It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:22 pm



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Is Disney evil? 

Is disney evil?
Yes 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
No, I have no soul. 56%  56%  [ 10 ]
Who? 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 18

 Is Disney evil? 
Author Message
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:00 am
Posts: 262
Location: Buckinghamshire, England
I'm posting this thread for one reason: High School Musical. The bane of good movies. I could go on forever talking about how amazingly mind-bogglingly awful this movie is. But I'm going to resort to good old democracy, and for those Yanks among you, democracy is a process where people vote for what they want and sometimes people pay a lot of money to people because they want them to lose on purpose. Like pro-wrestling. Anyway, I'm taking a vote on whether you think Disney has become an evil, money grabbing company: far from the old days of Mickey mouse and Donald duck (man, he was so awesome).

HINT: yes.


Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:21 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:04 am
Posts: 1320
Location: Sky Tower
Post 
Hint: <b>Stupid</b>

High School Musical is an original production of the Disney Channel, which is a division of the Walt Disney Company. It has nothing to do with Pinnochio, The Aristocats or Bambi and The Lion King (Walt Disney Pictures). If you've <i>ever</i> bothered to watch that station before you'll notice the massive amount of live action series and shows, and it's no surprise that a movie such as HSM is part of it.

If you don't like that movie than it's just your opinion, because it's the most succesfull of the Disney Channel's productions. Many people all over the world love it.

Besides, The Walt Disney Company is a giant media corporation and Hollywood studio (in fact, the third largest). What do you expect? That it is a foundation, or a non-profitable institution? Or that they keep on doing the same thing over and over for good old times' sake? Come on. Open your eyes, but keep your mouth shut and don't say stupid things like "omg disney is evil cause it grabs all ur moneis".

It started small and became big. If you wish it to remain as it first started then you're pretty much saying it shouldn't progress. Nobody wants to be small and insignificant forever. It's great that they're growing, and they deserve it for their success.

Remaining as old and avoiding becoming something better is the opposite flow of how things should go. That's not how capitalism and basic evolution work.

Perhaps the same should have happened to videogames and television.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:42 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:16 pm
Posts: 1013
Post 
Disney is a fantastic company. Here's a list of things that are awesome that they've had a part in making:

Lilo and Stitch. The Lion King. The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch. Lilo and Stitch: The Series. National Treasure. Aladdin. The Little Mermaid. The Little Mermaid 2. Toy Story. Toy Story 2. Ratatouille. Finding Nemo. A Bug's Life. Pinocchio. Quack Pack. Goof Troop. An Extremely Goofy Movie. The Proud Family. Tru Confessions. Jump In!. The Night Before Christmas. The Santa Clause. The Incredibles. Brother Bear. The Haunted Mansion. Freaky Friday. Holes.


Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:09 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
pelligargetic wrote:
Lilo and Stitch. The Lion King. The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch. Lilo and Stitch: The Series. National Treasure. Aladdin. The Little Mermaid. The Little Mermaid 2. Toy Story. Toy Story 2. Ratatouille. Finding Nemo. A Bug's Life. Pinocchio. Quack Pack. Goof Troop. An Extremely Goofy Movie. The Proud Family. Tru Confessions. Jump In!. The Night Before Christmas. The Santa Clause. The Incredibles. Brother Bear. The Haunted Mansion. Freaky Friday. Holes.

No 'High School Musical' mentioned, lol.

I really dislike how happy and cheesy it is and I'm so fed up of 'The Disney Store' playing it and everywhere selling the merchandise.
I could put up with it; it's just another craze, except for the fact that they brought out a 'High School Musical' SingStar. Oh my goodness. Last SingStar night, (the Sunday just gone), myself and my ex felt almost suicidal because our two friends begged us to put it on. Luckily my ex is sort of the 'leader' in the way that she gets what she wants most of time and she allowed them to sing two songs but when they attempted to put another on, she turned it off. Ha. The two that like it are 18 and 19 for pity's sake, (and I'm 18; my ex has just turned 20).

I don't think Disney is evil because of 'High School Musical'. I do, however, think that Disney is very sinister because a lot of the movies are actually quite 'dark'. I also think Disney is "evil" because it gives the false hope that everything in life; especially in love, turns out happy in the end and everyone gets their "happy ever after" :| .

_________________
Mmkay.


Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:08 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:16 pm
Posts: 1013
Post 
They're fairy tales for goodness' sake. They're SUPPOSED to be fantastically happy-go-lucky and unrealistic. That's how they work. If you want a realistic story that shows how the world really is, then you're just looking in the wrong place. There's nothing wrong with writing a light-hearted fairy tale where justice is served. It serves to preach morals, not show how the world works.

Also, I did not put High School Musical on there because it is not great, it is strictly average.


Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:29 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
But they aren't happy throughout, everything just turns around and becomes happy in the last 10-20 minutes!
You wouldn't understand because you aren't a girl but haven't you heard that all little girls want to grow up to be princesses and they all think they're going to find their prince?
Well, that won't be for all girls as I doubt I dreamt of a prince but this is where they get those deluded ideas from.
I don't know if I want them to be happy thinking about stuff like that then realize it's a load of bull as they get older or just know it from the start and not be given false hope.

_________________
Mmkay.


Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:56 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:16 pm
Posts: 1013
Post 
They eventually forget that they want to be princesses as they grow up. But then, once they get even older, they do become princesses in their own special way.

And no, they aren't supposed to be happy throughout, because that wouldn't convey the moral very well. The moral is "Love overcomes", you have to have something to overcome, right? The more overbearing the opposition, the better the moral is conveyed.


Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:25 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:20 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Canada... Sibling: Moose
Post 
Its pure evil because of High School Musical in all of its AIDS

_________________
SO RAISE YOUR GLASS HIGH
FOR TOMORROW WE DIE
AND RETURN FROM THE ASHES YOU HOLD

Image


Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:45 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:04 am
Posts: 1320
Location: Sky Tower
Post 
This is becoming the stupidest discussion in this entire section.

If you want realism go watch the news. Don't expect to find it around cartoons, specially amongst Disney productions. It sounds like you know nothing about the Disney universe when you say things like that.

"They lived happily ever after" is not exclusive to Disney stories; most fairytales are like that. In fact, it wasn't even created by Disney; it's something that comes from a much older past. And Disney won't change its patterns of morals and good lessons (and really shouldn't) because some people actually believe our kids will be eluded, and thus will live miserable lives sadly ever after. That's the kind of stories Disney produces; and they've been doing a great job for many, many years.

People grow up. Nobody believes on happy princes and princesses until the day they die. People simply don't become adults who live in their own fantastic reality, believing in fairytales because they watched Disney movies as kids. Tell your children to watch the BBC News if you want them to be always updated with the <b>real</b> thing out there. Also, Disney is not supposed, or isn't meant to, to instruct and teach the same way Discovery Kids does; it's centered on the basic thought that, as pelli said, love overcomes and justice prevails: bad guys go to jail and the ones who did the good will always be victorious, all in indirect, fictional ways, such as fairytales and sweet stories. They are <b>very</b> different: Discovery Kids is meant for basic, primary learning, while Disney is an entertainment factory.

And yes, High School Musical consists of FAIL and AIDS, but you can't deny the fact it was a brilliant, succesfull idea; otherwise it wouldn't become so popular and adored.

Don't blame producers for giving people what they want: blame the idiot people who enjoy the things you hate.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:23 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
Galar wrote:
This is becoming the stupidest discussion in this entire section.
And yes, High School Musical consists of FAIL and AIDS, but you can't deny the fact it was a brilliant, succesfull idea; otherwise it wouldn't become so popular and adored.

With words like those in bold, maybe.
I'll blame Disney for 'High School Musical' because I do think it's way too over-the-top but like I said, I don't actually think they're evil because of it and I also don't blame them for stores having too much of the merchandise/so many people becoming obsessed with it.
Checking on the front of my DVD cover last night, I know that I'd love Disney if everything else was as bad as 'High School Musical' as long as I always have 'Hocus Pocus' to watch, ha.

It talks about Aids in 'High School Musical'?

_________________
Mmkay.


Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:59 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:04 am
Posts: 1320
Location: Sky Tower
Post 
I never said I liked High School Musical and thought it was stupid. I didn't contradict myself.

I said you can't deny the fact that, despite being over-the-top and lame to some people, it was a huge success. Quite on the contrary, I said I disliked it but had to admit it was brilliant due to its massive acceptance. As I said, the producers gave the people what they wanted, and here's the result.

And no, AIDS is not mentioned in High School Music as far as I know. We were only using that word to express our dislike for it.

And as I said before, High School Musical was created by a segment of the giant Disney company, which is not the same that produced our favorite classics (and probably future favorites).

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:34 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
Post 
pelligargetic wrote:
<s>Disney is a fantastic company.</s> Here's a list of things that are awesome that they've had a part in making:

The Lion King. The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. Aladdin. The Little Mermaid. Finding Nemo. Pinocchio. Quack Pack. Goof Troop. An Extremely Goofy Movie. Tru Confessions. <s>Lilo and Stitch. Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch. Lilo and Stitch: The Series. National Treasure. The Little Mermaid 2. Toy Story. Toy Story 2. Ratatouille. The Proud Family. Jump In!. The Night Before Christmas. The Santa Clause. The Incredibles. Brother Bear. The Haunted Mansion. Freaky Friday. Holes.</s>


I totally agree.

Quote:
This is becoming the stupidest discussion in this entire section.


Welcome to Psypoke, Galar.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Madison, WI
Post 
pelligargetic wrote:
Toy Story. Toy Story 2. Ratatouille. Finding Nemo. A Bug's Life. The Incredibles.


Do not count as Disney Movies. Pixar >>>>>>>> Disney, and I didn't put in more >s because I didn't want to stretch the screen. Disney was useful for two things, distribution and merchandising. Distribution was good, because Pixar's movies got out there more. Merchandising is meh. Either way, Disney had practically nothing to do with the actual movies, and so don't deserve any of the credit.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:00 am
Posts: 262
Location: Buckinghamshire, England
Post 
Ok. Disney channel then. Jeez...


Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:29 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:35 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: C-Town
Post 
pelligargetic wrote:
They're fairy tales for goodness' sake. They're SUPPOSED to be fantastically happy-go-lucky and unrealistic. That's how they work.


Image
Why? So they can fill my head with more Disney lies on how perfect the world is? I don't think so.


Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:24 pm
Posts: 521
Location: Cave of Origins, in the Depths of the Abyss
Post 
True Poll wrote:

Yes (I would vote for Bush)
No (I'm not an stupid)
Who? (I'm not born yet.....)


This is...... stupid beyond all words.......

You say something is evil just because of one trashy movie? I like Disney and all, and I do believe the High School Musical thing is lame, but hey I'm not the big musical guy. I like stuff with a few songs, but things with the title Musical in them, I know something like that would too many songs for me to handle. And now you're just saying Disney channel is evil..... what has happened to the world today? I mean you don't give good reason for it. Your point is that their evil, and everything else you says doesn't even prove your point. Your opinion is hardly one that would get praise.

Take JsXtm's opinion for example. I disagree with what he said, but I respect his opinion for his support. The support he has gives him good reason for feeling that way, which is something to be respected even if you feel differently. Your opinion shows no support at all.....

DatVu...... hehe.... South Park, that was a good one. :lol:
But really, aside from Disney, all fairy tales are made to be the happy things because we as humans at times what to hear something that would make us happy and forget the pain of the real world, it is human nature after all. Still people should be able to get a hold on what is fantasy and what is reality.

_________________
ImageImage
TRADE (Lv. 51 Palkia) Sig & TC by me


Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:39 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:32 pm
Posts: 380
Location: somewhere
Post 
Hannah Montana infected my sister, Curse you Hannah Montana! and High School Musical!

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:33 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.