It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:59 am



Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Family Guy 
Author Message
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:07 pm
Posts: 56
Location: Dallas, Texas
CLaSsicK wrote:
Ok who here is a family guy fan. I have EVERY episode on my comp and can never stop lmfao. I swear it is the BEST show EVER.

LUCKY


Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:16 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:18 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Cudahy, California
Post 
i watch it

it relieves me with humor,
always...


Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:51 pm
Posts: 195
Post 
Family Guy is good.

_________________
Wi-Fi record 282-81-1

Image


Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:28 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:35 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: C-Town
Post 
Family Guy is ok if you haven't seen more than 3 or 4 episodes, because after that, you know what's going to be in the next show. It's redundant, and they recycle the same jokes and situations. I've laughed mind you, but it's not very original in that they did the same show just last week.


Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:16 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:29 pm
Posts: 27
Location: 7th level of hell with the lost luggage counter and t.v. judges
Post 
first off, i love family guy, and i think that it should be promoted more on fox. They just kind of push towards the side. I wish they promoted it in the same way they promote 24. Also, i think that parenets shouldn't let their kids be exposed to the humor of family guy. I'm 15 and my parents don't care what i watch.

_________________
I have nothing interesting to add
<center><img src="images/trainercards/pokeassassin.png"></center>


Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:53 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18
Post 
i like stewie


Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:24 pm
Profile
PROBATION
PROBATION

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:44 am
Posts: 69
Location: partying in my secret base
Post 
HAHA family guy is awesome i have seen every episode my fav charecter is stewie

_________________
<center><img src="images/trainercards/gottacatchthemall2.png"></center>


Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:44 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 88
Location: In Front Of My Computer Screen
Post 
i love family guy my fav episode is the one where peter is fired cause mr.weed dies and gets really really fat and has to kill daggermouth.


Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:11 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:15 pm
Posts: 333
Location: The Darkest Corner of My Mind
Post 
Sentinel wrote:
Family Guy is one of the best shows out there.

I like the episode where Death breaks his ankle (foot, whatever), and Peter has to take over his job.

My favorite epsiode.


Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:05 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
pokeassassin wrote:
first off, i love family guy, and i think that it should be promoted more on fox. They just kind of push towards the side. I wish they promoted it in the same way they promote 24. Also, i think that parenets shouldn't let their kids be exposed to the humor of family guy. I'm 15 and my parents don't care what i watch.


I think that people need to 'read between the lines'. We were talking about this a couple of weeks ago in one of my classes, (Sociology), and saying how these shows, (Family Guy; the Simpsons, etc), can actually teach morals to viewers if they notice them and see past the humour. Even South Park.
I love Family Guy, I think I've seen most episodes because there was a site, (http://www.flatoz.com), which had many episodes on but it broke a couple of months ago :( so now I just have to watch them at a friend's house. However, even though I've been watching Family Guy for a year or two, I love South Park more and I only started watching that earlier this year. I think it might be because although Stewie has many 'evil' plans, he often doesn't get to carry them out, whereas Cartman from South Park does. Love him or hate him, he can really teach people lessons, lol.

_________________
Mmkay.


Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:59 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:32 pm
Posts: 380
Location: somewhere
Post 
Go Stewie
Stewie;Mom.Mom.Mama.Mama.Mum.Muma.Mummy.

Lois: What!

Stewie: Hi


Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:02 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:35 pm
Posts: 1348
Location: C-Town
Post 
CharmedJoey wrote:
I think that people need to 'read between the lines'. We were talking about this a couple of weeks ago in one of my classes, (Sociology), and saying how these shows, (Family Guy; the Simpsons, etc), can actually teach morals to viewers if they notice them and see past the humour. Even South Park.


If by "reading between the lines" and "seeing past the humor" you mean to watch the show objectively and think there is something to learn even if it's just as simple as saying, "Let's not do what they did," then sure. One could do that with the vast majority of shows, but in all, there's really nothing to learn from Family Guy or The Simpons, despite a character might understand he did something stupid and needs to learn from it. Often characters like Peter or Homer are blatantly stupid and wrong, and while they may have a revelation, everyone should already realize the issue, which is in part why they're laughing.

South Park is a lot different. Their shows tackle some political issues more subtly. The viewer knows the subject matter, but perhaps not the message or not as deeply understood as the characters explain in the end. Also, the issues are more deep than "why to not let your long lost brother out of the insane asylum" or "why it's a bad idea to hire mob protection for your pretzel business."


Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:36 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:24 pm
Posts: 521
Location: Cave of Origins, in the Depths of the Abyss
Post 
That is a good show. The things with celeberties are mostly stupid and most of the time pointless, the rest is good stuff...

Woman: What's your name?
Peter: My name is ummm.... *sees a pea on the table* Pea.... *then sees a girl crying* tear.... *finally sees a griffon fly through the room* Griffon. My name is Peter Giffon. *realizes he came up with is own name* Oh crap!

Stewie: My god, it took you three hours to break up with her!
Brian: Well I didn't break up with her.
Stewie: Then what were you... wait I smell sweat, and anger, and shame. Ohh my god you didn't!
Brian: Yeap.
Stewie: Do you mind if I play my mix tape?
Brian: Sure.
Stewie: *sing to the mix tape* Brain had *** with a really dumb girl. Now he's taking his friend Stewie to get some ice cream in his car.... *music stops* ohh you're a poor sport.

_________________
ImageImage
TRADE (Lv. 51 Palkia) Sig & TC by me


Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:55 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:55 am
Posts: 1456
Location: Stafford, UK
Post 
To be honest I'm surprised at the people that complain about some of the more racist and adult jokes. Let's take an example.

Peter Griffin: From now on, I too will be abstinent. I'll be as untouched as the turn signal in an Asian woman's car.
[cutaway to an Asian woman driving]
Asian Woman: How much signal I need to cut across eight lane? None? I turn now. Good luck, everybody else! [cuts across eight lanes, causing four cars, a truck, and a gas tanker to crash; tanker explodes]

Now to be perfectly honest I found that hilarious. Not for the fact that it's a racial stereotype, but because it is a random cutaway that Family Guy is so good at doing. It's a television show. It's there to make you laugh. One thing I did find out by listening to the commentary is that while the FCC has no problem with the more adult jokes, for some reason poo jokes never get through. It's stupid though because those are the jokes that kids get... Go figure.


Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:45 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
DatVu wrote:
CharmedJoey wrote:
I think that people need to 'read between the lines'. We were talking about this a couple of weeks ago in one of my classes, (Sociology), and saying how these shows, (Family Guy; the Simpsons, etc), can actually teach morals to viewers if they notice them and see past the humour. Even South Park.


If by "reading between the lines" and "seeing past the humor" you mean to watch the show objectively and think there is something to learn even if it's just as simple as saying, "Let's not do what they did," then sure. One could do that with the vast majority of shows, but in all, there's really nothing to learn from Family Guy or The Simpons, despite a character might understand he did something stupid and needs to learn from it. Often characters like Peter or Homer are blatantly stupid and wrong, and while they may have a revelation, everyone should already realize the issue, which is in part why they're laughing.

South Park is a lot different. Their shows tackle some political issues more subtly. The viewer knows the subject matter, but perhaps not the message or not as deeply understood as the characters explain in the end. Also, the issues are more deep than "why to not let your long lost brother out of the insane asylum" or "why it's a bad idea to higher mob protection for your pretzel business."


Hence why I prefer South Park to any other animation, but the characters don't always explain the 'message'; sometimes it's left for readers to understand whilst the main characters are left puzzled. But this is how it's meant to be, as they are only 8 or 9 through the different series. Lol at all they go through without getting older.

Groudon King wrote:
That is a good show. The things with celeberties are mostly stupid and most of the time pointless, the rest is good stuff...

Stewie: My god, it took you three hours to break up with her!
Brian: Well I didn't break up with her.
Stewie: Then what were you... wait I smell sweat, and anger, and shame. Ohh my god you didn't!
Brian: Yeap.
Stewie: Do you mind if I play my mix tape?
Brian: Sure.
Stewie: *sing to the mix tape* Brain had *** with a really dumb girl. Now he's taking his friend Stewie to get some ice cream in his car.... *music stops* ohh you're a poor sport.


- An example of how shows such as Family Guy don't just teach us the blatantly obvious issues of how not to be stupid. If you try and read into things, (perhaps too much), like I tend to do, you can say that this scene, for example, is about how some people in today's society often fall for someone based only on looks and stay with them because they enjoy the lust and passion, rather than wanting something more emotionally satisfying or someone they can relate to. You could also argue that Stewie's character implies that young people these days tend to understand things that they perhaps shouldn't but can also read emotions well, despite being underestimated by their elders sometimes. ("Then what were you... Wait, I smell sweat and anger and shame. Ohh my G*d, you didn't!") Even if they are a little slow, lol.
So maybe the shows like Family Guy are not trying to send as many messages as South Park but instead are trying to tell us to review how the majority of us are and how we act and behave.
In my opinion, I like South Park more because it does this as well as trying to send hidden messages, (and is also funnier).

Either way, I do enjoy Family Guy a lot, especially Stewie's character. And also Brian's. I think some good hidden messages come from their characters, e.g. to love and respect your parents/guardians and consequences of drugs or/and alcohol. I know that these may seem obvious to some people but despite being simple, I think that a lot of people do need to see these consequences and messages, especially younger people, (but not too young because of the age restriction).

_________________
Mmkay.


Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:48 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
2x4b wrote:
To be honest I'm surprised at the people that complain about some of the more racist and adult jokes. Let's take an example.

Peter Griffin: From now on, I too will be abstinent. I'll be as untouched as the turn signal in an Asian woman's car.
[cutaway to an Asian woman driving]
Asian Woman: How much signal I need to cut across eight lane? None? I turn now. Good luck, everybody else! [cuts across eight lanes, causing four cars, a truck, and a gas tanker to crash; tanker explodes]

Now to be perfectly honest I found that hilarious. Not for the fact that it's a racial stereotype, but because it is a random cutaway that Family Guy is so good at doing. It's a television show. It's there to make you laugh. One thing I did find out by listening to the commentary is that while the FCC has no problem with the more adult jokes, for some reason poo jokes never get through. It's stupid though because those are the jokes that kids get... Go figure.


Lol, is the F.C.C. real? I wasn't sure. I'm sure they do pull the writers of the show up about some things because there is a Family Guy episode all about the F.C.C. and how mean they are. I love the song.
And then in South Park, on 'Cartoon Wars', (a two-part episode), it's about the Family Guy company going to not air a Family Guy episode because of a particular racial joke. There is a race and a fight between Kyle and Cartman about the issue, (as always, if you know the show).

_________________
Mmkay.


Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:55 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Madison, WI
Post 
CharmedJoey wrote:
Lol, is the F.C.C. real? I wasn't sure. I'm sure they do pull the writers of the show up about some things because there is a Family Guy episode all about the F.C.C. and how mean they are.


The Federal Communications Commission. Among other very necessary things, they hand out fines for things that go too far on TV and Radio, like the Janet Jackson Super Bowl Incident, and Howard Stern in general, for example.

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 654
Location: England, Manchester
Post 
Interesting, thanks. So I suppose if Family Guy or South Park, etc, was made over here in England or elsewhere instead, the F.C.C. wouldn't pull them up on certain issues or jokes. Although hopefully we have our own equivalent because I agree that something like this is necessary, otherwise things could go from funny to extremely offensive and they're already pushing it as it is but so long as they do it for everything/everyone and don't single anything/anyone out, it's all right - e.g. if they're going to then they should make small jokes about traditions in every culture, not just something about traditions in one particular culture, for example, the British culture.

Speaking of, it was bl*ody hildarious when the little London girl lived next door to the Family Guy...family... for a while and Stewie tried to teach her to talk with an American accent because she had such a strong London accent, so it worked and he smugly thought he'd won a bet with Brian but then the little girl wet herself in front of everyone at her party and said "Oh, bl*ody Hell, I've gone and wet myself!", (sorry if it isn't an exact quatation), with her London accent again.

_________________
Mmkay.


Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:20 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 am
Posts: 863
Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
Post 
The things on Family Guy are not meant to offend anyone and evryone knows it. They just want something to fuss about. I find Family Guy extremely hilarious. It is my favorite show.

_________________
All I know is that I know nothing.


Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:07 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:14 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Canada EH!!
Post 
Lol Family Guy was like my favourite show for about 2 years, then it just got very repeatitive and I lost interest. The channel I watched it on played the same 4 episodes for about 2 weeks, I was so mad. I never really watched the newer episodes because they're on at 9pm on Sundays and I am usually busy with other stuff. Although I did see a 4 minute clip of the 100th episode where Stewie finally kills Lois, although I didn't see the episode. Also, my friend at school said something about she actually didn't die or something, I dunno and I don't really care...

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:32 pm
Profile
PROBATION
PROBATION

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:44 am
Posts: 69
Location: partying in my secret base
Post 
Auzzie wrote:
Lol Family Guy was like my favourite show for about 2 years, then it just got very repeatitive and I lost interest. The channel I watched it on played the same 4 episodes for about 2 weeks, I was so mad. I never really watched the newer episodes because they're on at 9pm on Sundays and I am usually busy with other stuff. Although I did see a 4 minute clip of the 100th episode where Stewie finally kills Lois, although I didn't see the episode. Also, my friend at school said something about she actually didn't die or something, I dunno and I don't really care...


yea she didnt die she was saved by a fish guy which was funny and then at the end peter killed stewie,guess wat,it was just a simulation.lol that is the best show ever

_________________
<center><img src="images/trainercards/gottacatchthemall2.png"></center>


Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:28 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:07 pm
Posts: 155
Location: Blood is the best ink...
Post 
Family Guy is probably one of my favorite tv shows, it always cracks me up.

_________________
No.


Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:56 pm
Profile YIM
Fails at life
Fails at life

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:33 pm
Posts: 159
Location: South Dakota
I love Family Guy, I want to see the Star Wars one, but O well I like Stewie!

_________________
Image
Credit does to Medichamrules


Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:15 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Weather Institute :-)
On the 100th aniversary (the rerun was the first and only show(s) I watched), my favorite part was the Kool-Aid man:

Everyone: Oh no!
K-A Man: Oh yeah! OUCH, my jug! It's broken. Take me to the hospital. Oh, and oh yeah!
Everyone: WTF, go away.
K-A Man: Fine, drink Gatorade, but don't come to me when you don't "oh yeah".

Okay that didn't really happen if you missed it. But I was ROFLOL when that happened.

_________________
Image


Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:10 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:39 pm
Posts: 42
Location: The big MN
Family Guy is my favorite show right now. It's always funny and I try to watch it every day. I saw Cartoon Wars the South Park episode too. They really bash Family guy in that episode but the kind of bash themselves too. But I read that Family Guy calls there throw away jokes "manitee jokes". These guys seem like they would be pretty good people in real life.


Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:23 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.