It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Three's Company 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Psyches again, here is another new fan fiction. It's set between Emerald and Diamond series, you'll see a few of the fourth generation Pokemon toward the later chapters. This is a little different to your usual fan fiction but I hope you like the twisting plotline... Enjoy!

The sun was shining, the Pidgey were chirping and perhaps most interestingly, a cyclist was speeding toward Celadon City with a Charmander on her back. The cyclist pulled up in front of the Pokemon Centre and leapt from the bike, Charmander landing beside the black boots they wore. As they removed their helmet their short brown haircut flicked out into the air. She was wearing long black pants with huge flares and a pink and black short sleeved blouse.
“I’m Tori,” She said to Nurse Joy as the doors slid open, “And I got a message to say I had to stop off at the nearest Pokemon Centre,”
“Oh, of course… Only,” Nurse Joy hesitated for a moment, sizing up the sixteen year-old.
“What?” Tori asked with a hint of impatience.
“I just presumed you’d be older, that’s all. Come with me,” Nurse Joy finished. Tori fought hard not to roll her eyes. Usually she liked Nurse Joy but the remark about Tori’s age really wasn’t necessary. Tori stepped into a small room with a video screen. It lit up at once.
“Hello Tori,” Professor Oak said with a smile.
“Listen, Professor, if this is about the Gym battle, I really didn’t know the floor was that unstable. I seriously didn’t mean to demolish the place,” Tori said quickly.
“No, no, Brock and his family aren’t concerned in the slightest about the damages to their Gym. Well… they aren’t anymore that is… I mean, Flint was rather violent for the first few days and his poor wife did nothing but cry… As for Brock… he went awfully quiet… But he was always quiet… They’re good kids really, I mean-”
“Professor!” Tori interrupted, “What did you drag me in here for?”
“Ah yes, you see, when a new region of land is discovered, the Pokemon Professor of the region closest to it is the one in charge of mapping and charting the new region and its Pokemon. Only this new island is exactly the same distance from the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn regions. So The Professors and I decided we would each go. Only I’ve decided to send you in my place since I’m so busy,” Professor Oak rambled.
“But Professor, Birch and Elm won’t want to be mapping a new area with a sixteen year-old, surely,” Tori laughed.
“No, they won’t. So they’ll send you back here and do it themselves. That way I get out of doing any work! Anyway Tori, I’ve got to go, a boat is leaving from Vermillion tomorrow morning, make sure you’re onboard. See you!”

“Oakley!” Professor Birch called. He slapped the young boy on the back as he pulled him inside. Oakley had short black hair and a pair of sunglasses. He was wearing a green and white jacket over a black shirt and jeans and at his side was a Castform that bobbed up and down with each step Oakley took.
“New region to be mapped, boy,” Professor Birch began.
“So you want me to run the lab while you’re away?” Oakley assumed.
“No, no, no!” Birch hushed, “I’ve been intercepting ol’ Professor Oak’s phone calls, turns out he’s sending along some teenage delinquent in his place so Elm and I send her back and do all the work ourselves. If he wants to pull a swift one, I’m doing the same. You go in my place and when Elm sends the two of you back he’ll have to do all the work,” Birch told Oakley.
“Sounds wicked, sir,” Oakley smiled.
“And don’t I know it,” Birch said with a sly grin. The eavesdropper shook his head. Lunatone and Solrock stopped their continuous spiral of the laboratory and let the image they had created fade away. Professor Elm could no longer see and hear everything Professor Birch was saying.
“If that’s the way those two meddlers want to play the game then I won’t be going. Their two teenage brats can map the whole island themselves,” Elm spat. He turned and marched away. A young boy with short brown hair stepped into the room. He’d been listening at the door.
“I can’t let those two teenagers go to that island all alone, they’ll be in trouble,” He said. The boy picked up his bag and threw a Pokedex, some Pokeballs and a few berries into the main pouch. Lunatone and Solrock watched as he printed a ticket for the St. Annie and moved toward the door. He seemed to run into an invisible force field. Picking himself up from the floor and dusting off his striped shirt and baggy cargo pants, he turned to see Lunatone and Solrock eyeing him suspiciously.
“What’s wrong?” He asked. They moved closer and continued to glare.
“Look guys, don’t worry, I’ll be back to look after you as soon as I’ve made sure those two kids are okay. Don’t worry, you’ll have your pal Scott back before you know it,” Scott reassured them. It still didn’t seem enough, so Scott took two Pokeballs from his backpack and held them out to the psychic Pokemon. In another moment he had them clipped to his belt and was running toward the Olivine Port.

“All aboard!” The guard called. Tori bustled past, holding Charmander tightly in her arms. She couldn’t see the flash of lab coat anywhere that would indicate one of the Professors. A cute boy in sunglasses seemed to be looking for someone as well, but Tori lost sight of him as she climbed upstairs for a better view of the whole ship. The St. Annie was far too big to look for anyone properly so Tori settled into a comfortable deck chair and dropped her Pokeballs beside her. Charmander, Wurmple, Pupitar and Machop spread out on the topmost deck and Tori was soon drifting off to sleep in the warm sun. Meanwhile, Oakley was busy at the very far end of the ship. He was watching the propellers with a disapproving smirk. He threw two Pokeballs into the cascading waters below him and with an explosion of water; Wailord appeared just before Gyarados leapt into the sky. Oakley jumped from the ship and landed on Gyarados’ back. He swam close to Wailord and yelled as loud as he could in the Pokemon’s ear. The sound of the propellers drowned out most of Oakley’s words but Wailord had received this order before and knew exactly what to do. Gyarados jumped high into the air, dropping Oakley back on the ship before returning to its Pokeball. Wailord ducked under the ship and soon the St Annie was travelling far too quickly. Oakley clung to the railing and laughed as he saw the water whiz by even faster. A few shrieks and a crashing sound punctuated the boy’s joy until finally he realized the guards were getting rather unsettled. He reached his Pokeball over the side of the ship and called out to Wailord. The Pokemon disappeared and the St Annie seemed to drop a few metres further into the water. Wailord’s Pokeball was back on Oakley’s belt and he walked back toward the front of the ship as a young boy in a striped shirt ran past him. Scott searched frantically, but he had no idea what the two teenagers looked like, let alone what to tell them once he found them. He just felt obliged to tell them that the Professors were not coming. If no one told them they could end up out in uncharted territory for weeks, who knew when the Professor’s were supposed to be getting picked up? Lunatone jumped out of its Pokeball and hovered by Scott’s ear.
“Do you have any idea how we can find the other two guys?” Scott asked Lunatone. Lunatone answered by spinning in a circle.
“I presume that’s a ‘no’ then?” Scott sighed. Solrock was bobbing up and down in the sky in a few more moments, not to be outdone by its twin brother, Lunatone. Together the three of them managed to find a beautiful girl sitting on a deck chair. Scott eyed the Charmander suspiciously.
“There aren’t many Charmander left in the wild, to get that she’d have to be in league with Professor Oak. I reckon she’s the teenager Professor Oak sent,” Scott told Lunatone. Solrock shook its head, or rather, its entire being, and moved forward.
“Solrock! What are you doing?” Scott whispered. Solrock turned around to face Scott, still floating toward Tori, and gave him a glare.
“SOL!” Solrock called in a deep grumbling voice. It happened like clockwork- Machop and Charmander were ready for battle while Pupitar leapt onto Tori’s lap and prepared a barrier. Wurmple seemed transfixed by Solrock and inched closer, the only sound anyone aware of being the squeaking noise Wurmple made as it shuffled over to Solrock. Wurmple peered up at Solrock, who cast a look of loathing at the bug. What happened was so fast that none were sure how to describe it. It seemed that Solrock made to attack Wurmple, who replied promptly with a very well directed String Shot that knocked Solrock flying backward. It seemed that the noise woke up Tori and she immediately jumped to her feet.
“What’s going on? Who attacked me?” She yelled. A boy with sunglasses came running up behind them, a Pokeball in his hand. He saw Tori’s Pokemon ready for battle; then he saw Solrock throwing off the remnants of a String Shot and Lunatone hovering next to Scott. The Pokeball he was holding slipped to the floor where it bounced once and opened. Scott’s breath was caught in his throat. The Pokemon appeared with a great and mighty roar. Tropius shook its leafy wings and roared once more, bending its head down to let spit fly into Tori’s Pokemon’s faces.
“I’m sick of this, Charmander, get ready for a Flamethrower, Pupitar shield them with Protect!” Pupitar gave a shriek and a blue light appeared around Tori’s Pokemon while Charmander leapt high into the air. As the tiny orange Pokemon landed on the deck it released a searing flamethrower. As Tropius recoiled, the flames causing it to utter a long moan, Machop jumped through the flames to hit the Pokemon on the head with a Karate Chop. Oakley laughed and put his hand in the air, then bought it down with three fingers sticking out. Tropius lunged at Tori’s deck chair, surrounded by her Pokemon. Scott couldn’t help but notice that while Tropius had engaged Tori’s Pokemon in battle, it hadn’t yet struck any of them. Sure enough, Scott saw the boy in sunglasses with another Pokemon behind him. Castform had transformed into a raindrop and the clouds overhead were growing darker. Scott had no idea what the boy was planning, but didn’t have time to think about it- Solrock was on the move again. It threw itself into the middle of the battle and let three large rings of psychic energy shoot from its body. Tropius and Machop seemed to be hit hard by the attack. Charmander shook its head free from the pain quickly and then jumped at Solrock. Its Ember was no use against Solrock’s rock component and Solrock conjured a Rock Slide to send Charmander cowering back to Tori. Meanwhile, just as Solrock seemed to dominate the battle, Wurmple jumped on its back with another of its ear-piercing shrieks. Solrock began to spin until finally Wurmple went flying away. Pupitar jumped into the air and caught Wurmple, the two falling onto Tori’s deck chair. Tori picked up Charmander and let Wurmple climb onto her shoulder.
“Who are you boys!?” She demanded to know. Scott opened his mouth but the reply came too late as the heavens above opened up and let an almighty torrent of rain hit Solrock. The entire ship started to rock uncontrollably but Scott was paralysed with fear as he saw Solrock sink from the air, a look of pain on its face as the rain soaked through its rocky skin. Lunatone shook Scott from his trance as the moon Pokemon shot across the deck and hit Castform with all its might. Lunatone tackled the Pokemon again before launching a Psywave attack that left Castform paralysed. Scott had an idea.
“Solrock, use your Sunny Day!” He called. Oakley and Tori both turned to look at him as Solrock mustered the strength to roll over onto its back and flash its eyes at the rain clouds above. The clouds parted instantly and the sun began to shine once more. Tori shook her head and threw her bag to the floor in a huff. Three Pokeballs rolled out onto the deck and Machop, Pupitar and Wurmple disappeared inside. Oakley followed suit and recalled Tropius and Castform. Scott put Solrock back into its Pokeball and handed Lunatone a berry for its hard work. He vowed to give one to Solrock later.
“I’m Oakley and I should warn you both I’m here on behalf of Professor Birch and I’m looking for Professor Oak and Professor Elm,” The boy in sunglasses said.
“I guess I’m looking for you then. Professor Oak sent me. Apparently he thinks Elm and Birch will send me back to Pallet Town and do all the work for Oak. If Birch has done the same with you I guess Elm will have to do everything himself,” Tori said.
“And your name would be?” Oakley asked.
“I’m Tori,”
“So how long have you been looking for me?” Oakley asked.
“I’ve been looking for the two of you since we left Vermillion,” Scott said fiercely, “My name’s Scott. Professor Elm knows what Oak and Birch are doing and he’s not coming at all. If I hadn’t come to warn the two of you then you’d have gotten off of the boat and be trapped in the middle of nowhere with no Pokemon Professors around. You’d be stuck on an island with no police and no other trainers, just the two of you and an entire undiscovered region. Luckily I’m here to warn you,” Scott said officially. Oakley and Tori had equal looks of sheer delight and ecstasy on their faces.
“No police?” Oakley asked.
“No other trainers?” Tori added.
“Yeah… and no parents…” Scott replied quietly. A smile crept onto Scott’s face.

The island was enormous. Two large mountains stood in the middle surrounded by a vast green forest.
“What are we going to call this place?” Tori asked.
“Oakley Island,” Oakley said.
“No way, we’ll name it something cute… how about-”
“I wouldn’t be talking about renaming Ninetales’ island quite so loudly if I were you,” A voice warned from behind the group. As they turned around to face the sea, Slowking walked closer toward the three.
“How dare you!?!” A female’s voice seethed with hate.
“Pokemon speaking English?” Oakley asked with a raised eyebrow. Tori swung her bag around and reached in for her Pokeballs. The bag and the Pokeballs were ripped from her hands by a Kadabra holding its arms up in front of it ready to catch them. There was a red glow in front of them and from the light stepped a Ninetales with long flowing tails. Its eyes were an eerie red and the air grew hotter as Ninetales flicked its hair from its eyes. Solrock and Lunatone gave Scott equally protective looks before spinning around him faster then was safe. Soon, Solrock, Lunatone and Scott were fading from sight. Tori stumbled backward as the sand Scott was standing on was sent flying in all directions.
“That teleport was a little unstable, but he sure trained those Pokemon well, regardless. To be able to teleport a human after they were both battling back onboard the ship, they sure have some endurance to them,” Oakley speculated.
“Um, Oakley, how about we focus on one thing at a time,” Tori suggested, pointing at the angry Ninetales.
“Right, Castform, use your Rainy Day to cool off this beast,” Oakley ordered. Castform jumped from its Pokeball. Ninetales turned to Kadabra and roared.
“I told you to take all their Pokemon!” She screamed. Oakley’s other Pokeballs zoomed from his belt and landed at Kadabra’s feet.
“Rainy Day, Castform!” Oakley ordered.
“No!” Ninetales yelled, “It must not rain!”
The sun seemed to glow brighter for a few moments as the clouds formed around it. The sun fought hard to shine through the clouds, Ninetales’ eyes glowing brighter than ever before, but eventually the sun disappeared and it started to rain. Oakley moved forward to pet Ninetales as the rain caused steam to waft from her body. Ninetales recoiled.
“You don’t know what you’ve started, mortal,” She cursed. The smoke from the volcano started to grow blacker and a giant bird shot from the mountain’s peak into the clouds. Ninetales made to run back toward the forest, Kadabra close behind.
“Wait!” Oakley called, lunging forward. He reached out to grab Ninetales, but only caught one of her long, silky tails. Ninetales stopped dead in her tracks and didn’t move. Kadabra looked on in fear, slowly backing away before sprinting clumsily into the forest. Slowking gasped from behind Tori.
“What’s wrong?” Tori asked. Oakley was still looking at where his hand had grabbed Ninetales. His hand looked odd. It seemed to be changing colour. He watched as his fingers stuck together and formed a long spike. A sharp blade of white came from his wrist and grew out to the point of his curved hand. His skin was changing colour and he felt his teeth shrink away to be replaced by sharp, pointed fangs. With a great and almighty roar from Ninetales, Oakley sprouted wings and fell to his knees, or rather he shrunk to his knees as his legs seemed to suddenly halve in their size. His glasses fell to the sand and Scyther looked up at Ninetales with fear in his eyes. Ninetales smiled cruelly and ran away down the beach. Tori stood in shock, watching Scyther (who used to be Oakley) touching at its face and body. As Oakley looked at Tori with his new eyes and new body, Tori took off down the beach, grabbing her bag from the sand as she did so. She threw two Pokeballs ahead of her and soon Charmander and Machop were running alongside her. Machop dove for something in the sand, rolled over it and was back on his feet in no time. With careful aim Machop hurled a Silver Spike at Ninetales. Ninetales stopped stock still and let the three catch up. The spike was caught in its tails.
“Have you a learning disability, mortal?” Ninetales asked with a growl. She roared, louder than ever before, and Tori felt fires washing over her. She could hardly breath, the air was so hot, she stumbled back, finding it hard to walk on her spindly legs. She coughed on the sand that was flinging up in her face, for she was barely a foot from the ground. Torchic hopped and scratched away. Tori turned and looked back at Ninetales as she darted away. She would never catch Ninetales now, not now that she was a Torchic with tiny little legs. Tori looked at Charmander and Machop with an uneasy feeling. Did they know it was her? She was a Pokemon. She would never see her family again, at least not without them trying to capture her. She didn’t even like Torchic all that much. This was bad, this was worse than bad. She should have told Professor Oak she was busy. She shouldn’t have gotten off the St. Annie. This was punishment, that’s what it was. Someone was punishing her for destroying the Pewter City Gym. Scyther came stumbling down the beach, running awkwardly on his new legs. Oakley jumped and tried to fly. Tropius and Castform weren’t far behind him and Gyarados and Wailord were in the ocean casting him worried looks. They seemed to recognize him, even though Oakley was obviously a Scyther and behaving rather oddly. Tori turned to Charmander and Machop.
“It’s okay Tori, we know it’s you,” Charmander said. Tori fell backward and landed hard on her bottom. She shook her head and looked up as Charmander offered her a hand to pull her to her feet.
“I had a feeling this was the island they’d discovered,” Machop speculated.
“Huh?” Tori asked. Charmander gestured to her that he’d explain later.
“The rain must have woken up Moltres, he would have been angry when he realized Ninetales had all those Psychic Pokemon up there in the volcano keeping him under Hypnosis,” Charmander added.
“Ninetales sure knew what she was doing; she had Fire Pokemon stationed up there constantly to keep rain away and Psychic Pokemon using Hypnosis constantly. I heard a Noctowl telling someone she even had a herd of Shroomish to harvest Sleep Powder from,” Pupitar added, bouncing over from further down the beach. A bolt of lightning crackled from overhead.
“Look!” Castform squeaked in her tiny voice. Tropius turned its head, arching its long neck away from Oakley. Charmander and Machop gasped as they saw Zapdos and Moltres flying in circles in the sky. Tori jumped to her feet.
“They can help me turn back into a human, I know they can!” She cried. She ran toward the water calling out to the two Pokemon as Charmander and Machop ran screaming after her. The two Pokemon weren’t interested in Tori the Torchic down on the beach. They were busy yelling at each other.
“The rain woke me up. I’d been put to sleep by that meddling Ninetales,”
“Your Sunny Day woke me up. They had rain keeping me asleep, plus all those Psychic Pokemon with their Hypnosis attacks. Where have they taken Articuno?” Zapdos asked.
“They must have moved her as soon as I woke up. We’ve got to find her.
“I’m with you,” Zapdos added. The two brothers shot back into the clouds, then the storm seemed to end instantly. The stars poked through the clouds and soon there were no noises but the sounds of the water licking at the beach. Wailord and Gyarados came as close to the sand as they could, Charmander and Machop set up a small campsite with a merry fire and tried to talk some sense into Oakley. Tori decided to talk to Pupitar and Wurmple, an odd experience as she couldn’t speak Pokemon before.
“So have I been a good trainer?” She asked.
“You could try using me in a battle once in a while,” Wurmple said with a tone of annoyance.
“I’m sorry, Tori confessed.
“It’s okay Tori,” Pupitar comforted, “Wurmple only wants to evolve. I’m in no hurry though. I could have evolved weeks ago. I’ve been resisting,” Pupitar said in a very formal men’s voice. Tori made a mental note that Pupitar was male. She’d never really been able to tell.
“Why have you been resisting evolution?” Tori asked.
“As a Pupitar I’m very refined and delicate. I think before I act and I spend a lot of time meditating. As a Tyranitar I won’t be so thoughtful. I won’t have as much mental capacity because my muscle and power makes up for it. I don’t know if I’m ready to rush into something like that. I want to enjoy being young and withdrawn before I become such a strong and able fighter. Do you understand?” Pupitar said.
“I do,” Tori smiled, “So do I evolve back into a human then or does this trick only last a few hours or what?” Tori asked. Pupitar and Wurmple looked hard at her.
“Trick?” Pupitar asked.
“This is just a trick of Ninetales’ isn’t it? I’ll turn back into a human right?” Tori added, a hint of nervousness playing about her voice now. Pupitar looked over at Wurmple again.
“Uhhh… Well, I don’t really know. I don’t think there’s ever been anything like this happen. Except for the comet incident a few years ago and coincidentally that was the brother of this Ninetales… But I don’t think that Ninetales is still alive. Why don’t we just see how this all plays out?” Pupitar suggested. Tori wasn’t comforted. Charmander came waddling over. He sat down and put an arm around Tori before shooting a small mouthful of embers into the sand to start a fire.
“I’ve just told Oakley the same thing, there’s no point trying to turn back into a human yet. There’s no way any of us are going to get back to Kanto or Johto and even if we tried to make it to Hoenn, we’d probably get attacked by Trainers on the way because of that sunken ship where they all hang out,” Charmander told her.
“So what are we going to do?” Tori asked him.
“Well… For awhile those of us on the mainlands have known about the three islands of fire, ice and lightning-”
“Hey, I know about them! And Lugia and the three legendary birds live there,” Tori chirped.
“No, Tori. The three birds used to live there. There was an incident and they had to be quelled and reunited by Lugia. After the humans got involved and that battle ended, the three birds flew further from the mainlands so they could be safe. What they didn’t count on was that after their long flight they had to rest for days. During that time Ninetales hunted them down and put them all under Hypnosis to sleep longer. Castform’s Rainy Day woke up Moltres on this island then Moltres went to wake up Zapdos. Ninetales still has their sister Articuno hidden somewhere. I think if we help the birds find their sister and defeat Ninetales in return you’ll be changed back,” Charmander explained.
“So what are we waiting for?” Tori asked.
“We’re waiting for morning. For now we have to sleep Tori,” Charmander said. Tori would have argued, but right then she yawned which kind of ruined her whole argument. She sat down in the sand and rolled onto her side. As she started to drift off into sleep, Charmander lay next to her and she rested her head on his arm. Pupitar lay awake, a blue force field glowing around the group. Gyarados and Wailord sat at sea watching them from afar.
“Should one of us go and fetch the Professors?” Gyarados asked.
“No… We must stay here and protect our masters…” Wailord replied.
“This battle with Ninetales is not something we should be getting involved in. We aren’t legendary Pokemon, nor are we overly spectacular Pokemon. Many of our group are common Pokemon; I fail to see how we will have any input to this battle. It is a failing light,” Gyarados finished.
“Then in defeat you will learn the lessons you need to succeed,” Wailord told Gyarados sternly. Gyarados sank into the water, its purple eyes protruding slightly.

Ninetales stalked through her throne room. Articuno was encased in a sticky web with four Heracross around her shooting constant streams of the white substance.
“Moltres and Zapdos are awakened, they want their sister. I can’t give her back yet. I’m not finished on First Island, I can’t give it back to Articuno,” She told the Unown beside her throne.
“Then don’t. Release her on the condition that you get to keep First Island. Zapdos can reclaim his Second Island, Moltres can have Third Island, but tell them they can have peace if you get First Island,” Unown suggested. Ninetales shook her head.
“They won’t do it. They’ll just attack First Island even harder. It wasn’t so hard when I owned all three islands, I made them think I was only interested in Second Island, that made the resistance attack my beaches there and leave First Island to be searched thoroughly. Now they’re all onto me. I still haven’t found all the stones from First Island and the resistance are attacking me there. I need more time,” Ninetales seethed.
“They will not find our base Madam,” Unown promised. A Nidorino ran in through the corridor at that moment.
“Madam, Moltres and Zapdos are flying overhead; I think they’ve found us!” He panted. Ninetales turned to face Unown. The waters below Moltres and Zapdos churned and an Unown came flying from the depths of the sea up into the sky.
“I think we found her,” Zapdos said.
“Come dawn we’ll sink her underwater base, then her, got it?” Moltres said. Zapdos smiled and nodded enthusiastically.
“Let’s go rally the resistance,” Zapdos finished.
“So predictable,” Ninetales said from hundreds of feet below. Kadabra put its spoon down and the image faded. Ninetales turned to the Unown army.
“Prepare for a fight,” She ordered.

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's really long but I like long storys. Its realy cool,I hope you keep writing more fan fiction storys! :D

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Profile YIM
Graphic Genius

its too long u should dived it up into smaller chapters

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]