It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Advertisement Problem 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Whenever I try to enter the site or go to a different webpage on Psypoke, and advertisement will come up instead of the page. Usually I can simply click on continue to get to the page I want, but about half the time I have to click and reload the pages at least 5 times to finally get where I want to. Sometimes the page I want will never come up and I will have to exit the browser. Could you fix this please? Please respond on this forum.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:42 pm
Report this post
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The ads are the responsibility of our host, Gamespy, and there's nothing we can do to fix them.
This topic has more details. Using Firefox and Adblock (an addon for Firefox) also seems to work.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:14 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

We are aware of the issue, and I promise, we are working with GameSpy on coming up with a solution. However, there are certain contract requirements, and these things take time and a lot of work on the part of many people.

In the meantime, the best advise we can offer is that which JsXtm has already provided. Using Firefox along with the Adblock extension can prevent the ads from coming up in the first place, thus avoiding getting trapped in a loop.

It is worth noting that these full-page ads come up when you open new windows/tabs for a link; if you do your best to avoid opening more than one instance of the site, you will minimize your chances of getting caught in a loop when using a non-Firefox browser.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]