It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 LoZ: The Four Shards who Gathered [PG-13] 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer´s Corner: Yeah, at long last, I´m working on another Fanfiction, and even if I broke the rule that states about having more chapters done in advance, I just wanted to show off this little prologue to you, just in case.

Meaning behind the Title.

Quote:
<center>The Legend of Zelda: The Four Shards who Gathered.

Some say that it is an essence in all beings.

Others, believe they are dealing with an energy from the stars.

A few assure that this is nothing but the true blessing of the Goddesses.

And there are ones who just don’t believe in it.

The truth is that this… thing is not any of them… or may be it is? I’ll let it up to you…

- - -</center>

The Gather, or “Guh-theer”, as you pronounce it, is actually a trait that few individuals have, it is said to bring happiness and unusual skills to the holder of it’s mark.

What is important to point out about this, is that It is actually a reunion of three different pieces it is made up with; all of them lie motionlessly suspended in space surrounded by a golden halo with the shape of a dodecahedral transparent shield.

If the pieces that form the Gather become separated, the are rendered useless, and thus, their traits cannot be used to their max:

- The Rhomboid, being itself the biggest mark, is the embodiment of the boundless power and bestows the availability to create new things when used to It’s maximum, and shares the undeniable characteristic of being unthinkably devastating if misused, just like the other two.

- The Circle, being the shape of the soul in two dimensions, is the mark which countless edges match inside the rhomboid. The meaning of this mark is shrouded in mystery, but as far as it is known to me, It promotes the holder the power to bestow life upon something that is made from the red earth be it corpse or unanimated object.

- Last is the Triangle, which is placed smartly in the very centre of the equation by pointing downwards. The smallest in frame and the final touch for the Gather to exist, thanks to it’s trait of bestowing infinite wisdom in the holder, it has been quite sought after recently.

For ages, the three marks has been looked for restlessly throughout vast oceans, dense forests, harsh deserts or sky-high mountains… but never have any living on any plane find such thing, not even trace of it’s mere existence. That’s how it’s believed not to exist.

Think whatever you want, but I do believe in It. If you will keep the secret… It is made of quintessence, so it is outside the material world.

This means that it either doesn’t exist, or it does but it lies inside the chosen individual’s sub-consciousness, which, if you ask me, is a really tough search.

While reading this story, you may find that the Gather is not always the main theme, because not everyone can understand such thing, now that the story is beginning, you will proceed with a wider knowledge regarding this “Gather” and will have less (or more) doubts.

For more information, read "Quintessence".

- - -

Core Prologue.

Quote:
<center>Book I: Reunion.</center>

In that world, some ten million years ago, that creature lived alone…

A four-legged giant monster with beautiful, heavy armoured draconic body covered with colour-shaded long fur, big fanged mouth and one powerful brain, lived all alone in a sole ruined huge temple with no trace of life surrounding it.

One day, he caught the scent of a creature from beyond with it’s developed nose.

As he turned, he spotted a dark, distanced figure on the entrance of his dry, sun-bathed turf, the monster sneered “How many years has it been since I’ve seen a human…?”

Then he fixed his gaze on this stranger, it was a young man, he wore a long white feather on his nape that waved as the wind blew, as well as his long hair. This young man was also wearing one dark robe, covering his main outfit, consisting in a light tunic, rough-cloth pants for travelling and heavy leather boots, he also had some light, tight leather armour on his arms and was carrying a heavy-looking sac on his right shoulder.

The man humbly walked some few steps and sat on the first rugged rock he found, the beast walked towards the stranger, showing his intimidating appearance and big claws to him.

“Is this your land? Please, let me rest here for a little while” The young stranger spoke in submission without making eye contact with the monster in front of him.

“It’s been a long time since I have seen a human. Why did you come here?” The monster asked the stranger as they got eye contact.

Then, the beast said “No… I know even without you telling me” while looking into the guy’s dark eyes.

“You came to snatch away my armour… in order to get your ‘Wishes’ granted?”.

“So you believe that stupid legend” the monster sneered.

Then, the guy replied innocently “Oh, I am just a traveller… and… what Legend?”.

“Hmph. Don’t lie!” the beast growled.

The man replied nervously “I’m not lying” looking into the monster’s colour-shaded eyes.

“Tell me, please” the man asked.

“The legend was created by the humans themselves” the monster started.

“…The Humans?” the man asked in surprise before turning his head around in curiosity.

The beast growled “It says that if you obtain my armour… you would gain a great and terrible power”.

Then he continued “What seemed like mountains of humans came here” gazing at the hollow plains beyond the frames of his turf.

“Sword-wielding, boastful adventurers… ambitious soldiers…”

“Men and women… and some just looking for friendship”.

Then he returned his gaze to eye the stranger and whispered “None of them are left”.

“I devoured every last one of them!” he growled loud again.

“Their bodies filled with their desires… I devoured them one after another as they stabbed me with their swords”

The man went even more nervous and said “Brr, what a scary story” as he held his chin with his hand.

He whispered “It gives me the shivers”.

The beast laughed out loud and smiled “Now, go ahead! Tell me your wishes and I´ll grant them!”

The young man recovered his cool and stated “I have no wishes”.

The beast then got eye contact and roared “NONE?!”

He continued in a same manner “Then why do you hide that thick armour under your mantle!? I can see it… You are a warrior”.

“If you have no wishes… then why did you come here?” he growled again.

The guy still had his cool with him when he explained “Actually, I had heard that there was a frightening man-eating monster here”.

The beast then inquired “And you came to slay me?”

“No, that’s a lie” The guy answered.

“I heard there was a monster here that called himself a man-eater, and I wondered how much time he had spent here all alone..?” he repeated himself.

Then he continued “In truth, I was drawn to this land by a strange force… To a strange world that was not moving, but not dead either… but had not necessarily stopped…”

Then the monster smiled “Oh? How do you know all that? You’re quite knowledgeable”.

Then the guy responded “Not able to vanish in this world, but not able to live, either”.

“Have you been in this frozen world ever since you were left here by the cosmos? To remain?”.

“A thousand years? Ten thousand years? FOREVER?... how harsh…” the guy sighed.

The comments struck the beast’s heart and cried “So, is that how you see me?!”.

“I am a fierce, evil man-eater!” he cried out as he bowed in sadness.

The young stranger then rubbed gently the beast’s snout and said “There’s no one left to eat”.

Then the beast reluctantly regained his posture away from the guy’s rub and turned away with an eye on him.

“Then traveller, why have I not left this place?” the beast asked.

Then he turned to face the young man and told him “Bound by the land, bound by time… for thousands of years…”

The man replied “Weird, I’ve never thought of it before… I wonder why?”.

Then the beast cried “I’m tired of being alone! I want to rest soon!”.

The man asked the suffering beast “Really? You do?”

Suddenly, the monster’s eyes became blank and began squirming his massive body from inner pain.

The beast lost balance and fell on his knees and cried “The desires of all the people I’ve eaten up until now… are forming a whirlpool inside me!”

Then, after the lapsus being snapped off, he cried “My first ‘Wish’ has been formed!”

“My time… Make my time MOVE!” he roared.

Then, the man stood up and untied his sac, and after leaving the cloth slide away from the loan, it turned to be one big wooden, well decorated drum and gracefully put it on the ground again.

“This is your only given stage!” The guy shouted with his arms wide open as a dramatic wind started blowing around them.

“The rhythm… DANCE!” the man finished up before starting playing the drum into a musical, spiritful frenzy of taps and bongs.

Then the hairy, armoured monster began moving his limbs and body to the rhythm as the air began shaking and times was being born.

And there, for three days and three nights , the monster danced and kept dancing.

On the morning of the fourth day, at the same moment his breathing ceased and his immense size crashed into the floor in heavy weariness, the world crumbled.

And in the end, all that remained after these days of agony was but his armour.

Then the young man was produced from the shadow emptiness and walked the hollow room towards the rugged, spiky big armour the monster left behind.

“Finally, you had your time move for yourself” He whispered at the lumped piece of steel on the ground as he plucked the feather from his nape.

He shook the feather wildly and it magically turned into a feather-looking beautiful dagger, which he used to sweep the armour with one blow and tear a particular piece apart from it and began carving it dexterously. After some time, the result was a heart-shaped, colourful mask with two spooky piercing yellow eyes with green pupils.

“Your power has been firmly sealed into this mask… Your power will no longer be a menace” The guy whispered to the frightening creation of his in his hands.

“I hope you will sleep for ever…” The young man said before throwing the mask to the hollow penumbra and kept his eye on the falling mask until it got lost in the eternal darkness.

That’s how the Legend has it about the origins of Majora’s Mask. An artefact that, in ancient times, was worshiped by an ancient tribe who used it in rituals involving the casting of hexes and curses until, according to this legend, the troubles caused by the Mask were so great that the ancient ones, fearing catastrophe, sealed It in shadow forever, preventing its misuse.

<center>…Belief or disbelief rests with you…</center>

In current times, four years after the moon’s catastrophe, Clock Town has been doing just fine enough, and now that the Eve of the Carnival of Time has passed by, the Town is cooling the rhythm again, being the mentioned festival a mask-wielding party that lasts for three frenzy days and nights just once a year.

Clock Town is one nice, energetic village, named after their landmark -- Clock Tower, a monumental symbol of the very importance of Time and Space and their majestic balance and continuum, and also the main ground for the Carnival of Time.

The town lies in the centre province in the Termina Region, and albeit the city is one, it is actually part in four different hemispheres, each corresponding to a cardinal point, causing the town’s shape look like a north-orientated, well-lined cross.

Each of the cardinal sectors of the town has it’s distinctive big gate lying on their edges, each of which are positioned to face – from a safe distance – the other four different and distinct provinces:

• Lying on the upper cardinal position, there’s Snowhead, province of the Northern Mountain Range and home of the Goron race.

• Woodfall rests on the contrary point, and grounds the province of the Southern Swamp -- home of the Deku race.

• Far on the left cardinal point, Great Bay is, it is the tiny seashore town and province of the Western Ocean; home of the Zora race.

• Finally, Ikana comes in the opposite cardinal point; it is the province of the Eastern Canyon, where the regretful, restless spirits and dead still linger in this land; those who do not fear the dead kept on their residences in this dry, lonely place.

But it is currently late in the dark night, and since there’s little to no active people in the Town after the Clock Tower hits 12 O’ Clock at night, everyone’s daily activities and schedules will take the first step forward again tomorrow… more accurately, when the Clock Tower’s bellworks hit 6 O’ Clock in the morning… the dawn of a special individual’s day will come in at sunrise.

- - -

Help.

Quote:
<center>Important Links</center>

Use these links to learn about anything you need to know before continuing this story.

Links about the:

Deku

Gorons

Zoras

Humans and subraces

Rito

Stalkids

List of general enemies from A-Z

- - -

Profile Archive.

Bud's Profile wrote:
Name: [Cannot be revealed, this is left blank]
Profession: No Profession by now, just a traveller.
Species: Deku; Mixture between Mad Scrub Deku (father) and Royal Deku (mother?)
Nick: Bud.

Appearance:

Weight: 5 lbs
Size: 3'05" feet
Body type: Slender/Slim/Woody
Hair and eye colours: Leafy and dirty-blondish green (hair) / Glowing crimson (eyes)
Other physical features: Three-clawed hands, Two-clawed feet, he can spit Deku Nuts and can lay roots to ingest minerals as a source of food.
Clothing style: He wears a poncho of leaves which colours goes from green to orangish red, he also has some tattered grey pants, he wears a thick wooden plate armour on his chest and some two-edged leather boots to fit his feet.
Speech style: He has an improvised british accent.

Personality:

General demeanour: Headstrong, curious and brave.
How he sees himself: Just an average Deku boy with a love for travelling.
Best qualities: Self conscious and caring for others.
Worst qualities: When he tries, he can be VERY annoying.

Background:

Parents: Apparently, he has just his father, with whom he parted ways at the beginning of the journey.
Siblings: Apparently, his father and his sister whom he calls "Ette".
Hometown: Apparently, Clock Town, he was actually born in Meadow Town.
Plans for the future: To travel around the world, meeting people, learning stuff, gaining experience.

Yllus' Profile wrote:
Name: Yllustra Megami, the Fairy
Profession: Secret bearer of "The Mark of the Gather"
Species: Lesser Fairy.
Nick: Onee-san.

Appearance:

Weight: 0.3 lbs
Size: 0'7" feet
Body type: Slender/Slim
Hair and eye colours: Silver streaks of hair and pitch black eyes.
Other physical features: She has two wings, massive in relation to her body and small in relation to your face. Her shine is normally silver, but she glows in gold when happy. Her skin colour is pale white.
Clothing style: She wears a simple dark grey one-piece dress, which is sort of torn on the short sleeves.
Speech style: Elegant yet firm voiced accent.

Personality:

General demeanour: Mostly kind, but very quick tempered, bipolar.
How she sees herself: The led-back lesser fairy who was 'cursed' by her own mother, but she doesn't mind.
Best qualities: When hyper, she infects her happiness with others as second nature.
Worst qualities: She can be very stern and crude when angry.

Background:

Parents: Her mother is the Great Fairy of Kindness.
Siblings: She has millions of brothers and sisters whom she ever talks to, she also had her own child.
Hometown: "The picturesque, vibrant land of Ikana!"
Plans for the future: Become accepted by her siblings again, but she rarely ever tries, because she´s normally being pursued by those who she loves.

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Last edited by AABM on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:39 am, edited 9 times in total.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
omg AABM. OMG. This is going to be great. I liked the battle of wits in the beginning, too.

This story is such perfect timing, seeing as I beat Majora's Mask one hundred percent a week ago! Took me forever to get all the heart pieces...

I can't wait. I really can't. This has to be one of your best ones yet.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is that so E-Trainer?, I gotta say I also wuved that game, I haven´t beaten it yet, I want to get all the masks before doing it.

I am really glad that even on the very beginning on this fanfic, whereas I explained little to nothing about the main thing, you believe this work is going to get great. On my side, I think "That depends".

Oh, and the battle of wits introduction comes from the original Side-story Manga, I just put some descriptions to everything I could.

And if you really wanted a fan fiction about Link and his whatnot adventures, I might disapoint you, for this fanfic has little to do with him.

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ya ya! I remember this from the manga! Here's a link to it if you want to read it. However, it does have quite a few differences from the game.

http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/majora/

The Zelda manga is copyrighted by Akira Himegawa. Translations are by Goddess Rina.

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yup, I have read the manga and played the game, I first thought that the game was quite simple, but when I read the manga, I ended up terribly interested in the game, and currently I´m looking for all the masks in Majora´s Mask

I have also read the Ocarina of Time Manga, both part I and II, and also enjoyed the game as well.

As for my Fanfic, I´m working on it right now, I hope to finish it and post it tonight, I think that´ll be harder than it sounds.

"Team Seekers"

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
If you need any help getting all of the masks, feel free to PM me.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer´s Corner: Man, I did finish this chapter on time :o. Anyway, I know it looks long, but it just took 5 pages in my Word file.

Quote:
<center>Chapter #0: Special Delivery -- Part I</center>

Pretty early in the morning, the monumental, colourful Clock Tower reached the first hour of the dawn time and the giant bellworks tolled 6 O’ Clock in the morning, announcing the beginning of yet another day for most people in town.

The tower was positioned on the very centre, little polluted street of the South Clock Town, but the sound of the bells was loud enough to outright reach every corner of the Termina Region.

At this rate, as the sun was slowly slipping it’s way out of the horizon, an important social worker is beginning his schedule. When the lights were up again in the Post Office, the 29 year-old postman’s delivery schedule had begun.

He wore his fresh, comfy uniform, consisting in a plain white long-sleeved shirt; some light cloth pants of a similar colour and dark cream coloured running shoes, as well as his reddish cap-hat and back pack of similar colour with many important letters in it from the night before.

Even if he looked like a feeble young man, he was very headstrong and utterly dedicated to his schedule, which he considered as the grounds of his life -- everything he did was ACTUALLY in his schedule!

And so, he walked out the wooden door of his little creamish yellow-facaded residence-office in a clean sector of the West Clock Town and locked it down until the very time he was back -- 3 O’ Clock in the afternoon.

He began his ranting march all around what was West Clock Town, his job was basically the exhausting activity of checking over 100 bamboo mailboxes all over the town, each of which sported an orange, big solid paper-carton ‘hat’ according to the official idea of structuring of these everyday mail tools in the book “Mailman Manual”, but that’s not important.

Again with the postman, it was practically 8 O’ Clock when he finished his daily activity on the shop-infested streets of the West and after walking down the stairs, he walked past the bounds of the West Clock Town to begin head-on the South -- where the least number of people lived and thus the least quantity of mailboxes were on the eye, so he proceeded through the clear, cobblestone main way around the Clock Tower with no major problem.

His watch hit 9:30 am on his left hand, and he got past the South Clock Town walking up the stairs straight into the East Clock Town, where most people lived. He walked along the main long streetway full of all kinds of residences, buildings and people until crossed the street; and after a horse-powered wagon moved away, he could spot the ‘Stock Pot Inn’, the one and the only rest Inn in the entire town, on the neighbour street.

He recognised the Stock Pot Inn, not only thanks to the big sign with said name on top of the 2-story brownish sand-coloured façade of it and it’s comfy position as the corner building in front of the well-known Milk Bar on the front street, but also because even in one street away from the building, the postman could meet the delicious smell of a ready breakfast set on table, which encouraged him to pay a visit to Anju, the kind innkeeper, with a very important letter to her.

Albeit the guy was not in a hurry, he looked like in one, for hunger didn’t misled him from his mission of collecting and assigning corresponding letters in the mailboxes all over the street, so this responsible social worker wouldn’t have to disrupt his schedule.

After dealing with the rest of the bamboo, orange-hatted boxes, he finally made it to the building he was meant to rant into. When he opened the wooden front door calmly, he greeted with a warm, glad “Good Morning, Miss Anju!”

But to his surprise, he met but loneliness all over the dark green-painted reception room, the ambience-coloured counter on his left was silent, like the rest of the entire building, since no body was on the brownish leather sofa on the right and the coat rack at his side was but clean, he frowned in confusion and shifted his head around if he could spot any sign of life around and he heard some light metal clangs from left -- the side of the kitchen.

So he silently wore his red hat off and perched it in the rack, as well as his back pack in the same row, he opened the bag to look for a pinkish purple letter for Anju, so he could deliver it at once.

He walked through the wooden floored corridor as he housed the letter in his pocket, turned left and walked past the light brown walled set of chipped wooden doors with basic numbers on them, those were three of the least rented flats, they used to be lightly used storage rooms.

“He’s kind of late” he could hear from the other side of the corridor as the door slightly opened with a crooked sound.

As the wooden door slightly went open, it revealed Anju holding her wheel chaired mother, the innkeeper was around her late 40s but she didn’t lose her kindness and her quickness to apologise, she wore a dark scarlet, white-sleeved blouse and a deep blue silk skirt that met her lower legs, she was also wearing her all-life brown sandals and had her hair loosed up to her shoulderblades.

She looked very nice and responsible holding her mother, a really aged, white haired lady, in her wheel chair to the postman’s eyes, what produced a calm smile in his face.

“Oh, hey there!” Anju greeted a still postman before them at the other side of the corridor.

“G-Good morning Miss Anju!” the guy said while trotting the corridor and caught up with the ladies.

“Let’s have breakfast now, I’m hungry” the little old lady said.

“Yeah mom, there we go” Anju replied before the group walked through the narrow path towards the kitchen.

The kitchen room looked as lightly neglected as always, with clear coloured walls, imperfect swept floor and a nice looking breakfast - toasts, scrambled eggs, orange juice and such - set on the red-mantled table in the middle of the modest kitchen room.

They had a silent time while enjoying the breakfast, which feast lasted not more than half an hour or so.

“I say, you have improved your cook, Miss Anju” the guy said, tearing the silence in the room.

“Thank you boy, I’ve been taking a cook course in a restaurant on the West Clock Town” she smiled.

“Sounds nice” he answered.

“Oh, by the way…” he exclaimed while searching in his pocket for the letter to the Innkeeper.

“This one arrived to the agency last night” he said handing the violet letter to a satisfied Anju at his left side of the square table.

Then he added a smiling “It’s from Kafei”.

“You mean it?!” squealed an excited Anju, she quickly tore the cover away, revealing a yellow-coloured folded paper.

“Oh, my lens” she remembered as she wore her reading lens she had in her necklace and began reading the message carefully.

Anju’s mother claimed “Read it aloud, my girl”.

But a rushing postman got up from his seat and quickly trotted out of the kitchen.

Anju screamed “Won´t you wash your hands?” to a departing postman in the reception room.

“No, you don’t worry, I’m late” he replied as he was opening the front door.

“Anyways, thank you for the letter!” her fading words reached the rushed boy’s ears.

It’s just my job, as long as I do it, things will be fine” the guy thought as he continued his rushing trot up town through the last lot of houses in the East.

It was past midday already, and at this rate, this social worker got to check the last house’s mailbox in the East -- the Major’s big, white-coloured house.

As he checked an empty last mailbox in front of the front garden, he was about to cross the bridge and enter the North Clock Town but a woman’s voice stopped him short.

“Excuse me!” he heard from far behind him, and as he turned he spotted a tiny, yellow-dressed figure waving a hand.

The postman really disliked to have to walk back a duty-clear area, but he had to do an exception, this looked important.

The young man’s legs reached full speed towards Major Dotour’s house’s front yard again to find a hand-waving red-haired woman.

The red haired woman turned out to be Madame Aroma, Major Dotour’s wife, the chubby woman had a small brown delivery box in her hand and wore a nice yellowish orange dress and fine high-heel shoes.

“Excuse me dear, but I was about to have this package in the post box when I saw you running away, I’m sorry if I disrupted your schedule” the woman spoke in a really calm pace.

“Without any further means, I want you to deliver this box to a small family in the North Clock Town, so it won’t detour your way” the middle-aged woman said handing the box to a pissed postman.

“It’s okay Madame, but try applying your mail in the boxes in the morning” he fake-smiled at the woman as he put the small package in his pack and continued his trotting pace towards the North Clock town at the other side of the wooden bridge.

Expect next part whenever in this month, the real thing hasn´t started yet, and before you complain, NO, this fic is not about the Postman.

"Team Seekers"

Last edited by AABM on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was about to ask that. This is a really good story, keep it up!

Oh yeah, The 2nd chapter is up on my fanfic.

Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey Youkou, lol you was wondering if the fanfic was about the postman, good that I wrote that point down.

As I said, expect next part sometime here (like next week), for I have to seek for masks in Majora´s Mask and I CANNOT neglect my other story, that´d be biasing.

I´ll read your 2nd chapter as soon as I´m done with this post.

*Is done with this post*

"Team Seekers"

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer´s Corner: Good Gracious, am I updating something?! whoa, and I thought it would take me some more ages to do.

Quote:
<center>Chapter #0: Special Delivery -- Part II</center>

I don’t understand, is this address right?” thought a frowning, confused young postman as he walked through the out bounds of the North Clock Town.

According to the little map drew on the carton-surfaced little box, the young guy had to deliver it all the way up a grassy hill, the young man had to forcefully scamper a zigzagging, rocky way up through this rough path with his running shoes in order to deliver the box in time and not to disrupt his schedule; even if there was any house on the top of this jagged, natural terrain, it was relatively distanced from the civilisation.

When the man finally reached the very top of the hill, he found but a lonely, ravaged common land which extendular terrain had nothing but a wooden sign sticked to the ground at the side of a lonesome Deku Flower, which yellow petals meant this one was a vintage one.

The postman again checked at the box’s drew map incredulously, there would be little to no possible way a ‘wild’ Deku could need any mail, letters or such, and even less a BOX from MADAME AROMA!

With hesitation, a curious postman began a furtive, light walk to this big Deku Flower and the ‘Keep Out’ sign at its side, he silently laid the box at the side of it, he walked some steps in a similar way and stomped the ground hard with his hurting feet before running down the hill at full speed -- obviously, he didn’t want to mess with those wooden, mischievous little creatures.

Some seconds after the postman was already nowhere to be seen, a thin wooden, clawed arm extended out of the Deku Flower’s green core, loosely fell onto the box and scratched it back into the depths.

This was actually a young Deku’s doing, Deku are generally short and have leaves on their heads where humans would have hair. They often have red, glowing eyes, and their mouths are short, hollow tubes. Deku habitually shoot ‘Deku Nuts’ out of their mouths to attack enemies. Deku's bodies are comprised entirely of wood and leaves and they perish quickly if set alight.

At this rate, the young Deku boy fell from the roots of the Deku Flower up there, now in his underground burrow, the plant-like wooden boy was holding his box with his clawed hands, he wore a colour-shaded robe made of many little leaves that reached down his waist and some short, tattered grey pants.

“Father!” he shouted as he trotted with his two-clawed feet down through the dark tunnel.

“What was that about?” a voice echoed from the depth of the burrow.

The adolescent Deku reached the end of the underground path, which was dim-lighted with shallow candles, there were rocks around for furniture and leafy mats scattered around the soil-floor. The younger took one quick glance at his father, even if he looked old, short and armless, he was as stubborn and witty as always.

“I found this in the entrance” the boy said as he showed the box at his father.

“For the Great Fairy of Kindness! We received mail!?” the aged one exclaimed.

“Weird, isn’t it? Well, I’ll open it now” the teen smiled as he tore the light, carton box away with two swipes, revealing a folded yellow paper, a map and some little keys.

The young one took the yellow paper from the ground as he read it quickly, starting with the ‘House Eviction Order’ title.

“‘Due to the slim time I have to tell this, I, the Mayor Dotour, have sent you this paper in order to have your common land used for some good to the town, specifically we’ll use it to build a school. Thus we need not your residence in the North Clock Town’s un-used terrain and your family will be evacuated at the time of 2 O’ Clock.

You have no fear, for our moving agency has assigned your family a radiant, comfy burrow in the East Province of Ikana, there you have the key’s and a map to get there.

Signed: Dotour.’”.

The teen and the old Deku were but appalled at this piece of news they just received.

“WHAT?!” both of them exclaimed.

“Has Mayor Dotour gone crazy or what?!” the elder fumed.

“Why is he going to dispatch us like this after about fifteen years of residence in here?!” he continued.

“Dad, what should we do right now? I don’t want to go to Ikana” the young Deku asked his father with angst.

“Up we go, we got to tell Dotour something about this already” the old Deku sounded calm and cool.

The young Deku frowned at his father and asked “Are you sure complaining will do any good about this situation?”

“My son, our burrow is at risk, our ONLY land is at risk!” he tried to open his child’s eyes.

“Don’t you just care?” the elder asked a freaked younger Deku in front of him.

“I do care about my home, but I don’t like arguments this heavy” the wooden teen responded.

“Well, I need your help son” the elder finished.

The two wooden creatures were launched out of the vintage Deku Flower and with great speed, both of them scurried their way down the hill and into the streets of the North Clock Town.

They forcefully continued their trot pace through the populated streets by walking in the least occupied roads, the wooden younger, having arms, unfolded the map and both of the travelling creatures gazed at it to spot Mayor Dotour’s residence near the bounds of East Clock Town with North, so they we practically near there.

Both of them ranted through the remaining streets of North Clock Town as the time slipped away from them, it was about 1:30 pm when they cruised the wooden, big bridge that connected their home point with the goal point.

All the streets had a similar appearance for both of them, but thanks to the map they were given and the distinctive cream colour and nice rounded shape of the Mayor’s house, they didn’t get lost at all. Both of them walked straight to the cream residence of the Mayor’s and quickly walked in.

They ran through the carpeted, clean corridor, lightened with controlled torches and many mirrors on the walls. They got to the counter, which was the same calm-dark yellow colour of the walls to talk to the green-haired receptionist girl.

“We demand talk with Dotour!” the older Deku fumed at the whitish uniformed girl.

“Excuse me, Mr. Dotour is currently in a… meeting or something in his room right now, I think you guys have to come tomorrow morning at best”

“I think I should kill you at best!” the elder screamed as he pointed his mouth to shoot a Deku Nut straight at the receptionist girl’s face, but the younger one hit his father’s head with his hand and pushed him away.

He then spoke calmly to the terrified girl “Please, excuse my father’s misbehaviour; he wasn’t going to kill you anyway”.

“What we want is to discuss about this” he spat the last word as he showed the girl their yellow paper Eviction Order.

The girl read the paper in a matter of seconds and answered a sad “I’m sorry, there’s no way you guys could discuss this, for it’s just 2 O’ Clock already”.

“Besides, it is hard to make Mr. Dotour rule out an order like this, and even more if Madame Aroma was who actually ordered it” she ended.

“I see” the elder answered.

“Well, no worry for us, we’ll do fine in Ikana… I hope”

With that, the two of them walked out of the Mayor’s residence with defeated expressions in their faces and headed to the East Gate, they told the Guardian about the Order and he permitted them pass into the Termina Field – a vast, immense land where their trip starts.

“Son, there’s something I’d like to tell you” the elder smiled.

“It would really disappoint me if a youth like you would become spoiled in Ikana, for that reason, may you keep the map and head south, where Woodfall lies and the Deku race is settled, I’m certain you’ll do fine there”

“But dad, why don’t we hit the road towards there then?”

“It’s a long story, my boy”

“I wish you luck in your way” the younger smiled as he was waving good bye to his father while he slowly disappeared into the deserted bounds of the sandy canyon.

"Team Seekers"

Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer´s Corner: yeah, I´m triple posting, and I care not. This is the VERY VERY #1 Chapter of the saga at last :o *dances*.

Quote:
<center>Chapter #1: Passage-hunting.</center>

A gaze at the vast field of Termina was never to be finished, for the four regions of it called a different appearance for each of the proximities, being the East Terminian field a tomb of dust and sand cloaked in a suffocating canyon. Being the North a cold, snowy and tall hillside with dying vegetation. Being the West the freshest of them all with the salty wind of the ocean and the sandy beach across the entire terrain. Being the South the warmest, dampest turf of the swampy jungle full of life.

Never to be over would be one long adventure in this world, with so many regions and different people, it would be one definite good and interesting story to tell about.

It was already 3:48 pm in the plain wilds of the extended environment of the Termina Field, and by now, the young Deku had recovered already from the sadness of parting with his father.

Equipped only with one map of the region and his natural Deku abilities, the teenager was thinking about himself in a rather kind way.

I think it would not be one difficult trip for me, if there were to be any danger, I could spit out a Deku Nut to stun the enemy in a blinding flash and then escape

Just by heading south, I could encounter any hardship and whatnot in my way, but any danger would be torn with my spin attack, just with a few swipes of these claws could tear apart many foes in one-go

Come to think of it… what am I?” the boy asked himself.

If my father is a Mad Deku Scrub sub-race of my kind, then why have I this shape?” he wondered gazing at his three-clawed wooden hand.

Shouldn’t I be the same as my father, with no arms?

The fact that I have a bigger head, smaller mouth and arms suggest that I come from a Royal Deku Scrub sub-race, for those are the only ones of my kind with a shape that looks like this” he realised while entering the forest-like, dense-vegetated south outskirts of the Termina Field.

But how? Why have I Royal genes in myself? My hands, my mouth, my manners, my leafy robe… those are facts of Royal Deku

No mistaking it, I could really come from a Royal Family of the Deku race, but how?” thought a smiling and confused Deku teen.

It was now starting to get dark out here in the outskirts of the Southern Swamp, while the Deku boy kept his natural ranting around the place, he ran into an aged, dead tree trunk.

The tree had a somewhat old carving that depicted a happy little child with two little fairies at his sides -- one fairy was white, the other was black.

He then gazed around the surroundings, the dying lighting didn’t mean any obstacle for him, he looked at the tall grass around him, there were some buds of young Deku Flowers dotting the wild lawn and other small wild flowers, the clear sector seemed very pleasant and meant a quite good place to spend the night on.

The Deku boy walked some steps around the place and into the tall grass, where, suddenly he felt one powerful strike on the back, strong enough to topple him over as he released a cry of pain.

He then whirled quickly and saw a towering, hungry-looking Deku Baba about to lunge into him again.

The Deku boy’s sap current dashed inside him as he rolled out of reach for the carnivore plant which was attacking him.

“You vile plant, you gave me one fright out here!” he fumed at the plant in front of him, watching him carefully.

“Damn you, I hate surprises!!” he shouted in adrenaline as he spitted a Deku Nut straight towards the plant, causing a blinding flash that stunned the plant.

He then darted at the stunned furious plant and strongly swiped the main thick stem all across, outright tearing it in two.

With a mad face, the once polite Deku teen stared at the dead plant, he was feeling impure for having killed a creature, but he discovered some joyous fun in the pain of enemies.

As he walked to the blue, immobile head of the dead plant and picked it up.

“I shall claim this as a trophy for defeating my first enemy” he whispered as he took the remaining loose stem of the head and pierced the back of it with it to turn this trophy into an orthodox bag for his personal usage.

The Deku boy took away his mad face into a calmer one, wearing the Baba bag he just made and seeking for an opened Deku Flower to spend the night in.

No, your eyes are not tricking you, this chapter actually IS short, it took 2 and a half pages in my Word file, and get used to this lenth already, for chapters will be this long from now onwards... I hope...

"Team Seekers"

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, a question!

Is this gonna center around young Deku-san? Or will it center around Link-kun?

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What? what? what is this!? Did someone ACTUALLY posted here!? In mah story!?

:o:o:o

Whatever, Youkou, I guess I´m not going to talk about Link in a long time, so yes, the fiction is about the whatnot adventurez of the Deku boy whose name I cannot reveal.

Say, will you keep the random story of Ocarina of Time you were working on? Just curious.

By the by, next installment will be up later today, expect it.

"Team Seekers"

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer´s Corner: Okay, useless double-posting, but I happened to end the next chapter quite rapidly, so I´m bringing you guys this here and now. Enjoy

Quote:
<center>Chapter #2: Get the wolf out of here!</center>

It has been some time since the dawn spread sunlight over the Terminian ground, and our protagonist had already set off from the warm, cosy bud full of roots in the pinkish Deku Flower he spent the night in. Even if he is just 3'05" feet tall, has a simplified body with no shoulders and rather thin appendages and weights just some slim 5 lbs. he is still pretty brave.

As the mantled wooden teenager sneaked through the forest, the foliage was getting even more dense and dark; it didn’t even look like it was 8 O’ Clock in the morning under the broad, leafy canopies and tall grass, luckily, passing through undetected was his second nature, his leafy poncho really did work.

The boy crossed through the dewed leaves and vivid vegetation with no falter for almost an hour under the shady canopies above his leafy haired-head, but then, he slowed and took a time to smell the air, eventually; he got the wet scent of some body of water near there. He followed his keen smell sense quite accurately through the dark foliage as he got past a last patch of bushes, and, effectively, after moving the leaves away form sight, a shade of light was produced and he ran into the very main stream of the bog of which this zone was known for.

The vista was really something; the naturally murky marsh water looked pretty descent with the big leaves of waterweed and the peeking sunshine from the far east and, with the crowd of trees around the entire place, along with the colour-shaded canopies on the distance, the sight could hide the fact that the bog was merely breeding ground for whatever kind of life.

He sighed in a calmer breath now and thought “So, this is the Southern Swamp, wonder where can I find the Town in here” while having a walk along the grassy place.

The sight of the place was so enticing and overwhelming for the boy; he had never seen a place like this before, a place where he was supposed to grow, a place where buildings, smog and people were nowhere to be seen.

So he decided to take a more detailed look by soaring his gaze around the marsh water while roaming around the edge. The gnarled branches of some aged trees and the background of clear sky was actually something to behold in peace, but he wasn’t here to tourist about, he was here to find the Deku Town.

“I say, look at all those green waterweed leaves dotting the surface, they all look like big dishes” he observed.

In the middle of his gazing, he heard some voices from his left; he turned towards there, and found a distant handful of other Deku people.

“Cool! This place is not deserted after all!” He squealed in excitement from seeing other people like him, so he started a trot pace towards the group.

“They may also know the whereabouts of the Town”

He eventually got his two-clawed wooden feet near the muddy bank, as he got closer, he noticed the group turned out to be in a field trip from the Deku Town School, there were like seven or eight small balls of grass with leafy heads protruding from their top - these are the Deku equivalent to small kids - and with them, there was this adolescent Deku girl with an outfit similar to our protagonist’s, ‘cept her leafy robe was twice the fluffy and long, looking like a colour-shading dress and her leafy hair extended past her shoulders.

“E-e… exc-excuse me…?” faltered a nervous Deku boy to call the attention of a busy girl.

The girl was giving the little kids a friendly speech about the place, but she got it a silent for interruption and turned to the boy behind her. The boy’s vim current was accelerating inside him as he got the sight of this young lady’s… presence.

“… May I help you?” she asked the boy softly, who was some inches taller than her.

My word, I’ve never felt this accelerated since I went to the movies for the first time in my life!” he thought.

“Y-yes… umm… would you please… tell me… wh--” his faltering question was interrupted by a sudden multitude of screeches and shouts of fear from the toddlers.

Both of the grown up Deku rushed their surprised gazes to the group of scared buds, just to see that a wild Wolfos had a toddler in its mouth! The beastly creature swung its head wildly with the bud in its jaws, as if it was just playing with the kid in a devious manner while its fangs could potentially tear the kid to death.

“EEEK! Help mee!” the small kid screeched insanely for any hand as he was already feeling the crushing fangs of the monster tearing his face.

“Oh my, please somebody help!!” screamed a panicked Deku girl.

Overcoming the stress and changing his scared face into a calm one, the boy acted as fast as the lightning; he ran towards the monster through the group of children and seized the small bud away from the fangs of death with one swipe of his hands, and then, he gave a whirly jump and quickly delivered a strong kick with his sharp clawed right foot into the wolf-like creature’s neck, proving fatal.

As the wild creature lumped its massive lifeless body, there was a tormenting silence in the entire jungle in that very moment. Along with a multitude of confused-feeling people behind the young Deku saviour and a relieved yet wounded small child in the boy’s arms.

That wrapped things up for today´s installment, wonder what is gonna come up in this story...

"Team Seekers"

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Go go Deku-san! (ish meh nickname for him, since I know not his name)

Yes, I will continue my own wacky adventures, I am still working on the chapter :oops: . I'll probably speed it up once I get back in school, 'cause I see him (co-author) the most there... unless we have different homerooms... that would suck... but then again, we will both have choir...

Oh yeah! You should have Deku-san meet Deku Rinku (Link)!

Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once upon a time in the forest... okay no, actually: Somewhere in the prologue wrote:
In current times, four years after the moon’s catastrophe, Clock Town has been doing just fine enough, and now that the Eve of the Carnival of Time has passed by, the Town is cooling the rhythm again, being the mentioned festival a mask-wielding party that lasts for three frenzy days and nights just once a year.

The bold text refers to what happened in Majora´s Mask, when Link saved the land of Termina. So I think it will be impossible for the Deku-San to get to meet Link-Kun (in whatever form)... but something can be done, I think.

On a side note... Warning! Character Bios Approaching!!!

Right, go get some regularly-updating profiles for the main character(z) of this story in da first post.

"Team Seekers"

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*looks at post* :o I forgot, sorry :oops: Well... how 'bout he meets Stalkid-san? That could happen, couldn't it??

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Y´Kno´? There´s people here and there asking me to put Stalkid in, I´d rather do it someday, but wont him get a starring role in the fic.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, oh! Do it, do it! Even if he didn't get a starring role, it would be cool to see him! :D

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer´s Corner: ZOMGEE, THIS STORY IS ACTUALLY GOING ON!!??!1? Well, apparently it is.

Quote:
<center>Chapter #3: Swarm the moments.</center>

It was already getting dark in the hospital, the corridors and rooms were naturally dark yet lightened by some flashy mushes around the place. Wooden and life-saving the hospital-tree was to its very roots, and the short corridors with three rooms per floor meant stairs in every single corner.

This lonesome Deku-san sat on the rough stone seat with a window to his back, staring at the wounded sleeping bud he saved, clutched in the streaky sheets and connected to some natural life-sustaining machines like vim-giving plants and such in the middle of the darkened room, dim-lightened by some shining green shrooms sprouting out of the ground and walls.

“I decided to stay here and watch over the kid until his family arrives… just in case” The kid whispered to himself.

“There is still a road to hit for me in this town, since I have no home now and I can’t let anything go wrong in my way”

The kid now whirled and took a look at Meadow Town in bliss “It seems like my journey has just ended, but I somewhat feel like having more thrills of adventures

Ah… Meadow Town… Out the window he could behold the vast, southern grassy land where the Deku race had first laid roots, the place rounded by a circle of giant wooden stacks that barriered the townsfolk from any possible threat and where the Deku Flowers dotting the land are residences for its vibrant inhabitants and the big trees are the most natural facilities around, also the land where ONLY Deku people are allowed when other races are banned from entering.

“It… It was very h-heroic of you back there” faltered a waking little Deku kid in bed.

Deku-san turned back to the kid, whose glowing little red eyes was the only thing that could’ve been seen, and replied “Oh, you’re awoken”.

“Don’t you thank me about that; I’d actually rathered not to have killed that beast” Deku-san grunted.

The little bud frowned “But… it was an accident… wasn’t it?”

“Yes, it was” Deku-san smiled, feeling not to tell the kid the truth.

“And that claw you have in your hands… i-is that from th-the monster that attacked m-me?” the kid asked curiously at the sight of the already bled out big claw Deku-san had in his hands.

Deku-san looked quickly at the brown and grey bony claw and said “Oh, yes it is… heh, I tied a long vine to the base, and now I have a long grip rope” he ended showing his wacky contraption to the kid.

“Ick, that’s twisted, man!” the kid voiced with an upset stomach at this thing.

A sweatdrop appeared on Deku-san’s forehead while he said between teeth “Yes, but I’m the twisted guy who ended up saving you…”

<center>- - -</center>

The morning arrived slowly to Meadow Town once again, at the time of 6: 12am, Deku-san was now bidding farewell to the hospital he spent the night in. Burdened with a heavier Baba bag with a ‘Grip rope’ in it, he was now bound to be off and explore the entire townsfolk by himself, to discover the place he was actually meant to live in.

He started to wander about the walled edges of the town. “These towering, thick stacks are impenetrable, yet their kind of a backfire if a flying threat comes in” he thought while having a more detailed look at the walls, painted with stripes of green, red and white.

Time slipped away from the boy’s noticing while in his ranting through the flower-dotted forest. The more he looked at the people, the happier he felt, thinking of a hidden place where you can only find people like you is quite something. But suddenly, a loud, short chiming sound filled the air for a second; Deku-san turned quickly to the source of the sound behind him and found, just standing still on the high wall at the distance, a robed, shady figure with a tattered red hat and green thick gloves with two fairies at his sides -- a whitish one at his right and a dark purple one at his left.

“Meadow Town, listen to me!” the figure shouted with a young high voice, causing every wooden face to look at him.

“The Swarm is coming! Protect yourselves or DIE!” the mysterious kid and the two fairies shouted in unison as they pointed forward. The entire nervous townsfolk turned that way and spotted a growing black blob in the middle of the cerulean morning sky.

This dark hovering blob they saw was actually a distant swarm of hundreds of thousands of creatures known as ‘Dragonflies’, these were like monstrous flying insects of twice the size as a normal dragonfly and wielded a poisonous sting in their abdomen. One of these stings did not prove fatal on a Deku, but there were many of them and they meant killing.

The figure leapt down the wall and landed softly at the side of Deku-san followed by his two hovering sprites. Deku-san didn’t even turn to this weird kid, he just stiffened his claws and prepared for the fight as the rest of the people dove their way into the Deku Flowers, screaming all nervous.

In no time, the town was found with these two kids alone with the coming swarm, which buzzing noise became stronger every second.

“Who are you guys?” Deku-san asked all excited up.

The three of them just looked into the kid’s face and said no words as the swarm flew past the leaves, arriving to town.

The group of four spread into two smaller pairs each one of the kids with a fairy and started one synchronised battle strategy. The small winged balls of lights began shining and flew past the swarm, annihilating every fly in their tracks, while the kids employed quick swipes and close combat kicks, killing three per score, with sporadic rolls and jumps.

This non-stop siege ended some ten minutes after the first dragonfly arrived, and with Deku-san exhausted, the robed kid and his fairies disappeared in a flash of a Deku Nut.

Just a bit stung and completely tired out, the Deku boy learned about this mysterious kid, but wondering who they were while looking into the messed field with thousands of chopped and smashed bugs.

What I actually didn´t like in this installment was the ending, but this story is bound to get more interesting and weirder, I promise.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

:o :o You took meh nickname for Deku-san!!
:o :o :o It teh Stalkid!!! Wai Wai Wai!!!

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Calm down Youkou, stalkid-kun just had a cameo of about 5 lines or something, but yeah, I felt relieved when I decided to put him in that installment, it was kind of a pleasure to have him in.

Remember when I said this story was bound to get more weird? well, I wasn´t actually kidding, readers will find it by themselves when the rest of the chapters come, except for next one, which kind of conserves the scarce normallity this story has left.

By the by, are you ever gonna come up with your wacky story again, Youkou?

Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've got the chapter in the works! I'm trying to have Jess help me, but we don't have any classes together, so it's a bit harder... that and he keeps forgetting to do stuff with it... but I will never give up, nevah!! *Runs off to work on story more, but trips and falls flat on her face*

Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The thing is that my computer´s broken!! And it will be much tougher for me to come to write next installment. I´ll do my best to recover the lost time once I get the archives in my laptop, if posible.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Writer´s Corner: YATTA!! Another double-post of mine, yet this one has good news.

I happened to find my word archives and manage to get them in my Laptop, so I have here next installment completed at so long last!!!1!!11!!!1! :D *Does a backflip out of joy, but in the middle of the jump remembers he doesn´t know how to do a backflip and falls down and cracks his back*

Quote:
<center>Chapter #4: To spend some time with her.</center>

Yesterday’s events went over critical, but with that humongous swarm of killer insects swept off, Meadow Town’s calm air was recovered in a matter of twenty-four hours. Then again, the morning sun stroke the land gently at dawn, dying the land with a nice colour shade and the characteristic everyday dew was easily felt in.

Pretty early it is and Deku-san is already in activity. Due to the fortulent events of yesterday’s, his rant was interrupted, but now that he minds not to mess around with anybody, he’s now bound to explore the place in entirety.

His interests were focused on picking all the poisonous Dragonfly stingers that remained around the lawn and stock them up in a little brown hide pouch he made for this, when suddenly a group of people began getting closer and around the kid.

Apparently, people here in Meadow Town went much friendlier than the other day, probably because Deku-san helped save the town, the grateful townsfolk offered their ‘saviour’ many valuable presents but this kid’s humbleness prevented him from accepting any major gifts, not a bonus of twenty rupees or even a cow!

How the blip am I gonna accept the cow!? I haven’t even a residence here, but meh, they probably don’t know that” he gathered.

“Three hurrays for our young saviour!” the wooden group squealed surrounding the kid with grateful expressions in their faces.

The entire town was going hyper towards Deku-san and lifted him in thanks, “Goodness! People here over exaggerate things! I didn’t even do that much, that mysterious kid and his fairies did better” the humble Deku boy thought as he felt the fresh air in his face from the people’s lift -- the feeling of the townsfolk’s intentions went over nice and with nothing but a cluster of happy people lifting you and a morning, cerulean sky above your wooden smiling face, happiness is bound to stick to you sooner or later.

“Hey guys, please put me down, thanks for everything, but I’d rather like to rant by myself” he asked humbly as the townsfolk put him down and having him inside a circle of grateful people.

“How can we express our gratitude for your help?” a little old lady, robed with her reddish cloak of leaves, asked the boy in front of him.

“Well, um… you see…” he said trying to gather something.

“You guys… already… showed your happiness… and… everything…” he faltered before coming up with the first free-of-sense thought that came to his mind.

“The only thing that matters is your being alright!” he smiled out of the first thought he came up with, not exactly being aware if it made sense or not.

Suddenly, a short and loud fanfare filled the air as people grew silent, subsequently, people in front of Deku-san began making way to somebody, but he couldn’t see who was coming because of his size and the multitude of wooden fellows.

Immediately, the last row of Deku stepped aside and he could see they were making way to a thin girl wearing a beautiful leafy kimono with greenish lower part, reddish upper part and oversized floppy sleeves with white tips, she was also wearing a leafy haircut looped backwards. This girl looked important, and the two big tree-like guardians, wearing nice thick wooden armour, at her sides made it obvious.

“So you are the young one who saved this town, pleased to meet you” the girl spoke with a very elegant accent to the overwhelmed kid in front of her.

Although looking as young as Deku-san was, this girl meant pretty much for the townsfolk. So the kid bowed in respect and humbly said “It was my pleasure to help this wonderful town” keeping in mind how nice the place was by first instance.

“Ungh… let’s skip all these formalities” she whispered first, causing Deku-san to raise an eyebrow.

“Please, follow us” she asked kindly grabbing the kid’s hand.

The boy said nothing, he just attended the walk without a second thought to and followed the group out of the town, which entire people saluted and applauded at this little hero in apparent farewell as he waved good-bye to them, he then turned and fixed his gaze at the long, zigzagging path up the hill that extended before them “Where are we going? If I may ask” the kid said.

“You’ll soon find it out” she replied quickly as she let the kid’s hand go.

The jagged geography of the path meant no trouble for these wooden fellows, so they made it quickly on top of the hill not too far from Meadow Town and as the path grew shorter by the minute, the figure of the castle-stronghold of the royal family was gradually revealed for them.

“This is the Deku Palace, where my family lives” the tender voice of the girl made all clear with the vista of it. This castle didn’t have any nice outer garden; it was rather one gloomy and rusty way of a palace, imbued in fresh moss and rounded by a swamp, this castle was known for its unconventional location and hard accessibility, for its tree-like structure meant but one good camouflage at the distance.

“Wow… The Deku Palace, I finally get to see it!” Deku-san smiled at his female friend.

Already inside the palace, the kid finds himself following the princess through the grassy inner passages of the castle, being guided directly into the King’s chamber, which could have been described as a sole grand circular room with no ceiling, goodly decorated wooden walls with cool isometric carving and nice ornamental plants. On the other end of the room, there is this spectacular throne of plants with the king, an old chubby wooden fellow with one big leafy turban on his head, resting on it.

“Father, I’ve brought you the young saviour of our town as you asked me” she respectfully bowed at the king before her and with an astonished Deku-san at her side.

The King looked at the kid and smiled happily “Ooh, pleased to meet you, young hero. How could we thank you for driving that humongous swarm of insects off all by yourself?” with a slightly dragged olde voice.

“Anything, really” he emphasised.

…Anything…?” the kid wondered.

I declare myself guilty for the abismal lack of action in this chapter, but understand this chapter is important if you want to get the next one. Well, since next chapter is short, I´m off onto it right now.

Expect an update soonly enough.

Last edited by AABM on Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next