It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Syd Barrett / Guns N' Roses 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I was shocked and saddened to hear that Pink Floyd founder Syd Barret had dies last week. He made some of Britain's most unique and interesting music of all time. I walked two miles to buy the album Wish You Were Here the day after I'd heard the news.

On Tuesday, I'm going to see Guns N' Roses (or should that be Axl Rose's). I'm not a big fan to be honest, but a mate from work is massively into them and I said I'd go. I'm still looking forward to it. Support comes from Bullet For My Valentine.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That is sad that Syd died. I wonder if the band can live up to their potential? Hopefully Pink Floyd can still write and perform their music. Myself, I've never heard any of their music, but knowing that you walked two miles must make them a good band. Now that the band's founder is gone, the songs may sound different. Bad news happens every once in a while, but the people affected usually pull through.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That is sad that Syd died. I wonder if the band can live up to their potential? Hopefully Pink Floyd can still write and perform their music. Myself, I've never heard any of their music, but knowing that you walked two miles must make them a good band. Now that the band's founder is gone, the songs may sound different. Bad news happens every once in a while, but the people affected usually pull through.

Syd was one of the founding members of the band, not one of the current members. Even "current" is stressing it, because Pink Floyd hasn't recorded an album since "The Division Bell" in 1994.

While Syd was only with Pink Floyd for their first two albums, (and even then, he was only really "with" them mentally for their first, heh) he was still very influential in psychadelic rock as a whole. I've never heard his solo material, but I'll consider checking it out.

"Wish You Were Here" is probably my second favorite Pink Floyd album (next to Dark Side) out of the ones I've heard.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]