It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 INHERITANCE!!! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

INHERITANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
comes out in 1 day 7 hours and 30 minutes!!!!!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I ordered mine online, so it'll ship directly to my house. The surprising thing is, with shipping and everything, it was only about 16 bucks - waay cheaper than in-store. Even if it comes in crappy condition, I'll have a copy relatively early, and it wouldn't be a hassle to go and buy a better copy if I really wanted to.

That said, I'm really excited to see how this goes. But I also don't want to be disappointed... I mean, we haven't seen a ton of action in Galbatorix's case. It seems like the climax is shaping up to be more Eragon and Saphira vs. Murtagh and Thorn, which doesn't quite feel right. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to getting my copy, and then spending a bunch of time reading it :D

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thats true about the lack of action with Galbatorix, although he did come to fight Oromis and Gladier. Not to mention the third egg is more than likely going to hatch. I think (just because she is already a main character) that the egg will hatch for Ayra in order to replace Oromis as the Elvan rider so once Galbatorix is defeated it would be quick and easy to get a cross species rider's pact thing goin on.
Mine is preordered as well and I CANT WAIT. its like TOMORROW.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, Galbatorix only POSSESSED Murtagh. He didn't physically show up.

Actually, I think Roran will wind up with the green egg. That way, it's the three 'brothers' fighting each other. And it would probably be pretty even, considering the fact that Roran would be new to it, and as he would (obviously) team up with Eragon, the fight against Eldunari-empowered Murtagh would work out well.

I wonder what's going to happen to Shruikan.... Maybe he'll turn against Galbatorix for enslaving him?

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Roran getting the last egg would be pretty awesome. He would obviously learn most of his magic from Eragon and Saphira. As for Shurikan turning against Galbatorix, I highly doubt it. The bond between rider and dragon would be too much for it to just turn against him, they share thoughts and emotions and everything. It would certainly be n amazing twist, but I dont think it would happen.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

But don't forget, Shruikan was never actually Galbatorix's dragon. Shruikan belonged to another Rider, but Galbatorix killed that Rider, and essentially enslaved Shruikan through the use of black magic. So, he potentially could betray his 'rider'...

Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I totally forgot about that, I should reread all the other books before I read Inheritance. Its actually been a couple years. So yea, that does make sense now. Did you get it yet?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]