It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Cherish the Moment *PG* 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
This is the result of the story i put up before.

Hope you like it :D

Prologue

The gym leader is sitting on a chair overlooking the battle field, as one of his trainees battled the challenger to the gym. He’s sitting there with a tried look on his face, closing his eyes he listens to the commands the trainers were giving their Pokémon.

“Drifloon use shadow ball on that Yanmega” The trainer called out to his Pokémon.

The floating Pokémon responded and fired off the dark ball of shadowy gloop at the gym trainers Pokémon knocking it back. The gym trainer knowing his second Pokémon was more than capable of countering the Drifloon called out to the Yanmega to use u-turn to do some damage to the Drifloon while switching out. The gym leader rolled his closed eyes at his trainees’ bad choice.

“Idiot.” He thought to himself, unaware of the Pokémon using her psychic abilities to read his thoughts, “Why would he, a, teach that Pokémon a physical move then, b, use it to escape when he could clearly beat it with what he had.”

“Go, Electabuzz.” The gym trainer called as he tossed the great ball out on to the battle field, releasing the Pokémon.

The gym leader’s expression didn’t change and his eyes didn’t open. There is no excuse for failing now the gym leader thought. The Electabuzz launched a thunder punch at the Drifloon knocking it out in one shot, as this took place a Pokémon teleported next to the chair.

“So he actually managed to take the Drifloon down then” the Gardevoir muttered to the gym leader. Opening his eyes the gym leader looked at the Gardevoir next to him and slowly nodded. Looking down at the battle field the Pokémon and human saw the challenger toss a poké ball onto the field and out came the challengers final Pokémon for the 2-on-2 practice battle, an Onix.

“Ready Onix” The trainer shouted up to the giant Pokémon on the field, who roared back in confirmation.

“Electabuzz use ice punch” The gym trainer called out, with the Electabuzz responding appropriately, hitting the Onix hard. However the massive Pokémon was barely fazed and struck back with a powerful earthquake knocking the Electabuzz back against the trainee sending them flying back slamming against the trembling wall.

The gym leader and Gardevoir acted as if nothing was even happening, and with their experience this was a pretty mild quake. However this caused the gym leader to sit up and focus, expecting the worse, he might actually HAVE to battle the challenger. Looking down he saw the trainee release the Yanmega onto the battlefield into the expected stone edge from the Onix.

“Looks like we’re up Jess.” The gym lead moaned as he stood up, with the Yanmega getting knocked out on the battle field below him, “What’s the bet that he doesn’t understand the gym rules.” He asked the Gardevoir walking beside him down to the field.

“No idea Stephen, but to be honest I don’t care, I just want a good battle.” The Gardevoir simply answered. “What 3 are you taking out. I’m using Abigail, Sparky and Chimecho.” She countered while looking though a small pile of poké balls, great balls and ultra balls picking out the 3 which contained the Pokémon she wanted to use for the upcoming gym leader battle. To which Stephen just shrugged and took 3 poké balls out of his pocket. However they are not normal looking poké balls. One of them is a Premier Ball another is a Luxury Ball while the third is a rare cherish ball.

“The usual.” He plainly said. “You ready to defend the honour of the Möbius Gym, Jess?” The door to the battle field opened and the two trainers walked out on to the field.

“Hello young trainer, how have you been finding our gym trainees? Good?” Stephen rattled off with a slightly bored tone to his voice. “Now you have defeated the 4 trainees of this gym I accept your challenge to the Möbius gym.” The young trainers’ eyes gleamed with anticipation and he listened intently to the gym leaders words. “Here are the rules for the battle: It will be a 6 on 6 double battle, me and my joint leader with use 3 each and you will use 6, and wherever possible all side must have 2 Pokémon on the field at anytime.” Stephen Yawned. “Sorry. Both the challenger and gym leaders will be allowed to switch Pokémon at any point during the battle.”

“Wait ... what?” the challenger queried. “Normally the gym leaders are not allowed to change Pokémon during battle, why can you?”

Stephen rolled his eyes and stuck his hand out to Jessica who, rolling her eyes as well, put a 10 poké note into his hand, which Stephen pocketed. “It's because this gym does not have a specific type. As a result, unlike say a water type gym, we don’t have many Pokémon with similar moves and abilities. Consequently in order for us to give you a fair battle worthy of earning a badge we must be able to switch and counter you Pokémon in the same way you will to ours.” Stephen looked at the clock above the referees’ podium and nodded to the referee who was walking to the podium to be ready soon. “Are you ready?”

“Ye...Yes sir and ma’am.” The challenger said to Stephen and Jessica.

“Both challenger and Gym leader release your Pokémon on to the battle field and prepare for battle.” The referee called out holding up a red and green flag, red for the gym leaders and green for the challenger.

The challenger threw two poké balls out onto the battle field releasing an Exploud and an Omastar. “Go Abigail” Jessica called out while tossing the poké ball from her hand onto the field, “and go Arkbird” Stephen called out while tossing the cherish ball onto the field. The challenger face showed the classic confused look all the challengers at the gym have when battling the leaders. Few of them are used to battling a gym leader who has nicknamed their Pokémon. The challenger looked at the balls as they opened releasing the Pokémon held within, in this case Jessica's Absol and Stephen’s Togekiss.

“Begin the Battle.” The referee called out to the 3 trainers on the battle field.

“Exploud use Screech on the Absol and Omastar use Rock Blast on the Togekiss.” The challenger called out to his Pokémon.

“Arkbird use Aura Sphere on the Omastar fast!” Stephen called out to the Togekiss “and Abigail use Night Slash on the Exploud.” Jessica called out to the Absol. The two gym leaders Pokémon attacked before the challengers could even move. The Togekiss fired off a glowing ball of energy at the Omastar who just seemed to stand there unable to move as the ball hit the Pokémon square in the face sending it flying backwards against the wall behind the challenger. A second after the Togekiss moved the Absol next to him moved jumping into the air as the scythe on the side of her head glowed with a black light, with a flick of her head the Absol sent a dark edge towards the unwitting Exploud who like the Omastar next to him was sent flying backwards, slamming against the wall behind the challenger. Both the Exploud and Omastar were out cold.

“The challengers Pokémon are unable to battle” the referee call out while holding a red flag out on the side of the two gym leaders.

“Oh wow, Exploud and Omastar return.” The trainer held both the Pokémon’s poké balls and a red light glowed on both Pokémon as they returned to the poké balls. “Sorry guys.” The trainer apologised to the poké balls as he put them back while getting two more balls. “Go Bagon and Blastoise.” The trainer called out while throwing out two more poké balls on to the field which released the Pokémon the trainer called out.

“Ready Jess?” Stephen asked while looking across at his fellow gym leader, who nodded in reply and looked out knowing exactly what move both Stephen is going to use and what move to use herself.

“Arkbird use air slash on the Bagon.” Stephen called out with a slight sadness in his voice, “And use night slash on Blastoise Abigail” Jessica told her Absol while trying to add some excitement to the battle.

“Blastoise use withdraw and Bagon use head butt on the Absol.” The trainer desperately called out to his Pokémon, knowing that they were too slow to react in time to stop the attacks from the gym leaders Pokémon from hitting. The Togekisses wings flap strongly causing the air to slice across the battle field hitting the Bagon trying to ram the Absol with its head, knocking the small dragon to the floor. As the Blastoise tried to tuck into its shell the Absol’s dark attack hit incredibly hard, even for one of her attacks. Both of the challengers Pokémon again fell with only one hit.

“Both the challengers Pokémon are unable to battle.” The referee declares while holding up the red flag. While the challenger returned both Pokémon to their poké balls.

“I withdraw.” The challenger states, “To win now is impossible.”

“Oh well, you tried” Jessica told the challenger walking up to him as Abigail walked over. “You need to train your Pokémon to a higher level and focus on their defences, any thoughts Stephen?” The words fall on empty space. Stephen had begun to walk off into the back room yawning. “OK then, we await your next challenge.” Jessica said with a rushed tone looking round trying to get Stephen to stay, but it’s too late challenger turns and leaves the room with his head held low.

“STEPHEN!!” Jessica yells out and chases the gym leader into the back room.

Last edited by tpjerematic on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
Chapter 1

“It’s a beautiful morning!” The young boy sang while dancing down the road, much to the humour of the two people walking with him. Sam is a normal 13 year old boy: lively, energetic, care free and a little stupid. Coming from the Kanto region Sam is a budding Pokémon trainer in his 3rd year of training. After receiving a Charmander from Professor Oak in Pallet Town aged 10, Sam progressed though both the Kanto and Johto regions finishing in the top 16 in both League Championships. After deciding he needed a change of pace and location Sam came to the Actopon region to challenge the Actopon Pokémon League.

“What are you on about? It’s, like, 7 in the morning. Stop doing that, you’re giving me a headache.” The much older boy moaned at Sam as he loped down the road.

“Oh stop complaining Alvin I just wanted to get to the next city so I can earn another badge!” Sam shouted back to Alvin, who was walking quite a way behind him now. Alvin is a 22 year old Pokémon researcher who works with Professor Aspen, the head Pokémon researcher for the Actopon region, preferring to study Pokémon rather than going out on a Pokémon adventure. He was commissioned by the Professor to fill a Pokédex for the Actopon region. However he was beginning to regret accepting the offer to travel with this young trainer ... and his sister, who is now pushing him to catch up with Sam.

“HURRY UP YOU SLOWPOKE!” Alvin’s sister Kei, who is now pushing even harder, shouted up to her brother. Kei is a 10 year old Pokémon trainer who received her first Pokémon, from Professor Aspen, only 2 months ago, a Squirtle. Kei looks up to her brother for advice and support. However she has a fierce independent streak which can get her into trouble, despite she is very kind hearted. When she was growing up she always wanted to follow in both her mother and fathers’ footsteps in becoming a League Champion and a Grand Festival Champion. So when she set off on her travels she decided to do both Gym battles and Contests.

“So ... what city are we headed to and how far?” Sam inquired, to a wall of groaning from Alvin.

“For the last time,” Alvin stated “we are going to Redux City, home of the Möbius Gym and badge. HMMMM ‘Kay? And if I’m right we will be there within half an hour.” Alvin sighed.

“Who is the gym leader and what’s their speciality type?” Kei asked herself aloud “’Cause I might challenge it for some practice.” As she said this her hand dove into her backpack pulling out the official league guide book, and promptly started flicking though the book to the relevant page. Alvin however was miles ahead of her. He was also wrong ... deliberately ... because he liked to tease his little sister sometimes.

“The Möbius gym has gotten a new leader this year, so that book would tell you much.” Alvin simply stated pulling the book out of Kei’s hands before she could read it and putting it deep in his own bag. He thought to himself, “Can’t wait to see the look on both of their faces when they see the leaders of the gym. Tee hee.”

After arriving in Redux City the three friends firstly stopped off in the local Pokémon centre to heal up their Pokémon. After having a quick bite to eat they made their way to the Möbius Gym. It, to their surprise, was closed at 1 in the afternoon. Sam inspected the sign hung on the door handle.

“Gym’s closed for the day, 3 boring battles made the leaders really hungry, they may be back later. Signed, the gym leaders.” Sam read the sign and visibly became annoyed. “What the crap? They can’t just close the gym ‘cause they’re bored!” Sam looked to his right seeing a couple sitting outside of the Möbius Café next to the gym, one of them having something to drink, the other reading a broadsheet news paper that obscured most of themselves. “Maybe those two may know where the gym leaders are?” Sam walked in the direction of the two people.

“Oh genius Sam, just brilliant,” Kei sarcastically growled, “you’re going to bother that couple who are trying to have lunch JUST because you are desperate for a battle.” Kei stormed off after Sam. Much to Alvin’s amusement, who pursued to see the humour that was sure to follow.

“Excuse me,” Sam asked approaching the couple “Could you help me?” The two people seemed not to respond, much to the annoyance of Sam who repeated his question as he got to the table and stopped. Unknown to him the Gardevoirs’ eyes, from behind the newspaper, gave off a subtle light blue glow, which was barely noticeable in the bright day light, as did the three poké balls on Sam’s belt.

“Yes little boy, what do you want?” the man sitting there said with a bored tone, much to Sam’s ever growing annoyance.

“I would like to know where the Möbius gym leader is so I can challenge him to a Pokémon battle for the Möbius badge.” Sam declared while putting both hands on to table. “However they seem to have gone out to lunch, would you know where they are?” Sam asked waiting for a reply. While he was talking the Gardevoir behind the newspaper was psychicly scanning the poké balls, looking at what Pokémon are contained inside, their moves and training strengths. She then telepathically transmitted this information to the man sitting next to her. He was less than impressed.

“Look, and trust me on this, don’t waste your time.” The man bluntly told Sam whose face showed more than a little shock. “You wouldn’t last 5 minutes in that gym and your Pokémon don’t deserve to suffer.”

“How do you know that?” Sam retorted, still a little shocked. Both Alvin and Kei had caught up to Sam and are just listing to the exchange taking place.

“Well, as you ask, I know that you wouldn’t stand a chance in that gym because,” the man pulled down the newspaper from in front of the Gardevoir showing her face, “My friend here looked at your Pokémon and they are far too weak to be able to battle the gym leaders. On top of that, you only have three and the rules state that you need 6 to battle the gym leaders.” A look of confusion drifted across Sam’s face upon hearing the word ‘leaders’. He knew that gyms only ever had one gym leader, so why was he using a plural? However the man speaking to him didn’t seem to notice and kept talking. “I also know that the gym leaders won’t battle you, ‘cause you ...” he was cut off as the Gardevoir finished the sentence.

“... Interrupted our lunch!” The Gardevoir said with a flourish and promptly picked up the newspaper and stated reading it. At the same time the man sat back and sipped from his drink, while looking at the stunned faces of Sam and Kei with a smile on his.

After several minutes of Sam and Kei standing open mouthed in shock, Alvin finally broke up laughing at the two kids.

“HA HA, I wish I had a video camera!” Alvin giggled, pushing past the two stunned kids she walked up the man. “How are you Stephen?” Alvin asked pulling up a chair and promptly falling onto it.

“Bored and,” Stephen looked at Sam and Kei “surprised they are still starring at poor Jess as if she’s some kind of freak!” Stephen took a drink from his glass. “So why are you out here in the real world? You normally spend all your time in the lab back in Redwell with Aspen.”

“This is why,” Alvin said as he pulled out the Pokédex, “Aspen’s got me doing the yearly field count. Well by me I mean Kei and, of course, by Kei I mean me.” Alvin slouched back in the chair closing his eyes. “Do you think we should explain what’s going on to those two?” Alvin lazily said vaguely pointing in Sam and Kei’s direction.

“Jess, I think the kids have been shocked long enough now.” Stephen called to Jessica, who had now finished her newspaper and was quietly sipping her drink while staring into the eyes of Sam and Kei. “Want to explain it to them?”

“Suppose so.” Jessica called back, “Take a seat and I’ll tell you.” As she said this two chairs were pulled to the table by psychic energy, on which Sam and Kei sat. “Let me first clear up that, yes I am a Pokémon, yes I am talking and no it’s not a psychic trick. Any questions?”

“Erm, yes” Sam asked in a slightly stuttered and quietened voice, “How?” shuffling uncomfortably on the seat.

“I learnt, the same way you did.” Jessica explained, “In a school.”

“With a bunch of 5 year old kids!” Stephen interrupted with a smile.

“Thanks!” Jessica sarcastically said back scowling at Stephen, before restoring her composure, smiling and continuing her explanation, “That’s pretty much it about the speaking, reading and,” taking the sign from the gym door that Sam still had in his hands, “writing. I’m also the joint gym leader of the Möbius gym.”

“So you’re a Pokémon, Pokémon trainer?” Kei asked taking the league guide book from Alvin’s bag and flicking to the page about the Möbius gym.

“Yes.” Jessica responded finishing her drink, “that book will tell you the same thing.” Jessica as she paid the bill for hers and Stephen’s lunch. “So what are we doing now?” she queried to Stephen who was already stood up chatting intently with Alvin.

“Well I’m too depressed to battle anymore today and I want to show Alvin the Pokémon back at the house.” Stephen told Jessica “You two can come along as well if you want?” he asked Sam and Kei as he walked off. The two kids’ shrugged picked up their bags and followed Stephen, Jessica and Alvin.

Stephen and Jessica lead Alvin, Sam and Kei back to their house on the outskirts of the city. After walking down the drive they came to a small unassuming house, however it’s the land behind the house that impresses Sam and Kei. 50 acres of Pokémon ranch, filled with a variety of Pokémon being cared for by the staff from the Möbius gym. Jessica led Alvin, Sam and Kei round to the ranch to show them all the Pokémon that are being cared for, while Stephen went into the house to answer a request from the Pokémon league.

Jessica showed all the types of Pokémon that the league send to them to take care of so that they can be released back into the wild once they are fit enough and strong enough to take care of themselves.

“WOW, look at all the cute Pokémon!” Kei shouted out, as Jessica led the three to the area near the house used to take care of the baby Pokémon. “Cleffa, Pichu, Magby, Elekid and even EEVEES!!!!” Kei tried to run into the pen but was restrained by Jessica and Alvin.

“You can’t just run in there!” They both shouted at Kei, pulling her back.

“These are very young Pokémon and are not all that comfortable around humans.” Jessica explained, “They even attack Stephen sometimes.”

“Talking about him,” Sam said, “where did he go?” Sam looked at the house to see Stephen leaving with a serious look on his face.

“What did the league want?” Jessica asked with a slightly worried tone to her voice. She knew that look well; he always had it when faced with some bad news.

“They have asked me to take care of some special Pokémon, I’ll explain inside.” Stephen turned and returned to the house, with Jessica in close pursuit. Alvin and Sam followed Jessica inside, with Kei reluctantly leaving the cute baby Pokémon to join them in the house.

“What did the league want?” Jessica repeated her question; as Alvin Sam and Kei entered the house to see Stephen sitting on a chair at the dining table with four cherish balls on his desk.

“These four balls were dropped off at the Pokémon league donation office,” Stephen told Jessica the details of what the league had said to him over the phone, “and the league has asked me to find out what Pokémon are inside and moreover where they came from.”

“So what’s the problem with that?” Sam chimed in, “If that’s all they want you to do it shouldn’t be a problem, right?”

“You don’t understand,” Stephen answered holding up one of the balls, “these are cherish balls. They are extremely rare, in my entire 18 year Pokémon training career I have only ever had two of them.” A look of mild shock spread across Alvin, Sam and Kei’s faces. “So why would a trainer with four of the damn things leave them at the league to be released?” Stephen asked putting down the ball with the others, staring at them with the same serious look on his face.

“Do you know what Pokémon are in them?” Kei asked, “That could explain why they were dropped off.”

“The problem is,” Jessica answered, “that cherish balls are normally used to capture a rare Pokémon due to the rarity of the ball. So Stephen doesn’t want to release a possibly rare Pokémon, who could be scared and run off.”

Kei walked up to the table and picked up the 4 cherish balls. “Well there’s no point just staring at them.” Kei said as she walked towards the door, “If you won’t find out what Pokémon are hidden inside these balls I will!” with a flourish she walked out the door.

Stephen gave Alvin a withering stare, “Is she always that hot-headed?” He asked chasing after Kei before Alvin could answer.

“Go poké ball!” Kei shouted as she prepared to throw one of the cherish balls. Stephen grabbed her arm at the last minute stopping the ball from being thrown and taking it from her.

“Kei, I know you’re excited to know what Pokémon are in here.” Stephen condescendingly told Kei, “But we don’t know what is inside of them.” Stephen took the remaining three balls off Kei. Turning to his left he asked Jessica, “Are you ready to restrain what comes out of here?”

“As I’ll ever be!” Jessica responded cheerfully readying herself.

“Cherish ball go!” Stephen called out tossing the ball forward. There was a flash of light and the ball opened releasing the Pokémon inside. Once the flash had died down five jaws hit the floor in shock as they saw the Pokémon before them.

Last edited by tpjerematic on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Chapter 2

“That’s a Latias!” Stephen finally said after realising what Pokémon was floating in the air in front of the five of them. The Latias called out and flew at Stephen knocking him to the floor; Jessica prepared to attack but stopped when she saw that all the Latias is doing is licking her friends face.

“HA HA, she likes you!” Jessica laughed at Stephen who was trying to fight off the Pokémon.

“So that’s a Latias then?” Alvin excitedly said opening his Pokédex and pointing it at the Latias who was still gleefully licking Stephens face.

“Latias, the Eon Pokémon.” The Pokédex said in a slightly electronic female voice, “Latias is highly intelligent and sensitive to the emotions of people. Its body is covered with a down that can refract light so that it appears invisible.” Alvin clicked though the pages on information on Latias.

“Something isn’t right,” Jessica commented stretching her arms to roughly the size of the Latias, who was now just sitting on Stephen stomach cooing as he stroked behind her ears. “From what I can remember Latias are supposed to be a metre and a half long but she can’t be more than half of that.”

“She must be a baby then.” Stephen said standing up while Latias played with Sam and Kei, “Which is a little odd.” He took the three remaining cherish balls and activated them “And if I think correctly these will contain babies too.” Tossing the 3 balls forward the Pokémon stored within them were released, after the light dispersed it became clear just how odd the situation was.

“A Suicune, Deoxys and Darkrai?” Alvin exclaimed while pointing the Pokédex at the three Pokémon, “Don’t tell me these are babies too?” even as he said this the three Pokémon followed Latias’ actions and proceeded to jump onto Stephen hugging him.

Alvin started with Suicune moving on to Deoxys and Darkrai with the Pokédex.
“Suicune, the Aurora Pokémon. Suicune is said to be the incarnation of the north wind. It races around the world to purify filthy murky water.”
“Deoxys, the DNA Pokémon, it is currently in Speed Form. Deoxys emerged from the virus that fell to earth in a meteor. In this form its body is configured for superior agility and speed, however it can change into 3 other forms, in the right conditions.”
“Darkrai, the Pitch-Black Pokémon. Darkrai has the ability to make sleeping people and Pokémon see vivid nightmares. It is most active during nights with a full moon.” Alvin looked at the heights that the Pokédex said that these Pokémon are supposed to have.

“2, 1.7 and 1.5,” Alvin muttered to himself, looking up at the three Pokémon who were now off Stephen and playing with Sam, Kei and the Latias, he compared the sizes of the Darkrai to her as they are supposed to be the same height. “They are baby Pokémon too,” he said looking at Stephen who was looking intensely at the cherish balls. “They are too small to be fully grown.”

“So the plot thickens,” Stephen said in a slightly sinister tone. “Now we are asking; why would someone drop off four rare cherish balls with, not only four legendary Pokémon inside but baby legendaries, off at the Pokémon league to be released?” He shook his head “I don’t understand the mentality of someone doing that.” The three looked over at the four Pokémon who were being petted by Sam and Kei. Stephen walked up to them dropping the cherish balls next to Kei along with his luxury ball. “I’ll leave these four Pokémon’s cherish balls with you Kei, when they get tired just return them and bring them in.” Kei picked up the four balls then looked up at Stephen while picking up the luxury ball.

“What’s this poké ball for?” Kei enquired held the luxury ball separate from the cherish balls

“That’s my Lucario,” Stephen said, “just in case anything happens while me, Jess and Alvin are inside talking to the league about those four. Just tell him to use extreme speed and blaze kick.”

“Okey Dokie!” Kei laughed as the Suicune nuzzled up against her arm.

“I’ll take care of him,” Sam said taking the luxury ball off Kei, “This is a gym Pokémon and, unlike these guys, I don’t think he’ll want you petting him”

Back in the house Jessica had set up the video link with the Pokémon league so that they can discuss what they want Stephen to do with the Pokémon contained within the cherish balls.

“Hello Jessica and Stephen how are you?” the man who filled the screen asked, “Oh and is that Alvin there? Wonder what professor Aspen asked him to do that caused him to end up in Redux City?”

“We’re fine Mike, thanks.” Jessica responded, “And Alvin’s here with his sister and a trainer from the Kanto region filling a Pokédex for Aspen.”

“We have news on the four cherish balls I was sent.” Stephen strode across to the middle of the room so that he would be in the middle of the screen at the Pokémon league office. “They contain very rare Pokémon like we thought, but...”

“But what?” Mike said leaning back on his chair.

“Well the four Pokémon are a Latias, Suicune, Deoxys and Darkrai.” As Stephen said this, Mike sat bolt upright with shock in his eyes. “But that’s not the end of it, from what we have gathered these are baby Pokémon.”

“NO WAY, that’s impossible!” Mike shouted at the screen, “Prove it.”

“Give me a second and I’ll bring them in” Jessica said leaving the room. After a few seconds she returned with the four Pokémon standing them next to her. “See, they are too small, I’m 1.6 metres tall and these Pokémon should be around the same height.”

“Moreover, they act like tame baby Pokémon,” Alvin chipped in, “they are very friendly, especially with Stephen.” While Alvin was saying this the Latias had landed on Stephens head and the Suicune was rubbing its head against his leg.

“So why would someone drop them off here?” Mike said while leaning back on his chair tapping his fingers together.

“That’s what we thought; it makes very little sense as to why someone would drop off these Pokémon to be released.” Stephen stated taking the Latias off his head and putting her down on the floor next to him “So what do you suggest we do?” Stephen asked as Kei walked in with Sam and gave Stephen the cherish balls.

“Well,” Mike said with a slight authoritarian tone while picking up some papers, “that’s why I'm glad you called. We want to ask you to do a mission for us. We know that the Pokémon contained in those poké balls where found and caught in the Actopon region. As a result we would like you to travel around the region and try to find the places they are caught at and release them there, so that they can go back to their original environments.” Mike leaned on the desk seemingly stare down the five people in the room

“Mission? What the heck do you mean by that?” Stephen was taken aback by the offer, “You are aware I'm a gym leader, I cannot just up sticks and leave.” He looked across at Jessica with the same look on his face that he had earlier on when he first received the cherish balls,

“Yeah, but there are two of you” Mike stated looking across the screen at Jessica. “Jess can take care of the gym while you’re doing this for us.” The mood in the room changed drastically as Jessicas face darkened and she became angry at the comment.

“You know that would NEVER happen,” Jessica growled through gritted teeth as she clenched her fists and scowled at the screen, “Where ever Stephen goes I go. Don’t ever try to fob me off.” Stephen put his arm around Jessica trying to calm her down.

“As if I would go on a journey without my buddy,” Stephen soothingly said to Jessica who released her fists and relaxed, smiling. “We have an emergency plan for the gym in situations like this,” Stephen said to Mike who was still leaning on his desk, “Jack’s trained enough to take over as leader, it’ll be fine he can still use the Möbius gym rules.” Stephen looked across at Alvin Kei and Sam, “and in fact those three can help me and Jess. Won’t you guys?”

“Sure,” Kei shouted out gleefully while stroking the Deoxys head who was making a sort of electronic purring sound, “So long as I get to spend more time with the cute Pokémon I don’t care.” Alvin and Sam just stood there, looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

“Excellent. Well I’ll inform the league about the changes at the Möbius gym and you two can go and do this for us.” Mike said writing down what he had to do, “Thank you, I'm sure those Pokémon will appreciate it.” The screen went blank as Mike terminated the connection.

“Thank you,” Jessica said in a calm voice hugging Stephen tightly, “thanks for standing up for me and calming me down.” She let go and headed to leave the room. “I'm going to get the old gear out of the wardrobe and get ready for a good old adventure!” Jessica left the room and set off up the stairs.

“Sorry about not asking you before saying that,” Stephen apologised to Alvin and Sam as he activated the cherish balls, “Return.” He called out while holding out one of the balls. Darkrai was pulled back into the cherish ball, “491,” Stephen muttered as he put a sticker with that number on the ball. He repeated this for the other three balls labelling them with the Pokémon’s national Pokédex listing.

“No problem” Alvin and Sam said is almost perfect harmony, laughing moments later because of it. “The more the merrier.” Sam said with a happy tone in his voce and a smile on his face. “However I would like the challenge the Möbius gym leaders to a battle, just to see how you two battle”

“Sure, but it won’t be an official battle,” Stephen replied, “and you and Kei can battle together against me and Jess.” Stephen put the cherish balls on the table picking up his own cherish, luxury and premier balls he uses for gym challenges. “Once we’re ready we’ll head on over to the gym and we can have our battle, because I would like to see the skills you have used to get 18 badges.”

“You mean two,” Kei said with a confused look grabbing Sam’s badge case opening it, “See.”

“I did compete in the Kanto and Johto Kei.” Sam said with an annoyed tone to his voice taking back his badge case, “So I have the 16 badges from those gyms.”

“Ha ha,” Alvin laughed at the two kids shaking his head. Turning to Stephen he said, “Well me and these two will head over to the gym now and wait there for you.” Alvin Sam and Kei picked up their bags and turned to leave.

“Here,” Stephen threw a small bunch of keys to the gym to Alvin who only just caught them, “let yourselves in and give those to Jack, he’ll know what it means.” Alvin nodded and left the house.

After about half an hour Alvin, Sam and Kei where sitting at the tables outside of the Möbius cafe looking back in the direction of the house wondering what was taking Stephen and Jessica so long. However they didn’t have long to wait, in less than a minute they heard a bell ringing and Jessica shot round the corner on a bicycle wearing, much to their surprise, safety gear and, moreover, clothes.

“WEEEEEEEEEE!” Jessica shouted out as she hammered past the group, turning at speed she skidded around and headed back towards the group who are now moving on their chairs ready to take evasive action if necessary. Jessica hit the brakes, causing the rear tyre to screech and leave a long black trail of rubber behind it. “HI GUYS!” She shouted getting off the bike, turning her head she saw Stephen, “oh nice of you to join us.” Stephen was making his way steadily on his bike towards the cafe. After a minute Stephen eventually caught up.

“Blah, blah, blah,” Stephen rolled his eyes as he got off the bicycle, “I just didn’t want to wear myself out.” He took off his helmet putting it on the seat of his bicycle. “Are you two ready?” he beckoned to Sam and Kei who nodded in reply standing up grabbing their bags.

“Sure are!” Kei excitedly said, “This will be my first battle against a gym leader.” She started towards the gym walking in the doors.

“Excited much?” Jessica laughed heading in after Kei, while Stephen secured the bicycles against the gym wall.

“Come on then, this will be the last time I battle in here for a good while.” Stephen lead Sam and Alvin into the Möbius gym, “Please make it a good finale.”

“Can I just ask something?” Sam enquired as he entered the gym, “why was Jessica wearing clothes?”

“SAM, you can’t just ask things like that!” Alvin retorted.

“It’s ok!” Jessica cheerfully said from next to the door behind Alvin and Sam causing them to jump, much to Kei’s joy. “I wear clothes ‘cause, they make me appear and feel like a normal trainer, and they make me look cool.”

“Anyway,” Stephen walked across the battle field towards the end where the gym leaders stand with Jessica close behind, “Let’s get this started.” Stephen leaned towards Jessicas head “What’s the bet that they don’t understand the gym rules.” He asked Jessica as they got to the end of the field.

“I’ve already told Kei,” Jessica stuck her tongue out at Stephen, “so you’re not getting any money out of me.” Stephen looked across the field to see Kei explaining the rules to Sam. As this was happening the referee walked out onto the field and to his podium. The referee looked towards Stephen who gave a small wink, he looked back and Jessica who nodded in agreement.

“So, are you ready?” Stephen called out across the battlefield to Sam and Kei who were still talking.

“Yep, we sure are.” Sam called back, and he and Kei took a poké ball off their belts activating them.

“Both challenger and Gym leader release your Pokémon on to the battle field and prepare for battle.” The referee called out holding up a red and green flag, red for the gym leaders and green for the Sam and Kei.

“Go Pikachu,” Sam called out throwing a poké ball out onto the field, “Torkoal on the field” Kei called out tossing her poké ball forward.

“Nice, good Pokémon,” Stephen commented, “Go Arkbird,” Stephen tossed the cherish ball into the air, “And go Abigail.” Jessica called as she threw a poké ball onto the field.

“Battle begin.” the referee called out pulling both flags down.

“Pikachu use volt tackle on the Togekiss!” Sam called out with a slight smug look on his face; “Torkoal use Stealth Rock” Kei called out. “Damn! Arkbird use Air Slash on the Torkoal.” Stephen called out with a slight panic in his voice, “Abigail use stone edge on Torkoal ... oh.” Jessica realised her mistake too late. Sam’s Pikachu charged at Arkbird glowing with yellow electric charge “pika, pika, pika, pika, pika, pika, PIKAAAACHU!” Pikachu yelled as it slammed into Arkbird, knocking it up, crashing against the ceiling while falling back down, with a slight cringe as the Pikachu suffered damage back. However Arkbird pushed back and flew towards Kei’s Torkoal building up energy in its wings, suddenly Arkbird stops forcing the energy stored up forward with a strong flap of his wings sending a slice of air forward while recoiling backwards, returning to float in front of Stephen. The slice cuts across the Torkoal who cried out while shivering and closing its eyes. Kei’s Torkoal showed signs of fatigue while staring down Abigail who was now towering over him as her scythe glowed and the ground trembled sending up stones which battered Torkoal who couldn’t withstand the attack and fell to the floor.

“Torkoal is unable to battle.” The referee declared holding up the red flag.

“Torkoal return,” Kei held up the poké ball and Torkoal disappeared back into the ball, “You’re up Sudowoodo!” Kei threw her next poké ball onto the field.

“Well your doing better than I have experienced for a while.” Stephen said with a smile creeping across his face, “However you are down one Pokémon.”

“Arkbird use aura sphere on that Sudowoodo.” Stephen called out, “Pikachu cover him with another volt tackle on Arkbird.” Sam ordered his Pokémon. “Hmm, Abigail use night slash on the Pikachu,” Jessica took a little time to think her move though, “Sudowoodo HAMMER ARM!!!” Kei shouted pointing at Abigail. In an exact copy of the first move Sam’s Pikachu charged at Arkbird slamming it against the ceiling, but this time the Togekiss didn’t fight back rather he just fell from the ceiling back down to the battle field with a thump. While this was happening Abigail’s scythe glowed with a dark light watching Sam’s Pikachu suffer again from the recoil of using volt tackle before jumping into the air and flicking her head sending a black edge slicing towards the tired Pikachu knocking it to the floor. Landing next to the fallen Arkbird, but there was no time to rest and Kei’s Sudowoodo charged at Abigail slamming her powerfully with his arm knocking her to the floor. “Come on Abigail hold on!” Jessica desperately called to the stricken Absol; however it was in vain as she collapsed.

“The challengers Pikachu and the gym leaders Togekiss and Absol are unable to battle.” The referee held up both green and red flags.

“Pikachu return,” Sam called out holding his poké ball “Good work; have a nice rest.” Sam put Pikachu’s poké ball back on his belt taking the next one and tossing it onto the field, “Snorlax, you’re up next.” The giant Pokémon roared as it was released from its ball.

“Arkbird return,” Stephen held up Arkbirds cherish ball, “I’m very sorry buddy, we’re not used to his sort of battle, it’s a nice change. You rest up now.” Stephen threw a luxury ball out on to the field, “Forseti go!” The luxury ball opened releasing a Lucario who growled at the Snorlax.

“Abigail return,” Jessica held up the poké ball and Abigail came back, “good work, you rest now.” She pulled another poké ball from her belt throwing it onto the field “you’re up Sparky.” A Rotom was released from the poké ball making the sound of electrical discharge.

Stephen looked across at Jess, “Will-O-Wisp?” Jess nodded in reply.

“Sparky use WOW on that Snorlax,” Jessica called out while pointing at the giant slovenly Pokémon who looked like it was about to fall asleep at any moment, “Forseti use close combat on Sudowoodo.” Stephen clenched his fists and glared across the battlefield.

Both the gym leaders Pokémon leapt forward within milliseconds of each other not even giving Sam and Kei a chance to give their commands. Sparky glowed a ghostly fiery blue, and shot off five flaming blue orbs at the Snorlax who had barely moved. The orbs vapourized as they hit the Snorlax causing burns to appear on its body. As this was happening Forseti had landed directly in front of Sudowoodo and with a sly smile pounded it with a series of powerful punches knocking it to the floor.

“SUDOWOODO!” Kei called out with a choke in her voice holding up its poke ball “Return.”

“Snorlax use curse” Sam called out desperate to do something. The giant Pokémon glowed with a ghostly purple light. “SNORLAAAAAAAAX” the giant Pokémon shouted out, much to Jessicas shock as she was now standing eyes wide open and mouth ajar. “...lax” the Snorlax grimaced as it was hurt by the burn.
“The challengers Sudowoodo is unable to battle” the referee declared holding up the red flag

“Jess ... are you ok?” Stephen looked across at Jessica who was still in a state of shock.

“Sorry.” Jessica regained her composure, “Yeah, let’s go.”

“Eevee on the field” Kei was unenthusiastic as she tossed her last poké ball onto the field. “Good luck with that.”

“Don’t be so down Kei, we can still win.” Sam stared down the gym leaders two Pokémon “Snorlax body slam on that smug Lucario, his defences should be lower after that close combat.”
“Eevee, do something,” Kei struggled to think of a move “Erm, tackle Rotom?”
“Sparky don’t let it even move,” Jessica giggled quietly to herself at Kei’s bad decision, “Use thunderbolt and finish it.”
“Forseti use close combat on Snorlax.” Stephen was desperately hoping for the battle to continue.

Once again Forseti and Sparky moved off within milliseconds of each other, Sparky firing off a stream of electricity at the hapless Eevee sending it flying backwards, into Kei knocking them both to the floor. Forseti set upon Snorlax pounding it with a series of rapid and powerful punched, however this didn’t seem to faze the Snorlax who simply stood up and fell on top of Forseti. It took more than a minute for the Snorlax to stand back up again and Forseti regained its composure and very slowly moved away clearly in significant pain. The Snorlax once again grimaced as it was hurt by the burns on its body.

“The challengers Eevee is unable to battle, the challenger Kei is out of the battle.” The referee held up the red flag one again.

“Sparky thunderbolt Snorlax” Jessica called out, “Forseti use close combat again.” Stephen said in unison with Jessica.

“Snorlax use crunch on Rotom.” Sam was hoping that it tactic had worked. Much to his relief it did.

Sparky moved off like it has before however it was not accompanied by Forseti who was just standing unable to move. Sparky fired off a stream of electric charge at the Snorlax who once again barely noticed the attack. It responded by roaring out and charged out at Sparky with surprising abruptness and with teeth glowing with dark energy sunk them into the Rotom who recoiled back from the hit falling to the floor filling the room with the sound of crackling electricity.

“The gym leaders Rotom is unable to battle!” The referee was starting to let the excitement of the battle get to him; it had been a while since a challenger had forced one of the leaders to their last Pokémon.

“Sparky return,” Jessica held up the poké ball and the Rotom disappeared back into the ball, “that was rough, have a good rest.” Jessica took the last poké ball from her belt. “I cannot remember the last time I was in this tight a spot.” She threw the poké ball onto the field. “Chimecho, you’re finally getting to battle.” The ball opened revealing the small floating Pokémon.

“Snorlax, you ok?” Sam asked to which the Pokémon roared in return, “Good, use crunch on that Chimecho.”

“Forseti, try to move.” Stephen was desperately calling out to his Pokémon, just short of running out and helping his off the battle field, however he knew that his Lucario was too head strong and wouldn’t let him try. “Use close combat on Snorlax.”

“Don’t worry Forseti, Chimecho use heal bell.” Jessica called out to which the floating bell seemed to cheer.

Forseti tried to move first but once again was unable to, the Chimecho had by now floated up to the ceiling of the gym and tinkled the bell on it head sending out a pleasant soothing sound out over the battle field. However it was too late for Forseti who despite being cured of the paralysis had moved too early and was unable to do anything about it. As the Chimecho floated back down to the battle field Snorlax was standing in front of it and as with Rotom sunk its teeth into the opposing Pokémon. The Chimecho didn’t stand a chance and fell to the floor.

“The gym leaders Chimecho is unable to battle! Gym Leader Jessica is out of the battle!” The referee held up the green flag as Jessica returned the Chimecho to its poké ball.

“You did your best; hopefully Forseti can end that Snorlax now.” Jess looked across at Stephen, “It’s all up to you now.” Jessica slipped her arm around Stephens shoulders, “good luck.”

“Forseti another close combat, if you please” Stephen made a sweeping gesture with his arm in an almost bowing movement as Forseti once again pounded away with its fists finally knocking the Snorlax out, with Forseti not far behind as he collapsed with exhaustion.

“The challengers Snorlax is unable to battle and the gym leaders Lucario is unfit to battle” the referee held up both flags as the two Pokémon were withdrawn to their poké balls.

“Great work as always Snorlax,” Sam changed to his final poké ball, “It’s all up to you, let’s win this.” Sam fumbled the poké ball onto the field in his excitement. Opening up it revealed a Drifloon who like the Chimecho before just floated there.

“I can’t remember the last time I had such an exciting battle, let alone be taken down to my final Pokémon,” Stephen put the luxury ball back on his belt taking the premier ball next to it and throwing it into the air with an grace. “Angel, come on out.” The premier ball opened while flying up releasing a Milotic who ‘flew’ around the battle field and its opponent Drifloon who was still floating their simple ignoring the serpentine Pokémon.

By this time both Kei and Jessica had left the battle field and were sitting on the side lines watching intently, with Alvin, who wasn’t. He was using the Pokédex to collect information on the gym leaders Pokémon for later study.

“So what do you think will happen next?” Kei asked Jessica who looked at the two Pokémon on either side of the battlefield. She smiled in response.

“The exact same thing.” Jess leant back putting her hands behind her head to watch.

“Are you ready Sam,” Stephen called out to the young trainer who was now realising the dire situation he had found himself in. “I expect the same level of battling you have shown throughout this match. Don’t quit on me now!”

“Use hypnosis” Both Stephen and Sam shouted out the commands simultaneously with their Pokémon responding promptly. Milotic moved first with her eyes glowing with an eerie light sending out waves of psychic energy toward the balloon Pokémon, who simply floated up and out of the way before gliding towards the Milotic, staring right in the face and with his eyes glowing with a similar light sent out waves of psychic energy at the Pokémon who fell to the floor fast asleep.

“Good shot,” Stephen dejectedly moaned as he looked at his Milotic slumped on the floor curled up.

“Darn straight!” Sam excitedly hopped from one foot to the other in anticipation, “Drifloon use shadow ball repeatedly on Milotic, we’re so close to winning our 3rd Actopon badge.” The Drifloon responded firing a string of ghostly gloopy balls of ‘stuff’ which repeated slammed against the sleeping Milotic who was knocked around the battlefield sleeping all the time. After 5 hits the referee held up the green flag.

“Not yet,” Stephen beckoned to the referee to put the flag down, “she’s not finished yet.” The Milotic woke up yawning, showing very few signs of the repeated battering it had received from the shadow balls; she looked around to gather her bearings then focused on small purple balloon. “Angel, have fun with hydro pump.” Stephen smiled and watched as the Milotic blasted away with a powerful jet of water knocking the Drifloon to the floor.

The referee red up the red flag, “The challengers Drifloon is unable to battle, Challenger Sam is out of the battle, the Gym Leaders Stephen and Jessica win.” The referee put the flags down and walked over to Stephen who had returned Angel to its premier ball and was now standing shaking his head.

“I really thought he was going to beat me.” Stephen looked across to the referee who

“Do you want these?” The referee held two Möbius badges in his hands which Stephen took reluctantly.

“I really thought they’d actually beat us.” He looked down at the badges which are shaped like a Möbius strip then across to the bench where Kei Jessica Alvin where sitting with Sam standing holding his Drifloon’s poké ball in his hands “I had better give these to them, they did give us the best battle for a long time.”

Stephen walked across to the group who were all talking with a quiet tone, except of Jessica who was sitting quietly waiting for Stephen to give Sam and Kei their little surprise.

“When you two are done, I have something I would like to give you.” Stephen had the hand with the badges behind his back. “That was one of the best battles we have ever experienced as gym leader. So in recognition of your talent and skill as Pokémon trainers, even though you didn’t win the battle, I present you both with the Möbius badge.” Stephen handed out the two badges to Sam and Kei who both stood there with a dumbfounded look on their faces. “Before you say anything, I lied about the match not being badge claimable. I didn’t want you to panic and try too hard, just battle in your styles.” Sam and Kei looked across to Jessica who nodded and smiled and Alvin who was clapping his hands.

“Yes, I won the Möbius badge!” Kei and Sam cheered while hi-fiving each other.

“Well done you two,” Alvin said while walking over to the group, “So what are your plans now Stephen and Jess?”

“Well,” Jessica looked over at Stephen who was looking at the other badges Sam had while talking about the battles he had and the leaders of the gyms, “we’re coming with you three. It’ll be great!”

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]