It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:32 pm



Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Best Doctor Who Villain Thread! (Spoilers) 
Author Message
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Posts: 825
I didn't mention RTD in relation to the Daleks. I was talking about the Cybermen, who are coming back in the Christmas special, written by RTD. As I said before, assuming that the ones in the Christmas special are the ones from Doomsday, they'd have to break out of the Void somehow. The Daleks, who would most likely make their next comeback under Moffat, could take the same path as the Cybermen out of the Void.

_________________
Image


Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:39 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:21 am
Posts: 604
Location: Ctherahrae
Quote:
I -knew- that hand had something to do with it

Meh, me too. I also reckoned that, like in all cliff hangers in the new series, the doctor wasn't going to regenerate, and gwen/sarah-jane/ianto weren't going to die.
The finale episodes, particularly the second one, weren't that great in my opinion. Firstly, because I'm just getting fed up of daleks. We've had them five times in four series'. And they seem to be getting worse episodes too.
Secondly, the whole set of sounds was just giving me a headache. I hated the music. It's the first time I've really noticed that.
Third, the ending was way too long. It would have been fine to extend it 20 minutes if the plot went on for twenty extra minutes, but it took 25 minutes for all the goodbyes.
Fourth, donna lost her memory :( *misses her already*
Also, the daleks blowing up the house put my idea of hiding under the bed to get away from daleks out the window.

Despite all this, I liked the first episode. With doubles, it's generally I prefer the first.

Quote:
have some sad news:There will be no Doctor Who episodes in 2009 due to David T. acting in Macbeth....or something.

Meh, I knew this in like, January. Anyway, three episodes + 5 episode long torchwood around that time will probably be good enough. Two of the specials will be Easter and Christmas, btw. They haven't decided about the first.

I thought Turn Left was much better than I thought it would be, and it was much better than Utopia. I liked the ending too, it really looked good. And Midnight was awsome.

Quote:
the production team really needs to stop bringing back the Daleks and then destroying them in the same story

Dalek Caan was in six of the episodes. And we knew he'd come back from daleks in manhattan, then in Doomsday, there was a more than subtle hint on emergency temporal shifts.
I thought the best new series Dalek episode was 'Dalek', because there was only one dalek, and only one episode. I liked the way it showed how much devestation one single dalek could do.

I was pleased to see the Cybermen coming back for christmas again, because I was getting tired of just the daleks, and only having the other reoccouring villains only turning up once. Also, they have the Cybus C, so I'd say they were cybus cybermen.
I want to know what this episode will be called. We've had all the other christmas special titles at the end of the series. Maybe it is called 'Return of the Cybermen', as writen in the trailer?
Ah well, we'll know by christmas.
--------
On another related topic, yesterday I went to a Doctor Who convention. I met a bunch of people who have been in the new series of doctor who and a couple of people from the old ones. I had all of their autographs, in an autograph book I bought half way through the day, on photos provided, and in my copy of the Pirate Loop. I met Colin Baker (6th doctor), John Leeson (K-9), Kai Owen (Rhys - Trochwood) and Tom Price (PC Andy - Torchwood) alongside a couple of people from Fires of Pompeii.
I also got my photo taken with Kai Owen and Tom Price :D And some with an ood, a slitheen and a dalek.

Dammit that was a really long post.

_________________


Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:30 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:55 am
Posts: 1456
Location: Stafford, UK
Inta Xonem wrote:
On another related topic, yesterday I went to a Doctor Who convention. I met a bunch of people who have been in the new series of doctor who and a couple of people from the old ones. I had all of their autographs, in an autograph book I bought half way through the day, on photos provided, and in my copy of the Pirate Loop. I met Colin Baker (6th doctor), John Leeson (K-9), Kai Owen (Rhys - Trochwood) and Tom Price (PC Andy - Torchwood) alongside a couple of people from Fires of Pompeii.
I also got my photo taken with Kai Owen and Tom Price :D And some with an ood, a slitheen and a dalek.

Dammit that was a really long post.


Colin Baker and John Leeson!? Oh dude please tell me you got John to say something in K-9's voice. It would have really been awesome if it had been Tom Baker, personally my favourite Doctor. Also... This was where? You must tell me. I know there's an expo in London year round and I'm going there next Wednesday... So please tell me it was in London.


Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:52 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:21 am
Posts: 604
Location: Ctherahrae
2x4b wrote:
Colin Baker and John Leeson!? Oh dude please tell me you got John to say something in K-9's voice. It would have really been awesome if it had been Tom Baker, personally my favourite Doctor. Also... This was where? You must tell me. I know there's an expo in London year round and I'm going there next Wednesday... So please tell me it was in London.

John Leeson did say something in K-9's voice after he asked my name. He also used the voice a bit in his stage performance, which I watched.
It was in Birmingham, not London. It was called 'Bad Wolf', if you want to look into it.
What's this thing in London then?

_________________


Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:55 am
Posts: 1456
Location: Stafford, UK
Inta Xonem wrote:
2x4b wrote:
Colin Baker and John Leeson!? Oh dude please tell me you got John to say something in K-9's voice. It would have really been awesome if it had been Tom Baker, personally my favourite Doctor. Also... This was where? You must tell me. I know there's an expo in London year round and I'm going there next Wednesday... So please tell me it was in London.

John Leeson did say something in K-9's voice after he asked my name. He also used the voice a bit in his stage performance, which I watched.
It was in Birmingham, not London. It was called 'Bad Wolf', if you want to look into it.
What's this thing in London then?


It's just a little thing with props and costumes from the show... Not really that good. Hopefully I'll be there at Bad Wolf next year then. Tell me though, I'm thinking of cosplaying as the Fourth Doctor and my mate is thinking of cosplaying as the Tenth Doctor just to get a rough idea and not make fools of ourselves, were there many people cosplaying there?


Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:49 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:21 am
Posts: 604
Location: Ctherahrae
Alot of 10 year old kids were wearing 10th doctor costumes, and there was a mum wearing a rose costume and a man wearing a Colin Baker costume, but there wasn't too many people dressed up, no.
On the saturday, there was Georgia Moffet and Peter Davison, but I missed them :( Next year I'm going both days. Also, Bernad Cribbins (sp), who played Donna's grandad, was going to be there, but then he had to cancel.
There's going to be something similar in November or something but completely Torchwood themed in Northampton, called the Hub. There's going to be Naoko Mori and John Barrowman there.

_________________


Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:43 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:55 am
Posts: 1456
Location: Stafford, UK
Just had a look at the Hub website. Northampton is a long way to travel and it's £78 to attend... A bit steep. Plus money for photos. Though I really would love to have my picture taken with John and Naoko it's too much. And I have absolutely no money at the moment :(


Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:59 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:21 am
Posts: 604
Location: Ctherahrae
Meh, it was £110 for me and my dad to go to one of the two days for Bad Wolf, and £10 for the photos with Kai Owen + Tom Price.
But dammit I will definately pay £10 for a photo with Naoko. <3 Tosh.

_________________


Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:26 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 am
Posts: 266
Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
i was always rooting for the daleks. the weeping angels always looked cool too. :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
A flea and fly in a flue, Were imprisoned so what could they do? Said the flea let us fly. Said the fly let us flee. So they flew through a flaw in the flue.


Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.