It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 am

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Forum Etiquette question 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hey all you FEG's, I have a question for you. Suppose I ask a question, and someone answers that question well and completely. Should I post again, thanking them, or just leave it unanswered? IE, is it rude to not say thank you, vs is it spam to reply to say thank you?

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:53 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Say something like "Thanks, this can be closed now." (if it needs locked). Otherwise, the mods get confused whether or not it answered your question, and they may lock the thread because the replies are getting ridiciously stupid. (I've done it before, and I've gotten angry PMs because of it...)

If thats not what you mean & you're not talking about it being closed, then yeah, you can thank them.

If thats not what you mean, please be more specific >_>

Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:13 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Actually it doesn't really matter in my opinion, but you have only yourself to blame if it gets locked and you are furious because you are not satisfied with the replies yet :P

A simple "thank you" message is fine, and is not regarded as spam though a post with only "thanks" does irk me a little. Anyway, even without such a post, the mods are usually discerning enough to be able to judge whether the answers given are both accurate and sufficient, so you don't have to worry too much.

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:48 am
Report this post
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

(Lol, now I'm dong precisely what you told me to do. Irony.)

Alright, thanks very much to both of you, that answers my question! This can be locked now.

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:34 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]