It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 CD Review - Led Zeppelin II 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

(Obviously) This is the second album released by Led Zeppelin. It's got the great riff heavy blues-rock feel of all their earlier works. Of their first four albums, this one is probably one of my favorites. I guess I'll go into detail about each song.

Whole Lotta Love - This is a great song with a great riff. My only complaint about it is that, other than the guitar solo, the song remains the same the entire time, so you might get a little bored of it.

What Is And What Should Never Be - This is a fairly underrated song by Led Zeppelin. The beginning is nothing special, but it gets much better late on into the song.

The Lemon Song - This is the longest song on the album, and, in fact, the only long song. It's pretty catchy and it's got several different parts, so it's a song you'll probably listen to all the way through.

Thank You - This is a slow song, and probably my least favorite song on the album. Still worth the occasional listen, though.

Heartbreaker - Best song on the album. It has a spectacular riff, great vocals, and an awesome guitar solo. The entire song flows really well.

Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman) - This is another great song. It has a great riff, great vocals, and, again, it flows very well. Like Heartbreaker, it just feels so well put together.

Ramble On - This is a fairly popular song by Led Zeppelin. In fact, it is one of the main reasons I bought this album. However, I really can't stand listening to it more than once in a while. The chorus is good, but other than that, it's a fairly weak song.

Moby Dick - This is an instrumental track. The main riff is cool, as is most of the guitar parts. However, most of the song is taken up by a huge drum solo. Don't get me wrong; it's spectacular drumming. I just find that after the first time you listen to it all the way through, there's not much reason to hear it again.

Bring It On Home - Most of this song is taken up by a slow blues part, which I actually like quite a bit. Eventaully, it changes to the "real" song, which is even better. Two great riffs to be found here.

Overall: 10/10
All the songs on this album are great, and there are no pointless filler songs. Though this isn't one of their most famous albums, I say Led Zeppelin II is one of their best.

Well, that's my review. I don't know if anyone is going to take the time to read it all, but it's there if you want to.

EDIT: Wow, it censored Moby D i c k. Also, when I said "the song remains the same," that was completely unintentional.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:11 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sounds like an exciting new album. Has it just been released?

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:14 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Sounds good; maybe I'll try the songs. Anyway, stickied and added to the list of CD Reviews, as usual.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(thanks for the review buddy)

Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:53 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sounds like an exciting new album. Has it just been released?

Hey, no one ever said you had to review something brand new.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]