help us." Another voice came out of the audience, "Why should we listen to you, you witch?" A throbbing vein pulsed out of the young women's head, "Have I ever been wrong about anything, no? I didn't think so, so shut your beak you old hag!!" The woman who had insulted the young woman stepped backed off. Jaffar then interrupted, "Excuse me, but I didn't come here to start a fight. I came here to announce something very important, in regard to the king and his men." "What is the news?" shouted another man. Jaffar took a deep breath, cleared his throat, and begun the summary of what had happened to him in the past few days.

To Be Continued...

Most of you probably have quit reading this by now but if you still are interested in more, don't quit out yet ;)

Quote:

Chapter 4: The Origin of Jaffar, and a Secret Revealed

"It was another cold night in the jail cells of the king's stronghold in Tamarack Castle Town. There were new guards that night, they weren't that good at their job either. One of them accidentally unleashed my Tyranitar while looking at the Pokeballs. Lucky for us, Tyranitar was a bit outraged with being in it's Pokeball for 7 months. With an amazing earthquake, Tyranitar sent the fools flying and set me free. That's when I began my journey to warn the world of the dangers coming. I learned a secret while I was in the jail cell. The king is setting of with his loyal friends and is going to take the Pokemon away from everyone. He is planning a war against Sinnoh and will stop at nothing to bring all the Pokemon to their full power. He is an evil man and must be stopped. If you will help me and your Pokemon, please come to the edge of town at 5:00pm."
There was a short rustling in the crowd, and everyone went back to the cabins, with fear in every one of their eyes.
It was 3:00pm and Jaffar was eating food he found on the road, perhaps a villager dropped it, but he didn't care where it came from, he was starving. "hello there, I think it's a wonderful thing what you are doing to try and save these people." The young woman that was mentioned as a witch, was right in front of him with a beautiful smile on her face.
"Thank you, I just hope we get away from here before the king's men do. I got a plan worked out. Half of the village comes with me through Quake Cave Town, Shimoti Island, Vile Island, Port Hutchins, and we'll stop at the Borealis Mountain Range. The other half will cross the sea to Yew Town, and take short visits at Celestar village and EHQ. Then they will turn around and go to Turquoise City, Cumulus City, and meet us at the Borealis Mountain Range. Hopefully we will have gathered enough people to stop the soldiers and create the Revolution of Seresta. That will be a day that will be celebrated by all." Jaffar finished briskly.
"That is a very creative idea, I root for you all the way, might I perhaps join you in you journey of the brave. I have been looking for something to make me stand out, and not just be normal, I have always wanted adventure in my life. Me and my Garedevoir and Blissey make a wonderful team. Surely we can help, right?" The young lady spoke.
"I need all the help I can get." Replied Jaffar.
"By the way, my name is Justina, it is a pleasure to meet you." Justina said with compassion.
"Thank you, I look forward to battling alongside with you. It shall be the greatest adventure in all of Seresta."

Quote:

Chapter 5: Tensions Grow

It was soon 5:00 PM...

There was a crowd of people at the southern edge of town, though, they were only a half of the town. "I trust you all will follow along and not give up in the quest to save our land?"
"WE WILL PROTECT!!" shouted the citizens.

Jaffar split the bundle of people into two groups and told them of the plan he discussed with Justina.
A young gentlemen trotted up to Jaffar a few minutes later, " 'Hello, the name's Alec, there wouldn't be a chance that I could travel in your group instead of the one going through Yew Town, would there? Hello? Are you listening you fool?"
Jaffar had been too busy to notice Alec, because the whole time he had been gazing at Justina like a fool! He didn't notice until he felt a surge of heat running through his foot. Jaffar hollered loudly as he noticed the Magcargo spitting the magma on his foot.

"I'm sure glad that got your attention!" said Alec.
"What the hell?!?" Jaffar screamed madly.
"Ooh, so now you want to talk Sir.Dreamy! shouted Alec.
Jaffar once again, ran to conclusions, "If you want to talk trash now, you should to it Pokemon vs. Pokemon!!"
"Ooh, so you think you are tougher than me now, don't ya? Let me tell ya something, I've been strongest trainer in Frost River Town for the past 5 years, and that ain't gonna end with the likes of you!"
"We'll see about that." whispered Jaffar, with a smirk.

Jaffar releases his Tyranitar, only to be towered over, by a Gyarados.
"Tyranitar, strike with earthquake, that old fish has nowhere to go!"
Alec gave odd hand gestures to Gyarados, who ended up torching the ice below them and diving underwater.
Jaffar was in for it now. Tyranitar used earthquake the same time Gayrados came above water riding on a small surf wave. The seismic waves of the earthquake just lifted the small surf wave, into an immense tidal wave. Tyranitar was taken out with one blow. Alec called back Gyarados soon after the water cleared away.

"I told you that you, and no one else, is going to become the best here, cause that can only be me. In fact, I'll take over control of the Yew Town Expedition. You take your little Eskimo friends and ride on to Quake Cave Town, maybe your Tyranitar can stir up more trouble there."

Jaffar gasped for breath and started to head out of town with half of the village, and Justina by his side. Jaffar's gonna have something that Alec will never have, or maybe someone?

I'm afraid Chapter 5 is the last one out for now, but I promise, there will be more :)

Chapter 6 is finally here for all of you who have decided to keep reading this.

Quote:

Chapter 6: Fly wars

Jaffar led the group of citizens through Route 304. Many of them were too cold or old to even walk. They had to get to a resting spot soon.
"Everyone stop!" commanded Jaffar. "We must rest for the night or we will never make it to Quake Cave town in time. If only they could make it there before the guards caught up to them, the villages together would be able to protect themselves against the royal guard. And so, they all slept.

It was dusk in the night when their was a feint yelling and cheering. Jaffar awoke along with Justina. Pidgeot was released from the PokéBall held in Jaffar's hand. Pidgeot flew above the trees to see the approachers. It was a group of guards getting drunk in the night!! Pidgeot had to get back as soon as possible.

Pidgeot had been flying for two minutes when it caught it's tail feathers on a tree. It squawked in pain, but knew it should have kept it's beak shut. A Flygon started flying in it's direction. Pidgeot hid behind the tree, quiet as it could be. "Hooooot..." hooted the Hoothoot nearby. Flygon slammed into the tree the tiny owl was in shutting the Hoothoot up.
Now was it's chance!! Flygon flew out of the tree as fast as it could towards it's allies camp. Flygon acted upon natural reaction and let out a Dragonbreath attack towards Pidgeot, who spiraled to avoid getting hit.

Pidgeot let out a warning cry for the villagers, but Flygon gained on it. Flygon grabbed onto Pidgeot's wing and swung it to the side. Flygon rushed towards Pidgeot with Dragon Claw but was swept aside by Pidgeot's fast aerial ace. Flygon was getting mad and blew fire all across the forest, trying to destroy Pidgeot. Pidgeot flew up high and the slammed into Flygon. The angry sand dragon had had it, Flygon blew a coat of Dragonbreath at Pidgeot, who used safeguard to protect it as it was forced down into the burning plains.

Flygon neared Pidgeot, who was lying painfully on the lifeless plains. Flygon's left claw glowed with intensity as it got closer and closer to Pidgeot. Then...there was a cry of pain and agony.
A figure fell on the ground, motionless, and defeated...

Last edited by Chronicler on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: Sitting in my humble home adding color into the pages of my life.
I like it, but it's hard to tell who is talking. Hope there is more :)

Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm working on a new chapter and I will remember your tip when writing it ;)

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sorry bout the double post but chapter 6 has been edited into the first post. :D

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Chapters 7 and 8 have been edited to the first post. They are much better than my last ones and I spent much more time on them. Please give constructive criticism or comments.
I hope you all like them ^_^

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There are a lot of mistakes with Verb tense. It doesn't match up throughout the story. That's what I've found when I skimmed through it.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]