It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 pm



Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Shows cartoonnetwork has forgot 
Author Message
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:15 am
Posts: 92
Location: america
Now, cartoonnetwork has been around for a long time, and has forgotten a lot of their shows. Now I know some shows you probably never heard about <cough> <cough> MAR, Prince of Tennis and even Megaman:Star Force
(I was bored). So which shows do you think should still be here and why?

_________________
Image Needs a little more "Typhlosion, and a lot more "Blaze."


Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:12 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:36 am
Posts: 536
Location: not quite sure
I think that they should still have One Piece because I really like the show and now I have to watch all of the episodes online but that really isn't that big of a problem.

_________________
Image


Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:54 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:15 am
Posts: 92
Location: america
Yeah, I used to watch it too.

_________________
Image Needs a little more "Typhlosion, and a lot more "Blaze."


Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:55 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:55 am
Posts: 1456
Location: Stafford, UK
You're complaining about anime being forgotten? No. How about actual cartoons. Actual cartoons that people born before 1994 grew up with. Dexter's Lab. Two Stupid Dogs. Cow and Chicken. Courage the Cowardly Dog. Johnny Bravo. Wacky Races and Captain Caveman. Those my friend, are forgotten shows.


Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:32 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 am
Posts: 863
Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I was born in 1994 and I remember enjoying three of those shows. My sister syas Courage the Cowardly Dog still comes on.

_________________
All I know is that I know nothing.


Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:20 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:26 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Why do you want to know? Are you stalking me? *Does a double take*
I agree. I used to watch Dexter's Lab every Sunday night. It was routine! I also like Johnny Bravo.

But we're forgetting the biggest thing that Cartoon Network dumped.

LOONEY TUNES

Who can forget that? Looney Tunes are one of the staples of cartoons! Tom & Jerry too! Cartoon Network used to always play Looney Tunes on Saturday Mornings, they also used to have June Bugs, with marathons of Bugs Bunny Cartoons in June! Now even Boomerang isn't playing Looney Tunes as much. And Cartoon Network has also stopped playing the ever so wonderful Tom and Jerry.

_________________
I'm the not - so - new person. Fear me. please

Quote:
Sometimes I think the meaning of life is to take our minds off of death.
Pichu - Pokemon Mansion (Not the Cinnabar One) [That would be my fanfic]


Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:25 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:56 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Georgia, US
blaziking175 wrote:
I agree. I used to watch Dexter's Lab every Sunday night. It was routine! I also like Johnny Bravo.

But we're forgetting the biggest thing that Cartoon Network dumped.

LOONEY TUNES

Who can forget that? Looney Tunes are one of the staples of cartoons! Tom & Jerry too! Cartoon Network used to always play Looney Tunes on Saturday Mornings, they also used to have June Bugs, with marathons of Bugs Bunny Cartoons in June! Now even Boomerang isn't playing Looney Tunes as much. And Cartoon Network has also stopped playing the ever so wonderful Tom and Jerry.


..eh. They aren't forgotten, maybe just boring and old.

Dexter's Laboratory was awesome, so was Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog was decent for some time, but I never really picked up on it. I still like (kinda off topic) CatDog, even though most people dislike it. I also miss ZOIDS. Which is completely awesome forever. :D

_________________
Image
afk


Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 11:50 am
Posts: 44
Location: 12 Grimmauld Place
YES! Dexter's Laboratory. But what about Space Ghost: Coast to Coast?? That show was freakin' awesome. Do they still show it? I don't think I've seen it in their line-up for a LONG time, nothing but Family Guy/Robot Chicken at night.


Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 3128
Location: College
2x4b wrote:
You're complaining about anime being forgotten? No. How about actual cartoons. Actual cartoons that people born before 1994 grew up with. Dexter's Lab. Two Stupid Dogs. Cow and Chicken. Courage the Cowardly Dog. Johnny Bravo. Wacky Races and Captain Caveman. Those my friend, are forgotten shows.



My mom watched Wacky races when she was young. That's how old it is. The rest are fine though.

Also, MEGAS XLR AND SAMURAI JACK.

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:18 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:09 pm
Posts: 74
Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
People, lots of old cartoons can be found on Boomerang now. Just go there.

_________________
Image
Thanks, Afonso, for the awesome avvie, and Ender for the epic sig


Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:21 am
Posts: 139
Location: Catnip World, UK
Dexters Lab is the best, and it still comes on from time to time. Along with Courage the Cowardley Dog.

_________________
Image
Ssshh...Its a secret click if you want to be a part of it


Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:44 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 am
Posts: 863
Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I remember Zoids and Samurai Jack. I loved both of those.

_________________
All I know is that I know nothing.


Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:26 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:36 am
Posts: 536
Location: not quite sure
gamer guy wrote:
I remember Zoids and Samurai Jack. I loved both of those.


Samurai Jack is still on every Saturday night. Zoids was a great show I wish it was still on.

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:16 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:03 am
Posts: 604
Location: Running In The 90s
Well, I spose that you can catch a few shows at the late hours.

Does anyone know of a show called 'V-Birds'? I hated it and didn't like it. Glad it was dumped.


Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:00 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 am
Posts: 266
Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
monster rancher. i loved that show. man that was forever. outlaw star, i used to watch speed racer too. the mask animated and ace ventura animated, swat catz, man that was the good ol' days

_________________
Image
A flea and fly in a flue, Were imprisoned so what could they do? Said the flea let us fly. Said the fly let us flee. So they flew through a flaw in the flue.


Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:16 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 15
Location: carpathian forest
megas xlr, monster rancher, megaman nt warrior(they need to dub stream and up), zoids, man i had a huge list right now but i forgot as soon as i hit the add reply button...
but anyways is it just me, or is it not the same when you watch episodes online as to when you watch them on a certain time and day? i just dont get the same feeling as to when i used to watch them on tv. even if it was one episode a week.


Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:54 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
Originally, Cartoon Network started off pretty good - they used to show Speed Racer, Flintsones, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, and some other classics (this was before most of you were even thought of.) It was pretty good; however, Nickelodeon still had better TV shows.

In mid to late 90's, CN started airing 2 Stupid Dogs, Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy (before they ran the series into the ground by playing it all the time), Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. This original programming was my favorite generation - after Courage, CN failed to make anymore interesting cartoons.

As for Toonami (R.I.P.), I miss Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Hamtaro, Sailormoon, Tenchi, and Zoids. It's a shame they took Toonami from the weekdays/midnights, but I'm assuming they'd show garbage like One Piece, Naruto, etc. so I guess in a way it's a good thing.

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:58 pm
Posts: 606
Location: California
Krisp wrote:
Originally, Cartoon Network started off pretty good - they used to show Speed Racer, Flintsones, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, and some other classics (this was before most of you were even thought of.) It was pretty good; however, Nickelodeon still had better TV shows.

In mid to late 90's, CN started airing 2 Stupid Dogs, Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy (before they ran the series into the ground by playing it all the time), Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. This original programming was my favorite generation - after Courage, CN failed to make anymore interesting cartoons.

As for Toonami (R.I.P.), I miss Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Hamtaro, Sailormoon, Tenchi, and Zoids. It's a shame they took Toonami from the weekdays/midnights, but I'm assuming they'd show garbage like One Piece, Naruto, etc. so I guess in a way it's a good thing.



Truth.


I completely forgot about I Am Weasel. :(


Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:36 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 2199
Location: Madison, WI
Krisp wrote:
I'm assuming they'd show garbage like One Piece

I assume you mean the 4Kids dub? Because the original Japanese show is actually quite good. Subtitles FTW.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:04 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:46 am
Posts: 631
Location: I am the main Character!!!
I miss Johny Bravo and Ed, Edd, and Eddy the most. Granted i never had anything but PBS growing up so I only got to watch them when I was away from home. Still boring stays in hotels were much more fun with the company of Johny and the 3Eds.

_________________
Image


Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:00 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 15
Location: carpathian forest
flaming_fox wrote:
I miss Johny Bravo and Ed, Edd, and Eddy the most. Granted i never had anything but PBS growing up so I only got to watch them when I was away from home. Still boring stays in hotels were much more fun with the company of Johny and the 3Eds.

dude that is exactly how i watched cartoon network. and i would always go to my friend's house after school and watch miguzi when they had badas stuff
only once did i have the priviledge of having cable but that did not last too long...


Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:56 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.