It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Epic of Torchic 

Out of these 10 choices, who is your favorite?
Bulbasaur 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Charmander 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
Squirtle 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Pikachu 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Chikorita 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Cyndaquil 17%  17%  [ 11 ]
Totodile 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Treecko 14%  14%  [ 9 ]
Torchic 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Mudkip 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 63

The Epic of Torchic 
PROBATION
PROBATION

Well-done. The chapters are great. Very captivating.

Current Diamond Team: Empoleon, Rapidash, Roserade, Dialga, Staraptor, Luxray.
Diamond Team Traded: {charizard}, {tyranitar}, {alakazam}, {gengar}, {dragonite}, {gyarados}.
Friend Code coming soon until I get my Nintendo DS USB Wi-Fi Connecter.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:42 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Thanks. It's nice that you think it's captivating...because that Articuno moment is nothing compared to scenes upcoming in the story.

Chapter 18 (revised)

_ As they dove underwater, they saw a large white bubble. They swam toward it, entranced by its bright light. When they got into it they fell onto a solid surface within the bubble. They all wondered: “What was that all about?” But the answer, which they figured out, was simple. Since the guardian lived at the bottom of the sea, whoever would have gone down here might not have been able to breathe underwater, and thus these bubbles were designed. As they looked deeper into the murky depths, they saw many more of these same bubbles, like a maze straight to the bottom. They had to stick together or they’d be lost forever in the bubbly labyrinth. They started going down, and down…For the most part they just kept going down, heading for the areas where more bubbles congregated, and then they saw something unbelievable. It was a giant white bubble shining incredibly bright, almost enough to blind the trio. They fazed into the bubble, and a massive sight awaited them. Some kind of logo was painted on the huge floor within the bubble, and there was something at the opposite end of the floor. A giant white bird was just standing there, sizing them up in silence. It had blue triangles around its eyes, eight blue flaps on its back, a tail ending in two blue spikes, two large three-toed feet, and two wings ending in what looked like four fingers and a thumb.
_ “Are…are you the guardian of the sea?” Wartortle stammered.
_ “That is right, young Wartortle. Why have you come to my domain?”
_ Combusken thought, (This is what all the other birds said), then he responded “To battle you, guardian.”
_ “So you attempt to challenge me?” it shouted, outstretching its wings.
_ “Indeed we do,” came the reply. “What is your name, that we may know you?”
_ “I am Lugia! Guardian of the Sea! And the victor of this fight!”
_ Lugia surged forward, hovering only inches above the ground, using its massive size to pummel Wartortle…or so it thought. Wartortle just bounced off, careened off the wall of the bubble, and thrust himself at Lugia’s head, all the while inside his shell. However this seemed to have little effect as Lugia countered with a Hydro Pump aimed at Combusken. Wartortle and Bayleef rushed to their friend’s aid, holding off the blast, however the water pressure caused the attack to burst to the sides. Combusken knew they couldn’t hold Lugia off for much longer so he attacked Lugia with a Flamethrower. Lugia, although hurt, did not even flinch. It came back just as strong, trying the Body Slam tactic again. It had its wings outspread, and they seemed to move farther apart, like Lugia was building momentum then going with a Wing Attack. Bayleef fired Razor Leaf several times at its unprotected belly, sending Lugia backwards reeling in pain. Combusken came on again with a Flamethrower, with Wartortle using a Skull Bash on Lugia’s belly again, making the pain even worse. Seems that bigger is not always better… Suddenly Lugia unleashed a powerful mental blast of energy, knocking the trio back and giving them severe headaches!
_ “Ah! Psychic!” Wartortle shouted.
_ “My brain! It hurts!” exclaimed Combusken.
_ Lugia then suddenly got up fully recovered, and fired off a fierce beam of air, so large it hit all three Avengers with air seeming to slice through their skin. They sunk down, painful all over, now knowing what power the guardian commanded. Lugia glided forward, looking down on its victims.
_ “How do you like my Aeroblast?” he asked, rhetorically. “Now you know what kind of power I command. You are hurting all over, both internally and externally. There is no hope for you now…”
_ Its speech was immediately stifled as Combusken, Wartortle, and Bayleef attacked with Flamethrower, Bubblebeam, and Razor Leaf simultaneously. Lugia, shocked by the sudden onslaught, was too surprised to launch a counterattack and just stood there, hurting all over. Combusken finished the fight with a Double Kick to its belly, proving that Team Avengers could recover from even the most painful situations. Lugia said quietly, “Magnificent. Now return to the surface and head for the plateau, where your remaining four battles here reside. Now leave me; I must rest.” The trio then rose up to the surface, relying on the bubbles that had brought them down to Lugia, and headed for the plateau with three terrains.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:07 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

_ Once out of the water, they dried themselves off (except Wartortle) and walked toward the strange plateau. One third of it was charred, one third of it was frozen, and the last third was…well, normal-looking. This plateau obviously had unknown and baffling properties – it has three different environments in one place – but there was no time for guesswork. Who knows what Vincent might be doing, torturing the citizens, and his parents…This passion drove Combusken onward like a king in battle. There was also a mountain heading to the clouds in the middle of the plateau. Since the plateau was very large and flat, it would be very hard to be taken by surprise. However, they were. When they stepped onto its ground, they felt wind rushing quickly past their faces, as if something was running at an incredible speed. There it was again. Combusken though was unfazed by the breeze and marched onward to the charred field. Instantly the rushing noise came but screeched to a halt in front of Combusken. The breeze brought something with it – or did it bring the breeze? It was some kind of large canine, with white fur in the shape of a cloud on its back, on top of gray spikes. On its four legs were iron shackles, and its fur was a maroon color. Its head was adorned like a mask, with red fur in the shape of a Y pointing upward, and something iron in a Y shape pointing downward. On either side of the Y’s in between was bright yellow fur. At first it looked like some pantomime creature, but in this plateau? Doubtful.
_ “What are you doing here?” it roared. Because of its robust figure, it also had a robust voice, unlike the birds.
_ “We are here on a quest to defeat Wyvern King Vincent, and I am getting tired of having to explain my motives,” retorted Combusken.
_ “Bold words! I live among volcanoes! I am Entei, ruler of the Charred Field! And if you want the Breastplate, come battle me!”
_ “With pleasure!” the Golden Avenger exclaimed, as his two companions stepped forward. Instantly Entei disappeared, then a blast of air knocked Combusken down, then Entei reappeared. (So, he can travel that fast?) thought Combusken. (This will be no easy feat.) Entei then spat out a Flamethrower, countered by Combusken’s own Flamethrower and Wartortle’s Bubblebeam. Entei flinched, and Bayleef let fly Razor Leaf. Entei then disappeared again and knocked Bayleef full force, reappearing just as rapid. Wartortle attacked with another Bubblebeam, but Entei vanished yet again. Combusken, however, felt the air rush past him, and nailed Entei with a High Jump Kick. Entei stumbled over onto the ground, and got pounded by three more attacks. However Entei was not quite finished. It jumped up, vanished again, running even faster so that Combusken’s High Jump Kick was of little effect; as Combusken attacked, Entei came on faster and blew Combusken off. Combusken, resilient as ever, immediately got up and gave Entei a High Jump Kick as it stopped running, square in the temple. Entei fell back and sat down, unable to continue battle.
_ “Well done,” he said. “Now head to the Static Field to the west. You still have three more battles on Flight Island.” With that he rushed off. Combusken walked to the west toward the ‘normal’ portion of the plateau.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I detest Kyogre! Huh? This isn't the 'least fave pokemon thread'?
Phew... Finally finished reading them! I don't know what everyone else is complaining about! It's pretty darn good if you ask me! I like a lot of dialogue, and this story is exactly my writing style! Although it will be a long story if they have to battle all the legendaries! I suppose they have to battle Raikou, Suicune and Ho-oh next?

Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You ARE good, KyogreKing. Yes, Team Avengers have to battle them next. And you'll see a new character coming up next chapter that you'll probably want to meet...

Chapter 20 (revised)

_ Static Field was sparsely dotted with grass. Not dead grass, this grass was still very much alive. The ground had a yellow tint to it, like electricity was discharged into the soil. As such, the soil was rather warm. Then a great howl was heard, then a flush of air whooshed past, screeching to a halt, revealing a canine beast similar to Entei. A great purple cloud was on its back, and its fur was yellow with black V shaped notches. Its tail, shaped like a Z, was tipped with a sharp 8-pointed star. But unlike Entei’s face which looked like a mask, this beast’s face looked like a helmet. A black trapezoid rested upon its eyes, surrounded by the same gray metal on Entei. The metal led down to its mouth, out of which protruded two large fangs the size of tusks. It also had the same regal look about it.
_ “So, Entei sent you here,” it boomed, with the same robust voice. “Very good. It takes skill to defeat us. I know why you are here; you need not explain. My name is Raikou, and Static Field is my realm. Now, you three, prepare for battle!”
_ Raikou’s purple cloud began to glow, and it sent a Thunderbolt toward Wartortle, who fortunately dodged it. Bayleef attacked with Razor Leaf, while Combusken cautiously advanced, waiting for the right moment. Raikou then disappeared with a rush of air, only to be stopped by Combusken’s High Jump Kick, followed up with Flamethrower. Raikou dashed forward to use Bite on Combusken, who merely jumped over it and attacked with Double Kick. Wartortle used a Bubblebeam, always on the ready in case a Thunderbolt came at him. Raikou then disappeared once again and hit Wartortle with an electrified tackle, Spark. Wartortle was painful yet numb all over; he could not fight. Bayleef however used Reflect in case Raikou tried the tactic again. Combusken was on his feet, readying himself for Raikou’s next attack. Raikou rushed out at Combusken with Spark, but Combusken countered with another Flamethrower, putting all his force into the attack. Fortunately, it was more force than Raikou had left, who stumbled backward with a thump. Looking disappointed it said “Excellent. Two battles remain before you obtain the Breastplate. Now head for Frozen Field to fight Suicune, the last of us.” Raikou then rushed off. At that moment Kadabra hurried up and asked the Avengers “I want to come with you on this island. The ship is frightfully boring; I want to be where the action is. Also, I get the feeling that something horrible is about to happen…” The Avengers allowed Kadabra to accompany them on the island, but they were also troubled at the foreboding omen that he spoke of.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:54 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

This story is already at the halfway point, so on the next post it will be a recap instead of a new chapter.

Chapter 21 (revised)

_ Frozen Field was virtually the same as, yet the opposite of, Charred Field. All the vegetation was dead, but instead of charred soil, there lay permafrost. Had Combusken not been a Fire type, he would have gotten chills. Another rush of wind came by, this one frightfully cold, and also commanded by a canine beast, who revealed itself. A purple mane flowed along its body to its two ribbon-like tails. Upon its head was some kind of crest shaped like a hollow gem. Its fur was light blue all over, and it seemed to be made of water. However it was not, but also did not have as robust a voice as Raikou or Entei.
_ “I see you have come here,” it spoke. The voice was unquestionably feminine, yet it did not have a gender. “My name is Suicune, and I know you have defeated Raikou and Entei. If you defeat me, you will earn the right to climb this mountain, the Sky High Peak, and obtain the Breastplate. You seek to defeat Wyvern King Vincent. You are the Avengers, are you not?”
_ “That is correct, Suicune,” responded Wartortle.
_ “Then, prepare for battle.”
_ With that the battle begun. Suicune whipped up a gust of wind and sent it towards the trio. The wind was freezing and seemed to pierce directly through them. Bayleef let loose a swarm of Razor Leaves at Suicune, who disappeared in a dash, only to reappear again, attacking with Bubblebeam. Wartortle stepped forward and took the hit, having minimal effect upon him. He then readied himself for another attack as Combusken attempted a Flamethrower. This did very little to Suicune however, who whipped up another Gust. Wartortle was flung backward, but got up and charged with Skull Bash, hitting Suicune in the thigh. Suicune staggered but quickly recovered and unleashed a beam with the colors of the rainbow at the Avengers. They were blinded by the Aurora Beam, and Suicune used the dash tactic to knock all three of them over. “You cannot hope to stand against my Aurora Beam,” it said calmly, but all of a sudden Kadabra shouted out, “Oh, horrible! No! No!! Vincent is about to kill Swampert!”
_ “WHAT!?” the Avengers shouted in unison. “No! How can this be? He must not die!”
_ “And he shall not!” Suicune proclaimed boldly, and rushed off over the seas, running at an incomprehensible speed, going to save Swampert’s life.
_ Meanwhile in the marshes, Swampert was cornered by Vincent, who was holding his lance to Swampert’s neck. “Now,” he boomed, “I will rid the world of the one who defeated me, and get my revenge! Begone, pestilence!” He lifted his lance high, and brought it down in a sword swipe motion. All of a sudden Swampert disappeared, only to reappear on Suicune’s back. “Who are you?” Vincent demanded. Suicune calmly responded, “I will not let you take Swampert’s life!” It attacked with Aurora Beam, blinding Vincent. Vincent rushed forward to attack but they were gone.
_ Suicune rushed back to the island with Swampert on its back, who slumped down to the ground, still conscious, but barely. Vincent had given him a deep gash along his chest. Bayleef tended to the wound immediately, as Swampert whispered, “Suicune, you saved my life.” “If not for Kadabra I may not have made it,” it answered. “Urgh!” Suicune groaned and recoiled. To save Swampert’s life, Suicune had to intercept Vincent’s attack, which gave Suicune a deep gash from its front left leg to its back left leg. Bayleef tended to this wound too. Now they knew how powerful Vincent was – powerful enough to cause a lethal wound just from swiping his spear.
_ “I can no longer battle,” Suicune spoke, “but you fought valiantly all the same. Now climb Sky High Peak, and there you will find the Legend Breastplate. I must bid you farewell. Perhaps we shall meet again…” Suicune disappeared in a dash.
_ “Friends, I must travel with you,” Swampert posed. “The risk of being attacked by Vincent is too great. I actually knew that Vincent had left the volcano two days ago, but I did not know he could reach the swamp in just two days. If Vincent attacks again, we will be ready. But let us go back to the ship and get the Regi Sword. That weapon is going to seal Vincent’s fate once and for all.” So the group of five went to the ship, took the sword, and set off to climb Sky-High Peak, knowing that after this battle they would sail away from Flight Island.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:41 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

(L) - long chapter
(R) - revised (adding indents for paragraphs)

Page 1 - Chapters 1-13:

Ch1 (R) Torchic Meets Squirtle
Ch2 (R) Torchic Sets Out
Ch3 (R) Stupid Mankey...
Ch4 (R) Central Village
Ch5 (R) Mankey's Revenge
Ch6 (R) The Swamp
Ch7 (R) Swampert the Violet Avenger
Ch8 (R) Torchic Heads to Westport
Ch9 (R) Team Avengers Begins
Ch10 (R) King Island 1 - Battle with Regirock
Ch11 (R) King Island 2 - Cold Regice
Ch12 (L) (R) King Island 3 - Registeel and the Regi Sword
Ch13 (R)Combusken Arrives at Westport

Page 2 - Chapters 14-21 so far:

Ch14 (R) Flight Island 1 - Electric Bird Zapdos
Ch15 (R) Flight Island 2 - Volcano Bird Moltres
Ch16 (R) Flight Island 3 - Battle with Articuno 1
Ch17 (R) Flight Island 4 - Battle with Articuno 2
Ch18 (R) Flight Island 5 - Sea Guardian Lugia
Ch19 (R) Flight Island 6 - Entei and the Charred Field
Ch20 (R) Flight Island 7 - Raikou on Static Field
Ch21 (R) Flight Island 8 - Suicune and Vincent

There are 10 Flight Island chapters, then Team Avengers heads off again.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:52 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

_ After this bout, the Legend Breastplate would be theirs and they would leave Flight Island. This was the halfway point of their quest. They climbed the mountain with unmatched invigoration, not showing any signs of exhaustion. Combusken asked Swampert, “So what’s our next opponent like?” “I can’t tell you that,” he responded. “However when we get to the top I will beckon it.” Fortunately it was not long before they got there. The mountaintop was flat and well above the clouds. There was something ethereal about the place, but it couldn’t be placed. Then Swampert stepped forward and bellowed at the top of his lungs: “Ho-Oh, come on out!” His cry was answered by a brightly colored bird arriving from overhead. It landed with a thump. This bird was huge, as big as Lugia. For the most part its feathers were bright orange, but the wing feathers were orange. It had a large red plume with green at its base, and it glowed with the seven colors of the rainbow.
_ “Who dares to beckon me!?” it shouted. It had the trademark squawk but much more robust.
_ “Combusken?” Swampert beckoned.
_ “I am the Golden Avenger,” Combusken stepped forward. “We are here to battle you for the possession of the Legend Breastplate. We have beaten the seven others here, now we come for you, Ho-Oh.”
_ “Is that so? What a proclamation from one so small! And yet you got here…Surely you are very powerful. Ha! I must test this power for myself! Hold nothing back! Come on!”
_ Ho-Oh began with a Flamethrower which was countered with Combusken’s own Flamethrower; however he found it difficult to hold back Ho-Oh’s powerful attack. Wartortle intervened with a Bubblebeam, but it did little to halt the power of the bird. Seeing Ho-Oh distracted, Bayleef moved in and attacked with a Body Slam. Ho-Oh took little injury as it spun away, letting go of its Flamethrower. Combusken recovered his energy quickly and let fly High Jump Kick. This still did not do much; Ho-Oh would be one tough nut to crack, as it had not only powerful attacks but also high stamina. They would have to find a weak spot…Suddenly Ho-Oh whipped up a whirlwind sending Wartortle into his two friends like a bowling ball. Getting up, they saw Ho-Oh surrounded by a ring of fireballs, prepping to run the trio through with his signature move, Sacred Fire. How would they avoid this? Ho-Oh surged forward, its whole body aflame with rainbow-colored fire. It was very likely that the Avengers would die from this attack, either from the intense damage or from falling off the mountain. As Ho-Oh drew closer and closer increasing its speed, the trio closed their eyes preparing for death. Combusken stooped down to the ground, his eyes watering, crying silently, and muttered the two words “I failed…” as he awaited his fate.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

good good good now that they're's more than just dialogue, it's a great story

9.6/10

and you're right; your story is not maniacal like mine, but it still is very good.

MANIACAL STORIES RULE!

Pokemon Diamond:
Name: Quincy
FC: 4553-8854-9459

The Rating Centre CAN'T be dead... can it??

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Yes, they do. BTW your card and picture aren't on one line. That is against the rules (it happened to me), so I believe the way to fix it is remove the word (center). And will Combusken die, or not? Well, read on already!

Chapter 23 (revised)

_ However this story is nowhere close to being over. Ho-Oh was stopped dead in its tracks, spiraling backwards out of control off the edge of the mountain. Kadabra had deployed a Psychic shield combined with Bayleef’s Reflect, knocking Ho-Oh severely off balance from the impenetrable barrier. As Team Avengers got up, Combusken wiping the tears from his previously grief-stricken eyes, they saw Ho-Oh fall off the mountain, its body a swirling mass of beautiful flame. Was it Ho-Oh’s time to die? Not really. After a short time, Ho-Oh came swooping back up invigorated despite its crash landing. It was clearly bruised from the fall but Ho-Oh did its best to conceal its pain by speaking boldly.
_ “Ha! Hahahahahaha!!!” it bellowed. “Wonderful! That was incredible!”
_ “Uh…But what just happened?” Combusken inquired.
_ “I can answer that,” Kadabra advanced. “I used a powerful Psychic shield as an impenetrable barrier, turning Ho-Oh’s own power against it, causing it to spiral out of control to the base of the mountain.”
_ “Nevertheless, you have won!” it responded enthusiastically. “Now, climb this stairway…” At this a green stairway materialized leading up to a very large cloud high above Sky High Peak. Combusken and friends climbed the steps to a large platform on the cloud. On the platform was a pedestal, upon which rested a glowing teal breastplate with armored leggings. Ho-Oh soared up to meet them.
_ “The Violet Avenger has been up here once before,” it spoke. “This is the Legend Breastplate. It can protect you from practically anything! Vincent will have a hard time getting through this armor. Only Combusken or Swampert can hold this. And, I see Swampert you have the Regi Sword?”
_ “Yes. Vincent came to the swamp to get his revenge. If not for Suicune, that attack would have cost me my life. However both Suicune and I have deep gashes from his spear…Ngh!” He revealed the wound on his chest. It was healing, but it would be quite some time before a full recovery. “I feared Vincent might come here to finish the job, so I brought the sword just in case. Now we must go. Element Island is our next destination, in the far east.”
_ “Yes. You should leave quickly,” Ho-Oh replied. “Vincent is probably plagued with unrest and will not stop until you are dead. However, he doesn’t know about you Combusken, but if he comes to you he soon will. Now I must leave you.” And with that it soared off. Team Avengers, Swampert, and Kadabra quickly made their way to the ship, with Swampert holding the sword always at the ready. Registeel’s sword had never let him down before, and it was not about to do so. He knew Registeel could be trusted. The ship brought up the anchor and sailed east, their journey half over, but still as dangerous.

"Nowhere close to being over." I take that as a sign Combusken didn't die. Haha!

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:40 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

THE second {combusken} that i have ever loved :lol:

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:21 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

And on the poll no one voted for Squirtle. Where's the love? {squirtle} :mad:

Chapter 24 (revised)

_ Sailing east, they grew anxious to reach Element Island, but Swampert, always rational, advised they stop at the city of Northport, roughly halfway between the swamp and the volcano. It was also halfway between the Flight and Element Islands, and it would give them a chance to rest in a comfy bed before heading out again. At the end of the day when night was approaching, a furious storm was whipped up, battering the ship, recently christened the S.S. Avenger, here and there. Combusken and Bayleef ran below decks, taking the Legend Breastplate, while Swampert and Wartortle stayed above decks barking orders to the crew to get them through the storm, the Regi Sword always by Swampert’s side. He was quite attached to the sword, as it had gotten him out of all kinds of dangerous situations, however when they would get to Element Island he knew he would have to let it go to give to his predecessor. He always knew the opportune time to perform an action, and his commands in the storm were no different.
_ Meanwhile Combusken and Bayleef were in the bedroom below decks. Bayleef began to tremble. “Do you think we’ll get through this storm?” she stammered. “Of course we will. Wartortle’s an experienced mariner, as is Swampert. With them, there is no storm we need fear.” “Oh, that makes me feel so much better.” Bayleef had still not quite grown up yet; she was still a young girl at heart, but one day she knew that would have to change.
_ The storm battered on until well past midnight. Still they braved the tempest, with Wartortle’s and Swampert’s weather-beaten faces directing the crew, an iron determination hardened into their souls. Eventually the storm subsided, and Swampert and Wartortle retired to bed, leaving a Poliwrath in charge of the crew. By dawn they reached the village of Northport, dropping anchor in the harbor. Combusken and Bayleef were relieved to be on dry land without having to explore the landscape waiting for a battle. They stayed in an inn and slept well past noon. They were both physically and mentally exhausted, Combusken the most so because he had done most of the thought and the fighting to the battles. When he woke, he was relieved that he was fully energized, but also sorrowful because they would have to embark soon. He asked if they could wait for first light tomorrow to disembark and they agreed. They all had a large meal prepared by the head chef and hit the hay early – the sunset had only just begun.
_ They woke up at dawn the next day, prepped to go out to sea again.
_ “Ready, friend?” Wartortle offered Combusken his words of encouragement.
_ “Ready as I’ll ever be,” the Golden Avenger answered somewhat passively. They pulled up the anchor and set out east. However Combusken could sense something was not quite right…

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:05 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Th1e first was a {combusken} my friend gave me that i evolved into a {blaziken}. Then my friend takes him and his son back.And i like {squirtle}, just not as much as treeckos

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You (by that I mean everyone) are really going to like this next chapter:

Chapter 25 (revised)

_ As they got far out to sea and Westport just vanished beyond the horizon, Bayleef remarked, “A shooting star? I didn’t know they appeared in the daytime.”
_ “Shooting star?” asked Combusken. “Where?”
_ “Right there,” she pointed. Combusken looked to the area in question. He did see something whizzing past in the sky, but it was too dark to be a shooting star. Suddenly he felt a chill feeling as he saw it whoosh past again, this time in the opposite direction.
_ “That is not a shooting star,” came the answer after a long pause. “I think that thing is watching us.”
_ “Do you think it’s Ho-Oh?” Bayleef asked.
_ “No. It’s black – Ho-Oh would appear red. Swampert…”
_ “Yes?”
_ “That object in the sky troubles me. What do you think it is?”
_ Swampert stared up. “Hmm…oh, oh. No!”
_ “What? What?”
_ “It’s getting closer!” Swampert suddenly lost his cool. But the object was getting closer. It looked almost like a dragon coming down in a circle. It made two more wide circles then came straight down toward them, landing on the deck. No one on the ship had been more afraid in their lives than from seeing this beast now. It was at least 6 feet tall, had a wingspan of 8 feet, its legs ending in four sharp talons, its tail ending in four short spikes, and it was covered in brown scales with one exception: it had a human torso from its waist up. In its right hand it clutched a spear as long as it was tall, it had long upward spikes of blond hair, and its face was twisted in a malicious expression. To top all that it had an air of evil and fear-inducing all around it. It was more horrific than Swampert described. It was Wyvern King Vincent.
_ “So, Swampert, with the help of Suicune you avoided death,” he boomed with a deep, loud, flamboyant voice. “But this time, I have come to finish the job.”
_ “You may have gotten stronger, Vincent,” Swampert responded, a fierce tone in his reply, “but there is no way I’ll let you win.”
_ “It doesn’t matter if you let me or not, I’ll win all the same!” He lunged forward with his spear, which Swampert parried against with the sword. Vincent brought the spear back, flying up a few feet and striking from a higher distance towards Swampert’s head. Swampert blocked with the sword again, but Vincent brought his spear back and attacked from behind. Swampert did a backwards somersault and met Vincent with another parry. He held the sword in place, forcing against Vincent’s spear. Vincent did the same, forcing against the sword. Both of them held their positions and neither of them could afford to fall back. Suddenly Vincent tilted his spear, flipping the sword right out of Swampert’s hands. He brought the spear down in a swiping motion, reopening the past wound and making it deeper. “Now, I’ll finish you!” Vincent exclaimed, about to deal the final blow to Swampert’s heart, when suddenly Combusken, wearing the Breastplate, appeared from seemingly nowhere, grabbed the sword and used it to drive Vincent backwards. “Urgh…You!” Vincent exclaimed defiantly. “How can you wield that armor?” “Because I will succeed Swampert and free my parents from your grip of tyranny!” With that he took Vincent by surprise, giving him a deep gash in his leg. Vincent was both irritated and surprised how someone as small as Combusken could cut through his dragon scales, as Swampert was completely unable to perform that feat. Combusken continued. “You are the cruelest beast in existence, Vincent. I vow this day that one day soon, I will kill you, and you will be no more. You have been warned.” “Urgh…” Vincent winced from his wound. “We shall see who triumphs over whom. The next time we meet, Combusken, I will show no mercy…” He then flew off toward the south. Meanwhile Swampert was groaning in agony from the reopened wound. Bayleef treated to it, however Swampert began to lose faith that his wound would heal. That was countered by his great faith in Combusken shown by his display of almost cutting Vincent’s leg open. However since the wound was deep, he had to rest for almost the entire voyage. By dawn the next day, a foreboding island appeared on the horizon. There was a deep trench similar to that of Lugia’s trench, an active volcano, and a tower that reached all the way past the clouds.
_ Element Island, home to the third piece of the Legendary Armor, was now their next challenge to conquer.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:04 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

_ Since the island was only slightly bigger than King Island, they figured they would not stay there for very long. Which was just as well…Vincent was now even more powerful, and Swampert was on the verge of dying. The trio disembarked the ship, leaving Kadabra to tend to Swampert, facing the challenge of Element Island. The landscape was in turmoil, probably from some great battle long ago. Perhaps the entities here were battling one another and destroying the landscape way back when. Surprisingly this was just the case, as the Avengers would soon find out. They decided to dive into the trench first. Once again, it was comprised of a maze of shining white bubbles, but this one was smaller than the last one. As they entered the bottom bubble, they saw their next opponent. It was a giant blue orca with red markings on its fins in the shape of a hand, and along its body as one long stripe. Its fins were tipped with four “fingers”, and its tail ended in a fan-like shape. This was their first fight here.
_ “Who dares disturb my slumber…?” it mumbled.
_ “We are Team Avengers, on a quest to defeat Wyvern King Vincent and to get the third piece of Legendary Armor. If we must fight you, then fight we shall.” Combusken’s reply was clear, yet demanding.
_ “You dare challenge the lord of the sea?!” it cried.
_ “Lord of the sea? Wasn’t that Lugia?”
_ “No, Lugia is merely guardian of the sea. I am Kyogre, Lord of the Sea! Prepare for battle!”
_ With this it immediately attacked with Hydro Pump. Combusken quickly ran out of the way, countering with Flamethrower. This had little effect though, unlike Bayleef’s Razor Leaf. Kyogre countered this with an Ice Beam aimed at Bayleef. Combusken quickly intervened with a Flamethrower, turning the Ice Beam back on Kyogre, combined with Flamethrower. Kyogre then darted forward then Body Slammed Combusken, using its weight to slowly drain him. Wartortle quickly rushed up with Skull Bash, knocking Kyogre off. Kyogre then concentrated for a short time, and then let fly Hydro Pump and Ice Beam at the same time. Dodging both attacks, Combusken dashed up to Kyogre and pummeled it with High Jump Kick. Dazed, Kyogre could not concentrate on the fight, and quickly succumbed to another High Jump Kick launched by Combusken, followed up by Wartortle’s Skull Bash and Bayleef’s Body Slam. Kyogre had lost the battle, but it just shrugged it off.
_ “Nicely done. You have defeated me. Now head to the volcano, where my nemesis awaits. If you give me a rude awakening, at least give my rival one too. Good night.” With that Kyogre settled quietly down to sleep. As the trio resurfaced, they found a cave inside the volcano’s crater. They might as well climb it as it was a lead…a very good lead.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:18 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:44 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Yep. (And it's Groudon with two o's, but you're close. Not "Groundon". That's irritating.)

Chapter 27 (revised)

_ Going down deeper into the heart of the volcano, the air was getting hotter and more humid, making it hard to breathe down there. But Kyogre said its nemesis rested here, who the Avengers would probably need to battle. So descend they did, farther, farther, farther down, until they got to a large room with a pool of lava at the end. A deep voice emanated from the pool.
_ “Who dares disturb my slumber?” it shouted groggily.
_ (So this being is asleep as well…) thought the Avengers. “Who are you?” Combusken openly challenged.
_ “I represent the land…I carved out the land…My nemesis Kyogre made the seas…This place is surrounded by sea…But there is still a greater island bigger than the seas beyond here…It is all my realm…” Even though the voice was still groggy, it had a sense of embitterment toward the sea and everything related to it. So Kyogre and this beast were opposing entities of land and sea…But what about the high tower? Could that be the entity of the sky? Were they at strife with one another? All these questions and more bothered Combusken because he could not find the answers. But he knew he’d get his answers soon enough. “Show yourself, whoever you are!” he shouted. At that a giant beast stepped forth from the magma pool. It was like a giant armadillo with black connecting lines all over its body. From beneath those lines sometimes came a blue glow. Its underside was dark brown, but the rest of its body was red. Its tail was large, its hands were large tipped with large claws, and to top all that its mouth was lined with sharp teeth. “You dare to challenge me, Groudon, the King of the Land? So be it! Come!” He blasted out a Mud Shot at Combusken. It knocked him back, slowing him down. Wartortle came on strong with Bubblebeam, as Bayleef did with Razor Leaf, both of which had a significant impact on their adversary. Groudon then advanced, attacking both Bayleef and Wartortle with Slash, knocking them backward. Combusken shrugged the mud off and advanced, hitting Groudon’s underside with a High Jump Kick. This was evidently its weak spot, as it bent down over clutching its belly. However it was not finished. Groudon flexed its muscles, then jumped up and slammed back down – an Earthquake attack. Team Avengers lost their footing and Groudon, taking advantage of this, attacked with Fire Blast, hitting them all severely. However Combusken, his incredible resilience exhibiting itself once more, ran and attacked Groudon’s belly with High Jump Kick several times, then running back trying to avoid being crushed by Groudon as it fell down, defeated. It stumbled to its feet, groaning. “Grr…Well done. Now head to the tower leading above the clouds. There lies your last battle here on this island. Now leave me to rest.” Groudon then sunk back into the pool of magma. Emerging from the volcano crater, Team Avengers headed for the tower that headed above the clouds, and then it was out to sea again.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:43 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

I still give it 105,but now you're making the battles hurried and Combusken could even shake off an EARTHQUAKE! How did that happpen? Just add a bit more epicness into it,and make combusken actually NEED team avengers.(I know how I shouldnt be speaking,i mean look at my story :oops: )

Remember, I AM YOUR # ___ FAN!!!

go The Epic of {torchic}

Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:31 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

No, it's OK. Writers deserve a little criticism once in a while, but this is when my imagination was running dry for ideas for battles, so I focused more on the exploits of Combusken, the hero, as he journeys to slay Wyvern King Vincent. Around Chapter 12, it could no longer be really called "The Epic of Torchic", because he was now a Combusken. Well, now it can't be called "The Epic of Combusken" either, and also this chapter includes the most tragic moment in the entire story.

Chapter 28 (revised)
This chapter is also really long.

_ The tower had many windows in it, and the interior consisted of a single spiral staircase with the steps attached to the walls. They climbed on and on, higher and higher. They felt they’d been climbing the steps for hours, even though it had only been fifteen minutes. But if you climb a staircase for that long, you’ll feel like it’s been an age and a year since you started. So it was with them. To add insult to injury, the air began to thin, making it harder to breathe. They had to take giant gasps just to get enough air to climb up the tower. Combusken’s sparkling golden plumage began to fade, as was his consciousness, but Bayleef helped him up the stairs as they climbed higher and higher. Soon they were above the clouds, looking down upon the white fluffy mass. Then they looked out one of the windows, and saw Sky High Peak in the distance far below them. And still the tower showed no sign of stopping. How could a tower be built this high, and what could survive up here? At last the staircase ended, and opened up onto a very dense cloud. Not only was the air extremely thin, but because of the altitude it was freezing. They compelled themselves to not look down, as they would be struck dizzy and fall to certain death. From that high up they would never live, but die before they reached the ground. The sky here was very dark. They looked up and saw the stars, brighter than ever, magnificent, so close Combusken reached out to touch them, but they were still far away. Were they in space? Had they traveled that far up? Would they be able to battle up here with the thin air? Then a dark snake-like figure whooshed across the sky. It came down and alighted on the ground. It was a sort of serpentine dragon, green from head to tail. It had red and yellow markings similar in shape to those of Kyogre’s and Groudon’s. Its arms and hands were very small; apparently this thing did not use them much.
_ “What are you surface-dwellers doing here?” Its voice was deep and commanding.
_ Combusken spoke up as much as he could. “We’ve come to battle you. We have defeated both Kyogre and Groudon, the entities of sea and land. I assume you are the entity of the sky.” As he spoke he felt like his throat was burning. Well, you get it.
_ “Defeated them both? And you dare to climb my tower?”
_ “Whatever it takes to get the third piece of Armor that you have.”
_ “Well said. But can you survive my wrath?”
_ The dragon soared up high and came down using a move similar to Lugia’s Body Slam tactic. Combusken nimbly stepped to the side to attack with a Flamethrower, but the dragon was too fast and could not be countered. The flying serpent came up again to repeat the incredibly fast attack, but it was avoided with a sidestep. Once again the attack was repeated, but it was sidestepped once more. The dragon tried a different tactic. It charged white energy within its mouth and released it in one devastating blast – Hyper Beam. The trio quickly ran to the side of the attack, which tore a gaping hole in the cloud where it struck. The hole was filled up by the surrounding water vapor, but the dragon had to rest after the blast which unfortunately had not hit at all. This Pokemon was powerful, but at the cost of reduced accuracy. The Avengers saw their moment and pummeled the dragon with Bubblebeam, Flamethrower, and Razor Leaf. These attacks were almost to none effect…the Dragon type was highly resistant to Fire, Water, and Grass, not to mention Electric besides. The dragon quickly recovered, very angered at its attack missing its adversaries completely. It flew upwards, screaming at the top of its lungs: “So you dare to defy me! Me! Rayquaza, the Lord of the Sky!” So that was its name…Rayquaza. They would not forget it. Not like they needed to. Rayquaza began to glow bright red all over. “You sidestepped my Extremespeed, avoided my Hyper Beam…Now, face my Outrage!” So Extremespeed was the name of its first attack. Now this attack, Outrage…what could it do? They immediately found out. Their foe launched giant fireballs from its body in all directions. The Avengers did their best to dodge these deadly projectiles. Wartortle tucked into his shell, attempting to Rapid Spin a circle around the cloud. Bayleef was less fortunate. As she was not very fast, she had trouble trying to dodge the attack, but although three of the balls hit her, she managed to pull up a Reflect. Rayquaza was astounded, not only at Bayleef’s reserves of stamina, but Combusken’s impressive nimbleness – not only was he dodging the fireballs, he was practically rubbing salt in Rayquaza’s idiomatic wound by jumping and somersaulting over and around the fireballs. The onslaught subsided, and Bayleef cured her wounds. However Rayquaza, still glowing red, let fly another volley of Outrage. (So, this attack is fueled by its own fury…) Combusken pondered. (Well, the angrier it gets, the weaker it becomes…) Once again they proceeded to do their best at dodging even more ammunition coming from various angles at them. Bayleef and Wartortle each got hit several times, but still they stood their ground. Combusken was almost about to reach his limit. With the constant somersaulting, he was using up most of his energy dodging the exertion of Rayquaza’s fury; still, it was better than being totally drained by getting hit. The fireballs stopped once more, however Rayquaza let fly one more onslaught of fireballs at them. They had a lot of trouble evading this bunch…in fact they didn’t do so well. All three of them got hit several times, but still they stood their ground. Rayquaza then stopped glowing, and fell back upon the cloud, dazed. They had all reached their limit, and they all knew it. However each side was determined to fight and win, but they were all afraid to make the first move. Combusken knew he had to think quickly, for if he waited too long, Rayquaza would unleash another Outrage and that would be the end for them. In his coughing and panting, he managed to muster speech. “Rayquaza…” “Gasp…I see you have reached your limit. Do you have any last words?” Combusken saw Wartortle slip into his shell. Clearly he could fight no more, and that meant…Combusken answered. “Just two. Think fast!” Gathering the remnants of his energy, Combusken jumped over to Wartortle and hurled him at Rayquaza’s head. The shell hit the dragon square in the temple, knocking it out cold. Combusken then collapsed…his fight had left him, but not forever. About five minutes later he got up and struggled to his feet. The others were still out cold, but Rayquaza soon got up. “Yes…You are the one…You have earned it, and more…” A shining orb came from the sky. Within it floated a helmet, as teal as the Legend Breastplate. It looked just as impenetrable too. “This is the Element Helm,” spoke Rayquaza. “With this you have the power of the elements protecting you. Long before us three entities fought, we made this for a true hero. Now it passes to you.” Wartortle and Bayleef soon got up, and instantly three beams shot forth from the Helm toward Team Avengers. The beams morphed them into even more powerful beings, more powerful than ever before. Wartortle grew much larger, his shell was perfectly round, and two large cannons protruded from the shell. He was the same Squirtle from Chapter 1, yet he was as his father from Chapter 2. Squirtle he once was, Blastoise he now is. Bayleef made a remarkable change too. The leaf on her head disappeared, and it was replaced by two antennae. The buds on her neck blossomed into a beautiful fragrant pink flower. And Combusken? His face was almost masked by feathers in the shape of a V, with the points running down the back of his head. His eyes, once barely noticeable, were now a bright blue. His hands were tipped with claws, however he as a Combusken did not use his arms, he used his legs, which were longer, more robust, and were filled with energy. Around his wrists and ankles he generated rings of fire, making his attacks blaze with burning passion. And although shiny Blaziken are usually dark red, his gold plumage stuck. In fact, he was gold from his head to his feet. His feathers were gold. His arms and hands were gold. His legs and feet were gold. His eyes…were blue. (Gotcha.) He felt as if a wild beast was running through him, knowing now he would be strong enough to defeat Vincent even without the fourth and last piece of armor. Blaziken then whispered something to Rayquaza, who then flew off without another word, and the Avengers descended the tower to their ship. Their friends were astonished at their new appearance, and they in turn were astonished at two things: Kadabra evolved into an Alakazam, and a pressing piece of news that shocked them to their very cores.
_ Swampert was dead.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:10 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

_ “No! How is this possible!” screamed Blaziken. He was surprised by his own deep, full voice.
_ “When Vincent reopened the wound, it became infected. Swampert got worse and worse and worse… His last words were for me to tell you: ‘Make...the most of…everything…’ Then he left us.” Alakazam’s reply was morbid.
_ “That’s another life Vincent has wrecked,” answered Blaziken. “We can’t let him destroy another.” He took the goldenrod out of his plumage, which made the goldenrod appear pale. “We head to Eastport, then off to Mind Island, in the southeast. We leave now!” The ship set off without another word. Everyone helped the ship move onward, and they put their full strength into moving the vessel. As they rowed onward, Blaziken looked toward the land. He saw a large, dark volcano, towering above the landscape like a red obelisk. This only fuelled the fire within him to kill Vincent. They reached Eastport before the day was over. By everyone using their full power, they cut the travel time by 30 percent. Everyone took a much-needed rest, but Blaziken was up long past moonrise. Meganium finally compelled him to go to sleep, insisting that if he did not, he would be weak in the morning. The next day was fast upon them, and at dawn after they said their goodbyes they headed for the southeast. Blaziken was silent throughout the entire voyage. A matter was pressing heavily on his mind. What is Vincent doing? Is he ruining more Pokemon’s lives? Should I just have gone off to kill him at Eastport? A visit from Blastoise put him back to reality. His voice was now deeper than Blaziken’s.
_ “Hey, buddy, what’s the matter?”
_ “I was thinking about my parents and Vincent.”
_ “Oh…Well, we’re making good time. We should be at Mind Island by first thing tomorrow.”
_ Suddenly Blaziken lost it. “Tomorrow? Tomorrow!? I can’t wait that long! We have to get there now!”
_ “We’re going as fast as we can…”
_ “It’s not fast enough! Why isn’t the ship fast enough?!”
_ Blastoise put a hand on Blaziken’s shoulder, restoring his sanity. “Thank you, Blastoise. I…I am just anxious, that is all.”
_ “It happens to all of us. Just try not to dwell on it.”
_ Suddenly a Crawdaunt came down. “Captains, we’ve sighted something on the southern horizon.” Blaziken and Blastoise rushed out following Crawdaunt. “There,” the crab said. They looked out. This was even stranger than Flight Island. It was an island all right, but it seemed to be dotted with little huts, with a forest nearby. Not to mention that it was wrapped in a rainbow colored aura. This was one weird island. But, it had to be Mind Island. This was it. After this stop, Vincent was going down.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:04 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

_ Team Avengers disembarked off of the ship. Instantly they were plagued with a painful headache and dashed back onto the ship, rubbing their heads and rolling on the deck. Ouch. Alakazam accompanied them in an effort to dispel the energy, which succeeded, though not without a tiny headache for each. Still it was better than feeling your brain was going to explode. They began at a small hut with two doors. Inside were two large staircases leading down into the earth. They climbed down to the bottom, and were in a small room with two large doors. Blaziken went up to one and tried to open it, but it was stuck. Blastoise tried but he couldn’t either. Then Alakazam thought of the answer – since there seemed to be two of everything, open both doors at the same time. It worked…and behind them was one large room, with – you guessed it – two Pokemon. They both looked like jet planes. They were hovering above the ground. They had small arms, no legs, and two large “wings”. They also had long necks with a large circle on each head. One was blue, and the other was red. They were their respective color all over, except their necks were white, and they had a triangle on their chest of the color of its partner. Also, the blue one was serious, but the red one was pleasant. The blue one spoke.
_ “Who are you and why have you come here?” it said with a demanding voice.
_ Meganium was at first puzzled that they looked so alike. “Are you two clones?”
_ “No, we most certainly are not,” responded the blue.
_ The red one hovered forward and spoke in a gentler voice. “We are brother and sister. He is the brother, Latios, and I am the sister, Latias.”
_ “And why are you here?” demanded Latios.
_ “To get the last piece of Legendary Armor,” Blaziken responded.
_ “Then, you will have to defeat us both! Come!”
_ Latios tucked in his arms and soared full force into Blaziken, hitting him right in the chest. Blaziken fell back, groggy from the impact. Latias joined in firing a ball of something transparent. Blastoise surged forward with Rapid Spin, making the clear ball disintegrate, and it felt like mist. He plowed on, hitting Latios in the side knocking him into Latias like a bowling ball hit by a bigger bowling ball – a much bigger bowling ‘shell’. Meganium summoned a Reflect and leapt up and Body Slammed Latias hard. Latios answered Meganium with another head-on charge, making her fall back groggy also. Blaziken got up and dashed up to Latias with Blaze Kick, but was repelled by a Psychic. Blaziken’s mind was in terrible pain, but he tried not to let it show, and came on just as Latias stopped her attack. The Blaze Kick knocked her to the ground, her levitating force immediately springing her into the ceiling. Latias let out one more Mist Ball, her signature move, at Meganium, but Blastoise intercepted and the attack was to almost none effect. Latios decided to end the battle quickly now that his sister was defeated, and unleashed his signature move Luster Purge, blinding the trio with a bright light. Latios then surged forward again, but this time Blaziken was prepared. As Latios came at him, Blaziken grabbed his head, stopping him. The Golden Avenger then threw him across the room, landing on top of his sister, knocking them both unconscious. Not long after they both got up.
_ “A nice bout,” Latias said. “Well, it seems you have defeated us.”
_ “Indeed,” her brother continued. “This island is a confusing place. Getting our piece of armor, the Mind Shield, is not as easy as it seems. You may have to defeat all of us, but there is more than just that. Head for the object shaped like a meteor. That place is confounding, but you should make it through. Now please leave us be.”
_ Blaziken and company left the twin Pokemon’s hut, and headed for the object shaped like a meteor. It was too small to be a meteor, but was there some relation between it and space? They found out.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:16 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Hm...7 votes for Mudkip? Man I hate Mudkip...he's overrated. Anyway...

Chapter 31 (revised)

_ This place was weird. Not only was it poorly lit, but shadows of something strange seemed to appear and disappear as they got further into this meteor cave. Then one of the shadows seemed to come to life, and a strange sinister being appeared. Blastoise fired off Bubblebeam and the thing dissipated. At the end of the cave tunnel was a door. They opened it, and found a Pokemon in the room behind it. Or was it even a Pokemon? It looked like that sinister being back in the tunnel. It was a bright orange with blue. Its head was shaped almost like a football with two cans sticking out of the sides. These ‘cans’ had a blue stripe each. The face was blue with two strange eyes, a purple stripe down the middle, but no mouth. Its body was square, with a purple jewel in the center, resting upon a small round waist. Instead of arms it had an orange tendril and a blue tendril on either side. The tendrils then shifted into an orange arm with a blue stripe and underside. Its legs were shaped like boomerangs with a blue stripe each, and it had no feet. And it scared the living daylights out of them. This was signaled by a short, loud scream.
_ “W-what are you?” Meganium stammered.
_ “I want to ask you the same question.” It responded with a cold, metallic voice.
_ “I am Blaziken, and these are my friends. We come seeking the Mind Shield, and we shall defeat you if need be.”
_ “I am Deoxys, a being from space, and now one of the seven guardians of the Mind Shield.”
_ “Seven…So after you, there will be four left, as we fought the two siblings.”
_ “Yes, the Eon Pokemon Latias and Latios. The battles here are sinisterly frustrating, and I am no exception! Let’s go!”
_ Deoxys charged up for an attack, but since it was slow, Blaziken attacked him with a Flamethrower. The Flamethrower was powerful as it blew Deoxys’ arm clean off. Much to Blaziken’s shock and dismay (but mostly shock), Deoxys grew its arm back. Incensed, Deoxys surged forward levitating and Mega Punched Blaziken back. He stumbled back but started up again with another Flamethrower, blowing Deoxys’ arm off again, which regrew immediately. (How can I win?) Blaziken thought. (When I blow off his arm, he just grows it back. Maybe I just need to wear him out…) Deoxys summoned numerous clones of himself, which had darker colors and no eyes (but still had eyesockets).
_ “They’re everywhere!” Meganium exclaimed. There were at least fifty clones rushing at them, holding them off. The clones rushed them, strangling them with their tendrils. They tried attacking but the attacks were evaded. Deoxys seemed to be charging up for a devastating attack. Blaziken knew how to end the battle. He yanked the clone off him and began to glow bright red. He ran forward to Deoxys, the clones following him, then when he was close to Deoxys, who was about to unleash its signature move Psycho Boost, Blaziken suddenly exploded. He wiped out all the clones and destroyed most of Deoxys’ body, but the pearl was indestructible. Now the Blast Burn’s power was obvious. That was the quickest battle they ever had to go through; it was over in twenty seconds. Deoxys regrew the rest of its body and admitted defeat.
_ “You defeated me with such speed…How astounding. Very well, I have lost. Now, go to the forest for your next battle.” The Avengers then left the meteor tunnel cave. There seemed to be one surprise after another here…

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:21 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

This chapter is another long one.

_ As they walked toward the forest, they found the trees closely packed together, making it hard to go deeper in. They seemed to see something whoosh past them through the woods, but looking around they saw nothing. They walked and walked and walked.
_ “Do you suppose this is some kind of…trick forest?” posed Blastoise. “You know, where you keep on walking but you get nowhere?”
_ “No,” answered Meganium. “I sense the trees…This is just a very deep forest, that’s all.”
_ Eventually the forest came to a clearing, and in that clearing was another strange hut, also descending downward. There was vegetation everywhere in here. The walls, the smells, even the stairs they were descending…all of it was some kind of plant. At last they reached a door made of vegetation. Blaziken could have burned everything up (presumably), but he decided to play it safe and not do so. Besides, it would have angered Meganium to no end. They opened the door…and the four of them (don’t forget Alakazam) were instantly accosted by soldiers, Bulbasaur and Ivysaur all. One of them holding a short spear prodded Blaziken and asked, “Who are you and what is your business?”
_ Blaziken answered, with a slightly mocking tone, “That’s no way to ask someone. Who taught you manners?”
_ “That’s none of your business! Now answer my question!”
_ “If you ask me like that, you’re going to get nowhere.”
_ Bulbasaur was getting very frustrated. He was trapped, and Blaziken knew it. Whether the Bulbasaur knew it, it was doubtful, for his attitude didn’t change. He wasn’t going to concede to some stranger, even if he was bigger.
_ “Let’s see how you like being at the end of our spear points!”
_ Without giving Bulbasaur time to react, Blaziken tripped him up, grabbed his spear, and pointed it at the brat. “You were saying?” It was clearer than water that Blaziken was dead serious. His temperament sobered, Bulbasaur mellowed out. “Uh…Sorry to cause you any trouble, sir. So, why have you come to our forest?”
_ “We seek the Mind Shield,” Blaziken answered.
_ “The mind what?” This conjured much murmuring among the regiment.
_ “What’s he talking about?”
_ “Don’t know of a shield here…”
_ “Isn’t this Mind Island?”
_ Suddenly a loud voice called out, “What’s going on here?”
_ “Ah! My queen!” one shouted, and they all bowed faces to the ground. Team Avengers just looked around but saw nothing…then the vegetation in the back of the room parted, as a curtain, and the owner of the voice emerged. It was not very large, and even though its voice was feminine, it like Suicune was genderless. It was green all over, with small hands and feet. The top of its head was a darker green than usual, with two antennae at the base of the dark green. It had two large blue eyes encircled by thick black outlines. It also had four dainty wings allowing it to fly and hover. It came closer to Blaziken and spoke.
_ “Well, it seems we have visitors,” the pixie-like being spoke. “What are you doing here, pray tell?”
_ “I’m here looking for the Mind Shield,” answered Blaziken. But this time the soldiers were silent.
_ “Oh? Mind Shield? I can assure you there’s nothing of this nature here.”
_ “But, that’s impossible. It must be here.”
_ “Whoever told you must be mistaken.”
_ “I think that’s a load of baloney.” At this a shocked silence enveloped the room. Blaziken continued. “How can Latios, Latias, and Deoxys all be wrong?”
_ The pixie seemed to shrug this comment off. “You look tired…Maybe you are delirious? Come with my to my chamber please.”
_ Blaziken followed the queen reluctantly. “I’m telling you it’s the truth…”
_ “No, don’t be silly…”
_ The pixie closed the plant curtain and turned toward them. Apparently the curtain blocked out all outside sound, and vice versa. Blaziken was undoubtedly ticked.
_ “Okay, what is going on here? I’ve spent two days to get to this island, fought the Eon twins and Deoxys who clones itself over and over and over again, and it told me to come here for my next battle. I tell you, if I came here for nothing I’m going to scream.”
_ “The Mind Shield is here,” answered the pixie.
_ “What? Why didn’t you come straight out before, instead of pulling some sort of Jedi Mind Trick? By the way, what’s a Jedi?”
_ “That’s not really important. I wasn’t trying to fool you. I was trying to protect them,” responded the queen, pointing back in the direction they came. “They are happy here; they enjoy this life in the forest. They don’t like hearing the horrible news of the outside world; that’s why when outsiders like you come, I don’t want them knowing of the horrible outside world. By the way, the last visitor here…Swampert…Did he complete his quest? How is he now?”
_ “I came here for the same reason he did – to defeat the tyrant Vincent. He defeated him, but now Vincent has returned with a vengeance. And…”
_ “And what?”
_ “He…” Blaziken was unable to finish the sentence. Instead, tears started streaming from his eyes. He bent down, crying. “Vincent got his revenge,” he exclaimed between sobs. “Vincent killed him!! He’s dead! And I’ll return the favor by killing him!”
_ “What? No! How could this be…?”
_ “He had given him a scar before, and he reopened it, infecting the wound as he did so. We couldn’t save him…”
_ Without another word, the pixie disappeared. It reappeared in a place far out to sea, three days prior. Watching a ship from overhead, the pixie got its first glance of how fearsome and powerful Vincent was.

_ “Now, I’ll finish you!” Vincent exclaimed, about to deal the final blow to Swampert’s heart, when suddenly Combusken, wearing the Breastplate, appeared from seemingly nowhere, grabbed the sword and used it to drive Vincent backwards. “Urgh…You!” Vincent exclaimed defiantly. “How can you wield that armor?” “Because I will succeed Swampert and free my parents from your grip of tyranny!” With that he took Vincent by surprise, giving him a deep gash in his leg. Vincent was both irritated and surprised how someone as small as Combusken could cut through his dragon scales, as Swampert was completely unable to perform that feat. Combusken continued. “You are the cruelest beast in existence, Vincent. I vow this day that one day soon, I will kill you, and you will be no more. You have been warned.” “Urgh…” Vincent winced from his wound. “We shall see who triumphs over whom. The next time we meet, Combusken, I will show no mercy…” He then flew off toward the south. Meanwhile Swampert was groaning in agony from the reopened wound. Bayleef treated to it, however Swampert began to lose faith that his wound would heal. That was countered by his great faith in Combusken shown by his display of almost cutting Vincent’s leg open. However since the wound was deep, he had to rest for almost the entire voyage.
_ Inconspicuously the pixie queen snuck below decks and placed magic dust upon Swampert’s wound while he slept, all of this without being seen. The pixie then reappeared at where Blaziken was.
_ “So that was Vincent. I could see his power…But I could see yours too…You cut his leg open. Cutting through dragon scales is something no one has done before.”
_ “What? How…How did you do that? What happened?”
_ “I can travel back through time. I saw you use the sword. Oh, but I just remembered I have not told you my name. I am Celebi, ruler of the forest. I see you are here to battle me?”
_ “Yes, yes we are. And we will win no matter what.”
_ “Then let us see your power!”
_ Celebi unleashed a Psychic attack on Blaziken, but since the whole island was filled with malignant air, he was unaffected, but instead came on with a Flamethrower. Celebi flew around it and threw a seed at Blaziken, sprouting vines which ensnared Blaziken, draining his energy. “Ah! Leech Seed…” Blaziken was unable to wriggle out, as his energy was almost gone. Blastoise, seeing his friend in peril, charged at Celebi with Rapid Spin. His bulk knocked Celebi far back, and came back toward Blaziken. His revolving speed attracted the seed to Blastoise and it spun off. Blaziken, now able to fight, launched a Flamethrower straight at Celebi. It enveloped Celebi completely, severely damaging Celebi, who used one last tactic to win the battle. It disappeared. Not like the fast speed of Raikou, Entei, and Suicune – I mean really vanished. “Gah!!” screamed Blaziken. “Time travel! That’s not fair!” Then Alakazam, who had been staying unnoticed for so long (but not forgotten), offered another solution. He used his psychic powers with a Reflect to stop Ho-Oh, now he and Blaziken were going to chase Celebi. Mustering all his energy together, he touched his spoons together and tore a hole right through reality. Alakazam had gained the ability to travel through time! Blaziken knew this was only temporary, so they had to act quickly. They were in a zero-gravity environment, floating around aimlessly, and then they saw Celebi. Unaware that it was being followed, Celebi was caught unawares by Blaziken’s Flamethrower. “So, you thought you’d undo this whole battle? I think not!” Blaziken shouted after Celebi. Alakazam then went back through the hole he first tore through and closed it up again. Celebi then reappeared, stunned from the battle.
_ “How…how could you follow me through time?”
_ “Never underestimate the capabilities of psychic power,” Alakazam answered.
_ “All the same, you won. Your next destination is the small hut with pink paint on it. There your fifth opponent awaits. Now please escort yourselves out.”
_ “Won’t they wonder what happened to you?”
_ “Oh, I go time traveling for long periods of time. They’ve gotten used to it.”
_ As such they walked out of the room, the guards completely silent. Meganium stopped suddenly and looked around. “You okay, Meganium?” “Yes, I’m fine. Let’s go.” Getting out of the forest was not as irritating as getting in. Then they began to look for the pink hut. Yet another puzzle awaited them. No wonder this is called Mind Island – the Pokemon here make you use your mind more.

Feedback from someone...from anyone! (Like The Obsidian Wolf...I don't think he's seen this...)

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:53 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

2010-you still are making Magneium useless (other than lots of money) and
you mak it seem as if all Blaziken needs to do is use a move,So your final statemant about Mind Island is FALSE.

I am your #1 fan ( i think)

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:15 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

your mark has increased.

2010-you still are making Magneium useless (other than lots of money) and
you mak it seem as if all Blaziken needs to do is use a move,So your final statemant about Mind Island is FALSE.

I am your #1 fan ( i think)

That Meganium money thing was just a perk - it was just for that part. After all, how else do you suspect they'd pay for a ship?

And what do you mean, it's false? Think about it: defeat 2 Pokemon at once, then one that keeps regenerating itself (confession: even though I like Deoxys I couldn't think of anything besides Blast Burn), and one that tries to delude you and can undo what happened? Not to mention the ones coming up.

Also, Blaziken is really my main focus - even though he has his friends, he is in a sense the "Chosen One", and Chosen Ones are usually solo fighters. (I can explain as much as I can without ruining the rest of the story for you.) At least you comment - no one else seems to care anymore... :cry:
Watch this post for tomorrow's installment, Chapter 33.

EDIT: OK, here's Chapter 33! (This one is kinda long too)
(revised)

_ The pink hut was found almost immediately. It, like all the others, had a stairway leading deep into the earth. And, at the bottom, was another door. On the other side was – surprise surprise – another Pokemon. Put simply it looked like a small floating pink cat with large blue eyes, a long tail bulging at the end, and feet disproportionately large to its body. That was it, nothing really special. Could something this small be their next challenge? Then again, Celebi was pretty small. Perhaps this cat thing was it.
_ “Ooh! Visitors!” it squealed. It began spinning around their heads. “I haven’t had visitors in a long time. What are you doing here?”
_ Blaziken answered. “Uh, who are you, and why are you spinning around our heads? It’s somewhat annoying.”
_ “Oh, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make you mad, I was just having fun!”
_ (This one’s had a little toooo much coffee,) Blaziken thought. “Having fun!?” He was mad at his little flashback:

_ “Sorry, I couldn’t help myself,” he replied.
_ “Help yourself?” retorted Torchic. “What kind of Pokemon are you?”
_ “I’m a Squirtle, of course,” came the answer. “I’m sorry if I upset you.”

_ Actually there was another flashback:

_ Torchic angrily shouted, “Why were you throwing pebbles at us!?” The Mankey stammered “I w-w-was j-j-just having f-fun!” Squirtle joined in with “Well it wasn’t very funny! Now leave! Or do you want us to fight you?”

_ Then he realized this strange kitten, like Squirtle way back when (but not the Mankey), only meant well. “Sorry, I just had…a somewhat unpleasant flashback. Anyway, who are you?”
_ (Unpleasant flashback?) thought Blastoise. (Oh…Me, or the Mankey…?)
_ “I’m Mew!” the kitten replied. “I’m so happy to have visitors! I haven’t had visitors in a long time! So, why are you here?”
_ “Well, Mew, I believe we have to battle you,” replied Blaziken.
_ “Battle me? Don’t be silly! We don’t have to fight! We can just have fun!”
_ “No, Mew. This is urgent. I’m here for the Mind Shield. Celebi told me to come here. And, I think we will have to battle you too.”
_ “The Mind Shield? Is that what you’re here for?”
_ “Unfortunately yes. If I had more time to spare I’d drop by for a visit. But I can’t let Vincent keep torturing my parents. So prepare yourself.”
_ “If you are going to battle me,” Mew responded, the happy peppy voice seemingly gone, “then you are going down!”
_ (A mood swing from happy to serious? The coffee must be espresso…) thought Blaziken. (Wait! What’s espresso? And what’s coffee?) “Blastoise, do you know what espresso and coffee are?”
_ “Esperanzo? Koffing?”
_ “Oh, never mind.”
_ Mew unleashed Psychic, but since all of Blaziken’s opponents tried that move on him, he got wise to the trick. He moved in and struck with Blaze Kick. Mew countered with flinging a rock fist – Registeel’s Ancientpower attack. It socked him hard and he jumped back to the other side of the room. Blastoise let forth Hydro Pump which hit Mew hard. Mew countered with a Thunderbolt, hitting Blastoise hard as well. Mew’s tail then turned green and long, and began to lash Blastoise severely. Meganium knocked Mew off balance with a Body Slam, morphing Mew’s tail back to normal, but the cat launched a Flamethrower from its mouth.
_ (Psychic, Thunderbolt, Vine Whip, Flamethrower AND Ancientpower?) Blaziken pondered. (What is Mew capable of?) A whole lot more apparently. When Blaziken unleashed Flamethrower, Mew conjured a pink bubble surrounding itself completely. “Haha! You can’t get past my bubble shield!” “We will see about that!” Blaziken retorted, and ran up to Mew glowing bright red, unleashing Blast Burn. It broke the bubble shield and Mew fell back against the wall. Mew then used Haze to envelop the room. Team Avengers could not see a thing, neither Mew nor each other. The haze cleared, but Mew was no longer there. Instead there were two Meganiums.
_ “What are you waiting for! Get Mew!” one of them said.
_ “Yeah right! You’re Mew! I’m the real Meganium!”
_ “You wish! Blaziken, get Mew!”
_ Mew was obviously trying to confuse Blaziken into thinking it was the real Meganium. Blaziken had to think of a way to find out who was real and who was the impostor. He proclaimed, “All right. I know one of you is real, and one of you is fake. I could attack you both at the same time, or I could be clever about it and snuff you out, Mew.” He then walked over to one of the Meganium, and sniffed its petals. It smelt of peaches. He did not want to say anything, lest the faker try to imitate the smell. He walked over to the second Meganium, but its petals also smelled of peaches. “Hmm…” Blaziken was amazed that the faker copied the smell of Meganium’s petals, but he still doubted. He sniffed the first Meganium’s petals again. This time they smelt like roses. Then he walked over to the second Meganium and sniffed its petals. This time, the petals smelt like……nothing. He smelt nothing. “A-haa!!” he screamed, and attacked the unquestioned faker with a Blaze Kick. “Looks like you were limited in that aspect, Mew. You are going down!” “You can’t defeat me!” Mew responded defiantly. “All Pokemon spawn from me!” “If that is true, then the student shall surpass the master! Die!” Blaziken let out a Flamethrower, but Mew pulled up a pink bubble again. The Flamethrower however shattered the bubble knocking Mew back once more. Mew used another Haze obstructing everyone’s sight. When the haze cleared there were now two Blastoise. “Pfft…Not again,” Blaziken remarked mockingly. “I’ll just find out which one is the real…Oh look! A diversion!” One of the Blastoise turned in the direction Blaziken pointed. “Where?” it said. “Sike!” Blaziken replied, kicking the fake hard in the rear. (I spelt ‘sike’ differently so you’d know what I was talking about. It should be ‘psych’.) Mew lost the hold on its transformation and morphed to normal. Blastoise and Meganium joined in with Hydro Pump and Solarbeam. Mew then attacked with Explosion, blowing the Avengers into the wall. It was followed up with another Haze, and when the Haze cleared there were two Blaziken this time. Immediately Team Avengers utterly thrashed the fake with Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon. How did they know? Simple. Mew failed to mimic Blaziken’s color, either because it was exhausted from battle, or it just couldn’t replicate the golden shine. There was no doubting that Mew was defeated. Mew then got up quickly.
_ “Wow! What a great battle! That was astounding!”
_ (The happy happy Mew again? Is this Pokemon crazy…?) Blaziken thought. Then he spoke out loud. “That was…pant pant…difficult. Now what do we do?”
_ “Well go the hut right next to mine for your next battle. If you thought I was hard, you have another thing coming! When you have time, come visit me again! Bye bye!”
_ The trio left, obviously perturbed by Mew’s disturbing mood swings. Blastoise then asked Blaziken a question. “Did you say coffee or Koffing? I think coffee is a tree with beans that once eaten make people go crazy. Koffing of course is a Pokemon. But I couldn’t figure out the espresso thing.” “Don’t bother; I think it’s self-explanatory.” The hut right next to Mew’s was larger, and within it lied something the same and the opposite of Mew – while Mew was all happy happy, this Pokemon was callous and twisted.

LOL, Espresso Coffee.

Last edited by DNA on Sat May 05, 2007 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next