It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:42 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 Marvel films/comics 
Author Message
I need to shut the **** up
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:18 am
Posts: 254
Location: A random Place in Wales
I was wondering one day if ANYONE likes Marvel comics/the films as much as me. Sooooooooo.......
Are you a fan of Spidey? Are the X-men your role-models? Do you adore the Incredible Hulk?
Reply here...
{chingling} {dragonite} Chingling {chingling} {piplup}

_________________
Maybe, just maybe, you'll find me there, waiting......
Well, conman2k8 has done it again. Find him at Fusions Market!!
Image
OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!


Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:17 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:26 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Why do you want to know? Are you stalking me? *Does a double take*
Hmm, well, I like the Spider-man movies, they're pretty good, enough to keep me watching them. Iron Man looks absolutely amazing too. But it seems as if they're about to make a live action movie adaption of every comic book superhero / villain possible, plus three sequels to each of them. It'll end up becoming somewhat annoying to have a new superhero release every month, even though they do brilliant jobs with them.

_________________
I'm the not - so - new person. Fear me. please

Quote:
Sometimes I think the meaning of life is to take our minds off of death.
Pichu - Pokemon Mansion (Not the Cinnabar One) [That would be my fanfic]


Last edited by Sparrow on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ugly color



Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:29 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 36
To me Iron Man was the best Marvel movie they made, Spider Man wasn't that good, and i still ave to watch the Hulk

_________________
ImageImageImageImage Credit to Saint Jimmy


Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Profile
I need to shut the **** up
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:18 am
Posts: 254
Location: A random Place in Wales
Has no one EVER heard of X-men?? A lot better than Iron Man, that Marvel film was highly average.
{chingling} {dragonite} Chingling {piplup} {chingling}

_________________
Maybe, just maybe, you'll find me there, waiting......
Well, conman2k8 has done it again. Find him at Fusions Market!!
Image
OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!


Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 am
Posts: 266
Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
i want to see the hulk 2. i grew up with that show. i also remember the thing versus the hulk (animated of course). i hope the'll do that with the movies

_________________
Image
A flea and fly in a flue, Were imprisoned so what could they do? Said the flea let us fly. Said the fly let us flee. So they flew through a flaw in the flue.


Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Posts: 362
Location: In the Abyss
You know, I never liked Iron Man because of the color combination (red and yellow) of his suit and because I thought he was made of iron, a not-so-strong metal; but after watching the Iron Man movie, he is now one of my favorites heroes. (in the movie the red/gold coloration looks great and I learned his suit is actually made of gold)

I really liked that movie; it's Mechatronic at its best, even if it's currently fictional. (yes, I believe that someday, maybe 50 years later, mechanics will be able to build armors similar to Iron Man's)


Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:26 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 2183
Location: Madison, WI
Darjulok wrote:
because I thought he was made of iron, a not-so-strong metal;
and I learned his suit is actually made of gold


Um... Gold is one of the softest elements around... Iron is quite a bit stronger than Gold. That's why Iron was used for construction all the time before we figured out how to turn it into Steel?

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Posts: 362
Location: In the Abyss
JsXtm wrote:
Um... Gold is one of the softest elements around... Iron is quite a bit stronger than Gold. That's why Iron was used for construction all the time before we figured out how to turn it into Steel?


Gold is weaker than iron? Hmm. Oh yeah, I just remembered that Stark needed a lighter metal, so I guess if gold is lighter, then it must be weaker than iron, as you say. I don't know why I thought gold was both stronger and lighter than iron. So, that means Iron Man is (or should be) vulnerable to many things like explosions, etc., explaining why he had a hard time beating his movie nemesis; I thought it was only the size what made that thing stronger.


Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 15
Location: carpathian forest
i enjoyed all the spider man movies but Topher Grace (that 70's show-Eric) as venom???? wow they really messed up right there. Venom is supposed be big and buff but topher grace is just weak and scrawny. and that whole emo look for spiderman when the symbyote is attached to him is not that good.
anyways if you are going to see the new Batman movie any time soon be prepared to sit down for a really long time. also, PAY ATTENTION TO THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIE. and you might notice something towards the end. thats all i am going to say. there were many times when i thought the movie was about to end but it kept on going. i think it was even longer than titanic. great movie though.
as for iron man... i never bother watching for the fact that i hate that song they use (I am iron man)
as for the also new hulk movie.... it was just pure awesome.


Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:48 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 2183
Location: Madison, WI
Darjulok wrote:
JsXtm wrote:
Um... Gold is one of the softest elements around... Iron is quite a bit stronger than Gold. That's why Iron was used for construction all the time before we figured out how to turn it into Steel?


Gold is weaker than iron? Hmm. Oh yeah, I just remembered that Stark needed a lighter metal, so I guess if gold is lighter, then it must be weaker than iron, as you say. I don't know why I thought gold was both stronger and lighter than iron. So, that means Iron Man is (or should be) vulnerable to many things like explosions, etc., explaining why he had a hard time beating his movie nemesis; I thought it was only the size what made that thing stronger.


Actually, Gold is significantly heavier than Iron, too. Didn't he need like a gold coating, to fix the icing problem?
IIRC, it was a gold coating, with a titanium (or some other lightweight super-strong composite) for the frame.

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:46 am
Posts: 631
Location: I am the main Character!!!
Yes, gold is quite heavy. Heavier than iron, I'm not sure. Small worthless fact: titanium on its own is quite brittle so Stark probably used a titanium steel alloy, although I think I recall that he used a titanium gold alloy in the movie hence the gold colored suit before the red paint was applied.

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 2183
Location: Madison, WI
flaming_fox wrote:
Yes, gold is quite heavy. Heavier than iron, I'm not sure.

Iron: Atomic Symbol Fe, Atomic Mass 55.845
Gold: Atomic Symbol Au, Atomis Mass 196.96

Gold is almost 4 times heavier than Iron on an atomic basis.

Okay, Gold-Titanium Alloy makes sense, I was having trouble remembering the specifics of that part of the movie.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:46 am
Posts: 631
Location: I am the main Character!!!
Yeah, I was pretty sure that gold was heavier but I didn't want to claim something that I wasn't 100% about.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:53 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Posts: 362
Location: In the Abyss
Oh, I guess I didn't pay that much attention to that part of the movie. I thought Stark changed the metal of its armor to gold after his disastrous landing experience because it was lighter, but it seems that I'm wrong :?


Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:32 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 1152
Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
X-men was good, Spiderman was fairly decent and Iron Man was ok. X-men was very realistic to me and a lot more interesting than the others because there was more than one set of super abilities, plus the characters were less of mary-sues than the rest. Spiderman had a good plot and a lot of nice action, but it came off as a bit cliche. Iron Man had a pretty hectic plot but it redeemed itself with humor and it's adaptation to this day and age.

_________________
ImageImage
^DarkCosmos, Poems^


Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:04 am
Posts: 1320
Location: Sky Tower
I've never been a fan of comics in general: I usually prefer to read comic strips to magazines, and I only started to grow interested in large panels when I first started to read Manga. However, I still don't like american comics very much, even though I have to admit the graphics and lineart are very attractive.

I've never read Marvel comics before (and probably never will), except for one short Nightcrawler special edition, which shows a fragment of his life before the events of X-Men 2. And, to be honest, I've also never been that interested in Super-Heroes, whether they're from Marvel or DC, or any other company. I guess I just don't like that genre.

However, after watching a few movies and getting to know about some characters a little bit better, I came to the conclusion I prefer the Marvel heroes to the DC supers, probably because they are somehow more connected to biology or nature. I don't know anything about the characters that's deeper than what the movies have presented, because I don't really bother to read their respective comics or watch their cartoon shows, so I can't quite say whether the movies are legitimate or not to them. Judging as a complete outsider, though, I really enjoy Marvel films, specially the X-Men and Spiderman series. By the trilogy, I can say I'm an X-Men fan, and I honestly hope there are more movies from the mutants to come.

_________________
Image


Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:42 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:16 pm
Posts: 1013
Spiderman and all his villains are awesome. I enjoy watching Spiderman the Animated Series, Spectacular Spiderman, and all 3 movies. Go go Spidey.


Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:46 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:03 pm
Posts: 26
Location: California
i like venom and iron man because the are the best

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:34 am
Profile
I need to shut the **** up
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:18 am
Posts: 254
Location: A random Place in Wales
PS Pokejack117....
That was necromancy, methinks.
You're not supposed to post in threads which haven't been posted in for more than a month.
Just a heads up.
{dragonite} Chingling {chingling}

_________________
Maybe, just maybe, you'll find me there, waiting......
Well, conman2k8 has done it again. Find him at Fusions Market!!
Image
OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!


Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:28 am
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:03 pm
Posts: 26
Location: California
oh,sorry about that

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:36 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:58 pm
Posts: 606
Location: California
Do NOT tell other people off, *superiorchingling*, that is our job, not yours.


Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.