It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 the writing timeline 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

throughout the years, our styles, characters, plots and other things change. i was interested in seeing how others started out, so..timelines!

mine is actually rather short.

Anthro Phase (early elementary - 5th grade)
most of the time i've spent writing / drawing, i was doing so with anthro characters, particularly cats. all i really cared about was if i satisfied myself, and, being a child and not yet realizing my perfectionist side, i usually did. the older i got, the harder it was for me to keep a story going. i remember starting several shorts and never getting past the first paragraph or so.
themes: everyday life, typical teenage drama as i got older
characters: variety; xaliaphous, espe and some other dude whose name i can't recall stand out the most. this was waaaay before xalia ever became an actual human character.

KoW Phase (late fifth grade - sometime in 6th grade)
at last, my first promising story! i actually had KoW running for a solid six or seven chapters, and it got a decent amount of attention. almost half my pets on subeta were named after my favorite characters, and i spent most of my free time (and some of my work time..) writing chapters or spin-offs. i was more happy with myself than i had ever been, but i was sort of..blinded by my own feelings for it and thought other people would be crazy about KoW, too. they weren't. ended up discontinued from lack of interest and being unable to take criticism.
there were actually a couple spin-offs that would have been amazing if i had actually wrote them, but i've moved on by now. it's too late.
themes: adventure, drama
characters: KoW cast: tangdom, quentin, ace, deena, nuri, lorcan, trei, lori, maria; spin-off cast: charis, shiba, nuri (human), deena, ai, maria, ele, revonia, millicent

TCG Phase (summer '08 - now)
laziness and insecurity has kept me from actually kicking this story off. i can't do it! not yet! someday i will be able to.
TCG is a lot more..disturbing and disgusting than anything i've ever made. much violence (though nothing really gory), blood, religion and flat out crazy people are examples.
themes: drama
characters: emily, labelle, hide, charmy, deena (same one from KoW), raphael, terrance, rosemary, several ghosts/spirits; deena's backstory cast: charis, shiba, lorcan, trei, nuri, nina

what about you?

Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]