It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Penultimate Peril (spoilers) 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OMG i just finished today and i am very wowed at the moment it brings up alot of questions in the baudelaire's lives but quite a few answers to I mean they burn down the hotel but for nobel purposes and i love how the clock says wrong in the book wen something goes wrong now post ur opinions on the book

Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:55 pm
is very close to getting banned

Lol, okay, I think you need to expand more. People won't know what you're talking about ^_^

He speaks of the newest book in a Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, called the Penultimate Peril. "Penultimate" is a word which means "second last", and it's sadly the second last book in the series.

It is awesome, and I'm proud to say that I knew Justice Strauss would come back. Halfway through the book I realized that J.S. could stand for "Jerome Squalor", but I never actually made the connection to Justice Strauss as well. I guessed that she'd turn up though, and nearly cheered aloud when I was right.

I felt very intelligent while reading it, though, because I saw why Sunny suggested to "Burn down hotel" and I guessed that the Denouement twins were actually triplets. Go me ^_^

All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable book, and I can't wait for the last one to come out and explain things.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I got it for Christmas and have read the whole series, except this one and I`m looking forward to it. Justice Strauss is back? Cool, I like her, even though she was imvolved in the Marriage from book 1.

The books are written in a way like no other, I can`t compare it to anything else. I can`t wait to read the Penultimate Peril and also the last book to discover everything in true detail. I`d like to go back to Aunt Josaphine`s story because she knew an awful lot before she died and I think they might discover something about her to do with their parents.

Oh well, happy chattin! :)

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the book is so awesome i just got it yesterday

ps 25 posts

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]