It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:47 pm

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 A Meet-Up Topic/Sticky 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hi, I have been on Psypokes for a while now. I PM Sneaky Sneasel about an idea that I had, but he said that he would not be the person to talk to about it. And I don't know who is really in charge of the forums, so I decided to post my question here. Here goes.

For a long time, I have wanted to have a Pokemon meet-up in my area. I live in Raleigh, NC and I really don't know alot of people who play Pokemon DS/Wii game(s). I tried joining a meet-up last month, however they kicked me out. The mother who organized it just wanted to make it for her kids to tlak about and trade Pokemon cards. And she doesn't want anyone over 11 attending. Since I am 22, that obviously rules me out. The Manaphy Event is tomorrow. I was hoping to find people there of all ages (hoefully people around my age if possible) and create a meetup somewhere to hang out and discuss Pokemon. The reason why I created this topic is because I was hoping I could use Psypokes as a place for any questions for my members to ask me at. Basically, I want to know if there is any way I could get a topic/sticky or something that I can use to put up dates, locations, events, etc. for my meet-up? I know that the whole thing about teams are removed, so that is why I was wondering if I could do this. It would bring more people to psypokes, and it would probably inspire others on this forum already to create meet-ups as well. And they could bring in more members and also this way if anyone were to go somewhere in the world, there's a chance that a pokemon meet-up that has been mentioned on Psypokes could exist nearby. So, is it alright if I do this? That is the question.

-Ryan

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:03 pm
Report this post
Lite Four
Lite Four

Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to work. You're trying to get together with the wrong crowd; 90% of the people here (are unfortunately :/) under 13. I don't think this will work at all, and most of the older people I know here don't live near NC (except Blue Baby Dragon.)

Try another community where most of the members aren't extremely young.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:46 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i know a million sites you could try but then i'd get hurt for mentioning them.

Sorry, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it'll work. :(

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:54 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I'm pretty sure Pelligargetic and possibly EP live in North Carolina.

Your best bet to search for a club would be to Google it...If you're into the trading cards, http://go-pokemon.com is the HQ for the TCG, and can find leagues just about anywhere (just make sure you search only for a state, not a city). It's what I did, and now I meet just about every Saturday (except this one, which explains why I'm talking to you).
I'm not sure about any other video game players, but fortunately, a lot of people in my TCG club also play the DS games. This may not work for you, but if you do like the cards it's at least worth a shot. (Heck, my club has 40+yo's.)

- DNA

Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:54 am
Report this post
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

No no no. You're misuderstanding me. I have recently just found a group of people in my area that can probably attend a meet-up. I was just wondering if I can use a certain area of this forum provided by you guys (and girls) to post dates, locations and topics about our group on here. That's all. Don't worry about me trying to find people in Raleigh on here. I can find them elsewhere. I just wanted to know if I can use this forum to do discussions with them over an internet basis, that's all.

-Ryan

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:28 pm
Report this post
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Oh sorry. Yeah, I misunderstood you by a long shot.
Well, that question would be best answered by the admins, not me...Sorry I couldn't help you.
- DNA

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:57 pm
Report this post
The Geek
The Geek

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to say no. For legal reasons, I just don't think that's possible. Like was already pointed out, most of the people here are under the age of 13; almost ALL of them are under 18. The legality issues that could arise from a bunch of young children deciding they want to meet up with someone from the internet are... yeah.

I'm not opposed to meeting people from online communities, however I am opposed to young children being involved in such a thing. And, given how law plays into things like this, I just don't think it's wise to accept such a liability for such a thing here.

However, you are welcome to bring more people to the community and set up conversations in PM and on the chats; new members would be great. I just don't feel it's wise to have a publicly posted topic talking about real-life meetups. We get enough emails from angry soccer moms as it is sometimes.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]