It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Incorporating Music with Reading, Sports, etc. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The body naturally loves music, certain kinds of music, may come across better that others however. Many people such as I either actually play music, or play it in our head, when we are doing something. Music gets stuck with that event, your feelings and emotions included. Every time you play that song, the memory of a certain event comes up. Why? Well, I don't know, and I'm pretty sure scienists don't either. But I'm sure the music is embossed into your brain, so is the event, and emotions embossed right along with it. Every time you play the event, or whatever you seem to be doing, your body and mind may start playing that song. Then the emotions come, and whatever you are doing, you become invincible.

Mood, is the underlying feeling of a book or song. And mood is also essential to enjoying that song, or reading that books. Let me tell you of my experience....

I was reading the famous Warriors series, I was in an eerie part of the book, and major betrayal was about to be revealed. I then decided to turn on some music. ABBA's hit, "Money, Money, Money", and "Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie". I wondered why that CD was in my player, but it was 10:00 at night, and I just went with it. Anyway, the mood of the book and those two songs were exactly alike. Eventually, I would always play those songs when I read Warriors. Every time I hear those songs, that feeling of mystery clouds over me. I can visualize Tigerclaw crouching, and slithering through the bushes, ready to pounce on Fireheart......

So do you have a similar experience? I read and played songs, what about sports, or homework? Does music possibly effect more of your life than you thought?

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:50 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yes, it does. The mind, or at least, mine, tend to associate certain music with certain places. Play this artiste's music, and I'll be reminded of this place, play the music of another artiste, and I'll be thinking of another place. It's kinda hard to explain, like you said :shock:

Music doesn't remind me of activities like sports, homework or whatsoever though :P

Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Whenever I hear Beethoven, I think of Europe. I don't know why, but I believe it happens because I'm dying to go to Italy. :) I can make another connection with Beethoven, I want to go to Europe, which menas Germany there's, but I also want to learn German. I'm willing to bet, if I listened to Beethoven while trying to speak German, it will come acroos easier. :)

Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:10 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yes, I used to play a game called runescape, and since I didn't really like the in-game music, I would shut it off and turn on WMP. My playlist was always the same, so now, even though I havn't played the game in a year, those songs still remind me of it.

~Sinatu

Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, that is scary.... imagine you are playing ff tactics advance and your old man starts playing The Connels ("74, 75") way too loud in his dvd... I could never look at the game again... the horror..... :cry:

Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]