It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Mad Max series 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

First off, I just want to say..... if you're reading this and haven't seen Mad Max: Fury Road yet, PLEASE go see it, it's an amazing film and isn't your typical action thriller.

Anyway, I didn't see any Mad Max threads on here, so I figured we'd start the conversation here. George Miller's first three Mad Max films are also really good, but this latest installment is the best out of the series, in my opinion, because of its filmography, stunts, and characterization of the women in the story (action films usually don't have really well-written women, and as a woman, I really appreciated that). Who else is a fan of the series, and what did you think of Mad Max: Fury Road?

sad but rad

Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:57 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The action is fast and furious and totally bonkers. And yet the style is totally original: Old West showdowns meets funk mayhem meets feminist drama. Seriously.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:45 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I was originally going to skip seeing this in theaters because I've been busy, and there were other movies I was eagerly awaiting. But, a friend recommended that I see it in theaters, and it was well worth it. The effects (nearly all of them practical, rather than CGI) are amazing, and the story is non-stop action, and really well written to boot. The flamethrower guitarist is awesome as well. Two thumbs definitely up.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]