It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 The Violet Avenger - Back In Action 

How did you like my past story, The Epic of Torchic, on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the best)? And be honest in your answer.
5 - That was the best thing I've ever read! 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
4 - It was good, very good. 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
3 - Not good, but not bad either. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
2 - Below average, it needs improvement. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 - It was a lost cause. Throw it out. 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 22

The Violet Avenger - Back In Action 
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Sorry I didn't post this earlier. You guys deserve better.

Chapter 26

_ At first Claydol felt both unnerved and excited at the layout of the island. Kadabra could not accompany Marshtomp, for as they arrived he became very ill. Marshtomp said he wanted to go into the trench first, to which Claydol replied that he’d join Marshtomp to go into the volcano and tower, while Wartortle stayed in the boat to succor to Kadabra.
_ Marshtomp dove under into the trench, which was smaller than Lugia’s trench. As he descended lower, he noticed another large shining white bubble. When he entered it, he saw a giant sleeping being. It looked similar to a blue orca whale, with red lines running across its body and fins. Shortly after Marshtomp entered the bubble, the large beast awakened.
_ “Who dares to dive into my trench?” the creature bellowed.
_ “I do, of course,” Marshtomp retorted.
_ “I am Kyogre, the Lord of the Sea!” came the loud reply. “You shall pay dearly for your intrusion!”
_ “Wait, lord of the sea…Isn’t that Lugia?”
_ “No, he is merely Guardian of the Sea! Now, face my unbound wrath!”
_ Much to Kyogre’s surprise (and dismay), Marshtomp led off with a new move he had trained on the ship: Muddy Water. It didn’t affect Kyogre much, who countered with Hydro Pump, an attack much more forceful than Lugia’s Hydro Pump. Marshtomp was forced into the wall of the bubble by this attack, but he refused to be pushed out; for doing so would mean his forfeit. Marshtomp rushed forward and tried a Mud Shot this time. Coincidentally, Kyogre launched an Ice Beam which coincided with the path of the Mud Shot. The warmth of the Mud Shot cancelled part of the Ice Beam out, but the rest of the mud froze. Yet it still flew threw the air as frozen mud, hitting Kyogre across its face with ice cold spikes. Marshtomp used Mud Sport so he wouldn’t get affected by Ice Beam, but Kyogre surprised Marshtomp by going with Hydro Pump almost immediately. Fortunately, Marshtomp sensed it and ran out of the way, but Kyogre wasn’t quite done yet. Kyogre then rushed forward with Body Slam, trying to crush Marshtomp with his bulk. Marshtomp then pulled out the sword and stabbed Kyogre in the chest.* Kyogre jumped off Marshtomp and started jiggling all over, stunned. Marshtomp then Life Slashed Kyogre and the battle was finished. Kyogre shrugged it off and spoke to Marshtomp.
_ “Hm, well done. Now go to the volcano…my nemesis rests there,” Kyogre stated. “If you would awaken me, at least awaken him. Now let me sleep…” With that Kyogre said no more.
_ As Marshtomp ascended to the surface, Claydol joined up with him, and they both went over to the volcano.

*See that kiddies? That is known as 'mild Pokemon violence'.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
DNA, you need to start double spacing your paragraphs. It makes it easier for us to read. The underscores are beginning to hurt my eyes. *Covers them painfully*

Quote:
...Kyogre launched an Ice Beam which coincided with the path of the Mud Shot.

Coincided is used wrong. From Dictionary.com...
Definition 1 wrote:
to occupy the same place in space, the same point or period in time, or the same relative position: The centers of concentric circles coincide. Our vacations coincided this year.
Something like collided would've worked better.

And from the same paragraph, there's another problem. Everytime the subject changes in the story, there should be a new paragraph. Thus, every time a different Pokemon does an attack, there should be a new paragraph.

Last edited by Ghost Writer on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

DNA, you need to start double spacing your paragraphs. It makes it easier for us to read. The underscores are beginning to hurt my eyes. *Covers them painfully* ---What, and make it look empty? Seeing rows and rows of spaces hurt my eyes; I'll stick with what I got.

Quote:
...Kyogre launched an Ice Beam which coincided with the path of the Mud Shot.

Coincided is used wrong. From Dictionary.com...
Definition 1 wrote:
to occupy the same place in space, the same point or period in time, or the same relative position: The centers of concentric circles coincide. Our vacations coincided this year.
Something like collided would've worked better. ---Alright I'll change that.

And from the same paragraph, there's another problem. Everytime the subject changes in the story, there should be a new paragraph. Thus, every time a different Pokemon does an attack, there should be a new paragraph. ---I know that's not true; I've read many books where that is not the case.

- DNA

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What, and make it look empty? Seeing rows and rows of spaces hurt my eyes; I'll stick with what I got.[/color]

No, don't skip every line. Just in between paragraphs. It's hard to tell when a paragraph ends sometimes. And you have to pause and think about why there's an underscore versus the obvious transition of a blank line seperating two paragraphs. It doesn't make a story look empty.

SorcererDNA wrote:
I know that's not true; I've read many books where that is not the case.[/color]

That's true, it's not a rule, it's a stylistic choice. But, then again there's an author [whose name escapes me] who wrote an entire chapter without using any punctuation.

I agree that a new paragraph should begin when the subject changes. However, I don't agree that there should be a new paragraph for everytime a different Pokemon attacks.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:07 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

SorcererDNA wrote:
What, and make it look empty? Seeing rows and rows of spaces hurt my eyes; I'll stick with what I got.[/color]

No, don't skip every line. Just in between paragraphs. It's hard to tell when a paragraph ends sometimes. And you have to pause and think about why there's an underscore versus the obvious transition of a blank line seperating two paragraphs. It doesn't make a story look empty.
It does to me. Every story without exception here that I've seen do that has looked empty.

SorcererDNA wrote:
I know that's not true; I've read many books where that is not the case.[/color]

That's true, it's not a rule, it's a stylistic choice. But, then again there's an author [whose name escapes me] who wrote an entire chapter without using any punctuation. That's incredible...I wonder how that's even possible.

I agree that a new paragraph should begin when the subject changes. However, I don't agree that there should be a new paragraph for everytime a different Pokemon attacks. Which is why I don't do it at all.

- DNA

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It does to me. Every story without exception here that I've seen do that has looked empty.

It does look weird for a while, but I've yet to see a site actually have an indent capability. After a while, it's as natural as tabbed paragraphs.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:21 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

IM A ATHR W/ G00D GRAMMER SO I ALSO GT TO CMMNT!

I'm not to sure about the "Every Attack new paragraph" rule, not sure if it's much of an option to. But no one's stopping you.

The "Double Space style" is much nicer to read, just look at my FanFic, oh wait, bad example, but one of Crimson's, maybe, she double-spaces (I thought so...) and it's a far cry from empty.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:27 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

It does TO ME. Every story without exception here that I've seen do that has looked empty.

With the emphasis on the 'TO ME' bit.
Oh and Treeckomaster, in about a couple days you are going to hear something you won't like.

Chapter 27

_ Descending into the volcano via a stairway built into the edges, Marshtomp and Claydol found it hard to breathe due to all the sulfuric emissions. The stairway spiraled farther down into the volcano through a slot next to the lava pit, low enough so lava could not seep in. The pathway now was poorly lit, and at the bottom it opened up into a room with a crackled floor, with lava seeping between the cracks. At the opposite end was a large pool of lava – the ‘heart’ of the volcano. Emerging from it was a large red armadillo-like creature. It had black indentations running along its arms (which ended in four sharp claws each) and back, and had a dark brown belly. Its voice was loud and raspy.
_ “Rarrrrrrrgh!!” it screamed. “Who trespasses here?”
_ “The two of us,” Claydol retorted, “what’s it to you?” If Claydol was not so confident as he was he’d’ve thought twice about saying that.
_ “This volcano is mine!” the beast bellowed. “You have no right to be here!”
_ “And who are you, to claim this volcano?” Claydol asked defiantly.
_ “I am Groudon, Lord of the Earth!”
_ (So Kyogre is the Lord of the Sea, therefore its nemesis would be Lord of the Earth,) Marshtomp thought. (That makes sense.)
_ “Then we’ll battle you to the finish to get the piece of armor you possess,” Marshtomp interjected.
_ “Is that so? Then bring it on!”
_ Groudon began by pounding the ground with its massive foot, resulting in an Earthquake. Marshtomp began to wobble, but Claydol lifted him up psychically, preventing either of them from getting hurt. Groudon, angered how they could avoid Earthquake, took a deep breath and flexed its muscles, then charged forward with arms outstretched. Claydol put the point on top of his head forward toward Groudon, and then surged forward like a missile. He struck Groudon square on its weak belly, causing it to roar in pain. Marshtomp then attacked Groudon with Bubblebeam, forcing it to concede even more ground. Finally Groudon had had enough. He charged up a bright red fireball within its mouth, and then released it in the form of a five-pointed star towards Marshtomp.
_ (Oh no, he’s using Fire Blast,) Marshtomp thought. (Well, it’s time to put this thing to the test!) Marshtomp thrust his chest forward while withdrawing the other parts of his body to bend behind him. The Fire Blast attack hit square on the Legend Breastplate, and despite the intense heat of Groudon’s attack, neither Marshtomp nor the Breastplate were affected. Marshtomp then rushed up to Groudon finishing the battle with his favorite move to attack Groudon’s belly again.
_ “Life Slash!”
_ Groudon stumbled backward back into the pool of magma. As it sunk back into its state of slumber within the lava, it managed to make out a few more words:
_ “You did great. Your last stop here is the tower. After that you only have one island left to visit. Now…good night.” And Groudon said no more.
_ Seeing now that their journey was almost finished, Marshtomp and Claydol made their way over to the tower with new confidence.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:01 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Is that news, the end of the story maybe?

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrated: :violin:

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:25 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Chapter 28

_ The tower was immensely tall, and inside the tower was built one giant spiral staircase. In the walls were many windows to look to the outside. This was the last stop on Element Island. After this battle, Mind Island was next.

(Speaking of Mind Island, it’s only fair to warn you now that I won’t be featuring all of the Mind Island battles…just the more important or exhilarating ones. But for now, enjoy this chapter.)

_ During the ascent, Marshtomp began to feel somewhat woozy because of the thinning of the air. Claydol helped Marshtomp up a bit, as climbing the Hero Tower had gotten him used to thin air. But as they climbed and climbed, it was obvious that at the top of this tower they wouldn’t be able to breathe at all if they didn’t adjust to this air. Five minutes into the ascent, Claydol wondered how far up they were, so he looked out a window to the west. There he saw Hero Tower, a monument of cold blue rock, far below him. Claydol shuddered – this tower didn’t show any sign of stopping soon, and they were much higher up than Hero Tower.
_ Eventually their vision was obstructed by a strange white mist. It felt strangely calming, yet very cold. Then it struck them…these were clouds. And soon they were higher than the clouds. Fortunately they’d gotten used to the air, and when Claydol decided to look out the window again, he saw nothing but black, save for one large white sphere shining its light through a large gap in the clouds below. It was obviously nighttime, for Claydol was looking at the moon. Wait…the moon? And yet still the tower ascended. Finally the sky-high monument opened up onto a cloud. Yet this cloud was rather solid to stand on. Looking up, the two friends could see the many stars shining brightly in the night sky. They felt lucky that they were able to get this close to the stars, and felt unfortunate that Kadabra wasn’t here to see it. (And, unfortunately, he never did.)
However this incredible exhibition of nature’s wonder was cut short, as Marshtomp saw something green and elongated fly through the sky, then turn to land upon the cloud. It was some kind of dragon, serpentine in structure, with red and yellow markings extending down to its small tail. Its head was equipped with a large mouth, two small eyes, and four spikes on the corners of the head. Additionally it had two small arms...so small I really shouldn’t be mentioning them.
_ “The sky is my domain!” it bellowed. “What are you land-dwellers doing here?”
_ “We have defeated Kyogre and Groudon below,” Marshtomp responded, “and now we’ve come up here. Who are you?”
_ “I am Rayquaza, Lord of the Sky!”
_ (Earth, Sea, and Sky…) Marshtomp pondered. (The three great elements.)
_ “Kyogre and Groudon battled long ago, carving out seas and land, each hoping to gain dominance over the other. The battle eventually got to an extreme, where ravaging storms and earthquakes swept the land, all for the sake of their petty rivalry. It had gone too far, so I flew down to calm the two combatants, and they have slept in the trench and volcano here…until you woke them up. Now you’ve come to challenge me?!”
_ “With whatever it takes, we will defeat you.”
_ “Then with all of your strength, bring it on!”
_ Rayquaza then swooped up high into the atmosphere, only to come swooping down at Marshtomp, bowling him over as wind does to dust. Marshtomp was dazed at the incredible speed the attack was carried out, but he had to concentrate so he wouldn’t be hit again. Yet Rayquaza wasn’t about to be taken lightly. It flew up once more and came crashing down past Marshtomp, severely injuring him. Claydol tried attacking Rayquaza with Ancientpower, but that did little to halt the dragon’s power. Rayquaza then used his Extremespeed attack once more, knocking both Marshtomp and Claydol off of the cloud. A fall from that distance would kill them before they reached the ground.
_ “So this is how it ends…” Claydol spoke silently. He began to cry. “So be it…”

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:43 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

_ As Marshtomp fell through the sky toward his imminent death, he remembered the good old days, where he along with Baltoy and Abra did nothing but play games all day in a peaceful haven. Then Vincent came, and his whole perfect world fell to pieces that day, like him falling, and falling, and falling…Suddenly he began to rise. He wasn’t falling down to the ground; he was rising up to the sky…but how? Was he dead? Was this where all dead Pokemon go, to a happy place far above where anyone could ever imagine? Then he realized he was still alive. He saw Claydol to his left, and they were both gripped in the talons of a massive bird-like creature. It was Ho-Oh, who had come to their rescue. They were both dropped back on the cloud to continue the battle.
_ “You have many more victories ahead of you,” Ho-Oh stated. “I will make sure of it.” Ho-Oh stayed until the battle was over, lest Marshtomp and Claydol fall off again.
_ The Violet Avenger resumed the battle by holding his sword aloft and charging forward, but his adversary used its long body to constrict him, squeezing the life out of him. Claydol reacted by loosing the bond around Marshtomp and using it to constrict Rayquaza around the neck. The dragon couldn’t focus because its body was being moved against its will, but it still managed to launch an attack. Instantly its whole body was glowing a bright red, which appeared to explode in a mass of flames catapulting in all directions. Marshtomp used the Breastplate to block the projectiles, while Claydol used his psychic abilities to send them careening off in other directions. There were at least 50 flames in that one volley. Then suddenly, Rayquaza repeated the attack, launching off another 50 flames. They were deflected in the same manner, but doing so sapped the power of the two friends. And just when they thought Rayquaza couldn’t do it again, the dragon shouted “This attack is fueled by my rage! Taste my final Outrage!” and did it again. Claydol was running out of power, and one flame hit him dead center, knocking him down, unable to fight. So it was all up to Marshtomp. He was indescribably exhausted from blocking all those flames, but just as the attack subsided Rayquaza started gasping. It appeared that it too was exhausted. Marshtomp then took his chance, mustering all his energy into his arm and lashed out with his blade in an attack all too familiar.
_ “Life Slash!”
_ It was clear the battle had ended.
_ Rayquaza groaned and struggled to an upright position.
_ “You’ve done well,” it spoke. “And now, your well-earned prize…”
_ A small shining ball descended down from the stars above them, and it rested about three feet off the cloud surface. The light cleared, revealing a helmet as teal as the Breastplate, and just as powerful.
_ “The Element Helm here,” Rayquaza began, “has the power of the elements infused into it as a protective measure. Long before I had fought with Groudon and Kyogre, we had pooled our powers into this. Now, you are worthy of wearing it.”
_ Marshtomp reached out to grab the helmet to try it on, but as he touched the helmet it floated away from him, and shot a large beam of light at the Avenger. Instantly he grew, and became more powerful through the beam. His size almost doubled, the fin on his tail grew larger, and the fin on his head split into two larger ones. His legs were also longer, however he would make more use of his arms and hands, which were now rock-hard and imbued with incredible power, so that just one punch would cause unbearable pain.
_ “Your time, Swampert, is approaching,” Rayquaza spoke after the beam of light had cleared. “Your last task is Mind Island. There, you’ll gain the last piece of armor, but I must warn you: getting the last piece is not as easy as it seems.” With that, Rayquaza flew up into the ozone, and Ho-Oh descended toward the west, toward its mountain. Swampert took a moment to behold his new features, and then took the Helm, which fit perfectly, to wear on his head. Lastly, the two friends descended the tower and made their way to the boat, where Kadabra and Wartortle greeted them warmly, and set off toward the south for their final test.
_ Swampert was now truly worthy of the title of the Violet Avenger.

Now I have some news to tell you all, and I shall tell you in the post below.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:02 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

As I said before, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I have a secret, 43rd chapter to the Epic of Torchic all typed up. I will be posting it shortly.

Now for the bad news. Or at least for some people it's bad.

I have given up on finishing this story. For the majority of this tale I've been taking stuff out of the Epic of Torchic and slightly modifying it. Not to mention I've lost the will to write. Don't blame yourselves for this, I did it only because of my lack of will to continue writing.

For those who really want to see this story finished, they can finish it themselves; there's enough information in the Epic of Torchic for one to be able to figure out the ending himself.

So for now, this is DNA, saying, 'Farewell'.
- DNA

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Area 23 of Section 2, If you come by an Albino, youve gone to far.
Wow...I really was enjoying this one, This was an awesome story.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:53 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:14 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You weren't paying attention? I'm not leaving Psypoke, just not finishing the story; that's all.
And I thought you'd be really sad or something, since you liked this story so much.
- DNA

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think he means the FanFic forum. You were never that active in here other than posting your story because of a time issue, so it would make sense to think you were leaving this particular forum.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:39 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:31 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

*cracks knuckles* Well, I finally got into the mood again to write this story, finish the last four chapters, and get it off my plate for good. :wink: Shame TM isn't here to see it. Oh well; I can still send him the chapters otherwise. And now, I'll finish the story in a couple days here. So, this is it.

Chapter 30

_ As they descended south toward Mind Island, Swampert had many thoughts rushing through his head, such as, Should I fight Vincent now, and not bother getting the last piece? and, What if I lose? Then he came to his senses. (No,) he thought, (there is no margin for loss. I will win. I will get the last piece of armor. And I will rid this land of that oppressive tyrant!) Drawing near to the port town of Eastport, Wartortle opted that they should stay the night. Swampert reluctantly agreed, as he was losing his patience from all these countless battles.
_ The next morning, Swampert woke up and looked toward the west. He saw the volcano where Vincent resided…and it was so near! He’d reach it within fifteen minutes journey at most…but Vincent most likely had some kind of trap waiting. He got back on the boat after breakfast, ticked off that he wouldn’t get the chance for his revenge right away.
_ Sailing southward, many thoughts rushed through the Avenger’s mind – thoughts that he’d pondered before, but didn’t quite know the answers to. He passed through the entire voyage in silence.
_ Claydol was also thinking, but not the same things his friend was thinking. He thought about Obsidian, and how he was faring against Vincent. Was Obsidian fighting against his adversary as the three friends were passing on this voyage? Or was he just holding him off, making sure that Swampert would kill Vincent? Or even worse…What if he couldn’t hold off Vincent; that the tyrant was looking for them right now? He tried to rid the thought from his mind, and so took a nap. The voyage went through without a word from any of the four passengers – Kadabra was still sick in bed.
_ Around midday, the boat neared Mind Island. It was a very queer place, dotted with huts here and there, and surrounded with a strong rainbow-colored aurora that seemed to induce headaches to most. As Swampert disembarked, he clutched his head in pain, and Claydol twigged to it. He then surrounded him and his friend with a psychic force to counter the aurora. It was weak, but it did the trick. Motioning to his left, Claydol noticed something move within one of the huts. It had two doors, and two stairways leading downward within. Swampert and Claydol both went down one of the staircases, which both led into a small room below, having two metal doors. Swampert tried opening one by turning the doorknob, and by pulling one time, then pushing the next, but the door would not budge. Claydol tried too on the other door, but this too would not budge. Then they tried pushing both the doors at the same time. This worked perfectly, and behind those two doors were two Pokemon. They looked like aerodynamic bird-like machines of speed. They had large immobile wings, two small arms that tucked into their bodies, and no legs to speak of. One was blue, and the other was red. The blue one had a red triangle on its chest; and the red one, a blue triangle. The blue one started off the conversation with a gruff voice.
_ “What are you doing here?!” it demanded.
_ Swampert, never one to back down from a threat, responded just as harsh. “We’re here for the piece of armor that rests here on Mind Island, that’s what!”
_ The red one responded calmly. “Brother, that’s not the way to ask someone what they want.”
_ “Still, I don’t know what they’re doing here,” the blue one responded.
_ “Please forgive my brother Latios. I am Latias, and we live here on Mind Island. We are brother and sister who live in perfect cooperation with one another,” the red one said to Swampert and Claydol.
_ “Now I understand,” Swampert replied. “I assume we’ll have to battle you?”
_ “You assume correct,” came Latios’ answer, gruff as ever. “Prepare for the worst!!”
_ Latios then surged forward at Swampert, who countered with a rock-hard punch at Latios’ head, causing him to flip over backwards. Latios recovered quickly from the blow, but held back as his sister fired a ball of mist toward Swampert. Claydol stood in and took the hit for his friend, but Latios knocked Claydol aside with a powerful charge. Swampert reacted almost spontaneously and crashed into Latios, who was sent flying; however Swampert’s great physical strength allowed him to come on top without a scratch. Latias then leapt in and used Psychic on Swampert, while Latios flooded the room with a powerful light. Swampert clutched his head in pain, and Claydol found where some psychic energy was coming from and knocked Latias out of the sky. Swampert then recovered from the attack, but still neither he nor his friend could see anything. But then again, maybe Latios couldn’t see them either, so Swampert used it to his advantage.
_ “Claydol!” he shouted. Claydol floated over to where the voice was, and Swampert grabbed Claydol, putting the spike on his head forward.
_ “Now, I’ll finish you!” Latios’ voice taunted from the other side of the light, and performed a full speed charge – right into Claydol’s head spike. Traveling at that speed and running into that sharp object hurt beyond words. Latios then fell to the ground in pain instantly.
_ “It appears you’ve won,” Latias finally said. “Well done. Now, head for the meteorite, where your next battle shall be.”
_ Swampert and Claydol nodded and showed themselves out. Heading toward the meteorite, they prepared for their next fight.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:13 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I skipped a few of the battles because I couldn't think up any decent material for them that wasn't already copied from the Epic. Deoxys, Mew, and Mewtwo were the three I skipped.

Chapter 31

_ Having defeated Deoxys, the Pokemon within the meteorite, with just one hard punch from Swampert, they then followed Deoxys’ instructions and went into the forest on Mind Island. The forest was quite dense, with tall trees extending in all direction. It was like someone planted some trees and had left them alone for years. For a second, Swampert and Claydol thought that there was really nothing inside this forest, until they came to a small hut that was composed entirely of plant material. It looked like a plant, it felt like a plant, it smelt like a plant…even the staircase leading down into the earth was just one big plant. At the bottom, there was a door (made out of plants, of course), and Swampert opened it up.
_ Inside, he found a very vast room with a small pool of water in the center. Walking into the room, at first he saw nothing unusual. There wasn’t a soul to be seen…momentarily anyway. Almost instantly, Swampert and Claydol were surrounded on all sides by Bulbasaur and Ivysaur, all of which were pointing spears at the intruders.
_ “State your name and your business!” one demanded.
_ “Why?” Claydol asked earnestly. That one word could convey all sorts of messages.
_ “We don’t take kindly to intruders here! Now what do you want?”
_ “Calm down,” Swampert responded, “all we are here for is the Mind Shield.”
_ At the last two words of Swampert’s sentence, the whole regiment broke out murmuring among one another, wondering what they could be possibly talking about.
_ “Swampert,” Claydol remarked, “I don’t think they know anything about the Mind Shield.”
_ “Well, someone here should know,” returned Swampert, “at the very least.”
_ “Good idea. Excuse me…” Claydol took a Bulbasaur aside. “Do you know anyone who knows about the Mind Shield?”
_ “I don’t think so,” replied the Bulbasaur, who walked off.
_ “Well, Swampert,” Claydol moved back over to his friend, “it looks like we’re getting nowhere fast. Any ideas?”
_ “Yeah, I have one. There’s probably some secret door here leading to another room, and within that secret room may be dwelling someone who knows about the shield.”
_ “An odd plan, but it’s better than nothing. Let’s start searching.”
_ The two searched all the walls around the room. For the most part, everything seemed so solid, like there was only dirt on the other end. Then Claydol found something.
_ “I found something!” he exclaimed. “Come here!”
_ Swampert rushed over promptly. The wall of vines (remember, the whole room is made out of plants) seemed to be hollow in one spot. Slipping through unnoticed by the befuddled soldiers, there was a small, green, pixie-like Pokemon in the opposite room.
_ “I’m surprised that you were able to make it through alone,” it said. “Who are you two?”
_ “I am the Violet Avenger,” replied Swampert, “and this is my friend. Do you know anything about the Mind Shield?”
_ “Indeed I do, but you will have to battle me.”
_ “Hey Claydol,” Swampert said to his friend, “are you surprised?”
_ “Let me think…”
_ “No,” they said in unison.
_ “I am Celebi,” the pixie responded. “Prepare for battle.”
_ Celebi began by firing off a stream of sharp leaves. Swampert rolled out of the way and countered with a Muddy Water attack. Celebi merely floated over the vine and fired off another stream of leaves. Claydol responded by bending the leaves in the opposite direction, back toward the attacker. Celebi became distracted and pushed the leaves aside, but Swampert took the opportunity to attack Celebi with one of his rock-hard punches.
Celebi spun backwards through the air, but quickly got over the spinning and struck Swampert with a powerful Psychic attack. Claydol saw his friend in pain and used his favored finisher move, Hyper Beam. Celebi was struck hard, and then vanished into thin air, but then reappeared again instantly. Swampert then dealt the finishing blow with his favorite attack, Life Slash. Celebi then fell to the ground with a puzzled look.
_ “I don’t understand…How could my time travel be blocked?”
_ “I read an old story about a Pokemon matching your description, Celebi,” Claydol answered. “It said that this Pokemon had the ability to travel through time. I assumed that you might be it, and as I was charging my Hyper Beam, I put a psychic lock within my attack to prevent your time travel.”
_ “Very few can conjure a psychic barrier to block a vortex from outside of time,” Celebi replied. “But fair is fair; you have won. Next, head for the pink hut. For there you shall fight your next battle.”
_ Swampert and Claydol nodded, and left without another word. They began to search for the pink hut, and steeled themselves once more.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:04 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

_ Within the pink hut resided a Pokemon named Mew, a Pokemon apparently capable of every move known, including transforming into a mimic of another Pokemon. Through clever trickeries, Swampert was able to outwit Mew, nullifying its attempts at using Transform to confuse the two close friends. They left the pink hut for the hut next to it, tiring of Mew’s mood swings that drove them mad.
_ After that, they fought Mewtwo, a Pokemon copied from Mew who knew of nothing but battle. Strong as it was, it was constantly evaded by Swampert and Claydol, who saw a weak spot to attack and nailed it. After a battle of attrition on the part of both sides, the Violet Avenger came out again on top, as usual. With that, Mewtwo gave them a strange stone that looked like the quaver musical note, and told them to go to the hut with a U-shaped curve upon it, and left them with the words “Getting the Mind Shield is not as easy as it first seems.” They would soon be taking those words very seriously.
_ Upon descending the final staircase for their final battle, they saw a small floating white thing, with two yellow appendages on its lower body, and a yellow headpiece tipped with three blue tags. And it was just about to start talking to them.
_ “Aaaaaahh…huh…who’s there?” it asked groggily.
_ “I’m here for the Mind Shield,” Swampert responded.
_ “But I’m still sleepy…” the thing returned. “…*mumble* I’m Jirachi…”
_ Jirachi then immediately attacked with Psychic, but Claydol intercepted the attack. Swampert moved in with Muddy Water, flinging Jirachi back, but Jirachi used Psychic yet again. Swampert quickly dashed up to Jirachi and punched it, but as the attack made contact, Swampert shrunk back in shock…Jirachi was fighting them, all right, but Jirachi was asleep too. It was fighting them asleep? How could this be so? Jirachi snapped Swampert out of his pondering by slamming into him full force with Double-Edge. Swampert winced, but Claydol took the initiative and decided to try out a Shadow Ball attack on Jirachi. The attack was somewhat effective, but Swampert wasn’t about to play games anymore.
_ “Claydol! Charge another Shadow Ball. When I give you the signal, release your attack!” Swampert barked an order, and Claydol obeyed. Suddenly Swampert noticed that there was some sort of curve on Jirachi’s belly, and it was opening up…to reveal an eye! Claydol was instantly struck by something, throwing off his concentration, causing him to fire an incomplete Shadow Ball. But it was just in time, as Swampert immediately snuck up behind with Life Slash. The force of the blow was so strong that Jirachi instantly fell to the ground, still sleeping.
_ As Jirachi hit the ground, it mumbled in sleep again, but more importantly, the stone given to Swampert by Mewtwo reacted to the motion, and started to glow.
_ “Oh,” Jirachi murmured, “what a beautiful song…” Jirachi then woke up.
_ “Hello there. I am Jirachi.”
_ “I believe we’ve already met,” Claydol remarked.
_ “Ah yes. Anyway, for waking me up, you may have one wish. However, you can’t make a wish to kill someone, or cause someone to fall in love…Those are outside my jurisdiction.”
_ (Well, that nixes the ‘I wish Vincent was dead’ wish…) Swampert thought to himself. Then Mewtwo’s words came back to him. Getting the Mind Shield isn’t as easy as it seems…of course! You have to wish for it, or else you’ll never get it.
_ “My wish is that the Mind Shield was in my possession.”
_ “As you have wished it, so it shall be. Now, allow me to sleep once more…”
_ The magical stone shattered, and from the ceiling of Jirachi’s room, a strange teal shield appeared – a shield that could block anything. With this, Swampert’s confidence was renewed once more. He rushed back to the boat, calling back to Claydol to “speed up; you’re lagging behind!”
_ Once he got back to the boat, Swampert exclaimed to Wartortle “I have it.” Wartortle was glad that Swampert had finished up, and remarked that Kadabra was getting better, but still not well enough to move around yet. Swampert asked that they sail to Eastport where he’d fight his final battle. Wartortle pushed off the shores of Mind Island with all speed toward where Vincent was waiting.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:08 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

And now here it is. The 33rd and last chapter of this story. After I finish posting this, I plan on finishing another of my fanfics (no, it is not another sequel; I suck at sequels) and then posting it. So chances are I won't be seen posting another story for quite a while. But I've done enough blabbing. Let's do this.

Chapter 33

_ The next morning, Eastport was within sight. Adrenaline shot through Swampert’s veins like a maddened beast. As the shoreline drew closer, he donned the Legend Breastplate and Element Helm, gripped the Mind Shield in his left hand, and the Regi Sword in his right. The ship dropped anchor at Eastport, and his three friends took the little time they had left to offer some last words of encouragement.
_ “I believe in you,” Kadabra told his friend. “It’s unfortunate that I’m too unwell to move…”
_ “I’m with Kadabra,” Wartortle interjected. “I’ll stay here and wait for your safe return.”
_ “Do you want me to come with you?” Claydol asked.
_ “No, Claydol,” the Avenger replied. “This is my fight, and I’ll finish it.”
_ “He destroyed my village too, you know.”
_ “True, but I don’t want you getting in unnecessary harm. Besides…slaying him is my destiny. You all stay here. If I don’t come back by the end of the day, assume the worst. But if I do, know that I’ve returned in triumph.”
_ His three friends nodded, and Swampert marched his final battle march toward the volcano in the west. Within fifteen minutes he was there. The noxious fumes from the peak were almost unbearably foul, but Swampert did his best to ignore it and climbed the craggy face. Soon he was at the top, and his adversary swooped down on the opposite side to meet him.
_ “Well, well, well…” Vincent remarked. “I’ve been expecting you.”
_ “I’m not surprised,” Swampert retorted.
_ “You sound rather calm, considering you’re awaiting your death.”
_ “The Violet Avenger will not fall.”
_ “But at least you will. I thought I’d wiped out that pathetic village and all its inhabitants, leaving all the survivors to die. I slew the Ludicolo and the Golem with this spear…I didn’t think that mere children could pose any threat to me, so I let Registeel escape with you. It seems that that was my biggest mistakes. And do you know what I do with mistakes?”
_ Swampert clenched his fists and did not answer, angry that Vincent had attempted to befoul his proud name.
_ “I erase them!”
_ Vincent lunged at Swampert with his spear. Swampert was too slow to evade him so he ducked, causing Vincent to whoosh just over his head. Vincent turned around again to repeat the attack, only to be met by Swampert’s blade, which caused Vincent to careen out of control, but the wicked dragon soon recovered. Vincent then attempted to best the Avenger in close combat. He alighted on the ground in front of the purple warrior, trying to jab at any weak spot in the armor. But each attack was met with a block from either the sword or the shield, as Swampert saw that he wasn’t fast enough to catch up to Vincent. But since Vincent was close up, he tried a daring move and lashed out at his adversary, who was merely pushed back. Vincent’s tough epidermis retained no wound, and the wyvern lashed out at Swampert’s underside. Swampert tripped up and fell over, wide open for a deathblow.
_ “And now,” taunted Vincent, “I shall erase you. Goodbye, pesky little bug.”
_ He lowered his spear with astonishing speed, yet Swampert felt no pain. Claydol had come out of hiding and taken the deathblow intended for his friend.
_ “Urgh…I couldn’t let you go alone…” Claydol murmured, before ceasing to levitate and falling down on the mountain face.
_ Dead. The wound had cut right through him, ripping out a sizable chunk of his body.
_ Swampert’s hidden anger was reignited over him losing his closest friend in the world, and he surged straight at Vincent with his sword in pure anger. Vincent, with his spear, tried to hold the Avenger off, but the Avenger refused to back down. At last he used the thickness of the sword to smack Vincent from the side, causing him to fall into the crater of the volcano.
_ “One day, Violet Avenger…” Vincent threatened as his body descended into the lava. “One day I’ll return for my vengeance!” And with that, he vanished under the surface of the lava.
_ Swampert now had mixed reactions. He had finally defeated Vincent. He’d accomplished his goal that he’d traveled the whole world for. But he had lost his best friend to the tyrant, and nothing could ever bring him back. He climbed down the volcano back toward the boat, holding the lifeless body of his fallen companion.
_ As Swampert approached the boat, his friends, who were waiting for him, were about to greet him warmly, until they noticed the dead Claydol, a piece of his body gone.
_ “He was killed by Vincent’s spear,” Swampert muttered. “He was one of my closest friends. And now he’s gone.”
_ They said nothing, allowing Swampert to spend his mourning time in silence, which lasted for about a minute until Kadabra decided to break it.
_ “So, where will we all go now?” he asked. “Our village is gone, and we have no real place to live.”
_ “I’m going to return to the shack in the swamp, and live out the rest of my days there,” Swampert responded. “But first, I have to return this armor to their proper resting places, but that will take weeks…”
_ At this, a voice remarked “Don’t be too sure.”
_ “Who said that?” Swampert shouted into the air.
_ The owner of the voice was Mewtwo, who appeared in front of the group. “I did. If you would be so kind as to return the armor to me, I shall return it to where it belongs.”
_ “Of course,” Swampert replied, admittedly with a reluctant tone, and took the armor off, giving it to Mewtwo, who then vanished with the armor.
_ “Well, I guess that’s it then,” Swampert said. “Our journey’s over, and for what? All we got out of it was the loss of my friend.”
_ “But you defeated Vincent,” Kadabra interjected. “That must count for something.”
_ “Yet I can’t shake the feeling that Vincent will return, years from now. And I don’t know if I can take up the armor again. I can’t afford the loss of another friend. So I’m just going to go to the shack in the swamp, and live out the rest of my days there in solitude.”
_ “Respecting your wishes, friend,” Kadabra replied, “I will spend my life in Central Village. I hear of a wise sage there, and I yearn to learn under him.”
_ “And I’m going to return to my village,” Wartortle said. “I have family back home waiting for me.”
_ “So be it,” Swampert finished. “From this day forth, we are forever friends, taking our separate paths.”
_ They all nodded and headed west together, knowing that they’d only spend one last day together as friends. And Swampert’s notion would prove true…twenty years later, he would teach another of Vincent’s wrath, and this new avenger would take up the sword against the tyrant who enslaved his parents.
_ This new warrior would become the strongest Pokemon in the history of the world. And his name would be the Golden Avenger.

--End--

Yeah, I couldn't let it end exactly the same way as before, so I threw in the last-minute plot twist. Not much, but I didn't want to go with the cliche ending. Well, TVA is at last done.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4