It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Kirlia's Art 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was just messing around on paint the other day, and I made a pixelated Dasher. Note: If you don't know who I'm talking about, this is a character from my story Forest of Secrets. Anyways, I thought he looked pretty good, so I went on and made a Sparkle. I think I'll do Psycho next and go from there. BTW, they took awhile to make, because I was staring at the screen of my DSi looking at the pokedex to get every pixel right. I hope they look good;

Dasher (Improved)

Sparkle

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:19 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

These are amazing!! I cant draw pixel for my life but you are fantastic!

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey, thanks! I never thought of them as awesome, but they were neat to do. If you'd look at some like Mektar's spriting, you'd see what I mean. I haven't yet gotten the chance to make a Psycho, because it takes hours to go pixel by pixel and complete it. Still, I do like the finished work.

My better medium is good old fashioned paper and pencil. Here's a few drawings I've done. I make Pokemon dolls every so often, and my collection has really grown. These are some of my favorites;

Sparkle, Dasher, and Psycho. Sparkle looks worse because I did her a while ago. Dasher and Psy had to be recently redone due to problems with arms and swords peeling off.

Various Meloetta I have done. I liked tweaking and combining designs for the right two

The Five and their trainer Joy. They were some of the very first I ever drew, so they're not in the best shape. Still, I can't bear to replace them. I drew Joy-joy after them, and before I knew how to do human eyes. That's some of what I got.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

these look superduper i encorage you to keep drawing and posting them here. i would love to see more!

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You mentioned you were looking at your DS for every single pixel
Make sure you do it in a well lighted room or you'll kill your eyes :geek:

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Edited due to the original post being made by my brother...

Don't worry, Sangui. I do it with my light on, so my eyes have no danger of being burned out or anything. :lol: I hope.

Now, taking photos of my work, like many things at the moment, is harder to swing in due to skyrocketing amounts of homework. However, I do have a few more pictures of my work;

It's Full Moon. Doesn't he look scarey? :D No, I'm just kidding. But the hand, it is ominous the way it reaches out...

I'm not sure why I drew Keldeo in the first place. Eh. I think they need to be touched up some.

This is a collective of some of my bettter drawings, the ones I feel I did rather good on. Kudos to anyone who can guess the identity of the Pokemon on the far right.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've done a little bit more art since the last time. Well, more accurately I've taken photos of more. I partially wish I had a scanner, because they might look nicer if I used one.

Image Image
I drew these when they announced Mega Evos for the first time. Since I had been hoping and guessing they would do a Mega Gardevoir (What with her typage-revamp), I thought I'd speculate as to what a Mega Gallade would look like also. Game Freak never made one anyways as you know, and I wonder if mine isn't just a bit too... overdone. The mask might be nice though. As to the Mega Gardevoir, it is also personal speculation prior to the actual release. I think that Game Freak's looks better, but what the Heatran, I'm posting it anyways.

This is some artwork I'm inserting into my story. I got... bored, like I do every so often, and made something very random with a nice end result. Not bad, I would guess.

EDIT:
Just some side characters from my story that I'd thought to add in. In case you did happen to notice, Lopy (the Lopunny) really isn't on cardboard yet.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:29 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

These aren't bad -- I'm a fan of the mega gardevoir in particular -- but it would be easier for everyone to enjoy your work if the images were actually reasonably sized, and didn't stretch the screen out. Shrinking an image is not nearly as hard as drawing it in the first place.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks for the advice, Mektar. I'm going to start that process right now. Just remembered, that my paint program has a real handy resizing program.

EDIT: I... am very inadequate with a computer. The pictures sort of got accidentally deleted... after being saved as too small... have to take new ones now. Eep, sorry...
EDIT2: Phew. That disaster's over with. Hopefully, it's much easier for everyone to view my art with it shrunken. Again, thanks for bringing that to my attention Mektar.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:13 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This is really good art and drawings keep doing this!

Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:41 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry for responding late; Blame it on holiday break distractions, like an Elf on the Shelf, interesting trees, a failed gingerbread house, and a crazy cat who has little to do with wintertime festivities. Now then...

I'm glad you like them, Scorpio. It takes a while to do some of these. Nowadays, I'm getting interested in trying to mix species and create new ones. Looking at some Eeveelutions online, I decided to come up with some of my own. Here's the ones I made today and yesterday;

Image Image
Meet Mecheon (Steel-type), and Flyteon (Flying-type). The wings on Flyteon were based off of Dragonair's ears. Mecheon's lazer-eye might just fry something if we're not careful.

Image Image
These two would be Typicaleon (Normal-type), and Noxeon (Poison-type). Typicaleon is based off of Leafeon's design, and is pretty much what an Eevee would be if it evolved into Eevee. For Noxeon, there's probably a better color scheme out there I could have used, and his bubbles were inspired by Frogadier.

This is the final one I drew; Wispeon, the Ghost-type. It is my absolute favorite out of the one's I've drawn. More likely than not, it's the holey cloth that does it justice.

So I hope you like. Happy Holidays (assuming you celebate them)!

Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The first post makes me want to start pixelling again. Good job on... well, everything, honestly.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(Sorry for responding late)
Now I feel rather pleased, that I have inspired someone to start pixeling again. <3
On another note, pixeling is actually fairly new to me, as is all computer art. I've been trying to enlarge Sparkle some as I did Dasher, as well as touch up on her. Unfortunately, it's been messing up and blurring when I make it bigger. Part of it may be due to the fact that I'm not using my old desktop clunker, but an annoying mini laptop. Oh well.

I took a look at your pixeling profile, and came to the conclusion that you're a better pixel-er than me. At the least, you're more practiced. Perhaps I should get more into pixeling. Or perhaps stick to good old paper.

Agreeably, I'm fairly good now with my drawings. But previously;

(Less-terrible)

Image Image
(More-terrible)

And naturally, the worst are long ago lost to the magnificent art grave named, trash can. On a lighter note, if there's any specific Pokemon anyone wants me to draw, I'll draw it. I'm also willing to try to draw a splice, if you can either describe it or paste a pixel-version on your comment. Remember to credit whoever you got it from for the original design idea (even if it's yourself, because I don't want to get sued or yelled at for stealing a design). Yep, paranoia.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

May you draw me a Swanna? It would greatly please me :-).

Also I am vary happy to see even some of your old art and don't worry about mistakes we all make the here and there.

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I guess you're right about not worrying over mistakes. I just tend to obsess over those. :)

And heeeeeere is your Swanna! I hope it's like you wanted. Or better. Better's quite nice. But so is as wanted exactly, that's nice too. It's all nice. Heh.
If it needs to be edited any, just give the word.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

vary nice! :D now to chose where to put this....

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:

VladimirMacHolzraum:

Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok now, I'm getting bored again. So, since the old artwork wasn't overly horrible, I decided to add in some more old art work. This bit is a comic I made. If you guys like, I also have a few more I could add in.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
C & C?

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Since... nothing has really happened here, and I've gotten no responses for at least a week, I thought I'd give you something refreshingly non-Pokemon that is taking up my life right now (besides final exams). I give you one of the main characters from the actual novel I'm writing!

Makes you want to know more, right?

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Alright, I don't know if I'm allowed to triple-post on here, but I'm doing it! I finally got around to making some drawn splices. I hope you like them!
BTW, these are Belligant, Rapistrika, and Vifable.

Image Image

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Comic: The art style is a bit less clean than everything else here. I don't get what feels like the punchline.

@Novelthingyouarewriting: Looks great. Would look a lot better by editing it in GIMP or Photoshop, eliminating marker marks and sharpen the outline a bit.

@Splices: Very clean line art. They all look very nice.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Like I said, the comic was one of my old things. :mrgreen: It's not quite as neat. I suppose it's not as funny to others for the simple fact that it's more of a personal joke between me and my brother. Heh. Sorry if it's confusing, it's hard to explain. I did say that I have a few more, but I have the idea that they would be just as un-funny. Well, you can't win all the time.

Hmm... I never really thought about trying to use a program to make that look better. It's been mentioned that I (tend to) drastically mess up where electronics are concerned. Still, I'd like to clean it up. But the last times I tried to install GIMP, my computer at that time broke a day or so later. :? Besides, I couldn't figure out any of it anyways. I'll see if I can find a good Photoshop thing, and if I do, I'll post a cleaner version. If...

At least the splices turned out decently. Vifable is my favorite, and the only one I really planned beforehand. I was originally going to do a Gloom/Lilligant mix for Belligant, but Bellossom worked out much more nicely.

EDIT: I might explain the punchline of the comic after all. There's this one game called SpaceStation13 that my brother plays a lot. Anyways, it's a multiplayer server-thing, and so you occasionally get trolls killing people for no reason. A meme or something was created when a clown hid in a plant and killed people who passed by with a power the admins gave them, to Michael Jackson music. The smooth criminal line was a quote of Michael Jackson, and the clown started singing it everytime he killed someone. So, I created this comic to show my brother, and the "smooth criminal" line is a joke about Dasher trolling Psycho (a 1-hit-KO, and from hiding in a bush). Yikes, I did say it was hard to explain. Anyway, maybe I should try to clean up the comic too...

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
At least the splices turned out decently.

Quote:
At least the splices

Quote:
At least

Don't sell yourself short. Both the splices and the novel silhouette are great. You've improved a ton since drawing spiral lines for bushes and trees.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

lol, your works tended to be cute already but Vifable takes the cake. I wanna hug the thing.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Different55 wrote:
Don't sell yourself short. Both the splices and the novel silhouette are great. You've improved a ton since drawing spiral lines for bushes and trees.

Being a bit of an overachiever at times makes me view my own work a little negatively. Underconfidence issues and such. I never really thought about it that way before; I suppose it is a good deal better than squiggly trees. When I made that comic, I was slightly unfocused by the sheer amount of time it took me to draw and re-draw Psycho. Gardevoir were easier, since I had more practice at them, but I just couldn't get a Gallade's dimensions right. So I got pretty lazy when it came to the trees. Now, it takes a lot less time to draw since I've worked at getting better (and faster). The same thing seems to happen with writing skills too.

Mektar wrote:
lol, your works tended to be cute already but Vifable takes the cake. I wanna hug the thing.

I will admit, Vifable is one of the cutest Pokemon I have drawn (minus the obvious Ralts evo line)! And you know, I got the idea just because the pointy ears seemed to match up well. The wings were nicely replaced too, I think. <3

Since I had a few new drawings done right now, but I just now decided to remove them from here. I feel like I should probably stay on the topic of Pokemon...

So, well, here's Dasher! As a Mega Gardevoir! Along with Sparkle and Psycho, he is going to be a part of a triple-battle team that should work out fantastic. Sparkle's a supporter, Psycho's a Physical Sweeper, and Dasher is a Special Sweeper. So, here he is;

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]